Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,017 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs (36454 Views)

How 50 Hardened Criminals Were Converted To Police Constables In Kano / Community Policing: FG Constables Won’t Get Salary, It’s Voluntary – Police / You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by pinkpearl17(f): 7:32am On May 24, 2020
Good decision
Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Ubykcee(m): 7:32am On May 24, 2020
cheesy
Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Emeks008(m): 7:33am On May 24, 2020
Today's news is getting is hot for state Governors. from Financial Autonomy For Assemblies,
Judiciary to protecting CP's from their claw.

This week go sweet for better news.
Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Nobody: 7:33am On May 24, 2020
temptnow:
At this point, I would advise state government to stop donating funds to police, since Abuja want to be in charge full time

When insecurity begins, we'll know if it's Abuja that will feel the heat.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Trimque2k1(m): 7:34am On May 24, 2020
Crownbefitsme:

https://punchng.com/reps-strip-psc-powers-to-recruit-constables-protect-cps-from-govs/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true
Good one.
Why can't this same House and Senate come up with a good amendment for this police which can turn them to be more professional in carrying out their job.The way out police operates, most times I just see it like 80% of them are not educated but in their fields and general education...
Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Nobody: 7:34am On May 24, 2020
Reps, Police, Governors.

Too much corruption in one post
Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Nobody: 7:36am On May 24, 2020
I like the color of news I'm seeing these days. Wow
Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by lastempero: 7:37am On May 24, 2020
It seems to me that the psc is more corrupt than the police force.

1 Like

Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Nobody: 7:37am On May 24, 2020
temptnow:
At this point, I would advise state government to stop donating funds to police, since Abuja want to be in charge full time
The funds the state goverment is donating is from security vote which is already provided by the constitution
Do u think the state government are using their state allocation to fund the police force?

1 Like

Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by nairaman66(m): 7:37am On May 24, 2020
Trouble is looming! Fulani hegemony gradually perfecting their plans for RUGA..

When issues of crisis and emergency arise, police will wait for orders from Abuja that will never come and they will never act!

4 Likes

Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Ventura1: 7:38am On May 24, 2020
Resistance ke, these are reasons Sowore believe what the country need is a revolution, the citizens have to stand up against these selfish actions.
Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by fergie001: 7:39am On May 24, 2020
GreenKalada:

Yes it's very good. Especially what we seeing Rivers State

Well, there is abuse even from the FG..
I just think there should be stringent checks on them, and not stripping them of their CSO-powers entirely.

The Govs will kill this bill and I don't think if we are headed towards fiscal federalism, this is the way out.

We are instead digging into a deeper Unitary System.

For ex: If there is a bloody or political clash in my State as a Gov, I have no rights to direct the CP to go and quell it, except he gets permission from his IG. That means I should entirely strip myself off anything Security.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by megama: 7:39am On May 24, 2020
jom28gy:
Thanks police act need amendment for very long time now, what police is currently using is an old law made by colonial Masters, which has no good for the police
Not Only police ACTS. All Acts needs amendment. Simple

1 Like

Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Nobody: 7:39am On May 24, 2020
so, the federal government want to use police to control the states

this mean police will now take order from Abuja only

1 Like

Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by joyandfaith: 7:44am On May 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Nobody: 7:45am On May 24, 2020
kollinz1234:
Oh wa o, this one that today's news are all against the governors
they are after wike
Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by hmohammed(m): 7:47am On May 24, 2020
gaetano:
This is bad news actually. So the Commissioner of police will stop taking orders from the governor of the state. Let me put it like this... So Abuja will appoint an Ahmed as Commissioner and send him to Enugu, and he won't take orders from the governor on matters of security but from Abuja.

Secondly a Governors in OYO will not have a say in recruitment of security personnel of his state, so lots of non indegines from the North can be sent to his state as security personnel instead of prioritizing those that reside in oyo or are indigenes of oyo state.

The reps from the southern part of the country are big idiots. We understand that they are afraid of giving Governors so much power but this is the time to make decisions that will trigger restructuring.

Governors should stop funding police in their state since the Police won't take orders from them. They should instead equip local vigilante with that resources. Let FG take the responsibility fully.

I pray Buharis matter no go kill you someday

2 Likes

Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Nobody: 7:47am On May 24, 2020
but there should be synergy between the States and police, cooperation between the police and governor , police isn't INEC nah, this bill is unnecessary
Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Mregomuch: 7:47am On May 24, 2020
Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by joyandfaith: 7:47am On May 24, 2020
smiley
fergie001:

Well, there is abuse even from the FG..
I just think there should be stringent checks on them, and not stripping them of their CSO-powers entirely.

The Govs will kill this bill and I don't think if we are headed towards fiscal federalism, this is the way out.

We are instead digging into a deeper Unitary System.

For ex: If there is a bloody or political clash in my State as a Gov, I have no rights to direct the CP to go and quell it, except he gets permission from his IG. That means I should entirely strip myself off anything Security.
Good analysis. I am expecting new law to create both federal and state police forces. Shit

1 Like

Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Nobody: 7:48am On May 24, 2020
The power of recruitment of constable should be with the PSC.If given to the police authority they will use it to enrich themselves by extorting money from applicants.

1 Like

Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Hotzone(m): 7:49am On May 24, 2020
Good move, but in USA internal affairs regulate their police.
Till further notice PSC still promotes all ranks
Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by vision2050: 7:50am On May 24, 2020
This post remind of Mba vs Amechi saga in Rivers 2014/2015. When last did COP take order from Governor.

1 Like

Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by vision2050: 7:50am On May 24, 2020
This post remind of Mba vs Amechi saga in Rivers 2014/2015. When last did COP take order from Governor.
Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by gaetano: 7:50am On May 24, 2020
hmohammed:

I pray Buharis matter no go kill you someday

hijo de puta
Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Fragility6: 7:50am On May 24, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

When insecurity begins, we'll know if it's Abuja that will feel the heat.
Police dey secure lives bfor or were police dey wen insecurity dey increase for zamfara,katsina,kaduna n d rest. Talk sumtin else
Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by TheBigE(m): 7:51am On May 24, 2020
Coming up at a time when DECENTRALIZED SECURITY should be looked into critically?

Or have we not had enough evidence of continued failure from the center over the years?

Some call it RESTRUCTURING... I would see it as the only was forward at this time.
Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by Auto9ja(m): 7:51am On May 24, 2020
Nice point
gaetano:
This is bad news actually. So the Commissioner of police will stop taking orders from the governor of the state. Let me put it like this... So Abuja will appoint an Ahmed as Commissioner and send him to Enugu, and he won't take orders from the governor on matters of security but from Abuja.

Secondly a Governors in OYO will not have a say in recruitment of security personnel of his state, so lots of non indegines from the North can be sent to his state as security personnel instead of prioritizing those that reside in oyo or are indigenes of oyo state.

The reps from the southern part of the country are big idiots. We understand that they are afraid of giving Governors so much power but this is the time to make decisions that will trigger restructuring.

Governors should stop funding police in their state since the Police won't take orders from them. They should instead equip local vigilante with that resources. Let FG take the responsibility fully.

1 Like

Re: Reps Strip PSC Powers To Recruit Constables, Protect Cps From Govs by christian4chris: 7:52am On May 24, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jewish Worshipers Arrested At Nnamdi Kanu's Home Remanded In Prison. Photos / Titilola Adeleke Is Osun First Lady, No Confusion- Adeleke’s Spokesperson / Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.