Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,850 members, 7,851,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:49 AM

What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (33735 Views)

Poll: Can a woman who can't cook be a good wife?

Yes: 58% (41 votes)
No: 41% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? / A Lesser Evil: A Wife Who Can't Cook Or A Wife Who Can't Manage The Home / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

if Hillary or a liberal becomes president, this might get better.

Will she order all men to spend their entire lives in the kitchen while their longsuffering wives put up their feet watching a football game?

What are the "things" that might get better or is this another example of faceless generalizations, crying wolf were there is none and struggling for non-existent rights?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by GNature(m): 1:50am On Jun 14, 2007
anabell:

@richyblack i am doin a wonderful job with my life unlike u -  in and  out- of rehab if only u could just get off the drugs i bet u could be a nice guy !lol

I think it is unfair of you to make fun of people like me that are in and out of rehab. Sometimes we find ourselves in situations that are out of our control. Rehab has helped me out a lot, I just wish people would stop making fun of those of us that are regular patrons.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 1:51am On Jun 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

i want to marry a smart liberal guy. if that clarifies my position to you.
he should be pro-feminism too.

There are smart liberal guys who are jobless/menial workers.Why did you specify lawyers/politicians?Its obvious the "kudi" has a lot to do with your stated preference.Brazen hypocrisy  grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 1:51am On Jun 14, 2007
i am cool with that mr richyblack cool wink
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by debosky(m): 1:52am On Jun 14, 2007
Wes don carry dis matter for head like government work oh grin grin

Mamaosisi hope oga loved the cooking of yesterday wink
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:52am On Jun 14, 2007
davidylan:

This is far from the truth, infact no thanks to the media today's society has become more pro-women than at any period in its history. When in history have we had the highest rate of divorce, women reserving the right to gain custody of the children, women being entitled to half their husbands property just for sitting in the house for 2 years (ala paul mcartney and heather Mills)?

society has become more pro-women but the word "feminism" now has some sort of a stigma to some people.
imagine you saying that a person who believes in equal rights of the sexes is not a feminist?
like president sirleaf will say "don't try me" they don't call her ironwoman for nothing.
so what makes a feminist then? a 6 feet muscular guy with some matchet in hand? yeah that's the picture that comes up in most people's mind now thanks to the media.

The media has not destroyed anything rather it has succeeded in producing a generation of millitant women who scream "discrimination" the moment you remind them to help you boil a cup of coffee.

you have problems with the media then, well so do I.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 1:53am On Jun 14, 2007
i am really sorri about that G NATURE i was just foolin around
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:54am On Jun 14, 2007
debosky:

Wes don carry this matter for head like government work oh grin grin

i'm bored. besides, i wouldn't mind working for the govt for free.

lmao, i'm sure mamaosisi lives to serve her hubby. whatever floats people's boats. kiss kiss kiss
I hope he pays her back with serious $$$ cash $$$ for her work.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:56am On Jun 14, 2007
GNature:

I think it is unfair of you to make fun of people like me that are in and out of rehab. Sometimes we find ourselves in situations that are out of our control. Rehab has helped me out a lot, I just wish people would stop making fun of those of us that are regular patrons.

I only hope GNature is joking, however, if you're serious, then Anabell owes you an apology grin

Apology arrives. All man is cool.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 1:58am On Jun 14, 2007
lmao, i'm sure mamaosisi lives to serve her hubby. whatever floats people's boats.    

Rich,coming from a lady who expressed a desire to get her claws on politicians and lawyers  grin Una feminism  no dey remove that innate "goldigging" quality many females possess  grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:58am On Jun 14, 2007
debosky:

WesleyanA:

lmao, i'm sure mamaosisi lives to serve her hubby. whatever floats people's boats. kiss kiss kiss

chei,wes,na me you dey yab so.
this small small sheedren no get respect again. grin

debo,I tried.
I may not be Wolfgang Puck but I do try lol
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:58am On Jun 14, 2007
Gnature, you're hilarious. grin
first you were in eight grade and it's unfair that you're the oldest man among little kids.

alright i'll give you free pity

awww poor Gnature cry cry cry kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss(
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 14, 2007
duty calls again,bye friend
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:59am On Jun 14, 2007
anabell:

i am cool with that mr richyblack cool wink

Aight, my Naija sister is cool with me. I gast to be cool with her. cool

Out of mud pit, running to take a shower and ask Baba God for forgiveness, again! All is good that ends well.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 2:00am On Jun 14, 2007
babyosisi:

chei,wes,na me you dey yab so.
this small small sheedren no get respect again. grin

no but seriously, I'll demand cash money if i cook for a husband like you do. cheesy

it's a job to be a cook.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by debosky(m): 2:01am On Jun 14, 2007
its also a job to have sex isn't it? you'll probably demand cash money to 'service' your husband grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 2:01am On Jun 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

society has become more pro-women but the word "feminism" now has some sort of a stigma to some people.
imagine you saying that a person who believes in equal rights of the sexes is not a feminist?
like president sirleaf will say "don't try me" they don't call her ironwoman for nothing.
so what makes a feminist then? a 6 feet muscular guy with some matchet in hand? yeah that's the picture that comes up in most people's mind now thanks to the media.

Convoluted logic tendering towards gibberish. I believe in equal rights for women as has been provided under the law for centuries, i am not a feminist neither where our founding fathers!

Because Sirleaf is refered to as iron lady then she must be a feminist?  grin grin grin Obasanjo was regarded as "baba", was he a feminist?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ayefele200(m): 2:02am On Jun 14, 2007
its not neccessary my wife to be a cook or know how to cook, rather i will take advantage of fast foods,

i
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 2:04am On Jun 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

you have problems with the media then, well so do I.

A man as the symbol for feminists?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 2:04am On Jun 14, 2007
ayefele200:

its not neccessary my wife to be a cook or know how to cook, rather i will take advantage of fast foods,

i

lmao. you'll take advantage of learning how to cook is what i was expecting to hear. cheesy

Because Sirleaf is refered to as iron lady then she must be a feminist? Grin Grin Grin Obasanjo was regarded as "baba", was he a feminist?

shush already. isn't that what comes up in your mind when you hear the word "feminist"? some iron lady approaching you to cut of your neck.
what has obasanjo got to do with this? lol
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 2:05am On Jun 14, 2007
RichyBlacK:

A man as the symbol for feminists?
typo
i meant to say she-guy.
females who look like males, get it?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ayefele200(m): 2:06am On Jun 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

lmao. you'll take advantage of learning how to cook is what i was expecting to hear. cheesy
well am in2 chinese food and jamaicain,
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 2:08am On Jun 14, 2007
you can get a cookbook. lol

anyways, i'm out. nice chatting with you @ richyblack.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 2:09am On Jun 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

you can get a cookbook. lol

anyways, i'm out. nice chatting with you @ richyblack.

Nice chatting with all: davidylan, I-man, WesleyanA, Anabell, and babyosisi.

Make a G cut out!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by omoge(f): 2:11am On Jun 14, 2007
lol @ ayefe
macaroni and cheese + curry chicken for dinner

jamaica meatpie and milo drink for lunch.

next week, chicken lo mein and beef fried rice or my fav (curd bean) for dinner. your man will love you  grin

it's easy.

a lil side talk pls, do anyone observe the ponmo, horse tail, goat meat etc at the jamaica store? i didn't know they eat like Nig too  cheesy
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 2:13am On Jun 14, 2007
omoge:

lol @ ayefe
macaroni and cheese + curry chicken for dinner
jamaica meatpie and milo drink for lunch.
next week, chicken lo mein and beef fried rice or my fav (curd bean) for dinner. your man will love you  grin
it's easy.
You forgot to add cardiovascular disease at the prime of your life
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:22am On Jun 14, 2007
I see that no one has answered my question.

Cant say Im surprised.

Anyway, Hello GNature. smiley
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 2:23am On Jun 14, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

I see that no one has answered my question.
Cant say I'm surprised.

What was your question?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by GNature(m): 2:24am On Jun 14, 2007
What's up T ? How bodi ?  Haven't seen you here in a while  wink
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:35am On Jun 14, 2007
It's on page 12 or something where that retard RichyBlack starts foaming at the mouth rambling some sorta incoherent rubbish.

I said how come despite the old saying for African men, "food is the way to a man's heart" they still cheat?

I mean all of you guys are crying that the breed of "new women" dont wannna cook yada yada and that's why men dont want them etc yet there are women who still are housewives and those from before "feminism" who did all that, never stopped the man from seeking another woman outside now has it?

Ironically nowadays men marry the woman who would do all his bidding yet cheats on the wife with an ajebutter type that wouldnt be caught dead in a kitchen

What's the logic behind that?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:37am On Jun 14, 2007
GNature:

What's up T ? How bodi ? Haven't seen you here in a while wink

I dey jare. Too many asinwins on Nairaland, I guess you can say Im getting bored hence the lack of my presence like before.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 2:40am On Jun 14, 2007

I said how come despite the old saying for African men,  "food is the way to a man's heart" they still cheat?

Food is not a way to a man's heart.The abscence of food does not help in finding a way to a man's heart though. grin
One can say that a married man is more likely to cheat if his wife doesn't cook for him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22)

Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" / Reasons Why Some Men Never Cheat (must read) jl / Father Of Twins Abandoned At Lagos Hospital Vows Not To Take Their Mother Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.