Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head (49771 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ / COVID-19 Crisis: Ramaphosa, Johnson-sirleaf Akinwumi Adesina's Steps / Akinwumi Adesina Meets John Connors, American Who Sponsored Him In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by SIRTee15: 12:41pm On May 25, 2020
4Play:

You guys like using this emotion-laden conspiratorial style of argumentation. Everything is a conspiracy and allegations of facts are turned into questions of motive as Hannah Arendt would say.

Did he appoint his brother-in-law or not and did it follow due process? Same goes for the contract allegedly awarded. All I get is diatribes about French and US conspirators.

At the heart of it, the Americans (apparently, they are also part of the conspiracy) are saying that this should be investigated independently and not by the ethics committee. This is not too high a hurdle to accomplish.

All the things you say about French motives could all be true without being mutually incompatible with the claim that Adesina acted unethically. Corruption allegations are often used as a weapon to target our enemies - we see a lot of that in Nigeria. But the possibility of this does not dispel the need for a proper independent investigation, it makes it even more compelling for such an investigation to be carried out.

Look here....whats going on here is all about personal interest....
Everybody want their man in charge.....
Forget all this story about nepotism and unethical practice....
Western institution commit worse practices...
U think abacha loot ended up in foreign accounts without their connivance.....
They only use this tool and the media to demonize whoever they want out....

Adesina's only fault is failure to perfect his boardroom game....
And that may be his nemesis....
All these allegations are simply witch hunting...

When adesina resumed in 2015, the French complained he couldn't speak French....
Theyve been dragging issues with him for long...
Why should France be concerned about nepotism when the afdb is packed with French nationals....
Why don't they remove the log from their own eyes first....
France is very guilty of what they accusing adesina....

If the only thing a nation learn n copy from western nations is rule of law and bureaucratic principles...That nation is doomed forever....
They are tools used to subjugate other race to ensure they remain on top...
The only nation to escape their grip is China n we all know why....

3 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 25, 2020
If Adesina is in bed with the Chinese then he's corrupt for sure. Corruption within Chinese activities in Africa is like white on rice.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Okiibe(m): 1:07pm On May 25, 2020
gaetano:

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-05-24/u-s-treasury-urges-independent-investigation-into-afdb-head?__twitter_impression=true

This man is one of Nigeria's and Africa's shining stars at the moment.
I had wanted him to complete his great job at the Continental Dev. Bank without nthis sort of issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Alex9999: 2:00pm On May 25, 2020
Olominira:

To be honest with you, your level of international politics is extremely low. I would not be able to respond to all you wrote. Let me just correct just one big lie or lack of information there; The entire world actually wants China to drop "Developing Economy" but China do not want because they would loose a lot of trade benefits. Pls take your time and read articles on this. It's better to be properly informed before making comments on public fora

Please don't . I don't see much to gain from your plain-vanilla naivete. There's nothing to read. While their streets might look developed to an African, the country is still a middle income country -- with massive amounts of poor people, and minimal social safety nets. You read more articles. I can furnish you with them. As for international basket of currencies, Yuan is a junior member -- Euro, Yen come before it. It has to surpass those before taking aim at the dollar. Plus do you think central bankers trust the chinese closed system. They've been peddling currency swaps for years, even their neighbor India (that should be most interested) is not buying it; instead they are moving troops to the border readying for skirmishes. Africans, be careful what you with for with these chinese -- they are far more ruthless than the West. BTW, the US just sent Nigeria 1,000 ventilators; how many has China sent? I'm waiting. They are busy bribing in Kano and stealing gold in osun. They even bring drivers -- how many western drivers do you see in Nigeria. That should let you know someone is planning to move in.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by SIRTee15: 4:10pm On May 25, 2020
Alex9999:

Please don't . I don't see much to gain from your plain-vanilla naivete. There's nothing to read. While their streets might look developed to an African, the country is still a middle income country -- with massive amounts of poor people, and minimal social safety nets. You read more articles. I can furnish you with them. As for international basket of currencies, Yuan is a junior member -- Euro, Yen come before it. It has to surpass those before taking aim at the dollar. Plus do you think central bankers trust the chinese closed system. They've been peddling currency swaps for years, even their neighbor India (that should be most interested) is not buying it; instead they are moving troops to the border readying for skirmishes. Africans, be careful what you with for with these chinese -- they are far more ruthless than the West. BTW, the US just sent Nigeria 1,000 ventilators; how many has China sent? I'm waiting. They are busy bribing in Kano and stealing gold in osun. They even bring drivers -- how many western drivers do you see in Nigeria. That should let you know someone is planning to move in.

China is an advanced economy with the largest manufacturing capacity in the world....
They insist on being called developing economy because of the trading benefits....
They lead USA in many new fields of technology including supercomputers, industrial robotics and artificial intelligence....
China spends more on research and development when calculated by PPP....
China top tier cities are far ahead what any american city looks like....
Chinese govt has money, loads of it and they not afraid to spend.....while USA is broke....
America owes 23 trillion dollars in debt and they have no intention to pay back...while China has 4 trillion dollars in reserve.....
American saving grace is petrodollar.....thats the only thing keeping them from bankrupcy....

The future is the China, 21st century is chinese....
Provided they promote trade and investment, and avoid being aggressive.....
Western nations will really have to work twice as hard and be extremely disciplined to reverse the above.....

Now to africa....no nation cares about us...
They are all here to exploit us and keep us weak....

But I'll prefer we deal with china than western nations....
White people don't understand us and don't want to....
They keep insisting we embrace their system as a gateway to prosperity.....
If all u learn from western nation is democratic values n freedom....u are doomed for life.....
China learnt other things but not the above....
We should learn from China.....

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Subduer: 4:42pm On May 25, 2020
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Btw.... Our western brothers are calling it a witch-hunt...telling nigerian govt to support him. But when the US accused Allen Onyema of financial fraud & money laundering. They called him a fraudster , told him to go & prove himself in the court.

OkpaNsukka suppose to understand what NGOZI has accomplished, following Zik's vision, instead of dismantling such great legacies.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Alex9999: 4:47pm On May 25, 2020
SIRTee15:

China is an advanced economy with the largest manufacturing capacity in the world....
They insist on being called developing economy because of the trading benefits....
They lead USA in many new fields of technology including supercomputers, industrial robotics and artificial intelligence....
Chinese govt has money, loads of it and they not afraid to spend.....while USA is broke....
America owes 23 trillion dollars in debt and they have no intention to pay back...while China has 4 trillion dollars in reserve.....
American saving grace is petrodollar.....thats the only thing keeping them from bankrupcy....

Western nations will really have to work twice as hard and be extremely disciplined to reverse the above.....

Now to africa....no nation cares about us...
They are all here to exploit us and keep us weak....

White people don't understand us and don't want to....
They keep insisting we embrace their system as a gateway to prosperity.....
If all u learn from western nation is democratic values n freedom....u are doomed for life.....

I give you a lot of respect for actually going through the motion and responding (which is unusual on this site), so I'll retort carefully:

Manufacturing capacity can be replicated in the West in a short term. When westerners design products, they take it to China to manufacture on the cheap. Even the big manufacturing machines are designed in the West, plus the capital that finances those big products

True; however, a developed economy is not roads, hotel and such -- it's the quality of life of your people. China lags the entire West on this note, in percentage and numbers. Besides America, all other Western countries have cradle to grave benefits. Quality of life is the true measure

This is flat out untrue; Silicon valley is still the birth place of all that you mention above; you can refute with source. Even Germany can engage the whole of Asia on this front

Same as above, please adjust their spending by PPP and give a figure that can be contested. I will be contesting an idea by going into this.

How? Because they are new? I have been to both places; Western nations are admittedly not new, as they have built infrastructure a long time ago, but trains work and arrive on time? Looks are deceiving my brother. You should visit Berlin and fear efficiency. Of course newer things look better. Does Dubai not look better than China? Does it rank on any serious note?

This point kinda exposes your financial acumen: Now tell me, can you be broke on the money you produce? The US doesn't even have to "print" dollars; it's made on a keyboard these days. They have an advantage of being the reserve currency; until this changes, there is no broke in their vocabulary, just a delayed fear of inflation and there are tools to curtail that

Same as above, you have dollars (US-made money in your reserve). You more than the borrower have an implicit interest in the value not falling. Picture if you can make SirTee dollars as much as you want, and you lend in SirTee dollars, can't you always print SirTee dollars and pay your debt? Japan and the US have an enormous advantage on this note. Do you know how much Japan owes in Yen? You go fear your head. With the 2 most recent points, it's clear you're not a finance person. You come across as a lawyer -- knowledgeable but out of your zone

and the reserve currency status + trust in it's institution. It will take China a bit of time to develop this trust; even Asian countries don't trust them

It's not going to happen. They do not have the much needed cultural clout. Their graduates still seek a better life in the West. Until that reverses, then no chance. As an example, everybody is thriving in the West. The West includes everybody. As an example, the lead fighter of Coronavirus in Illinois is a Nigerian -- Ngozi Ejike -- the West is everybody, including Chinese and Indians. China is chinese only; you cannot win the rest of the world. That is the American template. Unless clowns like Trump reverse that, again, you cannot win everybody.

They are not aggressive? I'm sure you joke on this one. Again, as a retort, you in Nigeria or wherever can invest in the American stock market. You cannot do that in China. You can buy property in the US. You cannot do that in China. You can become an American. You cannot be come chinese. Promote trade? I'm sure you chuckle at this

There is nothing to reverse. China is not even close yet. All the West needs to do is change their manufacturing base to India and Vietnam. You keep forgetting the customer is always right

Now to africa....no nation cares about us... Agreed
They are all here to exploit us and keep us weak.... Agreed

White people don't understand us and don't want to.... Why?
They keep insisting we embrace their system as a gateway to prosperity..... The West has multiple systems so which one. You want the XiJiping system? We already have that. The daddy is always right system
If all u learn from western nation is democratic values n freedom....u are doomed for life..... How? Elaborate. I thought every man wants freedom. Xijinping has freedom; only the street folks don't. Sorta like Northern Nigeria
Learn what exactly

Please lets keep this conversation respectful. It's a conversation that Africans must engage in. It's important to our future.

I'm also open minded on this if you can convince me. I'm waiting........

2 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by frog12: 4:52pm On May 25, 2020
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by frog12: 5:02pm On May 25, 2020
france always like francophone african there. they like that

omonnakoda:

Nigeria is the biggest shareholder.

Hmm
Giving contracts to acquiantaces
Appointing relatives

That would never happen in America

France and America are not happy
https://www.theafricareport.com/26297/afdbs-latest-controversy-string-of-accusations-against-its-president-akinwumi-adesina/

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by frog12: 5:06pm On May 25, 2020
yes, his face is everywhere. we want people like him there.

nextstep:
This is bullshit. I'm not from SW but this man has so far been a shining example of good leadership.

I am more willing to believe this is a smear campaign that the US is propagating because he doesn't bend to their will, and Bubu is supporting because Adesina is not from North Central. I certainly hope he is not guilty of what he's being accused of, brought down by two men (Trump and Buhari) whose administrations are star examples of nepotism and favoritism.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Olominira(m): 5:11pm On May 25, 2020
Alex9999:

The western report on China is not accurate. What I learned about China southWest region was terrible until I had the opportunity of visiting Chengdu, Shenzhen, Hangzhou. I also visited Beijing. You See, China is way too ahead of USA in many areas. I'm talking about technology, and this was 4yrs ago. I didnt see any evidence of large scale poverty, because I was opportuned to travel by train from Shanghai to Beijing. Do not believe report of poverty in China. Shenzhen is really amazing, not too far from Hong Kong. You'd think you're in Tokyo
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Alex9999: 5:17pm On May 25, 2020
Olominira:

The western report on China is not accurate. What I learned about China southWest region was terrible until I had the opportunity of visiting Chengdu, Shenzhen, Hangzhou. I also visited Beijing. You See, China is way too ahead of USA in many areas. I'm talking about technology, and this was 4yrs ago. I didnt see any evidence of large scale poverty, because I was opportuned to travel by train from Shanghai to Beijing. Do not believe report of poverty in China. Shenzhen is really amazing, not too far from Hong Kong. You'd think you're in Tokyo

I don't have to believe the Western report on China. Again, answer this question, why are Chinese graduates flooding the West and starting families there? The West is not doing that, no? How many Western drivers do you see in Africa? How many westerners do you see selling chicken? Well being is not measured in infrastructure; it is measured in well-being and social safety nets. China is not there yet. They admit it too. Please read the South China Morning Post & Global times. China is still catching up.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by frog12: 5:24pm On May 25, 2020
Alex9999, you are good, so I will answer the question.

It's mindset. The average Chinese mindset thinks they are and always inferior to the West. because they are greedy objectives.

Alex9999:

I don't have to believe the Western report on China. Again, answer this question, why are Chinese graduates flooding the West and starting families there? The West is not doing that, no? How many Western drivers do you see in Africa? How many westerners do you see selling chicken? Well being is not measured in infrastructure; it is measured in well-being and social safety nets. China is not there yet. They admit it too. Please read the South China Morning Post & Global times. China is still catching up.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by frog12: 5:28pm On May 25, 2020
SirTee15, you are also good. the old guard see this as nepotism, so they complain. You say France has 65 senior staff there. I dont know what the foreigners are doing there, so increasing the number of africans is good. i think only france complains that adesina doesn't speak french all the time. what is their businesss? we should make a new pan-african language.

SIRTee15:

List of nigerians in afdb promoted to senior position or executive directors by adesina....
Wale Shonibare
Vincent Nmehielle
Chinelo Anohu
Chukwuma okonkwo

Now let me hear what u have to say now....
Fvcking mo.ron

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Olominira(m): 5:33pm On May 25, 2020
frog12:

It's mindset. The average Chinese mindset thinks they are and always inferior to the West. because they are greedy objectives.

Thanks for answering, however I have a chinese friend over here, they like white skin so much. She said some of her friends use cream. China is technologically advanced nation and well developed when it comes to infrastructure. In fact, US can never dream of having anything close to HALF of their rail system in 30yrs.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by frog12: 5:38pm On May 25, 2020
not so. the us sees no reason to have a high-speed train. does the cream change them from yellow to white? grin

Olominira:

Thanks for answering, however I have a chinese friend over here, they like white skin so much. She said some of her friends use cream. China is technologically advanced nation and well developed when it comes to infrastructure. In fact, US can never dream of having anything close to HALF of their rail system in 30yrs.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by frog12: 6:00pm On May 25, 2020
because of the mindset, thats why they are copying and emulating the West.

Olominira:

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Olominira(m): 6:11pm On May 25, 2020
frog12:
because of the mindset, thats why they are copying and emulating the West.

They have passed the copying phase, they're currently innovating. Take a look at Baidu, their search engine, they are leading in AI, Huawei is a leader in quality mobile phones, telecom, 5G, etc, Nio, Tesla wanna be, is making superb electric cars, same with BYD, China had supersonic missiles ahead of US, they currently have world's largest number of warships overtaking US in Dec 2019. They launched more Satellites last year than US+EU combined, they control the 4 biggest banks in the world, their apps Tiktok, wechat, etc are spreading, the list goes on
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by frog12: 6:35pm On May 25, 2020
"Regarding the TAAT initiative, a funding programme for Africa’s agricultural sector, Adesina discusses at length the payment, which the whistle-blowers consider to be suspicious, of a negotiated contract of over $5m inked with Syngenta, a Swiss seed company" :

this is from theafricareport. I'm suspicious of adesina's work with these gmo foods. he used to work with rockerfeller university /board, and they promote gmo. why does he want to use us as guinea pigs?

frog12:

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Olominira(m): 6:50pm On May 25, 2020
I pity those that think China is a small boy to the US, in fact China would stop American global dominance before end of this decade. US is fighting for survival as we speak and part of it is what brought this thread
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Olominira(m): 6:59pm On May 25, 2020
Olominira:

They have passed the copying phase, they're currently innovating. Take a look at Baidu, their search engine, they are leading in AI, Huawei is a leader in quality mobile phones, telecom, 5G, etc, Nio, Tesla wanna be, is making superb electric cars, same with BYD, China had supersonic missiles ahead of US, they currently have world's largest number of warships overtaking US in Dec 2019. They launched more Satellites last year than US+EU combined, they control the 4 biggest banks in the world, their apps Tiktok, wechat, etc are spreading, the list goes on

This list is too much, but let add, they recently launched Hengmeng or in English Harmony to battle Google Android. This is why people like us would always see Trump as a low IQ fellow. He made a terrible mistake with Huawei. Anytime Chinese phone manufacturers start using Harmony OS, it's the beginning of end of Android. All chinese phone makers are stake holders in Harmony OS
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by OFFICIAL336: 6:59pm On May 25, 2020
Yankee101:
They obviously don't like that he is doing well

Trump appointed his daughter and son in law into positions with above cabinet level powers (Kushner practically runs the government), where has Mnuchin criticized Trump for one day?

Your days are nunbered in office. If you like refuse Adesina, the most effective AFDB head ever, in November you'll all be voted out

Azzwholes.
The most effective AfDB head ever?

What does these yorubas smoke sometimes?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Bekool(m): 7:03pm On May 25, 2020
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by frog12: 7:07pm On May 25, 2020
the most popular i think. that's a testament to our long range perspectives. i dont think some of these foreign partners like that since they think nigeria can dominate everything on the continent. why infact they do the same. look world bank, only american must head it. imf only european must head it. asian development bank only japaneses must head it. i think they can not control adesina and they dont like it but our repuation for corruption taints any good we want to make.

OFFICIAL336:

The most effective AfDB head ever?

What does these yorubas smoke sometimes?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Alex9999: 8:05pm On May 25, 2020
Olominira:

This list is too much, but let add, they recently launched Hengmeng or in English Harmony to battle Google Android. This is why people like us would always see Trump as a low IQ fellow. He made a terrible mistake with Huawei. Anytime Chinese phone manufacturers start using Harmony OS, it's the beginning of end of Android. All chinese phone makers are stake holders in Harmony OS

This is wishful thinking. You keep looking at it from the African POV (infrastructure this, biggest that). You forget it's the people that matter. Until westerners start relocating to China, then China will still remain behind. You're talking phone this, bank that. As they should; they have numbers on their side. You say Baidu: when was the last time you searched on Baidu. You're typing in English; have you started learning Mandarin? It's not biggest this; biggest that to lead. It's cultural; China does not have that. China is all Chinese; the West is everybody. No one group can win everybody; let that sink. If you're clever and from the biggest jungle in Africa, you can make it in the West. You cannot say the same for China. That, my brother, is leadership. The Chinese people do not live a better life than the West. By West, I include Europe and Australia. Even when push comes to shove, Russia is West. China's real competition is India. Watch manufacturing shift to India. To lead, you must create a good life for your people first, not creating drivers and chicken sellers on other continent. Let me know when you start using Baidu.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by frog12: 9:56pm On May 25, 2020
its not leadership. just versatile system. the chinese system allowed them to handle the virus better than the west. chicken sellers you say? and what do you have in nigeria? gutter sellers? human sellers

Alex9999:

This is wishful thinking. You keep looking at it from the African POV (infrastructure this, biggest that). You forget it's the people that matter. Until westerners start relocating to China, then China will still remain behind. You're talking phone this, bank that. As they should; they have numbers on their side. You say Baidu: when was the last time you searched on Baidu. You're typing in English; have you started learning Mandarin? It's not biggest this; biggest that to lead. It's cultural; China does not have that. China is all Chinese; the West is everybody. No one group can win everybody; let that sink. If you're clever and from the biggest jungle in Africa, you can make it in the West. You cannot say the same for China. That, my brother, is leadership. The Chinese people do not live a better life than the West. By West, I include Europe and Australia. Even when push comes to shove, Russia is West. China's real competition is India. Watch manufacturing shift to India. To lead, you must create a good life for your people first, not creating drivers and chicken sellers on other continent. Let me know when you start using Baidu.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Alex9999: 11:52pm On May 25, 2020
frog12:
its not leadership. just versatile system. the chinese system allowed them to handle the virus better than the west. chicken sellers you say? and what do you have in nigeria? gutter sellers? human sellers

I agree that it's versatile (for virus only) -- but we rarely have these viruses. Also remember the South Korean & HK system handled it as well, and those are free systems. The system also lies a lot. Remember, they were muzzling doctors trying to alert the world. Is that the system we want? I say we already have that.

I don't understand the "sellers" part, but I was alluding to Chinese leaving their country to go do low-skill work elsewhere. Westerners don't do that.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Slimpotter(m): 11:57pm On May 25, 2020
omonnakoda:

They complain there are too many Nigerians . His tenure ends this year and is due for renewal.

America is saying Africans cannot manage their own affairs ?
They don't like the findings so a new investigation should take place to find as they wish?

Why must they always want to claim right in everything.
Only from them you'll hear
Iran is sponsoring terrorists
Russia is trying to attack
China is abusing human rights.
Now a committee has cleared this man, but they won't agree until they try to show they are always in charge.

I wonder how those Nigerians supporting akinwunmi adeshina because they're against our government and those supporting Trump because they can't stop respecting their slave masters in US feel.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Slimpotter(m): 12:02am On May 26, 2020
omonnakoda:

I agree but what authority does America have to call for this?

I believe this is to influence the choice of successor as he is up for renewal.

I know an IT contrac was issued to a Russian firm and also a French company ALSTOM was sanctioned.
So we must be mindful of context

It is a similar strategy to what we see with the disinformation against the Chinese with coronavirus

Just throw innuendos about.

The question is

What exactly is he alleged to have done

Just one thing exactly

Every time, only them will be the ones accusing every country of doing wrong and some of their slaves in Nigeria won't waste time in taking their side.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Slimpotter(m): 12:04am On May 26, 2020
seunmsg:

The investigation by the ethics committee was ordered by the board. Every organization has its internal process of investigating such issues. If the ethics committee of the bank find him clean, so be it. Why is the US government interested in finding him guilty at all cost?

Because they like to control the narrative of every situation. Always trying to bully their way through everything.
Same way they accuse every other nation of espionage and terrorism while they're more guilty and at the forefront of it all.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by frog12: 12:26am On May 26, 2020
hk only closed its borders. southkorea society is like chinese. they respect. if you call them chicken seller, yet they have modern cities like shanghai, and which one can you compare with in nigeria? you insult them but cannot compare your country to theirs. people steal billions in nigeria and get away. do that in china, and na gullotin be that.

Alex9999:

I agree that it's versatile (for virus only) -- but we rarely have these viruses. Also remember the South Korean & HK system handled it as well, and those are free systems. The system also lies a lot. Remember, they were muzzling doctors trying to alert the world. Is that the system we want? I say we already have that.

I don't understand the "sellers" part, but I was alluding to Chinese leaving their country to go do low-skill work elsewhere. Westerners don't do that.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by descartes400: 6:00am On May 26, 2020
ajailer:
Mnuchin is a criminal that won't allow Trump's tax return to be exposed now wants to put his dirty nose into an African affair.

No matter whether Adeshina is guilty or not, this is an African affair and outsiders are not needed for poke nosing.

Going by your logic, can we then say that the code of conduct bureau is a criminal organisation because it won't publish the details of the asset declaration of President Buhari and his Vice? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader / Tukur Mamu Arrested In Egypt / How Ribadu Was Poisoned – OBASANJO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.