Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State (60588 Views)

Mysterious Deaths Hit Hadejia LG In Jigawa, Over 100 Dead / Coronavirus Is Cause Of Mysterious Deaths In Kano - Dr Nasiru Sani Gwarzo / Kano Mysterious Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by Reference(m): 8:33am On May 24, 2020
starstunna1313:

For a week now, I have been having this inability to perceive anything, i can just tell what the thing is either with my eyes or tongue , then fever, cold , at times breathing difficultly, mild catarrh with occasional sore throat but no coughing

Those are classic symptoms of Covid 19. Get a test quick and isolate to avoid killing yourself and anyone else.
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:34am On May 24, 2020
AmazingELixir:

He is power drunk and playing to the gallery and the rising cases of Corona virus in the state with oil workers accounting for about 60% still doesn't give you an incline that his cries and fears all this while has come to fruition .

And now Bonny island another industrial hub within the state visited regularly by oil workers reporting strange deaths.

Some of you are blinded by hate.

I think we are now used to deceiving ourselves. The oil workers are the ones mostly tested, so, it is highly likely they will be the ones showing results.

Wike should stop all the drama and for ones put the lives of Rivers people first. I have never seen such behaviour.

Wike needs to release money to empower the Rivers State Ministry of Health to source mobile testing centres to carryout aggressive testing in the rural areas of Rivers State.

Lives could be saved if he acts as a leader and do the right thing. Greed and siphoning money at this time will only lead to crisis.

Prof. Princewill Chike is looking as a fool out there. The medical team of the ministry of health is lost without funds. Lots of funds.

We need mass aggressive testing in Rivers State and mobile labs will go a long way in achieving this. Praising Lockdown and road blocks as actions is just a joke. Especially in Obio-Akpor and Phalga, leaving other States to their fate.

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones.
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by jefff455: 8:35am On May 24, 2020
awhybliss:
double-check you perceptions..
What could make an abortion-house, veterinary clinic, and gymnastics centers be declared essential! What happeno to the place of worship? Indirectly we prioritize abortion-houses(legal murder), veterinary clinic (animals) and gymnastics Houses (physical fitness) over a place of worship,
Can't measure be put in worship-places by the health organization as done in other places called essential?! The world need believers to collectively call on to God..
We don't have red-hotted Christian believers again, what we have "dominantly" are Christian with only (enhanced-theoritical) understanding of the WORD, most in degrees,PhD, JPs, bishops, fine!! It's good but never enough or relevant in the real-kingdom "business" ,... They believe in Christ, but doesn't have a grounded faith in Him, many believers including "pastors" of this age believes in their heart that God can do the impossible but they don't have the faith that it could be realistic in a real-world of today.. how would you limit God's power to say He cannot avert a pandemic miraculously?, to the point that will even bring every human jaw open down to obviously see this could only be done by God? Where's your Faith. These is why fake pastor and prophet are using other means to what we failed to do in the power of Jesus!
Believing isn't enough, we must excersie the faith.
These have been bothering me since the beginning of this pandemic, where most people look at frontliners as the game-changer and the only practical help to ending this pandemic (humanly speaking they are trying thier possible best by risking their lives), am not advocating for worship gathering, am just trying to wake concerned believers up that we put our faith to work if you want the world to experience the "inexplicable working God" and that we only have a supreme power that is behind the (science, technologies, government, wisdom of men, physical and spiritual)
you lack common sense if you claim to be a redhotted Christian why can't you go into those isolation centers and heal all the Corona virus patients Jesus healed people in market places why can't your so called redhotted Christian heal Corona patients you that claim to have faith go to the isolation centers and pray for them all I see in your write up is foolishness and fuckery

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by Reference(m): 8:35am On May 24, 2020
martineverest:
pls,go for check up..or take mixture of dry Moringa(indoor dried)+green tea+lemon+ginger+dry pepper....u can add thyme+cloves if u are experiencing cough,dry nose and sore throat

stay away from processed foods, alcohol and weed... processed alcohol depletes the immune system, smoking especially leads to breathing problems

Those things have zero effect on viruses and may mask symptoms rather than treat them.

1 Like

Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by martineverest(m): 8:36am On May 24, 2020
Reference:

Those things have zero effect on viruses and may mask symptoms rather than treat them.
so what should they do?

1 Like

Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by HQDesign: 8:40am On May 24, 2020
Nonso92:
I've seen a few people complaining about losing their sense of smell lately. Could it be Corona?

REallY? shocked shocked
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by Subduer: 8:44am On May 24, 2020
ReinaPHIL:
Are you sure they have not switched on 5G tower in bonny? To
Wike should have ACCURATE info on this.
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by Taribo2503: 8:49am On May 24, 2020
This is a wrong information nothing like mysterious death, what is prevalent in bonny now is people complaining about Typhoid and malaria with symptoms of loss of taste and smell and restlessness.
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by Fortunebae(f): 8:49am On May 24, 2020
I was wondering experiencing same for close to a week, I couldn't perceive or smell anything, until yesterday I started perceiving things little by little. Then as at today, I can smell things well

1 Like

Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:57am On May 24, 2020
Reference:
Well the Governor did warn that the oil industry was without supervision and he has been criticised. It is obvious Covid 19 and Bonny bejng an iskand it is absolutely sure this virus was imported by foreign oil workers. The town of Bonny is now in danger.

You will now see those who were so vociferous in tneir criticism now silent or desperately to bend the narrative. The givernor shoukd just cut off that town from the rest if Rivers State and hand it over to the NCDC.

I am sure there will be an outbreak in the oil and gas industry there which will be desperately concealed.

Ask the Governor to test Rivers people aggressively for early treatment. Reminds me of Kaduna people blocking roads to Kano while the virus was in their State.

We need mass aggressive testing across Rivers State and it is time for the Governor to empower the Rivers State Ministry of Health.

Wike needs to make the amount donated by Private organisations public and channel the money towards acquiring medical testing labs and medicines.

Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by zedman1(m): 9:01am On May 24, 2020
Subduer:
Why are the Chinese leaders CONCEALING data?
Why did WHO give unscientific protocol that HAS caused the deaths of thousands of people?
Why did WHO order against autopsy?
Why is Bill Gates, not a Medical Doctor, insisting everyone MUST RECEIVE his Vaccines.
Why did Nigeria's National Assembly rush a Legislation, to FORCE everyone to RECEIVE VACCINES that they themselves haven't seen, or even know anything about.
Some SCAMS are in Trillions of Dollars, & well ORCHESTRATED.
I hear you bro. I've gone past the stage of engaging in unnessary arguments. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:05am On May 24, 2020
Reference:

Makinde, who doubles as Chairman of the Oyo State COVID-19, said that the food advisory was certified by Professor Olatunde Farombi, a Professor of Biochemistry and Head of Department of Biochemistry, at the University of Ibadan.

“We will issue an advisory based on the advice given by Professor Olatunde Farombi, a Professor of Biochemistry and Fellow, Nigerian Academy of Science.

This is on foods and natural products useful as preventive measures against COVID-19 and other viral illnesses. For instance, we have bitter Kola, turmeric, zinc, ginger, garlic, citrus fruits and bitter leaf -“they are all readily available in our environment.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/05/19/covid-19-why-oyo-cannot-relax-ban-on-religious-gatherings-makinde/amp/
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by newdawn2017(f): 9:12am On May 24, 2020
martineverest:
'...complains about loss of smell and taste....."...those are the main symptoms of coronavirus...that differentiate malaria from corona

.....bonny is an isolate oil island.most corona cases in rivers are oil workers. ..connect the dots

wike must be received first hand info on this
there is no oil in bonny island my dear I was I'm idu, my mother's younger sisters village where she is married to in 2007 when pipes were lain from a flow station owned by agip I think who is right at d back of their house where has flaring is run, straight to bonny island that year. Nlng is situated in bonny island there due to its proximity to d Atlantic ocean for easy shipping out. undecided
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by AmazingELixir: 9:13am On May 24, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I think we are now used to deceiving ourselves. The oil workers are the ones mostly tested, so, it is highly likely they will be the ones showing results.

Wike should stop all the drama and for ones put the lives of Rivers people first. I have never seen such behaviour.

Wike needs to release money to empower the Rivers State Ministry of Health to source mobile testing centres to carryout aggressive testing in the rural areas of Rivers State.

Lives could be saved if he acts as a leader and do the right thing. Greed and siphoning money at this time will only lead to crisis.

Prof. Princewill Chike is looking as a fool out there. The medical team of the ministry of health is lost without funds. Lots of funds.

We need mass aggressive testing in Rivers State and mobile labs will go a long way in achieving this. Praising Lockdown and road blocks as actions is just a joke. Especially in Obio-Akpor and Phalga, leaving other States to their fate.

You keep saying it is mostly the oil workers that are being tested how exactly do you know that, are you part of the medical team doing the testing or you're a member of the medical statistics team...ok I guess the NCDC confided in you that is the case..

How many states nation wide have actually procured any mobile testing laboratory except Ogun state that is still yet to be certified by NCDC more than a month after its procurement probably they don't meet specifications I wouldn't known, as we speak Ogun state still send their samples to Osun state for testing.

The ones procured by Dangote for Kano state the status is yet unknown.

Give the Rivers state government a break, they do not have stashed away monies to draw from..besides you do not know what the government got planned..All the plans by NCDC to ramp up testing this month by building new labs across the states have fallen way short of expection, why not choose them or their benefactor the federal government to criticize.
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by FanOfMyself: 9:25am On May 24, 2020
Dosinspector:
bro am in Anambra, I just treated malaria recently after I recovered just few days ago I lost my sense of taste and smell. It scary and strange. Am home and staying motivated.
Exactly the same thing with me cry cry cry I am boiling ginger and garlic for drinking
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by FanOfMyself: 9:28am On May 24, 2020
Fortunebae:
I was wondering experiencing same for close to a week, I couldn't perceive or smell anything, until yesterday I started perceiving things little by little. Then as at today, I can smell things well
Oh really! Thanks for your input. I'm starting to recover my smelling and tasting abilities small small. Very small oo.
I'm happy that you recovered fully.
What exactly is wrong with the world cry cry cry cry
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by Jelzin2412(m): 9:36am On May 24, 2020
Investnow2017:

My dear, Nigerians talking of typhoid. Do they know what typhoid fever is? It is so dangerous that if 10 have it, the chances of survival for 3 will be very slim. How they easily tag a resistance case of malaria as typhoid and call Covid-19 a scam blah blah irks me to my bone. Covid-19 has really revealed a lot about the thinkings of an average Nigerian.
To tag Covid-19 as malaria is as stupid as calling a motorbike a locomotive train. Explain from now till tomorrow some who are blindly inclined otherwise and who can even doubt their own existence will still it is scam, audio. Some Nigerians have even accused the UK of inflating their figures to, according to them, 'cash out', some even spell it 'catch out'.

Hahahahaha...This COVID-19 made me appreciate the cliché *common sense is not commom* ....I'm done trying to advise or educate people on this issue but that malaria & typhoid talk dey really off me..
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:45am On May 24, 2020
AmazingELixir:

You keep saying it is mostly the oil workers that are being tested how exactly do you know that, are you part of the medical team doing the testing or you're a member of the medical statistics team...ok I guess the NCDC confided in you that is the case..

How many states nation wide have actually procured any mobile testing laboratory except Ogun state that is still yet to be certified by NCDC more than a month after its procurement probably they don't meet specifications I wouldn't known, as we speak Ogun state still send their samples to Osun state for testing.

Give the Rivers state government a break, they do not have stashed away monies to draw from..besides you do not know what the government got planned..All the plans by NCDC to ramp up testing this month by building new labs across the states have fallen way short of expection, why not choose them or their benefactor the federal government to criticize.

That is why the Rivers State Government needs to wake up. From research, most Medical Labs across the Nation have been donated by private bodies, not NCDC. So waiting for NCDC is a joke. They are more interested in building isolation centres and taking over labs donated by private organisations.

Rivers State Government have been spending Billions of projects. Most recently, N21 Billion on Flyovers. To the best of my knowledge, Allocations have been paid twice since the lockdown started.

It is time for the Governor to channel the leftovers for allocations into provision of mobile medical labs and medicines. He needs to channel money to the Rivers State ministry of health.

If the government has made concrete actions to stem the virus, then you can talk of giving them a break. But, when nothing much is on ground (thank God for private donations, if not very little testing would have taken place) and no clear plan to fight, then there is no need to talk of giving them a break.

At least stop praising mediocre actions as Lockdown and raising alarm as the Governor taking responsible actions.

Testing, testing, testing before we praise. Until the Governor releases money to the Rivers State Ministry of Health for mass testing, keep the praises aside.

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:46am On May 24, 2020
AmazingELixir:

Wike should also make public the breakdown and sum of how much private organisations have donated for the fight against the spread of the Covid-19 virus.

And, make public the number of people tested.
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by Dosinspector(m): 9:54am On May 24, 2020
FanOfMyself:

Exactly the same thing with me cry cry cry I am boiling ginger and garlic for drinking
I am boiling lemon and ginger to drink too. I told everyone at my house to not enter my room, touch me or my belongings and they should drop my food at door and after meal I send the plates to detergent water.

1 Like

Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by nengibo: 9:57am On May 24, 2020
Chai Okoloma,wamina ama
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by obataokenwa(m): 9:59am On May 24, 2020
GreenKalada:

You think so? They also have body pains. They are now treating malaria
you saw my post about the dream I had on how someone was treated
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by nengibo: 10:01am On May 24, 2020
Joycekkh:
River state is one state I will never live in.
Amen
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by nengibo: 10:08am On May 24, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:
[s][/s]

Hahahaha

He is pained. Have you seen that I am not the only one saying this. Rivers state is cursed I am from Rivers state but I can't live in that jungle.

Bornu state is safer than Rivers state.
If only you and your Anambra can leave it will be nice, but you're waiting for old age untop the same Rivers you hate

1 Like

Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by obataokenwa(m): 10:13am On May 24, 2020
Fortunebae:
Check out my dream abt someone I saw how he was treated and the symptoms...in that dream I saw after some few days he lost taste and smell...he started having general body pains, loss of strength...then pains and fever and hotness of body crept in gradually...follow the instructions on my dream and be ahead of it
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by nengibo: 10:14am On May 24, 2020
Reference:
Well the Governor did warn that the oil industry was without supervision and he has been criticised. It is obvious Covid 19 and Bonny bejng an iskand it is absolutely sure this virus was imported by foreign oil workers. The town of Bonny is now in danger.

You will now see those who were so vociferous in tneir criticism now silent or desperately to bend the narrative. The givernor shoukd just cut off that town from the rest if Rivers State and hand it over to the NCDC.

I am sure there will be an outbreak in the oil and gas industry there which will be desperately concealed.
Bonny isn't a town it's an Lga, the solution is for a lockdown and a door to door testing since its more organized than other places in R/S n Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by obataokenwa(m): 10:15am On May 24, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Wike should also make public the breakdown and sum of how much private organisations have donated for the fight against the spread of the Covid-19 virus.

And, make public the number of people tested.
people are here with serious issue and ur hate for Wike won't allow u read and be vigilant...don't be a sacrifice
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by OKTolu: 10:16am On May 24, 2020
God abeg ooo

1 Like

Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:23am On May 24, 2020
obataokenwa:
people are here with serious issue and ur hate for Wike won't allow u read and be vigilant...don't be a sacrifice

This has nothing to do with hating Wike but taking the appropriate actions to save the lives of Rivers people.

You guys are always quick to sway sentiments, instead of standing by the right actions.

Saving lives of Rivers people is paramount. The virus is in town. No time for Business As Usual for siphoning money and wasting it on nonsense.

We need massive testing and treatment. No two ways around it. Early treatment is key.

First thing, the amount of money donated by private organisations should be made public. Dangote and the CBN did not waste time in declaring how much was donated to the Coalition Against Covid-19 (CACOVID). Why should Rivers State be different?

Good advice is not hatred but love.

Then channel funds into securing mobile labs. It is time to check mate the spread to save lives.

Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:28am On May 24, 2020
Fine Place

1 Like

Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by PortHarcourt1st: 10:29am On May 24, 2020
nengibo:

If only you and your Anambra can leave it will be nice, but you're waiting for old age untop the same Rivers you hate

I am from Rivers state. Stop spewing nonsense. Because it won't stop me from saying the bitter truth
Re: 11 Mysterious Deaths In Bonny Island, Rivers State by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:30am On May 24, 2020
nengibo:

Bonny isn't a town it's an Lga, the solution is for a lockdown and a door to door testing since its more organized than other places in R/S n Nigeria

That is like saying Port Harcourt is not a town. They are local governments but developed into towns.

From Wikipedia
Bonny - Town in Nigeria
Bonny is an island town and a Local Government Area in Rivers State in southern Nigeria, on the Bight of Bonny.

I agree with you that mass testing can go on there, since it has a small population.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Medical Practitioners In America / Nigerians React As Lady Uses Champagne To Wash Her Private Parts (VIDEO) / Man With 2 Wives Dies During Sex With Married Nursing Mother In Lagos Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.