Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,954 members, 7,852,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:06 PM

What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (33737 Views)

Poll: Can a woman who can't cook be a good wife?

Yes: 58% (41 votes)
No: 41% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? / A Lesser Evil: A Wife Who Can't Cook Or A Wife Who Can't Manage The Home / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2007
WesleyanA:

the word "teeny booper" doesn't even apply to me. at least learn the meaning of a word before using it. old men sha. they get excited at about everything.

Where you refering to urself here when you called us misogynists and even used the word "especially" to qualify me?  grin grin grin

Just in case they didnt explain it well during english comprehension class here is what it means - hatred or strong prejudice against women

Make sure you use descriptions you are very sure about! Dont worry you should have an ethics class when you get to college.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:57pm On Jun 13, 2007
Feminist leaders? Whosai.

The first female president (potentially) of the United States, Hilary Rodham Clinton, is not a feminist. Many feminists who thought she was on their camp, were disappointed and angry at her when she did not employ their weapon of choice after Bill Clinton's philandering was exposed - divorce.

Much to their horror, she stayed with her man! Some say it's for political reasons, others say she was able to forgive him, but she said her faith saw her through (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19039626/).

Faith, something many feminazis don't understand 'cos of their ultra-left idealogy, questioning everything, including God. Even claiming most religions are misogynistic.

Make we hear word bo.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 9:57pm On Jun 13, 2007
@david,
i called you a misogynist wannabe.

learn to read thoroughly sometimes. tongue
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 13, 2007
WesleyanA:

@david,

learn to read thoroughly sometimes. tongue

This even makes less sense. How can a man who loves women be a misogynist wannabe? why would i want to hate women? grin

RichyBlacK:

Feminist leaders? Whosai.

The first female president (potentially) of the United States, Hilary Rodham Clinton, is not a feminist. Many feminists who thought she was on their camp, were disappointed and angry at her when she did not employ their weapon of choice after Bill Clinton's philandering was exposed - divorce.

Much to their horror, she stayed with her man! Some say it's for political reasons, others say she was able to forgive him, but she said her faith saw her through (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19039626/).

Faith, something many feminazis don't understand 'because of their ultra-left idealogy, questioning everything, including God. Even claiming most religions are misogynistic.

Make we hear word bo.

lol no let wesleyana hear you o, she has already said God himself is a chauvinist!  cheesy
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by proverbial: 10:08pm On Jun 13, 2007
@david,
what difference. no need for the sugar-coating. the misogynist part is what you wanted to pass across.
a want to be woman hater.
a woman hater want to be.

I wouldn't mind some clarification.

&

1. Belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.
how exactly does this affect my support for women rights? as opposed to gender equality?
remember, I'm not a feminist. I still see nothing wrong in saying I support non-discriminatory economic treatment of the sexes.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 10:10pm On Jun 13, 2007
davidylan:

Learn to reason appropriately too. How can a man who loves women be a misogynist wannabe? Does it make sense? grin grin why would i want to hate women?

lol no let wesleyana hear you o, she has already said God himself is a chauvinist! cheesy

you love women as subordinates. this isn't the first male/ female argument we've been involved in.

anyways, Hillary is def. a feminist in my dictionary.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 10:11pm On Jun 13, 2007
A misogynist wannabe is effectively one who wants to be a person that hates women.If that makes sense to you,you are probably a teeny bopper  grin  grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 10:12pm On Jun 13, 2007
proverbial:

the misogynist part is what you wanted to pass across.

how would you know?
let david speak for himself. i know you guys are in a brotherhood but please.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by proverbial: 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2007
how would you know?
let david speak for himself. i know you guys are in a brotherhood but please.
Wesley, it's not about being in a said brotherhood.
I offered you an analysis of what you might be implying by saying misogynist wannabe, it rests on your shoulders to disprove/nullify that analysis.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 10:16pm On Jun 13, 2007
I-man:

A misogynist wannabe is effectively one who wants to be a person that hates women.If that makes sense to you,you are probably a teeny bopper grin grin

it doesn't make sense to me.

a wannabe is a copycat or imitator/ a fake.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by proverbial: 10:19pm On Jun 13, 2007
you love women as subordinates. this isn't the first male/ female argument we've been involved in.

A whole Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, what does she know about herself, she must abide by wesley's "feminism 101"
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 10:20pm On Jun 13, 2007
so, mr smartass, you think she's going to say no if you ask her if she was a feminist?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 10:24pm On Jun 13, 2007
adj.
Wishing or aspiring to be; would-be.

n.
1. One who aspires to a role or position.
2. One who imitates the behavior, customs, or dress of an admired person or group.

Ok,taking the 2nd meaning,he is imitating mysoginistic behaviour. He could be imitating mysoginists undecided Still requires a teeny bopper mentality for "mysoginist wannabe" to make real sense grin.Lucidity eludes the teeny bopper's mind  grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by proverbial: 10:28pm On Jun 13, 2007
smartass? ad-hominems are not cool dear.

RichyBlack already shed some light by the way(read the following emphasis once again on bolded text)

Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 10:32pm On Jun 13, 2007
that's a compliment to be called a smartass.
smartguy then?
lol

and you refuse to see the fallacy in this statement?
she is not a feminist because she decided not to divorce her husband? lol

since when did divorcing your husband become a criterion for being a feminist.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 13, 2007
WesleyanA:

it doesn't make sense to me.

a wannabe is a copycat or imitator/ a fake.

It's no use trying to justify standing reason on its head.  grin grin How can a man try to be a copy cat hater of women? It is either you hate women or you dont! Stop struggling to sound smarter than your 17 yr old mind.  cheesy

WesleyanA:

Another attempt to justify your own hare-brained ideas by forcing words into my mouth? Do you ever stop to think over what you post? Where did i CATEGORICALLY claim to love women as subordinates?

WesleyanA:

What is your criteria for her being a feminist? That she is aspiring to be president? When did we start judging adults from the dictionary of children?  grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by proverbial: 10:39pm On Jun 13, 2007
Many feminists who thought she was on their camp, were disappointed and angry at her when she did not employ their weapon of choice after Bill Clinton's philandering was exposed - divorce.
you posed a good question ann
ask your fellows for the answer.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 10:42pm On Jun 13, 2007
you're still a wannabe in my dictionary. always a wannabe
you didn't claim it. it shows through your posts.

if hillary didn't believe in political equality of males and females, i don't think she would pursue a political career. she running on the democratic party ticket so this even makes it better.

my dictionary = my opinion, in case you didn't get that expression.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 13, 2007
WesleyanA:

you're still a wannabe in my dictionary. always a wannabe
you didn't claim it. it shows through your posts.
I wont comment further on this attempt to murder english comprehension. First you claim i love women as subordinates yet i'm only a "misogynist wannabe"? College is round the corner, take a minor in english comprehension.

WesleyanA:

if hillary didn't believe in political equality of males and females, i don't think she would pursue a political career. she running on the democratic party ticket so this even makes it better.

my dictionary = my opinion, in case you didn't get that expression.

This is hogwash! So the vast majority of women not pursuing political careers do not believe in political equality of males and females?

1. What is political equality?

2. Is there a constitutional provision that bars women from political office?

Based on the above, it appears your oppinion is not balanced.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 10:47pm On Jun 13, 2007
Many feminists who thought she was on their camp, were disappointed and angry at her when she did not employ their weapon of choice after Bill Clinton's philandering was exposed - divorce.

you posed a good question ann
ask your fellows for the answer.

first off, my name isn't ann. (it's wesleyan +A)

second of all, ask richyblack to post the source of his statement.
you guys don't even know the definition of /or what makes a feminist, talkless of speaking for them.

that statement was made-up by an anti-feminist. imo. who has no clue about feminism except what the media feeds him/her
and i think richyblack made it up unless he provides a source.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by proverbial: 10:48pm On Jun 13, 2007
if hillary didn't believe in political equality of males and females, i don't think she would pursue a political career.
Thank God for your statement being an opinion(you said you don't think), otherwise it would be fallacious.
Perhaps gender equity doesn't dominate her mind as it does yours? Perhaps she sees it as just another 'senator' running for office, she just happens to be a woman, and feminists feel the need to capitalize on this huuge, eye-popping, never before seen, shocker. shocked (yeah right)
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2007
Ok teeny bopper,let me treat you like an adult.a bit bored anyway  grin Lets do some sparring

You fail to see the overwhelming sense of irony in claiming that Hillary is a feminist.She is the antithesis of what a feminist is supposed to represent.Publicy humiliated repeatedly by her husband's philandering behaviour,she is hardly the poster child for feminism.

In the context of this thread,given that many women interpret feminism as entailing that a woman mustn't cook or learn how to cook in a marriage.It beats my imagination,why one regards as feminist,a woman repeatedly cheated by her husband to the whole world's knowledge.What's more degrading to a woman?A man who wants her to cook/learn how to or one who repeatedly cheats on her.Take your pick

PS:I bet you Hillary cooks for Slick Willy  grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 10:54pm On Jun 13, 2007
proverbial:

Thank God for your statement being an opinion(you said you don't think), otherwise it would be fallacious.
Perhaps gender equity doesn't dominate her mind as it does yours? Perhaps she sees it as just another 'senator' running for office, she just happens to be a woman, and feminists feel the need to capitalize on this huuge, eye-popping, never before seen, shocker. shocked (yeah right)

no she didn't "just happen to be a woman."
if this was the case, women wouldn't be a minority in govt.

those who get involved know about the discrimination and difficulty of being a female in those positions. they do it because they know that they can and they aren't scared.
to me, they are feminists.

So the vast majority of women not pursuing political careers do not believe in political equality of males and females?

many female professionals are also feminists. many female housewives, mothers, wives are also feminists.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 10:54pm On Jun 13, 2007
I-man:

PS:I bet you Hillary cooks for Slick Willy grin

i bet you they have a cook who takes care of that.

She is the antithesis of what a feminist is supposed to represent.Publicy humiliated repeatedly by her husband's philandering behaviour,she is hardly the poster child for feminism.

this means that you do not know what a feminist represent.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 10:59pm On Jun 13, 2007
this means that you do not know what a feminist represent.
So the fact that her hubby was a World renowned philanderer does not detract from her supposed feminism? If it doesn't ,having a hubby that demands that you cook or learn how to cook shouldn't so detract .
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by kulaShaker(f): 11:00pm On Jun 13, 2007
Wesleyana
just want to say you right about feminism smiley

it is interesting to see how even the young generation are taking on thesame roles as their fathers in relations to women and our roles. Orr is it just a display of male bravado Interesting discussion.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 13, 2007
WesleyanA:

no she didn't "just happen to be a woman."
if this was the case, women wouldn't be a minority in govt.
The first question to ask would be WHY do you think women are a minority in government? Is this due to gender inequality or merely a result of traditional gender roles?
Forget about Hillary for a second, the Liberian president is female, Benazir Bhutto was president of Pakistan where Islam holds sway!!! Are these feminists?

WesleyanA:

those who get involved know about the discrimination and difficulty of being a female in those positions. they do it because they know that they can and they aren't scared.
to me, they are feminists.
This is the problem. Overgeneralization and in some situations outright lies. What are the discriminations that females face in politics? It would serve your position well to buttress your verbose claims with concrete facts rather than faceless generalizations.
A feminist is a woman who aspires to be president because she wasnt scared?

WesleyanA:

many female professionals are also feminists. many female housewives, mothers, wives are also feminists.

Hogwash!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 11:12pm On Jun 13, 2007
I-man:

So the fact that her hubby was a World renowned philanderer does not detract from her supposed feminism? If it doesn't ,having a hubby that demands that you cook or learn how to cook shouldn't so detract .

bill clinton is not a "World renowned philanderer"
he lied under oath in office about his affair and the news got big. I personally thought the whole thing was overrated. just to get him out of office.

well, if he apologized or they compromised on something. I don't live in their house. she should decide for herself what she wants. as long as she's not complaining.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 11:19pm On Jun 13, 2007
Let's just put aside the question of whether Bill is a philanderer of international renown,its quite clear he is.Why would a woman who is prepared to put up with her husband's affair be more of a woman than one who accedes to her hubby's demands that she cook or learn how to cook?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 13, 2007
because to force a woman to learn to cook is slavery - misogyny! grin

I'm a feminist wannabe! grin grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 11:24pm On Jun 13, 2007
@richyblack or whatever ur bastard name is,   i can now see u are a bloody bleeped up bitch ass weaklin!Y else will u trade words with a girl, i feel sorri 4 ur wife or girlfriend cos she has a bitter old bitch 4 a husband or boyfriend, i really tot people like u have been erase from this earth how come u are still around bitch?like i said my dear bastard get a lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 11:25pm On Jun 13, 2007
anabell:

@richyblack or whatever your bastard name is,   i can now see u are a bloody bleeped up bitch ass weaklin!Y else will u trade words with a girl, i feel sorri 4 your wife or girlfriend because she has a bitter old bitch 4 a husband or boyfriend, i really tot people like u have been erase from this earth how come u are still around bitch?like i said my dear bastard get a lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

From the above comment,not much of a life you got going on either  grin  grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22)

Reasons Why Some Men Never Cheat (must read) jl / Father Of Twins Abandoned At Lagos Hospital Vows Not To Take Their Mother Back / Tribute To My Mother In Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.