Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall (32965 Views)

Do I Need Juju To Blow As A Musician? / DOWNLOAD MP3 Simmy – Ubala Ft. Sun-el Musician / Skiibii Dumps 5 Star Music Record Label, To Launch His Own Label With New Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by mordred44: 12:26pm On May 26, 2020
azpekuliar:

Go siddon oga which kain yeye entitlement be dat sef

I give you my BQ make you stay for free, if you no fit buy common mattress put inside na your problem be that.

Verse wey e do with Akon na im make am come get mouth to dey ask for house for Lekki, BMW X6 (wey Paul dey drive that year) and N3m to hold body before e go sign contract.. grin cheesy

As e no gree sign con commot sebi e don overblow now cheesy
did u knw hw long mayd has been leaving wit psquare b4 his fame,...he was known as a dancer 4 d defunct brodas till dey later realise dat he has sumtin gud to offer apart 4rm dancin......so if u nw say he has been makin money 4rm collabos don 2geda wit psq join wit rick ross shows u dnt knw much abt him......indomie generation
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 26, 2020
abbiboy:

You're not different from cynthia morgan n May D.
well your list is not completed ... cos almost every artists in Nigeria once had issues with their label at some point ..even Davido had issues with Hkn owned by his blood brother before starting up his own Dmw...most of u go just dey ur room dey cook up nonsense over what u Kno nothing about...
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by Maobichek: 1:07pm On May 26, 2020
Ishaquine:
Wow, you're a nice script writer. This is not even what Peter said happened. You all making things up for us to see Peter as this bad guy. 3 peole already left the group now and you're still saying they are the ones at fault
im not making anything up cos I will have no gain in doing that, I follow both Peter and Paul on Instagram and I have listened to their interviews but if Peter had said anything different from insult on his wife Lola and what I wrote up there, please tell the whole world. I maintained that Peter was co-owner of PSquare and that PSquare didn't pay him but he shared with his brothers so anything May D said, Peter is included and Peter bringing up PSquare issue in Cynthia Morgan issue is childish. Peter should move on, he is not poor though musically Paul is ahead of him now, thank you.
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 26, 2020
myboy2111:
Paid write up

I swear
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 26, 2020
deltaprincess:

There is nothing off point here. Music is not for everybody.

If you know you can't go by the contract then look for a job and when you are 80 years and have saved enough. Then do your music.

It is not by force!!

Una like to enjoy Record label investment but don't like them to reap their investments.

Very greedy fellow!!
lol ...why are u taking this kind of personal already tho?
Well , last time I checked...labels do the approach most of the time... once they see u are doing well and would definitely go places...they come around to entice u with small piece of cake to steal your whole cake....so it's not by force too if they can't deal with the heat when trouble arise....they should leave artists alone...

Wow just checked your PP...you're too Preety to have that much badbelle embedded in your heart tho tongue
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by Shaprara: 1:29pm On May 26, 2020
Artiste are wiser now, they understand how the music business is run, thanks to technology, artiste can even bypass or most times don't need record label, hence the record label come to beg the artiste to sign with them. But it wasn't that way before and it killed a lot of careers, see the artiste under kennis music and other labels. It wasn't easy back then but people are wiser now. So I believe we will rarely have legal dispute this days
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by Mac2016(m): 1:51pm On May 26, 2020
Netmuch:
Nice illustration bro
I take that as an honor. Many thanks, bro!
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:37pm On May 26, 2020
janzguy:
I could smell anger from your write-up.. I suspect you are an artiste or maybe you don't totally understand the working of record label and entertainment in Nigeria and you are judging it from the Western perspectives. Everything the op said might not be totally true but it resonates around the current realities in Nigerian entertainment.

pls dont mistake the smell of common sense with anger... i do work with music so i have a pretty good idea when someone is getting fukced...

Entertainment is more complex and complicated here in Nigeria. Unlike in the West were radio stations pay you to play your songs, in Nigeria you actually pay radio stations for your songs to be played.

alright, Nigerian artists have to pay to get their songs on the radio, should these artists now be taken for a ride by their record labels?!?!?

The typical Nigeria artiste sees record deals as a getaway from Poverty. Least we forget record labels are bigger risks than even an average company cos artistes might be a one hit Wonder!! mind you not every talented is bound to stay too long in stardom. Secondly out of 5 artistes in a label only 1 might blow.. What happens to the other 4?? They feed and live under the labels income.

if the above was true, then nobody would open record labels left right and center.... and whether an artist blows or not is irrelevant to the issue at hand. here you are trying to make us feel sorry for the record label (while they are the one who choose their artist) AND, while we all know they make money from these artists. whether an artist blows or not is irrelevant to the issue at hand.
again: you cannot praise the record label when an artist blows, but turn around and blame the artist if the artist doesnt blow

Do you know why record labels always win?? It's because artistes are usually greedy and they don't care about what's in the contract, they only want that instant money the label has. They instantly hop on the big life, ride expensive cars, post fancy pics on social media and intimidate their old friends at the expenses of the label. They want all the big things immediately spend more more than they have generated.

EVERYBODY wants to win in the music business, dont get it twisted... if you think artists sign these record deal because they love the record label then you best wake up. this is a business venture where EVERYONE is trying to succeed. the fact that you would expect ONLY the record label to succeed is where you are failing to understand this issue.
YES, some artist want the flashy bling bling and get money advances from the label, but when the money is finally nrolling in, the record label deduct these advances from the artist cheques. so technically, nobody loses. now, if the artist took advance money and is not making any money then DONT blame the artist, blame the deluded record label who gave this "no good artist" an advance.
what you wrote would be as stupid as a bank giving a 10M loan to a jobless man, and then turning around and blaming the jobless man when he cannot repay the loan. BWAAAAAAAH!

A record label is like a normal company; you don't earn extravagantly at the expenses of the company regardless of whatever contribution you are bringing into the table. The company has to make more profit for you to live that life. Or have you ever seen a company were the workers live larger at the expense of the company? not even the CEO is allowed to do that!!!

what the hell are you talking about? there is a contract in place and the artist should get EXACTLY what the contract says it should (and no a penny more/less), same with the record label.... whether the record label is making less money than the artist (or not) is IRRELEVANT to the issue at hand!!!

tempem:
Insightful. You seem not biased.. With points from that guy and you, I really have a complete story.... I think you should create a thread. You have valid points. It can help.

sadly, this thread was probably created by one of the interns of one of these record labels... in their mind, they are not guilty of any wrongdoing whatsoever, while any smart person would easily see through their smokescreen BS. very simple questions to ask:
- how can you invest 40M and after 3 years of receiving cheques from that established artist's revenue streams, she still owes you 40M?!?
- how can a man write/produce/record songs for your label without a contract (for god knows how long), and when you finally offer him a BS contract that he refuses, you point fingers at him because you took him for shooping sprees in LV and made him sleep on the floor in your BQ while dashing him some pocket money ?!
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by Carlmax(m): 3:40pm On May 26, 2020
Xclusiveme:

Zlatan nko

He did too? Nice!
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by Ken4agent(m): 5:12pm On May 26, 2020
I intensionally went through to educate myself and not to pass any blame.
It important at all time to follow your heart but remember to carry your brain along grin
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by hedonistic: 5:14pm On May 26, 2020
azpekuliar:

Everyone has now had the benefit of listening to the 3 sides of the story (Cynthia’s, Joy’s & Jude’s) and my conclusion is that apart from being unprofessional, Cynthia is an ingrate who should not be touched with a 10 feet pole!

Not just Cynthia. This whole matter and the opinions expressed by many 'neutral' people has exposed me to how wicked, ridiculously entitled, unreasonable, and morbidly ungrateful Nigerians are by default. Your papa for village no discover your mumu talent and help you blow, na stranger risk am take chance on you and bring you to limelight, otherwise you for die for obscurity, yet you come later dey do open eye. Help these fools at your own risk and to your own eternal regret.

Personally, some people I was planning to invest in, so to say, would be incidental victims of this newfound realisation. All fucking called off. My brain dey touch like that.

2 Likes

Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by BiafranBushBoy: 7:05pm On May 26, 2020
Truthbites:

I disagree Bruh. My common sense tells me there's a way it has been worked out that the telecoms company ain't the only one who benefit. I will break it down , to watch or download a music track on YouTube is so expensive. If u watch on low quality, high quality or basic. They grab all ur MB so that u buy again. YouTube pays millions to the artists. Where do u think they get the money from, definitely from us, through adverts shown to us and downloads.(our data or WiFi) .the profit formula has been worked out by YouTube, Vevo, Google, the powers that be, etc..the end user pays directly or indirectly my dear, nothing is free

I am telling you, you can choose to argue. They only make money from Ads and sponsorships.

Go and check.

1 Like

Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by BiafranBushBoy: 7:07pm On May 26, 2020
Possiblegee:
its a lie they also make their money from streaming even all those caller tunes you guys use..the truth is that most times this record labels milk you dry they make money from your album sales,concerts,shows,endorsement deals,tours,even interviews ...the case of vector when he was with ysg they were not doing enough anymore to push the guy forward anymore bobo day use him own money pay for video shoots ,bobo see chance sign deal with another USA record label and he signed it that’s how their saga started ..I won’t lie ysg also tried for him they gave him a house ,gave him cars also they didn’t allow him do any diss track for reminisce or Olamide back then when he was having beef with them the only time he got to reply their diss track was when he got featured by other artists..at the end of the day YSG collected the cars and apartment they gave him still took him to court for breaching the contract he signed with them ...he got arrested by them first he couldn’t even perform at shows or even record anything I think for a year or two bc of the court order but thank God for him now he’s doing great and also back on his feet ..

Streaming from reputable stores like Apple, sportify, Amazon means you pay before streaming.

Part of the money goes to the Artiste, while the other goes to the platform.

But if you download for free, how will they make money from MB that you buy from MTN?

Lol.

I am telling you from experience.
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by BiafranBushBoy: 7:08pm On May 26, 2020
JessetariahMD:

My man no vex o
enlighten me o
so all this movie sites and uhmm music site
are you telling me they don't make money from downloads?
I mean the directors of the movies and the labels

It is called Piracy.

Abroad, they will arrest you if they catch the owners.

Which is why most of them will sell their rights to Netflix and you can't see it anywhere on the internet.

Or they sell to Cinemas, so you can only see Cinema dub on the internet.
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by deltaprincess(f): 8:54pm On May 26, 2020
Heistman:
lol ...why are u taking this kind of personal already tho?
Well , last time I checked...labels do the approach most of the time... once they see u are doing well and would definitely go places...they come around to entice u with small piece of cake to steal your whole cake....so it's not by force too if they can't deal with the heat when trouble arise....they should leave artists alone...

Wow just checked your PP...you're too Preety to have that much badbelle embedded in your heart tho tongue

Because my elder bro used to owns a Record Label and I am an eyewitness to all these greed from artists.
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 26, 2020
deltaprincess:

Because my elder bro used to owns a Record Label and I am an eyewitness to all these greed from artists.
Iol I thought as much,no wonder u tried to paint labels saint at all cost.....well, the truth is... everybody na thief undecided

It was nice arguing with u tho... although u almost had my head off my neck defending your brother's ppl grin
Can we do this some other time cheesy ,if u don't mind,
Off nairaland ofcause wink
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by deltaprincess(f): 9:56pm On May 26, 2020
Heistman:
Iol I thought as much,no wonder u tried to paint labels saint at all cost.....well, the truth is... everybody na thief undecided

It was nice arguing with u tho... although u almost had my head off my neck defending your brother's ppl grin

Ole cheesy
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by deltaprincess(f): 9:56pm On May 26, 2020
Heistman:

Longer throatcheesy
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 26, 2020
deltaprincess:

Longer throatcheesy
tongue
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by razible5384(m): 11:13pm On May 26, 2020
sureteeboy:

Not a kobo. The only way record labels can make any money from your a song is if you actually paid before you can download that song. If you check music platforms like iTunes, Deezer, you get to pay for those songs, regardless of the mb you're still going to spend on downloading the songs.
But if you're visiting these free websites, the only set of people making money from your downloads is the network providers you bought mb from
so how do this pirated website management this music/videos are Downloaded make their own money?
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by sureteeboy(m): 11:27pm On May 26, 2020
razible5384:
so how do this pirated website management this music/videos are Downloaded make their own money?
From ads placement. Mostly Google ads and some other ads. Most of those ads are pay per click. So, once visitors click on them they earn a certain amount from those online advertising companies. Some of them also earn via donation. You must have noticed a donate button at one site or the other.

Another means they earn is through premium subscription. For example, PSARIPS website will let you download videos from their web site without any advert if you can pay a certain amount
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by MNDY(m): 12:00am On May 27, 2020
lawyer:
I was reading online recently about how Cynthia Morgan claimed Jude Okoye scammed her while she was under his Record Label and May D led credence to her complaints about the Label not giving him his dues and generally cheating him off the good life he was supposed to enjoy as an Artiste. A lot of people immediately sympathized with these Artistes and rained Insults on Jude Okoye and every other record label out there for cheating Artistes. Many Artistes these days have made it a habit to always come on social media to blame the Record Label for stiffing them but is that really the truth? Let's delve into what goes on behind the Music Industry and explain why one Artiste is very rich and famous and the other one famous but broke.

A lot of people are very ignorant about how the Music Industry works. Free Music is everywhere you look today. Everyone can download music for free online from “notjustok.com. , tooxclusive.com etc”. You can listen to free music on any radio station you tune into all over Nigeria. You can watch free music videos on over 20 Music Channels. You can stream free video on YouTube, Spotify, Sound Cloud etc. If you like, you can go to music blog pages and download new music everywhere but the first question you should ask is “WHO IS PAYING FOR ALL THIS FREE MUSIC YOU ARE ENJOYING”? The answer is the Record Label. not the Artiste.

There is nothing like free music on radio or free music on Soundcity or free music in Nite clubs or free music on blog pages. Everything is paid for and subsidized by the Record label to push the Artiste. Do you know how much a Record Label would pay a radio station for you to actually like a song? Most of the songs you hum or sing to daily in your bathroom, cars, office, gym, classroom, kitchen, your couch and finally on your bed has been paid for heavily by the record label. When you tune into your favourite radio station, you hear a song at least 10/ 15 times a day for 1 full week. Automatically this song becomes a hit because you have reluctantly accepted the song in your head from day 1 and by day 7, it's one of your all-time favourite songs.

Do you think it’s by magic that a song from nowhere automatically becomes the flavour of the month and one of your favourite tracks of all time? No. Millions of Naira has been paid to that radio station to promote that song heavily for you to like it by the Record label. The Artiste only performed the song in the studio but the Record Label has to invest millions of Naira to make that song performed by the Artiste a hit so that it can recoup the money back and pay the Artiste from the profits and royalties obtained from promoting the song.

Without the Record Label, the Artiste is nothing. There is no difference between you singing in the bathroom for free and your favourite Artiste without the backing and funds invested in the Artiste. No Artiste alive who invests in himself without the backing of the Record Label has ever made money or profit except foolish fame and we all know fame alone does not pay the bills. The Record Label everyone loves to demonizes when an Artiste runs to Social media to rant and rave about is the only source of their fame, money and lifestyle. The best an Artiste can do is produce his own songs and sell the CDs in traffic. Goodluck to that Artiste turning into Wizkid in traffic or playing songs in beer parlours!!! grin

Coming back to May D and Cynthia Morgan. The Record Label owned by Jude Okoye gave them a contract. Everything about the survival and success of them is in that Contract. What they expected was for the Record Label to turn into their Surrogate Sugar Daddies to dash them money to buy range rovers, live in Lekki, wear exotic clothes, travel first class to every country on the planet to perform in concerts, shoot million Naira music videos in South Africa, stay in 5-star hotels, pay for their limousines, food, take care of their extended family and crew and pump millions of Naira into their account for just singing a song which they consider as a hit.

Cynthia Morgan and May D did not pay over 700 radio stations all over Nigeria to play their song. They did not pay all the Music channel VJs to play their song, they did not pay over 200 bloggers to tweet and write good reviews for their songs, they did not contribute to the cost of shooting the music video from the accommodation, plane tickets, paying video vixens, paying the music director and the crew, scouting for location and wardrobe, transportation, feeding, clubbing and shopping money for themselves, their family and crew. They did not pay for the popping of champagnes in the club to boost their image, pay Djs in Nite clubs to play artistes songs and loads of payments that Cynthia Morgan and May D did not spend a dime on to push and market the Artiste and song. The second question you should ask is “WHO IS PAYING FOR ALL THIS LIFESTYLE AND MARKETING”? Answer The Record Label.

Nobody wants to know where the money is coming from to push this glamourous lifestyle. We all want to see the Artiste driving a lovely car with beautiful women around him wearing fabulous clothes but this comes at a very heavy price. Every dime spent on the Artiste to push this song must be accounted for and recouped before Artiste is going to see a dime. The record Label is not Father Christmas and does not give a rat-ass about the Artiste. It is only interested in the profits and business part. If Record Label spends N5Million on you, it expects nothing less than N10 Million before the Artiste can start seeing some money. You don’t expect the Record Label to spend all that money on the Artiste and end up running at a loss. The Record label must recoup the money spent on Artiste from sales of Cds, concert tickets, shows, endorsements and a host of other mediums to balance their books before Artiste makes 10 kobo. If the label does not make a profit because of limited concert sales, Cds sales or poor show receipts, Label is not bound to pay Artiste a profit. Any agreement Label and Artiste has whether it's 50/50/ or 70-30 must first be offset from the initial amount Label has spent to promote the Artiste. It's not rocket science. It's not wickedness. It’s just business. That’s why it’s called show business. Why would you spend N10Million on a stranger and allow that money to disappear because you love his voice or how she looks?

That’s why the Record Label ALWAYS signs a contract with Artiste to specify all these things. 90% of musicians don’t read these contracts and if they do, they hurriedly sign it because they are already dreaming of the immediate fame coming to them and money to be advanced to them to buy a car, rent a house, shoot videos, pay for their clothes, hotels and up-keep. To them, it’s as if they have hit the lottery but unknown to them, all these money given to them is just an advance that must be deducted before they start seeing 10kobo in their account.

Have you noticed no Artiste has come out to complain about a Record Label and point to the section in the contract that the Record Label has breached? Never. They know they have no case so they come to the court of public opinion to rant to gain sympathy for their carelessness, greed, ignorance and apathy. They would never employ a music lawyer to comb over the fine details of the contract. They would never sit down to be prudent to receive small money at first to reap millions later. They want to live the Cubana high chief life now and when it goes bust, they expect the Record Label to bail them out. It would never happen.

Rather the Record Label sues them to court and ALWAYS WINS because at the end of the day the truth would always come out. If Jude Okoye was to sue Cynthia Morgan and May D, I bet my house, Jude Okoye would win over and over again because everything is in the contract which they signed. Jude Okoye owes them nothing apart from what they agreed would be the sharing formula after deducting all that was spent on them previously. The Record Label is not Sinzu Money; neither is it a Sugar daddy. It's an alternative bank. What it gives the Artiste, it takes back double. It’s just part of the business and only savvy, smart and intelligent Artistes understand this game. It's not about putting the microphone on your mouth, it's about having the brains to understand the music business.

Do you also know that a source of trouble between an artist and his label can also be insincerity of Labels in telling the artist the truthful amounts coming in for recouping the invested money?

You think the artist will be happy to find out that the Label may have recouped its money but is lying to him that it has not recouped?

Even the additional money meant to be shared after recoup can also not be truthfully delivered in its actual amounts by the label owner too.
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by MNDY(m): 12:35am On May 27, 2020
nineone:
You make very little sense and your post is very very much unbalanced and one-sided this makes it a bullshit post. No head no tail just some exaggerated nonsense.

And to respond to your nonsense, a record label should be blamed if an artist starts going down after signing them. An artist also share some blames here sometimes but most times it's the record label. If you sign an artist and do not release fund to market him/her, how can he/she sell? Now you're already concluding the record labels already done that. What if they didn't do that and that's what caused the problem?

Secondly, it's their responsibility to take good care of their artists. They must not buy them expensive gifts when the money hasn't started coming but artistes signed to your label deserve to work under comfortable and conducive conditions and atmosphere. Your post is nonsense. At least, if you want to balance the blames, you should have done that without coming out to put all blames on artistes and completely exonerating the record labels

Thank you. Do you also know that a source of trouble between an artist and his label can also be insincerity of Labels in telling the artist the truthful amounts coming in for recouping the invested money?

You think the artist will be happy to find out that the Label may have recouped its money but is lying to him that it has not been recouped?

Even the additional money meant to be shared after recoup can also not be truthfully delivered in its actual amounts by the label owner too.
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by onyeks14(m): 3:57am On May 27, 2020
Abdullmalikk300:
so what is the gains of sites.. If they are also not making money from the downloads?

Ads
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by razible5384(m): 4:37am On May 27, 2020
sureteeboy:

From ads placement. Mostly Google ads and some other ads. Most of those ads are pay per click. So, once visitors click on them they earn a certain amount from those online advertising companies. Some of them also earn via donation. You must have noticed a donate button at one site or the other.

Another means they earn is through premium subscription. For example, PSARIPS website will let you download videos from their web site without any advert if you can pay a certain amount
deeply appreciate... Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by VillageBus(m): 7:15am On May 27, 2020
BiafranBushBoy:

It is called Piracy.

Abroad, they will arrest you if they catch the owners.

Which is why most of them will sell their rights to Netflix and you can't see it anywhere on the internet.

Or they sell to Cinemas, so you can only see Cinema dub on the internet.
in Germany, if you download from torrents sites, some days later you will receive a mail of your bill, usually €100.
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by BiafranBushBoy: 10:34am On May 27, 2020
VillageBus:
in Germany, if you download from torrents sites, some days later you will receive a mail of your bill, usually €100.

Because they leaked your info...

Regardless, do they send you such bills in Nigeria?

Lol
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by abbiboy: 9:48pm On May 29, 2020
[quote author=Heistman post=89977654] well your list is not completed ... cos almost every artists in Nigeria once had issues with their label at some point ..even Davido had issues with Hkn owned by his blood brother before starting up his own Dmw...most of u go just dey ur room dey cook up nonsense over what u Kno nothing

Naivety and desperation to blow quick made them to sign slave contract,because they failed to get a professional lawyer to interpret the dotted i's and d crossed T's.so why blame record label,were they under duress when they signed their death warrant.
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by abbiboy: 9:51pm On May 29, 2020
Shaprara:

After your work interview, you get the job, do you bring in your counsel to advice you to sign the job contract or not, especially if it is your first job, you sign anyway.

In many cases, where label owners are looking to take advantage of the artiste, the write the contract, even sometimes use the same counsel for the artiste and the management. There are bad executives out there bro.

Read the Katy Perry story.

Inbtw ur lines"desperation" blinded ur judgement.So why blame record label biznes is biznes whether good or bad.
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by abbiboy: 9:52pm On May 29, 2020
JessetariahMD:

Mr man since you know all you should have been the president of USA and Prime minister of Canada at the same time

No they boldly dey display ur ignorance in public space,Sometimes resist d urge to fool ursef.
Re: Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall by PropertyBuying(f): 5:02am On Aug 21, 2020
Interesting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians / What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? / DJ Computer Love Remix Davido's Freestyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.