Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Long Distance Relationship: How To Make It Work - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Distance Relationship: How To Make It Work (570 Views)

Being In A Relationship, How Would You Respond To; It's Over Btw Us? (game Over) / Long Distance Relationship, How Secretive Are You / This Hot Lady Is Seriously In Search Of A Man For Long-distance Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Distance Relationship: How To Make It Work by oluspicy: 6:59pm On May 25, 2020
Are you in a long distance relationship (LDR), or considering entering one? I really want you to evaluate it carefully, whereas it was once argued that the vast majority of people in long distance relationship are statistically doomed to fail and eventually break up.

There are many of possible reasons to consider in a long distance relationship’s failure which are:
• Lies;
• Lack of love;
• Bitterness;
• Detachment;
• Silence;
• Jealousy;
• Deception;
• Lack of listening;
• Inexperience;
• Idealization;
• Loneliness;
• Lack of Vision;
• Monotony;
• Sadness;
• Criticism and so on.

This might be a bitter truth, but I have a feeling a lot of people out there needs to read this;
It takes a strong person to keep a long distance relationship, a strong, disciplined and sold out to person, because this ministry is not for juvenile’s mindset at all, there are just too many selfless sacrifices to be made. But before I go further I want you to know that distance isn’t a big factor in a relationship, communication is. But most of all, commitment is the most paramount one.

Let’s take a look at the following criteria of long distant relationship:

1. COMMUNICATION
For instance, you cannot be in a long distance relationship and lack the spirit of communication, unless you just want to waste your time and the precious time of your partner, valuable time that you both would have used to learn entrepreneurship skills.
Communication is essential and everything over the miles. It is the real definition of love in a long distance relationship. You must love talking by force. You must love calling. You must love sending texts.

Simply put, you’ve got to be baptized in the art of calling, texting and chatting, else the relationship cannot be sustained.

2. LISTENING
Right next to this is also the spirit of listening. And this is even the difficult part. Since you cannot see each other face to face in order to read body language and observe each other expressions, you have to be gifted in reading between the lines of every word, carefully paying rapt attention to the full stops and commas, pauses and breaks, including the ability to discern when something is bothering he or she and when in need of each other attention.

My brothers and sisters it’s a difficult job, to fully understand and relate with another person through the thin threads of a telephone.

3. PATIENT AND DISCIPLINE
More importantly, you need the anointing of patience and discipline in other for you two to pull it through.
Some nights you are going to need trust to love your partner the next day.
Some nights you are going to need self-discipline to stay faithful the next day.
Some nights you are going to need a whole lot of patience to keep starving yourself in other to stay committed the next day. I know here you understand what I mean. A whole lot of patience to say no to a harmless happy hour.

4. FINANCIAL COMMITMENT
Then, the boss of them all, you are going to need to make a lot of financial commitments. It is not a choice, this one is compulsory. Whoever said that love don’t cost a thing have no idea of what he or she is was talking about.
You have to really be a giver of these whether you like it or not;
• Your time;
• Energy;
• Mental resource;
• Prayers;
• Money, money, money, more money… And again I say, money!

The calls and text messages are not going to take care of itself, would it? You’ve got to buy airtime, and stay talking on the phone for long.
Normally you will feel no pressure when your data subscription expires, but when you have a baby (as you normally call each other), you cannot be comfortable without data for a day, because you know how much different social media platforms helps you two stay in touch. The sacrifices required in a distance relationship are not for the juveniles, you just know you cannot invest this much on something you are not ready to see through to marriage.

How about gifting? Father Christmas will not send him or her gifts for you. You have to save up to put up love surprises for your partner. Depriving yourself of your pleasures, to make sure you do what you have to do.

5. BEING CREATIVELY ROMANTIC
Did I mention how extremely creative you have to be with your romance? You know you cannot say “I love you” the same way you said it last month? In fact, you can both be calling each other and talking on the phone every day for hours and still not be communicating anything. I know you understand more of this aspect.

6. EMOTIONAL MATURITY
This is another critical aspect to consider in LDR. This is when there is an argument or a fight, and reach a lasting compromise and/or make up from both side. Is a must for partners to take responsibility for themselves and their actions in order to subsequently recognize the other person’s point of view. Remember each other individual differences in order to understand each other perfectly.
I want you to know that it is not distance that break relationship, or not distance that make partners cheat, but it is the lack of emotional maturity, commitment and discipline.

Every relationship between the opposite sex is a risk, no one knows the one that will be successful but two committed partners can share one umbrella and weather the storm together.

I want you to remember this: “Distance will always mean so little when someone mean so much.”

This is my take, you can add yours.

https://oluspicyinspires./2020/05/25/long-distance-relationship-how-to-make-it-work/

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationship: How To Make It Work by iqiq: 7:00pm On May 25, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Long Distance Relationship: How To Make It Work by DrPurple(m): 7:02pm On May 25, 2020
The only thing that can make a long distance relationship work is MONEY.
Re: Long Distance Relationship: How To Make It Work by AgroTrade: 7:02pm On May 25, 2020
Long story short, do everything possible to stay together physically.

All these points won't bring a lasting solution

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationship: How To Make It Work by PappiG(m): 7:41pm On May 25, 2020
Create and have virtual sex... Very critical .
Re: Long Distance Relationship: How To Make It Work by decatalyst(m): 7:46pm On May 25, 2020
PappiG:
Create and have virtual sex... Very critical .

Re: Long Distance Relationship: How To Make It Work by Rumor2ruth: 2:33am On May 26, 2020
[quote author=oluspicy post=89954301]Are you in a long distance relationship (LDR), or considering entering one? I really want you to evaluate it carefully, whereas it was once argued that the vast majority of people in long distance relationship are statistically doomed to fail and eventually break up.

There are many of possible reasons to consider in a long distance relationship’s failure which are:
• Lies;
• Lack of love;
• Bitterness;
• Detachment;
• Silence;
• Jealousy;
• Deception;
• Lack of listening;
• Inexperience;
• Idealization;
• Loneliness;
• Lack of Vision;
• Monotony;
• Sadness;
• Criticism and so on.

This might be a bitter truth, but I have a feeling a lot of people out there needs to read this;
It takes a strong person to keep a long distance relationship, a strong, disciplined and sold out to person, because this ministry is not for juvenile’s mindset at all, there are just too many selfless sacrifices to be made. But before I go further I want you to know that distance isn’t a big factor in a relationship, communication is. But most of all, commitment is the most paramount one.

Let’s take a look at the following criteria of long distant relationship:

1. COMMUNICATION
For instance, you cannot be in a long distance relationship and lack the spirit of communication, unless you just want to waste your time and the precious time of your partner, valuable time that you both would have used to learn entrepreneurship skills.
Communication is essential and everything over the miles. It is the real definition of love in a long distance relationship. You must love talking by force. You must love calling. You must love sending texts.

Simply put, you’ve got to be baptized in the art of calling, texting and chatting, else the relationship cannot be sustained.

2. LISTENING
Right next to this is also the spirit of listening. And this is even the difficult part. Since you cannot see each other face to face in order to read body language and observe each other expressions, you have to be gifted in reading between the lines of every word, carefully paying rapt attention to the full stops and commas, pauses and breaks, including the ability to discern when something is bothering he or she and when in need of each other attention.

My brothers and sisters it’s a difficult job, to fully understand and relate with another person through the thin threads of a telephone.

3. PATIENT AND DISCIPLINE
More importantly, you need the anointing of patience and discipline in other for you two to pull it through.
Some nights you are going to need trust to love your partner the next day.
Some nights you are going to need self-discipline to stay faithful the next day.
Some nights you are going to need a whole lot of patience to keep starving yourself in other to stay committed the next day. I know here you understand what I mean. A whole lot of patience to say no to a harmless happy hour.

4. FINANCIAL COMMITMENT
Then, the boss of them all, you are going to need to make a lot of financial commitments. It is not a choice, this one is compulsory. Whoever said that love don’t cost a thing have no idea of what he or she is was talking about.
You have to really be a giver of these whether you like it or not;
• Your time;
• Energy;
• Mental resource;
• Prayers;
• Money, money, money, more money… And again I say, money!

The calls and text messages are not going to take care of itself, would it? You’ve got to buy airtime, and stay talking on the phone for long.
Normally you will feel no pressure when your data subscription expires, but when you have a baby (as you normally call each other), you cannot be comfortable without data for a day, because you know how much different social media platforms helps you two stay in touch. The sacrifices required in a distance relationship are not for the juveniles, you just know you cannot invest this much on something you are not ready to see through to marriage.

How about gifting? Father Christmas will not send him or her gifts for you. You have to save up to put up love surprises for your partner. Depriving yourself of your pleasures, to make sure you do what you have to do.

5. BEING CREATIVELY ROMANTIC
Did I mention how extremely creative you have to be with your romance? You know you cannot say “I love you” the same way you said it last month? In fact, you can both be calling each other and talking on the phone every day for hours and still not be communicating anything. I know you understand more of this aspect.

6. EMOTIONAL MATURITY
This is another critical aspect to consider in LDR. This is when there is an argument or a fight, and reach a lasting compromise and/or make up from both side. Is a must for partners to take responsibility for themselves and their actions in order to subsequently recognize the other person’s point of view. Remember each other individual differences in order to understand each other perfectly.
I want you to know that it is not distance that break relationship, or not distance that make partners cheat, but it is the lack of emotional maturity, commitment and discipline.

Every relationship between the opposite sex is a risk, no one knows the one that will be successful but two committed partners can share one umbrella and weather the storm together.

I want you to remember this: “Distance will always mean so little when someone mean so much.”

This is my take, you can add yours.

This is nothing but TRUTH. Nice one������

(1) (Reply)

Three Ladies On A Bike / Best Foam In The Market / Is Yoruba The Greatest Tribe In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.