Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Why Your Boyfriend Shouldn't Know Your Body Count - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Your Boyfriend Shouldn't Know Your Body Count (701 Views)

Can A Girl With High Body Count Be Faithful In Marriage? / "I Wouldn’t Date A Guy With A Body Count Of Over 10" - Slay Queen (Photos) / "Your Boyfriend Deserves To Know Your Body Count" - Joro Olumofin To Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Your Boyfriend Shouldn't Know Your Body Count by Benards(m): 10:01pm On May 22, 2020
Only your doctor or gynaecologist deserves this information.

Your body count is the number of people you have had sex with, and that information is something that you should keep to yourself.
Even in new relationships where new partners try to familiarize with each other by asking questions, peering into past relationships and trying to understand past sexual experiences; the question may arise from your [potential] boyfriend. No matter how gently or how politely or innocently he asks, you should never tell.
Your boyfriend doesn't deserve to know your body count

Relationship experts believes that downplaying the figure your body count when asked does not make sense. It is better to not answer the question at all, she opines.
“People will judge you no matter what answer you give when asked about past lovers and the assumption they make is usually wrong.”
“Which is why I don't care who's doing the asking – whether it's your partner, mother, best friend or beauty therapist - your answer to how many lovers you've had is no answer.”

You could tell your doctor, gynecologist or other medical professionals who need your sexual history for medical reasons.
That seems logical enough, given that those are professionals who have signed a confidentiality oath.
Your body count will be used against you
“Keep your mouth zipped even if nothing... has been [in there]… and don't kid yourself: if you do blurt out a figure to your boyfriend, you will be judged – and not necessarily by the same rules he judges himself on.
“Even if he's slept with 300, your three will be two too many,” the 57-year-old expert says, bringing to the fore yet again the ridiculousness of the double standard which society judges sexual activeness with in the genders.
Men are hailed champs when they’ve been with numerous women, but women are called tramps for being even half as sexually adventurous as some of these men.
To avoid these unfair bias in society’s estimation of you, to keep mum about your body count is best.
Don’t tell your boo; not your friends and surely not your Nigerian parents and you'll be just fine.
What do you think, is this great advice? Let’s know in the poll below

1 Like

Re: Why Your Boyfriend Shouldn't Know Your Body Count by arthorjnr(m): 10:20pm On May 22, 2020
You have a point.

But, if its 1,I really don't see any reason to hide that. Since you've also made it clear you're not a virgin.

But keeping mute or being silent to the question, gets the mind wandering.

Las las, if she/he kept their body, they wouldn't be in that awkward spot.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Boyfriend Shouldn't Know Your Body Count by Numero9: 10:24pm On May 22, 2020
Me I don't understand this body count I've been hearing people talking about o.

Like na part of the body una dey count like....1, 2, 3,4.....

Abi na individual body una dey count?

Make una no laugh me

English no be my mother language.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Boyfriend Shouldn't Know Your Body Count by Lamanii22(f): 11:16pm On May 22, 2020
Some things are better left unsaid.... If you don't feel comfortable saying them...
Re: Why Your Boyfriend Shouldn't Know Your Body Count by PoliticallyInco: 11:27pm On May 22, 2020
If you are not psychologically strong to bear or accept the truth in the answer, why ask?

If the lady isn't a virgin take it as such and leave this question alone. If the man isn't a virgin accept it as well and avoid this question.

If you aren't broad minded enough do not ask what will make you go insane and trouble your heart, mind and head.

Body count doesn't imply a good or bad person. But if you think it is important in your relationship then ask it early. Tell the person immediately that what you want is a Virgin. Most women won't tell the truth because men will judge them. Most men will already judge a woman who avoids the question. Bring it up early or don't bring it up at all.

The reason for a high body count for many ladies could be that most men played games with them. Most men play games from age 16 to 30. Most women will meet men who are simply seeking for fun and exploring. Unfortunately at their own expense. Many ladies also are hardly self sustaining and economic and other needs will make them have more than one partner. It is less so for men. Though now it is becoming common. Women are becoming less inhibited by societal dictates.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Boyfriend Shouldn't Know Your Body Count by varnaija(f): 11:33pm On May 22, 2020
The hypocritical. Body count is the word used to describe ladies.

What of the men that partook, aren't they to be counted too.

Nonsense

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Africans Love To Show Off & Live Fake Life? / Head Action Btw Partners Is It A Sin / Have You Ever Experienced This About GNLD Job Opportunity Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.