Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary (37787 Views)

Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate / 2023: PDP Governors Kick As Atiku Plans To Retain Peter Obi As Running Mate / Fayemi: Governors To Implement Autonomy For State Assemblies, Judiciary In May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by Okoroawusa: 9:28am On May 24, 2020
Lostz:

saraki Senate passed a similar bill. buhari don't want full implementation. that is why he is going with executive order
What is the name of the bill passed by Saraki Senate?
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by Nobody: 9:31am On May 24, 2020
LibertyRep:
PMB should please add the Local Governments to the list if he can.

Any Governor who doesn't like it can resign.

Soon states will begin to form and empower anti-corruption agencies.
You people don't read at all and about 40 people are pressing likes:

the governors, who are still battling with the effect of the financial autonomy granted local governments by this same administration had hoped to stop the financial autonomy of the legislature in particular.

1 Like

Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by Okoroawusa: 9:32am On May 24, 2020
Banter1:
Sadly, those guys in the assembly ain't ready to entertain such bill.
Tell him o!!!

Like he doesn't know what has been happening
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by Nobody: 9:32am On May 24, 2020
Okoroawusa:

You know his intention, don't asked the spinner
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by adekolaelect(m): 9:34am On May 24, 2020
Buhari is for nobody and for everybody

Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by jjj444: 9:34am On May 24, 2020
Bubu Na serious man. One day he go do Wetin we like another day he go do Wetin no sweet our belle. At both instance he go come keep straight face. Make govnors go sidon, greedy lots
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by dannovidlimited: 9:35am On May 24, 2020
[quote author=Lostz post=89897132]who in his right sense even joined the judiciary and state legislature with the executive?

the duara man should send a bill to the national assembly so it will become law instead of using executive orde
It's ur cherish criminal ur hero (obasanjo and atiku)
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by Nobody: 9:38am On May 24, 2020
Okoroawusa:

https://www.proshareng.com/news/Fiscal%20Policy/Buhari-Signs-Bills-Granting-Financial-Autonomy-To-State-Assembly-And-Judiciary--Signs-3-Others/40315
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by ejimatic: 9:40am On May 24, 2020
fergie001:
Senatordave1.....we were saying this some days ago that the Govs will fight back.

In my little understanding of law, any alteration or amendment to the Constitution should have to go through the NA...as fantastic as this is, I think this Executive Order might be rightly challenged.

ejimatic ......help us here!
. Executive order is the last resort. I wonder why it is not allowed to pass thru the national assembly since it is a constitutional matter.The PDP governors may challenge this in court but the APC governors may let the sleeping dog lie by working with their president on the matter. In sum the executive order is an aberration in a federal system of government .It mist be processed speedily according to provisions we have in the law
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by Okoroawusa: 9:40am On May 24, 2020
OpTiX45:
Remove your number. Just dm the person
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by fergie001: 9:44am On May 24, 2020
ejimatic:
. Executive order is the last resort. I wonder why it is not allowed to pass thru the national assembly since it is a constitutional matter.The PDP governors may challenge this in court but the APC governors may let the sleeping dog lie by working with their president on the matter. In sum the executive order is an aberration in a federal system of government .It mist be processed speedily according to provisions we have in the law
Enigmatic ejimatic......I take my bow Sir.
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by matrixme(m): 9:45am On May 24, 2020
inasmuch as we all feel that this is a good development, it might have very negligible effect on governance of states in Nigeria. It's all about raising their price and buying them over. All these guys are singing from the same hymn book, both governors and state legislators plus the judiciary, so nothing much changes for the rest of us.
Even PMB has been using The federal judiciary to eat bread in the morning many times over in his administration...
Therefore Mr President, thanks, but no thanks.
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by ejimatic: 9:47am On May 24, 2020
fergie001:

Enigmatic ejimatic......I take my bow Sir.
. I respect you always .....Thank sir
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by barcaboi(m): 9:50am On May 24, 2020
LibertyRep:
PMB should please add the Local Governments to the list if he can.

Any Governor who doesn't like it can resign.

Soon states will begin to form and empower anti-corruption agencies.
He granted LG autonomy since last year. Google it up. This one was the second uppercut

1 Like

Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by OKTolu: 10:02am On May 24, 2020
Good one from the federal government

1 Like

Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by TUANKU(m): 10:07am On May 24, 2020
Lostz:
who in his right sense even joined the judiciary and state legislature with the executive?

the duara man should send a bill to the national assembly so it will become law instead of using executive order
The executive order is here to stay, let the thieving governors cry a river.
The president acted within his constitutional powers.

1 Like

Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by tsspsolutions: 10:08am On May 24, 2020
It seems these governors are the number one enemies of restructuring.
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by Nobody: 10:08am On May 24, 2020
TUANKU:
The executive order is here to stay, let the thieving governors cry a river. The president acted within his constitutional powers.
wait until a high court judge set it aside
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by Nobody: 10:08am On May 24, 2020
TUANKU:
The executive order is here to stay, let the thieving governors cry a river. The president acted within his constitutional powers.
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by TUANKU(m): 10:13am On May 24, 2020
Lostz:

Till then.
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:18am On May 24, 2020
It is funny that people supported demolition because of Executive Order are the ones against Autonomy because of executive order.

If Buhari got anything right, it is this one.

I hate to say this but with shame I say,

I STAND WITH BUHARI ON This.

3 Likes

Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by contigiency(m): 10:20am On May 24, 2020
Lostz:
who in his right sense even joined the judiciary and state legislature with the executive?

the duara man should send a bill to the national assembly so it will become law instead of using executive order

Read well and understand well before commenting. The law had already been passed. This executive order is to give effect to it's implementation.

2 Likes

Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by SocialJustice: 10:24am On May 24, 2020
Lostz:

It is law that was neglected, Buhari is only activating it via executive order.

2 Likes

Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by Nobody: 10:26am On May 24, 2020
SocialJustice:
It is law that was neglected, Buhari is only activating it via executive order.
do you need executive order to implement a law?
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by iokpebholo: 10:26am On May 24, 2020
Officialgarri:

State Governors always see themselves as Supreme leaders who posses power as much as the president. They want to have control over everything including the judicial system.

Well, the real supreme leader, with the power vested on him according to the constitution, has ordered that the judiciary will no longer be a puppet arm.

oh, I thought as much. Party of con men, rogues, thieves!!
And ur sense no tell u say d whole story was written in Tinubu's bedroom abi?
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by iokpebholo: 10:29am On May 24, 2020
PMB would have been d best president in Nigeria but ethnicity and religious bigotry no go allow am see road.Good one though
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by Nobody: 10:29am On May 24, 2020
contigiency:

Read well and understand well before commenting. The law had already been passed. This executive order is to give effect to it's implementation.

I may be wrong but I don't think you need executive order to implement.

buhari is simply trying to implement it partially. the executive order will allow him to determine how much autonomy.

you don't need executive order to implement a bill. the Governors know why they are fighting
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by SocialJustice: 10:29am On May 24, 2020
Lostz:

do you need executive order to implement a law?
Please read the post again, I no get power for argument.

1 Like

Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by Nobody: 10:32am On May 24, 2020
SocialJustice:

you should be the one reading or maybe just avoid my mention
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by ddippset(m): 10:34am On May 24, 2020
dadebayo1:
Greed... They want to continue controlling them while they don't want federal to control states.. Everyone should respect separation of powers and autonomy jare.... Baba tried here and he should be applauded for doing the right thing.. Guess Gambari is acting right grin
Yes Gambari acted right.

When it's a good decision made it is another person.

When it's a bad or unpopular decision it is Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by Nobody: 10:35am On May 24, 2020
SocialJustice:

Sources said some of the governors, especially those in the opposition, felt Buhari is using Executive Order to subvert the constitution with a view to caging them.
Their views on the new Executive Order are:
*It constitutes a breach of the understanding with the Presidency;
*It is illegal because only amendment to the 1999 Constitution can guarantee such autonomy;
*Executive Order does not have legislation force; and
*It is an encroachment of the laws on the disbursement of the funds in the Federation Account
A PDP governor told The Nation last night that they were ” shocked by the decision of the President to issue this Executive Order, which is more of a decree of the military era than a constitutional process.’
“The order cannot stand, we will go to court to challenge it,” he said
“Our party is not opposed to autonomy for the legislature and the judiciary but it must be a constitution review Process.
“But we have a growing pattern of sliding into dictatorship with Executive Orders. We won’t allow the subversion of the 1999 Constitution.
Re: Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary by SocialJustice: 10:36am On May 24, 2020
Lostz:

you should be the one reading or maybe just avoid my mention

The President signed the Executive Order number 10 into law based on the power vested in him as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria under Section 5 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as Amended), which extends to the execution and maintenance of the Constitution, laws made by the National Assembly (including but not limited to Section 121(3) of the 1999 Constitution (as Amended), which guarantee financial autonomy of the State Legislature and State Judiciary.

Do not quote me again, I hate interacting with ignorant and proud people.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner / 2023 Presidency Is Between Obi And Atiku - Primate Ayodele / El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.