Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? (3775 Views)

Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? / My Girlfriend Is Ignoring Me And It Hurts Me / After Ignoring Me, She Contacted Me Years Later For Financial Assistance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Haviza(f): 3:13pm On May 23, 2020
So I created a thread last week about how a guy I texted and spoke on the phone everyday with just stopped replying me for almost two weeks. He ignored all my calls and texts and just disappeared.

Well he responded to my texts this morning and apologized for responding late. He said he didn't respond earlier because he has been very busy

The thing is I am very happy to hear from him. I really like this guy a lot and I don't want to lose him. But I can't help but feel he doesn't respect me enough for him to just ghost me for two weeks. He has been online for the past two weeks so I don't know how he can be "very busy" and still be online and yet not spare few seconds of his time to reply my texts.

I've not responded to his texts yet. I don't know what to say to him.

Cc
Safarigirl
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by jidamsel43(m): 3:17pm On May 23, 2020
What do you want from him? love , relationship, money? The guy is just a pen pal and not your boyfriend. He has not committed any offence by ignoring you for two weeks since you are not his priority. Just accept his apology and continue the social media friendship. If you want more that just a friendship from this guy, it will end up in tears

2 Likes

Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Haviza(f): 3:20pm On May 23, 2020
jidamsel43:
What do you want from him? love , relationship, money?

I want a relationship with him. I have feelings for him and he has admitted he has feelings for me too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by gregyboy(m): 3:23pm On May 23, 2020
Haviza:
So I created a thread last week about how a guy I texted and spoke on the phone everyday with just stopped replying me for almost two weeks. He ignored all my calls and texts and just disappeared.

Well he responded to my texts this morning and apologized for responding late. He said he didn't respond earlier because he has been very busy

The thing is I am very happy to hear from him. I really like this guy a lot and I don't want to lose him. But I can't help but feel he doesn't respect me enough for him to just ghost me for two weeks. He has been online for the past two weeks so I don't know how he can be "very busy" and still be online and yet not spare few seconds of his time to reply my texts.

Cc
Safarigirl

We have to examine from your pics to ascertain if the problem is originally fron your looks, before we can rule that out and try behavioral test then also do a LovePeddler test grin the most important ..... Test of all it drives away men than bad behavior

On behalf of fellow male nlanders we are waiting to see your pics from your profile soonest

6 Likes

Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Millenniumlady(f): 3:23pm On May 23, 2020
Better don't lose your dignity over a man "Nigerian one for that matter" because at the end of the day if you don't keep him pressed a little bit he won't value you so better step up your game if text you reply in three days time with "k" or view the chat so that he'll know that you've seen it but don't respond he'll start chasing you gradually before you know it he's all over you.....I hope he have money haviza

3 Likes

Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 23, 2020
May he is just bored,you have said all that need said,he isn't get any new vibes from your conversation.Change your mode of conversation,talk about things that interest him,be open..try to know him,that he is flirting with you doesn't mean he isn't measuring your IQ.If you keep iterating your conversation like a for loop he get bored and need some space.
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by lomprico(m): 3:26pm On May 23, 2020
when he did not respond, problem!
now he has responded, problem!

wetin women want sef?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Ugwueme1(m): 3:34pm On May 23, 2020
the way you have been responding befor
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Ningen(m): 3:36pm On May 23, 2020
How would you respond to him if he was just a friend or another random guy? Start from there.

It's very important you don't fake your feelings.
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 23, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Better don't lose your dignity over a man "Nigerian one for that matter" because at the end of the day if you don't keep him pressed a little bit he won't value you so better step up your game if text you reply in three days time with "k" or view the chat so that he'll know that you've seen it but don't respond he'll start chasing you gradually before you know it he's all over you.....I hope he have money haviza
This lady again...sometimes, I wonder hw u girls think on this forum...Smh
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Innobee99(m): 3:38pm On May 23, 2020
Am sure u have been ignoring another dude for almost a year now. If not more than

1 Like

Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by safarigirl(f): 3:57pm On May 23, 2020
gregyboy:

We have to examine from your pics to ascertain if the problem is originally fron your looks, before we can rule that out and try behavioral test then also do a LovePeddler test grin the most important ..... Test of all it drives away men than bad behavior

On behalf of fellow male nlanders we are waiting to see your pics from your profile soonest

The guy is just an ass

If she isn't as pretty as he would like, or she has behaviour issues, he could have just left her. Why is he wasting her time and stringing her along? Is that how Nigerian men waste their own time with ugly, ill-mannered, ashawo girls?

1 Like

Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by safarigirl(f): 4:04pm On May 23, 2020
Haviza:

Cc
Safarigirl

At this point, your concern should really be if he is dating you.

So, he speaks to you for a long period of time, then disappears for two weeks, and returns with some BS excuse about being too busy? What assurances do you have that this man isn't in another relationship and those two weeks were spent with his actual babe, and speaking to you would have been suspicious?

Have you guys met before? Do you know where he stays?

See ehn, you must like, love and respect yourself, before presenting yourself as a candidate for any relationship. Do not lose yourself to gain someone, don't sacrifice your self-respect because you like anyone, and never like anyone to the detriment of yourself. Put yourself first, your feelings first. Love yourself above anyone else, and if you love yourself, you will not accept anyhow treatment from anyone.

You can give this guy another chance, but no use love is blind, take enter gutter. Even blind people have sticks that guide them away from obstructions.
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by gregyboy(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2020
safarigirl:

The guy is just an ass

If she isn't as pretty as he would like, or she has behaviour issues, he could have just left her. Why is he wasting her time and stringing her along? Is that how Nigerian men waste their own time with ugly, ill-mannered, ashawo girls?

Probably another lady keeping him busy.... So you can say.......

Most ladies gives out thier numbers to guys after first call, the subsequent calls wont be picked..... Why give us the number in the first place........
Or do we men come to nl to complain
What about the ones we have been in contact with for sometime and we asked them out and they refuse do we men complain.......

Or are we men emotionally proofed not to feel such pains.....

Make she pass..... Another better lady don step in

3 Likes

Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 23, 2020
maybe he is not attacted to you and he's just trying to reply your chats so as to appear polite.You should know when a guy is not attracted to you nau..u are a lady.

2 Likes

Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by safarigirl(f): 4:13pm On May 23, 2020
gregyboy:

Probably another lady keeping him busy.... So you can say.......

Most ladies gives out thier numbers to guys after first call, the subsequent calls wont be picked..... Why give us the number in the first place........
Or do we men come to nl to complain
What about the ones we have been in contact with for sometime and we asked them out and they refuse do we men complain.......

Or are we men emotionally proofed not to feel such pains.....

Make she pass..... Another better lady don step in

This is, once again, not the same scenario.

When she said the guy stated he was busy for two weeks, I wanted to understand, because I also don't really keep up with communication, but then, I recalled that he had been consistently calling and texting all this time, and they seemed to have a relationship with a lot of communication, so, for it to stop anduptly, is odd.

It is different if the person never gave you good energy from the getgo. You can tell when someone never liked you, from the getgo, and giving you number doesn't mean they like you, it
is communication that is important. Some girls give number, so, you don't disturb them for too long, and some don't even think you will call them.

The guy must have someone else, and that's fine, but he should have the balls to tell her so, not leave her guessing, or stringing her along.

I can't even keep the same energy with someone that plays me dirty like that, I no like stress. I go just dey look you, dey wait make everything fizzle out.
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Expresswriter: 4:18pm On May 23, 2020
Haviza:

Cc
Safarigirl

I can tell you for sure the guy is manipulating you. Ghosting people is totally wrong. He's playing mind games on you.

If I were you I won't take him back. Because I bet you, chances are that there is 200% (or even 1000%) probability he'll repeat this behaviour. I bet you. Ask yourself-- is this what you want?

Why settle for someone who doesn't respect you?

Think about it! TWO WHOLE WEEKS he was busy and so couldn't pick your calls or reply your messages! So who are you to him? A disturber? A needy woman? Of course, that's the clear message he's giving you from his two weeks ghosting.

You're expendable as far as he's concerned, period.

He's conditioning you to become used to him. He's manipulating you. This may be one of his plans-- he wants you to dangerously fall in love with him so that you'd be the one to ask him out and NOT the other, usual way round.

Probably, he has insecurity issues. I can't categorically say on this.

Wake up and speak up for yourself.

If he said he was in the hospital, this is understandable. Or that he was arrested. But not to say he was busy! Jeez!

Even wealthy billionaires still have time for their wives. A man can act busy to outsiders but not to his wife or fiancee or girlfriend or a close female friend. TWO WHOLE WEEKS!

Abeg, decide for yourself. The guy behaviour dey vex me. These are the type of men who give Nigerian men a bad image

6 Likes

Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by gregyboy(m): 4:33pm On May 23, 2020
safarigirl:

This is, once again, not the same scenario.

When she said the guy stated he was busy for two weeks, I wanted to understand, because I also don't really keep up with communication, but then, I recalled that he had been consistently calling and texting all this time, and they seemed to have a relationship with a lot of communication, so, for it to stop anduptly, is odd.

It is different if the person never gave you good energy from the getgo. You can tell when someone never liked you, from the getgo, and giving you number doesn't mean they like you, it
is communication that is important. Some girls give number, so, you don't disturb them for too long, and some don't even think you will call them.

The guy must have someone else, and that's fine, but he should have the balls to tell her so, not leave her guessing, or stringing her along.

I can't even keep the same energy with someone that plays me dirty like that, I no like stress. I go just dey look you, dey wait make everything fizzle out.

The lady is simply a substitute....

She should keep in touch she may one day be the main chick.....

They are some questions we cant give answer to from our phone even when we are there it will still be difficult

We can't reason to as why.....
But can give adivice......

She have done well to kept calling maybe tge guy would respect her for that.......
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 23, 2020
Expresswriter:

I can tell you for sure the guy is manipulating you. Ghosting people is totally wrong. He's playing mind games on you.

If I were you I won't take him back. Because I bet you, chances are that there is 200% (or even 1000%) probability he'll repeat this behaviour. I bet you. Ask yourself-- is this what you want?

Think about it! TWO WHOLE WEEKS he was busy and so couldn't pick your calls or reply your messages! So who are you to him? A disturber? A needy woman? Of course, that's the clear message he's giving you from his two weeks ghosting.

He's conditioning you to become used to him. He's manipulating you. This may be one of his plans-- he wants you to dangerously fall in love with him so that you'd be the one to ask him out and NOT the other, usual way round.

If he said he was in the hospital, this is understandable. Or that he was arrested. But not to say he was busy! Jeez!

Even wealthy billionaires still have time for their wives. A man can act busy to outsiders but not to his wife or fiancee or girlfriend or a close female friend. TWO WHOLE WEEKS!

Abeg, decide for yourself. The guy behaviour dey vex me. These are the type of men who give Nigerian men a bad image
Haviza this is the best advice you can get. I repeat.. take this advice

2 Likes

Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Funkyswagzz(m): 5:00pm On May 23, 2020
Haviza:

Cc
Safarigirl

Sharp guy.. my dear just have fun with him if u feel like. Buh if u want something serious don't even bother. He is in a relationship. And I'm sure the girlfriend came to visit him
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Teeboy15(m): 5:13pm On May 23, 2020
Someone who's real girlfriend came around for the entire two weeks he ghosted you.
Now she's gone so he has time and space for you.
But there's nothing wrong in have a heart to heart communication with him about it. Tell him you were emotionally tortured in those two weeks.
But my strongest conviction is that he did that on purpose cos he's aware of your feelings for him. He wanted to play your emotions to desire him more and gain a upper hand in the relationship (if it leads to it).

He's a player.

See as I just dey cast code anyhow

4 Likes

Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 23, 2020
gregyboy:

the guy don go through all her pics probably and find out she is not his type.i am surprised op no even fit code sef.i wont also be surprised that there is another guy dying for op that sends her chat regularly but she ignores.
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by BIGGIE121(m): 6:34pm On May 23, 2020
Haviza:

I want a relationship with him. I have feelings for him and he has admitted he has feelings for me too.

I don't think he's interested in having a relationship with you, the feeling is not mutual , if not what has he been waiting for all this while.

my dear forget about him if not it will not end well emotionally for you.
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by merieam16(f): 7:36pm On May 23, 2020
Haviza:

Okay, buh er u both in the relationship or u are the only one in it?
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by emusmithyy(m): 7:44pm On May 23, 2020
Millenniumlady:

Nigerian girls will never change grin

This is what you pipo learn in your school. Honestly, respectfully, it's getting stale. It doesn't work like that again.
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by BlissB(f): 7:49pm On May 23, 2020
Haviza:

Sister, Just reply "ok" and don't force anymore conversations.....
He go use you play, he don start sef.......... I wouldn't want to go into too much explanation.....Just respect yourself now and let go

N:B: It's my opinion, state yours and don't quote me if it has to do with insult
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by emusmithyy(m): 7:50pm On May 23, 2020
Expresswriter:

Motivational Speaker grin

Relax, it's not that deep. 87.3% of people dating now won't marry the person they're dating. If they want to ghost, let them ghost.

The truth you're hiding from is EVERYBODY IS GHOSTING ON SOMEONE. There's someone you don't like, who's liking you and you're avoiding them, giving them RED SIGNAL buy ohhh, they're colour blind. So chill.
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by xrayj(m): 8:25pm On May 23, 2020
Haviza:

I see u truly like this guy smiley
Please how old are u?
U just have to be careful
I don't think I have ever given anyone that excuse of "I was busy". Even if I was, I wouldn't say it to beggar, let alone someone I respect. That statement is derogatory! My fear is if this is your first love, it is going to disturb u emotionally, nothing we are going to say here that will help, your emotions will control u, especially now that u are a lady. God help u smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Bola146(f): 8:28pm On May 23, 2020
cool You better tell him you love him before it's too late smiley smiley There is nothing bad in that
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 23, 2020
Semperty:
Haviza this is the best advice you can get. I repeat.. take this advice

But will she take the good, logically driven advice? Or will she “go with her heart”? The up side of following her heart is that she may win him over, even snag him from his evident current relationship. Or even if she has an affair with him and it falls apart? The lessons she will learn would count retrospectively, and help her make decisions in her future relationships. But on the flip side? She gets hurt real bad. Which of these is more likely to happen? Time will tell.

Some people could and would make different crazily plausible excuses for the ghosting and fly in, and get burnt, bad. lipsrsealed
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by AfroKnight: 8:50pm On May 23, 2020
grin

You haven’t responded? You want to keep him on hold too?

If you still like him a lot, Na you go tire.

It is the person who cares more that gets hurt. You should guard your heart.
Re: My Male Friend Has Finally Stopped Ignoring Me. How Should I Respond? by lightangel65i(m): 10:09am On May 24, 2020
Haviza:

This is new I didn't believe girls were able to catch feelings, you guys are meant to love only luxary things.

Well if you are capable of having so called feelings, then just go straight to the point and ask him what he sees you as. A friend or something more

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Girls Toast There Men Cantarpant / For Girls Only!oo / Trauma Of A Nigerian Young Lad. Pls, Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.