Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head (49669 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ / COVID-19 Crisis: Ramaphosa, Johnson-sirleaf Akinwumi Adesina's Steps / Akinwumi Adesina Meets John Connors, American Who Sponsored Him In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Reference(m): 1:25am On May 25, 2020
Obviously taken his 'Nigerianess' there. The typical nepotistic, rent seeking, entitlement mentality. Contracts, contracts, contracts. Development by 'Julius Bergerism'....we never fail to disappoint.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Malawian(m): 1:26am On May 25, 2020
doeeyed:

It will be useful to look at the facts before joining the railcar of wrong accusations..

We are all aware that in this country, there is always two sets of facts. Your fact and my fact. There is nothing like "the fact" in this country.
So, which fact do you want us to look at here? Your fact or my fact?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by OKTolu: 1:27am On May 25, 2020
Hmmmmm all for transparency sake, I wish you well Mr adeshina
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by doeeyed: 1:29am On May 25, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

They will be the new colonial masters of Africa. They got corrupt African leaders to sellout the continent.

To that I agree

Simply trading masters

But the previous masters weren't much better, were they?

They were better at putting laws in place to legitimize, glamourize and validate their abhorrent control.

At least here, there is a little more openness, and maybe more flexibility.

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by doeeyed: 1:37am On May 25, 2020
Malawian:

We are all aware that in this country, there is always two sets of facts. Your fact and my fact. There is nothing like "the fact" in this country.
So, which fact do you want us to look at here? Your fact or my fact?

This addresses the 2 points you raised

1) appointment of relatives
2) appointment of Yoruba's

A read through the thread with links to the original investigation, someone kindly provided ....indicates that he's appointed 1 yoruba out of 4 Nigerians. At a point France had a higher than usual (65%) number of senior officials despite not being in the league of top 4 highest shareholders.

The wrong accusation of providing relatives jobs had been refuted and laid to rest.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Chekwume16(m): 1:38am On May 25, 2020
Nigerians don't see nepotism as corruption. If you award contracts to your cronies without due process then you have committed the highest form of corruption. Don't mind what buhari does here and no one cares. Adesina knows he is gone already as the US is talking from an informed position.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by omonnakoda: 2:13am On May 25, 2020
Chekwume16:
Nigerians don't see nepotism as corruption. If you award contracts to your cronies without due process then you have committed the highest form of corruption. Don't mind what buhari does here and no one cares. Adesina knows he is gone already as the US is talking from an informed position.
There is no need to insult Nigerians we complain about it all the time

The question here is what happened. ?
What happened to innocent until proven guilty.

Why not acquaint yourself with the facts of this case

Are you talking from an informed position?
Your assumption that the US is talking from an informed position is quite foolish and shows colonial mentality.

All the facts are online.
He was accused of appointing his brother in law. Not true.
The committee dismissed all the allegations as Baseless and unproven
Look for them and inform yourself

Learn how to THINK by yourself
Do you even know the allegations against him?
Do you know how much power he has to make appointments or award contracts

Inform yourself

5 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by umbroxxx(m): 2:53am On May 25, 2020
Mosesm:

You are a fool. A big one and a disgrace to Blacks. Without doubt you must be an Igbo. What a tribe!
actually you are the bigger fool for insulting the whole Igbo tribe, I don't know why tribalism is so rife in that part of the world everything is analysed from tribal prism big shame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by seguno2: 3:10am On May 25, 2020
fallout87:
No one is asking the right questions.

For one the US doesn't care for the most part about African (or foreign) interest unless they want to seize control or put their man in place.

Why is this so important to Munchin? Mind you Munchin is a man who doesn't care about middle class or poor here in the US..... talk much Africans.

Did you read where it says that America is the biggest non-African member of the bank?
Or you have problems with your eyes, even though we are in the year 2020
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by seguno2: 3:12am On May 25, 2020
seunmsg:
Rubbish. This is simply a witch-hunt and nothing else. A comprehensive investigation was already conducted and Adesina was cleared of all the allegations. The US government is simply trying to impose a stooge just to be able to control the ability of the bank to support African countries. The extract in bold clearly exposes their intention. Hopefully, African countries will unite to prevent the attempt to hijack the bank.

African countries unite with our peanuts money?
Are you serious? Or are you joking?
Maybe you are just a serious joker.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by seguno2: 3:13am On May 25, 2020
fallout87:
Also I strongly doubt Munchin wants an actual independent opinion. If anything he wants one from a source which will help whatever agenda he seeks to complete.

You should know that Adesina got there based on strong American support.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by knowledgeable: 3:14am On May 25, 2020
EsomahJD:
One of the finest man from Sw is going down.

Nepotism infected country.

Actually, one of the finest African son with one noticeable problem,......... never been critical of this present apc government of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by seguno2: 3:19am On May 25, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
The fact Nigeria is content won't pacify the Americans. They view our leaders as fantastically corrupt anyway, they just returned $311 million of Abacha loot, just a few weeks ago.

Only an investigation by a reputable independent investigator will pacify them.

And Buhari, who TALKS about fighting corruption, wanted to give $100 million of the Abacha loot to Bagudu, with whom he worked under Abacha to loot us silly.
Is Buhari and his supporters not worse than coronavirus

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Nobody: 3:23am On May 25, 2020
seguno2:

And Buhari, who TALKS about fighting corruption, wanted to give $100 million of the Abacha loot to Bagudu, with whom he worked under Abacha to loot us silly.
Is Buhari and his supporters not worse than coronavirus
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Arkmanbuddy(m): 3:41am On May 25, 2020
Obijulius:
This is going to end well.

When Trump or any of his appointees accuse you of corruption forget it, you are corrupt.

The AFDB was becoming a Chinese lackey and corruption can it be ruled.

Akinwunmi goofed on this one.

We move! No time for jokers!

Let the better man take the office!

May tribalism not kill you before your time... he's not being accused by a Trump appointee but by some unknown people, the Reserve chairman just wants to be sure he's innocent.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by john650(m): 3:44am On May 25, 2020
Adesina has infected the AFDB with Nigerian nepotism. This is why we are where we are. For Mnuchin to oppose his candidacy, he must have facts to support his claim. As the largest single non-African shareholder, it is fair to say that Adesina's appointment for a second term is doomed. The United States can influence the voting outcome of other non-African shareholders who make up the largest voting block.

Adesina should just give up and come back to Nigeria. Five years is enough.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by persius555(m): 3:52am On May 25, 2020
The US and its European stooge are at it again. They won't stop at destroying everything that is not in their favour.

Africa should be allowed to chart it's own course.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by GeneralPula: 4:43am On May 25, 2020
[s]
Justiceleague1:

Correct. Adeshina is a clean fine gentleman. We all should rally round him and protect him. This is how it should be.

But we know if it were an Igbo man,we know how you and your people would've condemned him already! We know how you people will call for him to go clear himself!

We know how you people condemned air peace boss,Onyeama, when he had a fathom allegation laid against him!

You in particular,I know how vocal you were against that Igbo official that had issues with his PhD Cotonou University program!!!!

Same thing you would have done if Adeshina was Igbo,God knows.

May God see him thru.
[/s]

Una too like to dey form victim.

Spit

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Bluntemperor: 4:53am On May 25, 2020
fallout87:
No one is asking the right questions.

For one the US doesn't care for the most part about African (or foreign) interest unless they want to seize control or put their man in place.

Why is this so important to Munchin? Mind you Munchin is a man who doesn't care about middle class or poor here in the US..... talk much Africans.

Go deeper,bro,you discovered that Trump is not comfortable,just because of many might have disagreed with him on major issues.
The same he does in USA!.
Africans should stand her ground as the President of current American is doubtful to lead the World again,even the Europeans are doubting him.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by tee4naija(m): 5:17am On May 25, 2020
I think the US is just worried by China's increasing influence on Africa's economy. They should provide the list of his relatives he appointed and prove to us if such appointments violated the bank's policy. America wants someone who will do their bidding to replace the man hence giving him a bad name.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Alex9999: 6:07am On May 25, 2020
One4me:

You are a todler with a negative I.Q, to make the bolded statement. grin grin

China is America's greatest competitior in the scramble for Africa and China is having the upper hand right now.
Seeing your level of lack of intelligence, l will be dragging myself down into the gutter, if l start debating a brainless azzlicker like you.
GTF off my bum, Ooponu.

And Yes, eventually, as it has started with the upgrading of the Yuan into the 'international basket (I know you dont know what it means though grin ), it is just a question of time before the Yuan replaces the dollar.
America knows this hence its vociferous trade fights, tariffs, illegal protectionism, etc in recent time, to try to slow down the inevitable.

Go suck it up.

"Non-azzlicker", be proud of yourself; you know what the international basket is, but do you know who fills the international basket at the moment: Western countries, mostly 5 eye nations. Are you going to force them to fill it with Yuan? Are you going to force Germany and France to fill their coffers with Yuan. The factories in China are financed by western capital. Again, go ask your teacher. You should also ask your teacher because that is beyond you. What protectionism? China will destroy Africa with dumping. Do you know a Chinese can invest in the US/Western Stock Market and not vice-versa? Again, go ask your teacher who the protectionist it. Does the Yuan even free-float? It's pegged like a 3rd world currency. Who is scrambling for Africa? Only China is; the US only pay it lip service.
As for China being a competitor to the US, the only reason illiterates like you have that idea is because you don't understand economics. Now let me school you: the UN still has China in "developing" status, why? Because they are. The per capital income and ppp is way less than that of Western countries; that is why you'd see a Chinese graduate in the West seeking opportunities and not vice-versa.
You illiterates open your mouth and talk about a scramble for Africa -- your motherland. You want a country still finding it bones to take over, because you hate the white man you want the yellow man? Shame. I would rather lick the white ass than start over on a new chinese ass.

Wake up! In the West there are always 2 opposing sides, which is good for the developing nations like us. One side would always be on our side, even if it doesn't win out. In China, there's only 1 voice. If that one voice says let's poison Africans, the answer will only be in the affirmative.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by AhoadaRivers: 6:13am On May 25, 2020
There is no clean yoruba man anywhere in Government position. They are all frauds and thieves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Olominira(m): 6:32am On May 25, 2020
doeeyed:

All... is a rather inaccurate description!

There might be an increased suspicion of their activities but as long as their goods and services are well-priced, the tag.. The world's Factory" ....isn't going away anytime soon.

'He who has/pays the piper, picks the tune'..

Whilst other countries are looming in recession for the next 18-60 months ,despite an initial dip in earnings, the Chinese can only consolidate on their position as an unethical "Shylock" of sorts.

Lending to these countries coming cap in hand for help.

I actually do not want to contribute. The earlier people realize the era of US dominance in global scheme of things is gone, the better. US would need to struggle to maintain this for the next 5yrs. However, it would continue to come back to hurt them the more. Unfortunately, they have an unintelligent racist at the top.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Finnese001: 6:38am On May 25, 2020
seunmsg:

Rubbish. This is simply a witch-hunt and nothing else. A comprehensive investigation was already conducted and Adesina was cleared of all the allegations. The US government is simply trying to impose a stooge just to be able to control the ability of the bank to support African countries. The extract in bold clearly exposes their intention. Hopefully, African countries will unite to prevent the attempt to hijack the bank.

adesina is a thief, arm robber and evil.

deal with it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Olominira(m): 6:41am On May 25, 2020
Alex9999:

"Non-azzlicker", be proud of yourself; you know what the international basket is, but do you know who fills the international basket at the moment: Western countries, mostly 5 eye nations. Are you going to force them to fill it with Yuan? Are you going to force Germany and France to fill their coffers with Yuan. The factories in China are financed by western capital. Again, go ask your teacher. You should also ask your teacher because that is beyond you. What protectionism? China will destroy Africa with dumping. Do you know a Chinese can invest in the US/Western Stock Market and not vice-versa? Again, go ask your teacher who the protectionist it. Does the Yuan even free-float? It's pegged like a 3rd world currency. Who is scrambling for Africa? Only China is; the US only pay it lip service.
As for China being a competitor to the US, the only reason illiterates like you have that idea is because you don't understand economics. Now let me school you: the UN still has China in "developing" status, why? Because they are. The per capital income and ppp is way less than that of Western countries; that is why you'd see a Chinese graduate in the West seeking opportunities and not vice-versa.
You illiterates open your mouth and talk about a scramble for Africa -- your motherland. You want a country still finding it bones to take over, because you hate the white man you want the yellow man? Shame. I would rather lick the white ass than start over on a new chinese ass.

Wake up! In the West there are always 2 opposing sides, which is good for the developing nations like us. One side would always be on our side, even if it doesn't win out. In China, there's only 1 voice. If that one voice says let's poison Africans, the answer will only be in the affirmative.

To be honest with you, your level of international politics is extremely low. I would not be able to respond to all you wrote. Let me just correct just one big lie or lack of information there; The entire world actually wants China to drop "Developing Economy" but China do not want because they would loose a lot of trade benefits. Pls take your time and read articles on this. It's better to be properly informed before making comments on public fora
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by cosef: 6:42am On May 25, 2020
seunmsg:

Nonsense and ingredients. If he were Igbo would you say the same thing?

Americans cannot indict him without having all their detail. The guy is a crook.

Deal with it!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Chekwume16(m): 6:45am On May 25, 2020
My brother siddon look. That is all I will tell you. At the end if the day the whole story will be out. Don't allow sentiments override your sense of judgement just like most people are thinking here. No need for insults and don't tell me Nigerians are complaining about nepotism because 95% of Nigerians will behave the same way buhari is behaving if the given the opportunity. We are fantastically corrupt and adesina is not an exception.
omonnakoda:

There is no need to insult Nigerians we complain about it all the time

The question here is what happened. ?
What happened to innocent until proven guilty.

Why not acquaint yourself with the facts of this case

Are you talking from an informed position?
Your assumption that the US is talking from an informed position is quite foolish and shows colonial mentality.

All the facts are online.
He was accused of appointing his brother in law. Not true.
The committee dismissed all the allegations as Baseless and unproven
Look for them and inform yourself

Learn how to THINK by yourself
Do you even know the allegations against him?
Do you know how much power he has to make appointments or award contracts

Inform yourself
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by amaridigital(m): 6:57am On May 25, 2020
easyflex:

Thank you for acknowledging that if African countries align with Adesina (which they seem to do) then he is fine.

Just like Trump has the constitutional rights to fire the Inspectors General, the people in AfDB also has the right to vote who they want.
It's not even up for a debate

Steve Mnuchin can only rant to the press.

When Trump was screaming "America First", he never knew there would be consequences.

Other countries are beginning to occupy the vaccum he left in different global institutions with his "America First" policy and he is now just throwing Tantrum all over.

Left Paris Climate accord.
Threatening to leave WHO.
Next he would threaten to leave AfDB.
Nobody Is Indispensable.

I would also advise you not to appear condescending to people on a faceless forum.

You took a jab at me calling me an "overnight American Lawyer".

What if I am one?

Decorum and respect are virtues that great people tend to have.
You might need to work on those... Cheers

Your comments shows there are still matured minds on Nairaland, not all these jambites. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Subduer: 7:04am On May 25, 2020
Buhari maybe against Adesina's 2nd term, in favour of a French speaking Fulani, just as same Buhari VOTED against Peter Onu's bid for OAU Secretary General, in favour of a Fulani from Niger Republic, who are EASILY CONTROLLED from France, than any Southern Nigerian could be controlled by whites, usually through their FREEMASONS.
France wants to control their latest SCAM, the Eco currency, into which they desire to include the whole Economy of Nigeria & Nigerians.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by fr3do(m): 7:10am On May 25, 2020
The USA should have raised this objection before internal ethics committee investigated and exonerated Adeshina.
US take a chill pill.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters / General Buhari The Tennis Star (throwback pic of Baba) / "I Stand With Buhari" Protest To Hold Alongside 2face's Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.