Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:35 AM

Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary (27185 Views)

Reno Omokri: I Am Opposed To General Buhari But Sowore Lied / El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri / 377 Wards’ Chairmen Endorse Sanwo-olu, Ambode, Others To Face Direct Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by Nobody: 8:04am On May 25, 2020
Oshiomole is after obaseki because he didn't signed the pension law for ex governor.Immediately oshiomole tenure expired he proposed a pension plan for ex governor's and other ridiculous allowances for obaseki to approve.But the governor refused so he is bent on getting back at him.
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by whizzler: 8:06am On May 25, 2020
skedman:
Oga direct primaries is still the best and that is what inec is using for the same election
Having division of people in different unit is better than having different delegate cluster together from different town in one place
Obaseki

Exactly!!! Having 6000 plus delegate gather in one place is likely to pose more danger to the spread of the virus than having less than 200 (in some units) card carrying members gather in one place and vote.
This excuse by the governor does not hold water

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by davidadenrele: 8:06am On May 25, 2020
Biofil84:
I said it this Obaseki guy is a technocrat can u imagine the weapon he is using to counter osho direct primary method, a very valid method.

Osho should rest and allow this guy finish the remains 4 years, he was also given same chance so he shouldn't deprive others of thier own privilege.

Hnmmm if this guy enta for his 2nd term in office eeeeeeh osho will need to feel a form before entering Edo state and write an exam before entering his village.

Oga pipe down!! Technocrat you say?? Unitl then your Obaseki governor will learn in the hardway let him ask Ambode who is more of a Technocrat politics is beyond being only Technocrat first you must know how carry everyone along irrespective of divergent views, Yes we can't compare Edo politics with Lagos Politics, they call it Politics because it involves intrigues, suspense and manipulation for Obaseki am sorry is already a "Goner" if am in his shoes I will preparing my last speech out office by now Oshimole brought him in and will surely take him out mark my words!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by LibertyRep: 8:07am On May 25, 2020
If Covid-19 wouldn't make direct primary fashionable, then there's no reason to have the major election since note people would be involved

7 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by Myself2(m): 8:08am On May 25, 2020
Salatavor:
He has a point. But he is just pointing at himself.

So what is your own point and where is it pointing at ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by Myself2(m): 8:11am On May 25, 2020
Brilliant from Obaseki.

Anybody who knows the two men will know that Godwin Obaseki is a well educated , civilized technocrat from a respectable family lineage, while Oshiomhole appears more like a tout, no one can actually point at any family lineage he is from, maybe that's why he appears brutish and uncivilized in his utterances and actions.
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by Yebosola(m): 8:11am On May 25, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
Having looked into it, I think the reason he gave is sound and appropriate at the moment, it would be stupid of any body to even suggest such a massive gathering all in the name of ordinary party primaries.

If not that Nigeria being what it is, ordinarily, thinking of a direct method won't work but as the powers that be want it, Obaseki is obviously on a losing side.

Obaseki is been clever by half, so there won't b gathering on real election day, since direct primary is like real election,. grin

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by chiefkpokp(m): 8:12am On May 25, 2020
AmazingMOG:
my guy shut up you bini people makes too much useless noise.

That's why you people hype your useless city, the most useless and under developed city in South south full of mud house

Making noise about your culture and king but it took the British 3 days to burn down your kingdom then exile your king to Calabar

Making noise in politics and your state has nothing to boast of better political position in the country.

Do you think politics is by noise? Please go and sleep you're a lazy youth. go and repair your old city ravage with cultism and prostitution.

Shuuu! Who b dis first class push and start mugu self?

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by whizzler: 8:13am On May 25, 2020
Fadahunsi:
Like they really care. Try direct Primaries and see yourself go down! But come to think of it, why do our politicians always use this as a vindictive tool? Ondo State is Indirect while Edo is Direct Primary model
Edo APC is already factionalized. Using a delegate list controlled by the governor's faction means disenfranchising the other faction which will lead to another round of litigation

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by anigbajumo(m): 8:15am On May 25, 2020
Fadahunsi:
Like they really care. Try direct Primaries and see yourself go down! But come to think of it, why do our politicians always use this as a vindictive tool? Ondo State is Indirect while Edo is Direct Primary model

If Ondo state is indirect,Akeredolu is on a long thing because his faction were not recognized by the party NWC except he is able to bribe those delegate with huge amount of money,I was in Akure last week discussing APC matters in ondo state with one of their grassroot member,only Alasoadura is the only notable party cheiftain behind him,most of all the party big wing has left him coz of anti party activities,he singlehandedly sponsored AA candidate against someone like borofice which is 2x senator in Ondo South and loses heavily,just imagine as sitting governor.He got away with the list of doctored delegate during the time of oyegun,I don't think he can scale through under Oshiomole. With sincerity,the man is doing well in Ondo state, atleast he doesn't owe a single month salary with few capital project but am not seeing him trumph the APC primary in Ondo state.
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by Dibodibo(m): 8:16am On May 25, 2020
This is not a valid excuse, if the governor is using covid19 as an excuse for direct primary what will now happened to the main election, will INEC conduct an indirect election during the main election too because of covid 19.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by dotedote: 8:16am On May 25, 2020
went to plead with Tinubu who is a god-father to many in the West land....To help him fight Oshiomole....

I didn't know you heard when serving them drinks

yanabasee1:
I said sometimes ago that Oshiomole will deal with Obaseki and someone quoted me to tell me how Obaseki will rubbish Oshiomole at the poll.....

Obaseki who said god-fatherism in Edo politics must be abolished went to plead with Tinubu who is a god-father to many in the West land....To help him fight Oshiomole....

I don't like Oshiomole, but Obaseki played a child's politics in today's game.....
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by WHITELIGHTER: 8:16am On May 25, 2020
martineverest:
and Lagosians will sit at the comfort of their homes doing permutations for Edo state on how Oshiomhole will trump obaseki. .I just smh

it's either obaseki or PDP... Oshiomhole is dead and buried in Edo land

Exactly my thought
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by martineverest(m): 8:22am On May 25, 2020
WHITELIGHTER:

Exactly my thought
don't mind these nairalanders.....u see that deputy governor,Shuaibu ,he will rip Oshiomhole apart

obaseki got oba's backing
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by 27Pushing30: 8:23am On May 25, 2020
Biofil84:
I said it this Obaseki guy is a technocrat can u imagine the weapon he is using to counter osho direct primary method, a very valid method.

Osho should rest and allow this guy finish the remaining 4 years, he was also given same chance so he shouldn't deprive others of thier own privilege.

Hnmmm if this guy enta for his 2nd term in office eeeeeeh osho will need to feel a form before entering Edo state and write an exam before entering his village.

So how will the main gubernatorial election be held? Lol Oga Obaseki is a goner. Just watch na

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by Enosa1(m): 8:26am On May 25, 2020
AmazingMOG:
I guess you're a cultistttttttt that's your city trade mark
Shut your trap since you have nothing reasonable to say. Ozuor.
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by Uchedeformula: 8:26am On May 25, 2020
bolaayenimo:
If PDP decides to do direct primary, can Obaseki stop them as governor because of COVID-19??

Yes, he can, as d chief security officer of Edo State.
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by Centcanada: 8:26am On May 25, 2020
All Edo Indigen and Youth are mugu.I see not reason why they will keep quiet and allow oshomole used his Godfatherism to intimidate the ruling governor. All this people are fool's.
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by ADO21212(m): 8:27am On May 25, 2020
If u know u popular them adopted direct primary

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by MoIbrahim: 8:29am On May 25, 2020
Biofil84:

Osho should rest and allow this guy finish the remaining 4 years, he was also given same chance so he shouldn't deprive others of thier own privilege.

Oshio was not given additional 4 years. He earned it. Let whatsoever desires earn it too.

Everything na COVID-19 grin
You go do indirect voting for the main election abi?

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by Monday60655(m): 8:30am On May 25, 2020
So corona virus is what APC are using now to carry out their nefarious political activities.
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by joelag: 8:32am On May 25, 2020
AmazingMOG:
You're gone man.

There is nothing you can do about it.

Kabaka sang a song for you some months back you think he was joking.

Kabaka song lyrics: "when the time is right my brother Dem no dey tele person"

Lol

Kabaka with his local lyrics.. grin grin
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by joelag: 8:34am On May 25, 2020
Centcanada:
All Edo Indigen and Youth are mugu.I see not reason why they will keep quiet and allow oshomole used his Godfatherism to intimidate the ruling governor. All this people are fool's.

Oshiomole's is an enemy to the entire good people of that state.
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by MrALIVE: 8:40am On May 25, 2020
Ingriid:
Direct or indirect primaries, Obaseki may still emerge as d flag bearer of Apc , cos it appears Oshiomole as really lay low, I hardly hear of him these days; I hope all is well with Osho baba.

I sincerely hope someday this godfather-godson brouhaha will end in our politics.
you seem out of touch with the issues on ground..oshiomhole laying low How

Was it not oshiomhole that brought the guidelines for the primaries that is making obaseki run up and down
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by FortuneDeGreat(m): 8:43am On May 25, 2020
Yebosola:

Obaseki is been clever by half, so there won't b gathering on real election day, since direct primary is like real election,. grin
It is been projected that by September which is the month of the election, the world would have come up with a solution to the pandemic.
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by golddare: 8:43am On May 25, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/edo-2020-why-im-opposed-to-direct-primary-obaseki/

Watch out for the increase in the number of covid-19 cases in Edo state. Game on.
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by jasent(m): 8:44am On May 25, 2020
yanabasee1:
I said sometimes ago that Oshiomole will deal with Obaseki and someone quoted me to tell me how Obaseki will rubbish Oshiomole at the poll.....

Obaseki who said god-fatherism in Edo politics must be abolished went to plead with Tinubu who is a god-father to many in the West land....To help him fight Oshiomole....

I don't like Oshiomole, but Obaseki played a child's politics in today's game.....
When did he visit tinubu?don't say what you don't know.
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by Successlane: 8:48am On May 25, 2020
obataokenwa:
Nothing concern us with una problem. My own is let the party have more crisis so Edo will fall to the hand of PDP like in Zamfara and Rivers State.
cool cool cool

Just that Edo PDP no dey see opportunity here to help destroy them. Wike really dealt with Amaechi

With the help if his godmother at the supreme court.
I no mention name o o
Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by EdmundDantes(m): 8:51am On May 25, 2020
All na long story of a fearful man. Is it not the same direct method that would be used in the general election?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by Nobody: 8:51am On May 25, 2020
Biofil84:

You missed it, why would inec also insist on elections in this pandemic era? If they would come out to vote during general elections, what stops them from voting during direct primary.
That's double standard.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Why I Am Opposed To Direct Primary by cydophobia(m): 8:57am On May 25, 2020
Direct or Indirect, all na free kick.

Obaseki you need to form a strong wall, Otherwise Bini go be Lagos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures From PDP Presidential Rally In Cross River / Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock / Haliru Bello Wheelchair: Eniola Akinkuotu's Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.