Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,486 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head (49738 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ / COVID-19 Crisis: Ramaphosa, Johnson-sirleaf Akinwumi Adesina's Steps / Akinwumi Adesina Meets John Connors, American Who Sponsored Him In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Philistine(m): 7:11am On May 26, 2020
Justiceleague1:

Shove your epistle up your ars....,I am not Igbo.
Of course you are not igbo, u are ishan, you both have bitterness and hatred flowing in your veins.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Alex9999: 3:02pm On May 26, 2020
frog12:
hk only closed its borders. southkorea society is like chinese. they respect. if you call them chicken seller, yet they have modern cities like shanghai, and which one can you compare with in nigeria? you insult them but cannot compare your country to theirs. people steal billions in nigeria and get away. do that in china, and na gullotin be that.

I didn't insult them, my brother. I was comparing them to the West. I said the West does not have chicken seller and drivers in Africa. We are a long way from the Chinese. They have always been a big culture, just had some setback and are now back. Cool?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by frog12: 3:26pm On May 26, 2020
i was not annoyed grin grin
we are just providing opinions. i think china is catching up to the West. they want to be the centre of the world again like in history. and even the centre of all diseases cheesy

Alex9999:

I didn't insult them, my brother. I was comparing them to the West. I said the West does not have chicken seller and drivers in Africa. We are a long way from the Chinese. They have always been a big culture, just had some setback and are now back. Cool?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Alex9999: 4:54pm On May 26, 2020
frog12:
i was not annoyed grin grin
we are just providing opinions. i think china is catching up to the West. they want to be the centre of the world again like in history. and even the centre of all diseases cheesy

I agree China is catching up, as they should. I hate their template, but it seems to be working. Cheers!
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Golan007: 6:08pm On May 26, 2020
One4me:

Below is what is really making the U.S angry at the AFDB and its Nigerian President, they are just trying to use this fake corruption allegation to arm-twist the Nigerian President, to achieve their sinister objective.

First, holding that AGM in Equatorial Guinea was the handiwork of Buhari, that country contains its best Fulani population and a lot of our forex has been donated by Buhari to his Fulani brothers in that country.
Adesina was under pressure by the Nigerian President to hold the meeting there.

Secondly, America is trying to arm-twist the bank into giving it more control so that it can manipulate the financial ability of the bank to help african countries and as you know, [color=]with Donald trump, it is either my way or the Highway[/color].
he loves to bully and arm-twist Govts into submission.

Africans must be wise and not jettisson a good leader/President of their bank, based on decietful and fake allegations sponsored by America. africans must be very wary and should resist any attempt by Trumps Govt to further make them submissive and groan under the white man's influence.
America is not happy with the influence of China in Africa, it wont help yet it wont allow others to help, though the Chinese are criminals.
Enough of the bullying, Mr. Trump

Thank you.

Don't be stupid.

You don't even know the difference between Equatorial Guinea and Guinea.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by 4Play(m): 9:42am On May 27, 2020
The independent probe is happening.

The African Development Bank’s board agreed to an independent probe of its president, Akinwumi Adesina, after U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin rejected an internal investigation that cleared him of allegations of favoritism, according to two people familiar with deliberations on the matter.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-26/u-s-treasury-pressure-leads-to-new-probe-of-african-bank-chief
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by ajailer(m): 2:10pm On May 28, 2020
descartes400:

Going by your logic, can we then say that the code of conduct bureau is a criminal organisation because it won't publish the details of the asset declaration of President Buhari and his Vice? undecided

which logic are u talking about here, what I am saying is that Americans should leave us to sort out matter and not interfere. Nobody is innocent here, even Mnuchin has his own for body so why should he be claiming holier than thou on our matter??
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Mftivi: 10:45pm On May 30, 2020
timay:

They know most Africans are dumb. They couldn't find anything on him, so they resort to media, because they know his dumb people will finish the job because they like to worship white people.

Same thing they did to Libya. They couldn't get Gaddafi, they used the media against him and his dumb people fell for it. I'm sure they are. is enjoying their democracy grin
Yes oh, they are definitely enjoying America's dose of democracy now. Dum fvks!
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by omonnakoda: 4:23pm On Dec 06, 2022
Nonsoboy4life:

There is no witch-hunt here..Adesina just like Tinubu is very corrupt and must be removed
Igbos showing love since 1900
Yorubas will show Obi the same love
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by omonnakoda: 4:59pm On Dec 06, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

The most effective AfDB head ever?

What does these yorubas smoke sometimes?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by omonnakoda: 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2022
Obijulius:
This is going to end well.

When Trump or any of his appointees accuse you of corruption forget it, you are corrupt.

The AFDB was becoming a Chinese lackey and corruption can it be ruled.

Akinwunmi goofed on this one.

We move! No time for jokers!

Let the better man take the office!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obiano Packages 10kg Rice As 25 Kg For Civil Servants - Picture / "On My Way To Surrender My Arms To Okorocha In Owerri" - Man (Photos) / Babagana zullum Spotted Riding Bicycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.