Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? (59910 Views)

Tired Of Staying At Home Which Of These Skills Should I Go For? / How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? / Are You Jobless? Earn, Learn & Have Fun With Wordstar Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Alaganature(m): 11:42am On Jun 12, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

Try working on fiverr. If you have any ICT skill, it'll really help you. I started freelancing on fiverr and it's still helping me till date. You can make more than 500k a month if you're good

I'm jobless and I'll be glad to learn this from you

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by taretoofine(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
I had completed my Masters degree at Cranfield at the ripe old age of 32, packed my bags and returned to Nigeria with big dreams in April 2011. Every Tuesday and Thursdays, I’d walk to my estate gate to buy The Guardian looking for work. Nothing!

I threw my CV around... nothing

I volunteered to work for free ... nothing

Then on an ordinary day in April 2012, I got a call from the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on MDGs for an interview for a Senior Technical Assistant position. I attended; 3 weeks later, I was asked my salary expectation and I said I’d work for free cos this was what I’d always wanted to do. Picked up my contract offer a few weeks later—- shocking salary of 450k monthly! I was dazed and those were the good days!
Contract lasted 3 years and it was over with the change of government which I was glad about anyway because the thing when my eye see ... my mouth no fit talk! We had an annual budget more than most states of the federation.

Today, let’s just say I’m doing much better than I was back then but Not in a role that I enjoy!

you schooled in Cranfield, nice place, visited there 4 years ago..need to have little chat plz
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by mayor10(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2020
Mixed feelings everywhere but I'm not one who narrows down his options.
I finished serving in March.
Decided not to stay at my PPA cos I had an imminent offer but Corona ditched plans and I couldn't go back to my PPA, been taking online courses and internships since then .not like money is coming in but I'm adding valuable skills to myself.
Looking at helping people write projects atleast little money go dy enter.
I dey stake on 10odds to win 20k too to keep body and soul together ..still applying for jobs too.
Got another imminent offer with one of the MultiNationals .
Gained Msc admission abroad too but man has to make little money before going. All way na way except crime.
We keep pushing till we reach that height.
Life isn't a bed of roses especially when you have nobody to support you but with God on our side, we're sure gonna conquer in the end

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by petitejolie(f): 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
bayocanny:

sorry about your experience, it's difficult to find trustworthy people out there but don't give up on business. You can start a little business you can handle by yourself like POS business, trading.
Alternatively, you can venture into fashion design, fishery, poultry etc.
thanks
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by davss02(m): 12:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
Goalnaldo:
I am still jobless and there is nothing I haven't tried, believe me. Currently I'm managing my blog and hoping it will get approved for Adsense. I believe I will succeed in life. I didn't spoil someone's own.

Did someone sponsor you or what?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by emmaphy22(m): 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
Brandconsultany:

My dear brother we've all been created to be trail blazers in life. I've seen it all yet I've never contemplated suicide,I've had court cases and police arrests here and there yet I've never thought of it. Mind you all these above pains I'm talking about in the process of scouting for my daily bread as I'm into contracting. So just believe in yourself first that you can do it. Also,you need to rewire your mind to function more from the positive side which is called possibility thinking. Read through Google about the stories of some of the world's greatest and fulfilled achievers you would see that yours is nothing but a piece of cake. You can reach me on my WhatsApp handle maybe I can help you further on perfect way out : 07067528451

Thanks sir
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by smeag0l(m): 12:14pm On Jun 12, 2020
So, then give us the full story next time
elektra:

Where did I mention that I did not plan my life?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Caramelskin(f): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Kokoebapluse(m): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
Niceguyyy:

With Peugeot right?

Anyone Sir. I really want to learn that work Sir. I Will be happy if you can Help me out Sir
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by oka4mt: 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
Akemim:
Finish Secondary school at 19
NYSC at 25
Self employed and also doing my masters, would have finished this year, but COVID 19 and ASUU
Building my house now

Still looking for other stream of income now that I am home... I still stay with my parents though.

simple, planned, steady and ambitious Life.
keep it up bro.
More grace

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Franky826: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
Igolonwaanyi:

How much do you have yourself?

The truth you don't know is this- rich men can't settle for broke girls who have nothing to bring to the table.

Let's assume you're broke, are you breathtakingly beautiful? How packaged is your ManCHESTer and ASSnal.

If No to those question, you better start looking for blue eyes to charm wealthy men, or get a loan to work on your body.

Well, dayyyyyuuuuuuuummm grin grin grin
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by vicraven(m): 12:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
Guessing this thread is already dead.

Started forex immediately after grad.. although I've been into it unofficially years and year back in school and even before I entered school

Fast forward to after grad, started by trading for other people because I sure as hell didnt have capital... made my first 3 million the first month of trading for a very very wealth person. We actually shared the profits 50:50.

I currently trade for myself and for others, such as rich individuals, organisations and companies, even school... you would be surprised.

You would be surprised how much I rake up in just one month..

Lastly though... God is the key.. nothing without Him.. nothing at all

4 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Danielawrence(m): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
Really learning a lot from everyone's experience.

so for me I finished school 2019 and was mobilized for nysc 2020. currently I don't have anything doing currently but have been making enquiry about palm oil business. I want to venture into selling of palm oil. spoken with my grandpa who has a palm oil farm in ondo state to get the necessary details and my mum will be visiting him next month to help get all proper details and cost. so by January next year I will venture into it fully with the money I will save off from my nysc allowance.
Also I have plans on investing in gift packaging business.

I pray God help me through these business and make them successful.

pls if there is anyone here involved in palm oil business kindly reach out to me on whatapp. 07062283680

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Franky826: 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
AmazingELixir:
Oops!

Ok I graduated far back served and almost a year after my discharge from NYSC ...my cousin whom was then working with a multinational company one of those Schlumberger affiliates then pleaded with me to come help him write a promotion examination .I went with him and after the exams the results were announced and he came up amongst the tops..so happened that some of the guys that turned up for the examination knew me very well and raised alarm when their names weren't listed amongst the successful candidates and the test was eventually cancelled and rescheduled for another day as the slots were for host community .

I was relatively very young then, the company liaison officer appealed to me to enter for the examination on my own standing but I turned the offer down because back then my views on people that go to drilling operations on rig platform are non university graduates or dropouts, a view I still regret up until now. Most of those guys are now big boys , some international staff earning hard currency and with properties in choice areas around town.

Well fast forward, I wrote interviews in two companies I was successful in both, one is an EPC company that is into power and energy solutions and the other is a drilling/,oil servicing company, the former offered to pay me N30k as a fresher while the latter offered N55k.

In my small and naive sense then I took up the N30k offer because I needed to gain experience on core engineering which they offered as against travelling to the high sea to drill or prospect for oil

Well my experience with the company was very rewarding in terms of technical capacity building and know how but the salary was abysmal although they later increased it to N168k monthly after about 3 years but I still have my regrets.

Now I have left the company and joined another where I do N400k but the job is anything but fulfilling because I detest lazing away without proper technical challenges

In all I'm grateful for my life..I'm comfortable financially but I should be in a better place by now.

Ok bye that's my story.

Schlumberger affiliate? Let me guess MI SWACO? grin
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by LaJose78(m): 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
seedorfg:
I'm in my late twenties and am still actively jobless, in fact make it seems like illusion in my hears.

please help me, am jobless, am seeing myself useless to myself and family.

Try and learn a trade
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by AmazingELixir: 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
Franky826:

Schlumberger affiliate? Let me guess MI SWACO? grin

Naa Sedco forex...was the name then..
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Franky826: 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2020
AmazingELixir:

Naa Sedco forex...was the name then..

Oh okay. Thank you.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Enyimbamercedes: 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
taretoofine:
you schooled in Cranfield, nice place, visited there 4 years ago..need to have little chat plz

Sure thing
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by shakyum: 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

Try working on fiverr. If you have any ICT skill, it'll really help you. I started freelancing on fiverr and it's still helping me till date. You can make more than 500k a month if you're good

I have a fiverr, account, I have created two GIGS already but yet nothing to show for it, I dont know where I am getting it wrong, can please you go through my account and check where I might be wrong? waiting to hear from you
https://www.fiverr.com/creativeshakz?up_rollout=true
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Christardor: 1:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
Goddys:
My intent as the sport season is resuming is to invest 100k into sport betting.

I will divide the 100k into 10 places and stake odd of 0.1 daily which will give me 1k profit per stake.

With 100k, I will be making 10k profit daily. The chance of 0.1 odd losing is extremely low
I can give you 1.20 odds with 99% chances of winning.

That's what I do, small odds big stake.
if you're interested, reply this quote and we will connect and I'll show you my portfolio.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by TerryMcGinis(m): 1:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
Bro id love 2 go into blogging, can hlp me wit mentorshp?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Chibuchris: 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2020
Igolonwaanyi:
I've never been jobless.

Left secondary when I was 16. I spent four years at home working as a sales girl, saving for Uni, and helping my dad out with my salary sometimes.

Entered University, started side jobs while schooling. Editing people's novels for small fee. Working as a sales girl during ASUU strike and vacation.

In my third year, I got a steady job writing for a blog daily. My start pay was 25k monthly. With that I was able to pay my outstanding school fees, textbooks and final year clearance. Luckily it was during the free education period of 2013-2019.

Graduated last year. Since then, I've not had to apply for any job. Still doing that writing job (40k now) and also handling my own blog.

Hopefully by 2021 I'd have saved enough to leave Nigeria for masters.

I just love you, you know what you want your type are rear, this is the kind of lady I pray for.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by TerryMcGinis(m): 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
[quote author=Ade3131 post=90578974]

I know a few guys who got good programming jobs with certifications only without uni or poly cert. Mind you, programming is competence based and you're not going to be limited to Nigerian labour market alone provided you're very good at it and you've done some projects on your own to show for it. I have a friend in Malta who got a job from Nigeria and was flown there as an expatriate.

In addition to those certifications, you might wanna check British embassy website.they also run higher diploma courses in computer science which you can do on a part-time while you keep to you BDC job. That will give your CV a boost too.

As for where to start with programming, if your knack for AI is strong, you might wanna start up with Phyton or seek advice from gurus on IT section of Nairaland. They will direct you. In addition, I came across some websites that run free courses, though it might not be comprehensive but it's going to be a good start.

can i hit u up too pls?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by samwise180(m): 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

Please how do I earn on Fiverr?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Onyi22(f): 2:03pm On Jun 12, 2020
technoguy:

That's a scammer. You better don't fall for it.

I know the scammer in person but I won't say much. Check my previous posts under my profile
How much do you have that I will want to scammed?
Just shut up
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by JoesmartNwaSoiL(m): 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2020
toyotamuscle:
let me say the truth.i have been jobless since a yr now.and my mind is made up and strong to do blood money.i have never been this hard hearted.well if its my destiny.i ll do it.all I need now is a genuine place to do it.i cant wait to be frustrated before I take action.

Nice one bro.
try and use your mother for the ritual when you are ready OK?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by oka4mt: 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ade3131:

My dear, I read your first comment and the one I quoted, and what I make of it is that you have not come to terms with the real nature of human. Human being are naturally designed to fail and that's why we have laws here and there to cut short some of our excesses. Even God gave Moses the 10 commandments.

The cardinal rules for partnership is lengthy but one summary I have for it is that, watch the market you're being lured into before you end up as the stock in trade. Irrespective of age, gender or race, everybody is naturally conditioned to seize 'opportunity' and the meaning/interpretation of that word differs based on so many factors.

The crux here is that that experience should leave a positive mark on you and not what I'm perceiving now. It should teach you how to do it differently if presented with another chance (most probably with another person). Who says you can't champion the business on your own. Who says you can't write the proposals to those big companies that uses all the produce you listed as raw materials and strike a deal that will make the man become one of your errands or personal aides?

Just make lemonade from the shit life throws at you and trust me, it will look like it's all staged to happen like that in your favour.

Your mindset is divine. keep reaching out to people.
some people do not see light at the end of a tunnel.
God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Onyi22(f): 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
DaddyGngeess:

Hahahah, I have been seeing your comments for sometime now, make you no fall for ritualist one day ooo, all that glitters is not gold oo.
Anyway I say Amen to your prayers shall.
Lol thanks my dear,
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by TerryMcGinis(m): 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
Onyi22:
How much do you have that I will want to scammed? Just shut up
na wa o, you go get anger management issues o.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by chigo5(m): 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
dukeprince50:
My story is very annoying sha.
I left secondary school while I was 17, got admission into a private uni but couldn't continue because of the way the school treat students, there is no respect for the students. and I'm not the kind of person who fancy a secondary boarding school kinda settings and my course was not accredited in that same school, after spending few years there, I thought its not worth the stress so I left and went to a state school and studied a five year course, I was suppose to graduate last year but then because of ASUU, I graduated January this year, I decided to forget my certificate though I had a good grade but I wanted a different life that is not about certificate and then coronavirus came and time deh tick, age deh go. I was never at home Jobless but when I look back, most part of my life after secondary school was useless but whenever life gives me a reason to quit, I just can't give up, I have a feeling as long as I keep struggling to go higher, I may get to the top one day
is dat sch in enugu

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) / Parade By Boys Of Nigerian Military School Zaria Goes Viral / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.