Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,916 members, 7,835,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

How Has Nairaland Helped You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Has Nairaland Helped You? (948 Views)

Between A Girl Who Stood By You When You Had Nothing And A Girl Who Helped You / Man Who Nearly Died In Road Accident Weds One Of The Nurses Who Helped Him Recov / Which Among Those Listed Have Helped You So Much? Be Sincere Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has Nairaland Helped You? by yungzed360(m): 7:51am On May 23, 2020
A friend of mine use to tell me how one can easily meet and date on this forum but since I joined in 2013 (University Days) up on till this day, I have not seen one, just one thing Nairaland has done for me (relationship wise sha)...
If its a government work, u can imagine the GradeLevel I would be by now na? Check am!

2go gave me about 6 girlfriends in 2011 and 12 respectively, Facebook gave me a girlfriend in 2014, WhatsApp gave me another one in 2016 but #Nairaland na laye abi na me no sabi?.

Share yours! Encourage a brother...
I love this family fan...
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Ezennwa(m): 7:53am On May 23, 2020
hmm!

If you ask me na who i go ask
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Babysnow1: 8:00am On May 23, 2020
By reading news
Whether truth or lies
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Oluromantic: 8:07am On May 23, 2020
The problem with Nairaland is that mods don't listen to suggestions. Check well, since that 2013 you joined, has anything changed about the forum? There was a time they came up with Nairaland app on play store, it was just trashy rubbish. Nairaland is not built well enough to meet people for date or relationship, though it happens at a very minimal level but not like other social forum. There's no chat room, no pictures or videos or story display. Even the smileys alone are so archaic, only God knows when it has been like that. If you made a post and you want to delete it having realized it's not proper enough, once it has been quoted, there's nothing you can do anymore except maybe to report the quoter. Is baning a quoter good enough?

Agreed they censor some vulgar words but there are some words in medical and literal terms that are left uncensored probably cus they have clear meanings but they're not evenly considered. E g dicck is censored as joystick. Pusssy as kittycat. But vagina is left as it is.. that's ok. So why is pennis not left as it is too. Why censor pennis that has d same acceptable value as vagina. The forum is just too infested with Nigerian cultural/political way of life of remaining at one spot and the followers can't protest or do anything about it.

7 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by jom28gy(m): 8:10am On May 23, 2020
Nairaland,is not like other social media, where you can have a direct chat with one another, online indirectly or directly

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by illicit(m): 8:16am On May 23, 2020
Hmmm so in short it's girlfriend you came here for
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Deicide: 8:20am On May 23, 2020
I do hear some guys say they hook up with girls here a lot but I don't know how true that is, I never pictured NL as that type of a forum or what not.

If females and males hate each other here and always argue with each other, who are those doing meet up?

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by yungzed360(m): 8:38am On May 23, 2020
Oluromantic:
The problem with Nairaland is that mods don't listen to suggestions. Check well, since that 2013 that you joined, has anything changed about the forum? There was a time they came up with Nairaland app on play store, it was just trashy rubbish. Nairaland is not built well enough to meet people for date or relationship, though it happens at a very minimal level but not like other social forum. There's no chat room, no pictures or videos or story display. Just the smileys alone are so archaic, only God knows when it has been like that. If you made a post and you want to delete it having realized it's not proper enough, once it has been quoted, there's nothing you can do anymore except maybe to report the quoter. Is baning a quoter good enough?

Agreed they censor some vulgar words but there are some words in medical and literal terms that are left uncensored probably cus it has a clear meaning but it's not evenly considered. E g dicck is censored as joystick. Pusssy as kittycat. But vagina is left as it is.. that's ok. So why is pennis not left as it is too. Why censor pennis that has d same acceptable value as vagina. The forum is just too infested with Nigerian cultural and political way of life of remaining at one spot and the followers can't protest or do anything about it.

You are very correct baba, nairaland is just too much of an avant-garde style... I tell u, nothing has changed...meeting a date is at a very very minimal level... Topics like this won't be moved to FP now but u see those ones that are not about suggestions, sharp sharp, it on FP i.e. "how to please a woman", " what to do as a husband".

The thing tire me gann
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by yungzed360(m): 8:39am On May 23, 2020
jom28gy:
Nairaland,is not like other social media, where you can have a direct chat with one another, online indirectly or directly

That doesn't mean it should limit it potentials na!
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by yungzed360(m): 8:40am On May 23, 2020
illicit:
Hmmm so in short it's girlfriend you came here for

Noooo... Its a boyfriend I came to look for.
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by illicit(m): 8:42am On May 23, 2020
yungzed360:

Noooo... Its a boyfriend I came to look for.
But boys and girls dey ur area now.
There are many impostors here
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Mazigabriel(m): 8:44am On May 23, 2020
Nairaland don't really push educational topics to front page, and this act discourages a lot of people from posting a topic that would lecture people

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by yungzed360(m): 8:51am On May 23, 2020
Mazigabriel:
Nairaland don't really push educational topics to front page, and this act discourages a lot of people from posting a topic that would lecture people

They won't na! They are busy playing politics.. Especially lalasticlala and co.

Pushing only topics like "My late uncles wife want children from me" and many others like it to FP.
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Galactico4ever(m): 8:55am On May 23, 2020
This forum helped with my final year project topic,plus it has been an excellent place for killing boredom and getting a few life changing tips. However I wish seun will add a private section where you can chat with a NLder and share pics in private.

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Ejenavi18(f): 9:08am On May 23, 2020
Nairaland has helped me understand that men and women can't be at peace with each other on social media.
Everyday you'll see threads and counter-threads, comments of both sexes bashing each other..
cheesy

In all, Nairaland is an educative forum, I've learnt a lot from my time spent here.
My opinion though..
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by UniqueQueen12(f): 9:20am On May 23, 2020
Lol. 6,12,so and so girlfriends only you? so where are they now? all EX.. You try

Believe me,there are wonderful people here and mostly not on romance section
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by delectablegyal(f): 9:24am On May 23, 2020
it has helped change my perspective about things. I'm glad I met nairaland. it is such a cutiesmiley.

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by delectablegyal(f): 9:28am On May 23, 2020
yungzed360:
A friend of mine use to tell me how one can easily meet and date on this forum but since I joined in 2013 (University Days) up on till this day, I have not seen one, just one thing Nairaland has done for me (relationship wise sha)...
If its a government work, u can imagine the GradeLevel I would be by now na? Check am!

2go gave me about 6 girlfriends in 2011 and 12 respectively, Facebook gave me a girlfriend in 2014, WhatsApp gave me another one in 2016 but #Nairaland na laye abi na me no sabi?.

Share yours! Encourage a brother...
I love this family fan...

hoeniranusmiley.
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by ObaOfUyo: 9:28am On May 23, 2020
Parks Vehicle grin
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by afstrongest(m): 9:30am On May 23, 2020
Nairaland still looks like a web page of the early 2000’s, I think first this forum needs a face lift then, a modification to users and super users space, so we could identity newbies well and more so like the Quora forum, Seun should copy that forum and do the needful
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by afstrongest(m): 9:31am On May 23, 2020
Nairaland still looks like a web page of the early 2000’s, I think first this forum needs a face lift then, a modification to users and super users space, so we could identity newbies well and more so like the Quora forum, S.eun should copy that forum and do the needful

2 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Maxxim: 9:32am On May 23, 2020
At first I gained insight on online works which made me learn new skills online plus certification
Plus learning about redpill, it was an amazing experience and an eye opener

2 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by yungzed360(m): 9:38am On May 23, 2020
UniqueQueen12:
Lol. 6,12,so and so girlfriends only you? so where are they now? all EX.. You try

Believe me,there are wonderful people here and mostly not on romance section

Leave the EX's jhooooorrr... Where can I find them?
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by rosy1992(f): 9:46am On May 23, 2020
It helped me acquire some nice skills online, read news, learn latest relationship fact. it is the best place to eradicate boredom.
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by UniqueQueen12(f): 10:37am On May 23, 2020
yungzed360:

Leave the EX's jhooooorrr... Where can I find them?
I no go leave cheesy I am sure the ones you will get here will also be ex and the number of exsssssssssssssssssss continue. grin cheesy

FAMILY BUSINESS LITERATURE EDUCATION RELIGION cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Chummynoni(m): 11:03am On May 23, 2020
my day is not complete without login in to nairaland. this site always put smiles on my face when i read comments . with nairaland, i have always have smiling face.comments on romance section makes me laugh to the extent that my colleagues at work thinks am running mad.lol i also got my 68k salary job thru this forum. i am still open for opportunities tho.

2 Likes

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by DanDeeBoss(m): 11:08am On May 23, 2020
It's a place I come to cool off.... read news and interesting stuffs......... It's really educating smileysmiley

I love the banters and savage comments
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by sexylassie2(f): 11:13am On May 23, 2020
m
Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by ubsky(m): 11:19am On May 23, 2020
Except for the fact that nairaland has refused to upgrade so many features on It's site,I actually met a top software developer from this forum that coached me on a particular programming language for free without any penny attached to it,he treated me like his child too.....I'm actually working with the knowledge obtained prior to technologies I learnt under his tutelage,may God continue to bless him and lastly the comments on the romance section makes me laugh so hard

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by ChewingStick(m): 11:56am On May 23, 2020
I came here looking for spiritual help! Some idiots initiated me into a "CREW" . Honorable members, fall out grin

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by Tenifayo23: 12:04pm On May 23, 2020
A friend introduced me to nairaland when I was in 100L.
Academically, nairaland really helped me. At some point when I was in uni, I lost hope of making 2:1 but reading people's experiences on this forum made me realize it's possible and with high determination I made it.
Career Wise, nairaland is a bomb. After serving my father's land, securing my dream job looked like a mirage because utmost connection is required and considering the fact that I don't have any. I came across a thread detailing people experiences of how they made it. I followed up and the rest they say is history. Today my take home monthly is close to Bleep @26yrs.
Relationship wise, I have learnt a lot as well. You will come across a lot of jargon on nairaland all In the name of advice but take a deep breath, sieve those advice and pick only the one that is applicable.
Let me stop here for now.

1 Like

Re: How Has Nairaland Helped You? by yungzed360(m): 2:18pm On May 23, 2020
UniqueQueen12:
I no go leave cheesy I am sure the ones you will get here will also be ex and the number of exsssssssssssssssssss continue. grin cheesy

FAMILY BUSINESS LITERATURE EDUCATION RELIGION cheesy cheesy

Tor. Let me find u, lastly I'll settle down with u... ���

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Women Cheats On Their Partner Despite Being Properly Taken Care Of? / Nigerian Lady Boasts Of Her Ashawo Business / I Think I Want Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.