Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,499 members, 7,847,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:31 AM

What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (33725 Views)

Poll: Can a woman who can't cook be a good wife?

Yes: 58% (41 votes)
No: 41% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? / A Lesser Evil: A Wife Who Can't Cook Or A Wife Who Can't Manage The Home / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 12:59am On Jun 14, 2007
I was almost fooled into thinking you were self-righteouslessly refering to yourself here. I can't count the number of times u have used IMO on this thread.
Besides it seems u're the one who has got the definition of feminism all tied up in a knot. Example? Refering to UNICEF as a pro-feminist organization! Grin First time in my life i heard that!

yes, i use imo when it's my opinion

but i don't state something and put a bogus website claiming that's where i got my "statement" from.
i checked both sites he put up and couldn't find the quote from where he got his erronious claim about feminists.

he admited that he made it up and i said there's nothing wrong with it. just don't lie to us that it's facts when it's opinion.

at least use imo like i always do.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:01am On Jun 14, 2007
I-man:

See wetin food dey cause grin grin Medecin Sans Frontier,UNICEF,Clinton,Sukanorputri shocked shocked grin grin

that's Davidylan for you.

he'll get far away from the topic as possible when he has nothing to say.

typical davidylan:
hillary clinton is feminist, so does that mean that every president of the us including Ronald Reagan was feminist?

i try to avoid arguments like that 'cause soon, he'll be arguing about the constitution.

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:01am On Jun 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

let me construct something for you

oranges grow on trees
apples grow on trees
oranges are fruits
apples are fruits
oranges are round
apples are round

therefore apples and oranges are the same.

my point: there are so many holes in your construction.

Your construction is a well known fallacy: elements sharing similar properties are not necessarily in the same set grin

My construction is a sequential construction; you have to point out what is not fact in it. I'll be waiting.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:03am On Jun 14, 2007
there are holes in it.

*A welcomed option for stopping the abuse is divorce.

" a welcomed option" this means that there are other options. what if Hillary used other options?

revise your constrution to "the only option" in other for it to be legitimate.

*It is reasonable to assume that feminists will want the abuse on Hilary by Bill to stop.

is this a fact or speculation?

*Solely based on the philandering ways of Bill and Hilary remaining by his side, feminists have no reason to be proud of Hilary.

what about her pioneering political accomplishments? those are reasons to be proud of her.

*Feminists will see Hilary as enabling Bill by remaining in the marriage.

this is a fact? lol
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 14, 2007
I'll like to acknowledge all the ladies in here who have kept it real and are proud to show off their revered cooking skills to the delight of their families:

babyosisi
Imani
tete
hot chic
Razorr
Kaliyat
queen2

babyosisi, deserves special mention because she's the only one I'm sure is married in the list. Thank you all for your words of wisdom.

A prayer for you all:
Heavenly father, I call upon your holy name today with respect to these wonderful women. For those already married, may you continue to shower them with love, joy and happiness. If they seek the fruit of the womb, may you grant them blessed children. For those still looking for that special person, may you grant them their heart desires. For those who have found that special person but are yet to be married, may their hopes and desires, in every facet of life be granted by God Almighty. May the day of their wedding be a day of immense joy, peace and happiness. If they are still in school; guide them through their education so that they come out in flying colors. For those searching for a better job or just a job; place them with the right people, in the right place and at the right time so that their dreams of a good job will be actualized. May they all see their children grow to become prosperous. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Thanks for the lovely prayer @ richyblack.
God bless.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 14, 2007
wes,please create a topic about feminism and anyone that cares would join you there,you've succeeded in derailing this topic to what it's not.

There is absolutely no connection between a woman that cooks for her household and one that is oppressed and struggling to be let loose
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

doctors without borders and woman rights are two different things. create a thread about them to start an argument on that.

it's just like asking if a politician likes his job.
apparently, if you want to work for woman rights, you have to believe in the equal rights of women.

To start with, i just realised that you thoroughly goofed! UNICEF - United Nations Children's Fund!
Is it still a pro-feminist organization?  grin

- It's easy to note someone grasping at straws, you claimed that UNICEF was a pro-feminist organization because in your own words . . . esp. with the fact that most of it's work is concentrated with third world countries where women's rights aren't advanced.
However Medicins an frontiers also does most of its work in third world countries where women's rights arent advanced (according to you!), do we now assume that they are pro-feminist?

Did the palestinian imams who voted for Benazir Bhuto tell you they believed in equal rights for women?

WesleyanA:

answer your own stupid question.

while you're at it:

Davidlylan is Nigerian, Is Nigeria anti-feminist?

Calm down!  grin Are you realising you are begining to sound silly? Is that why you have resorted to the time tested tactics of hurling insults?

U said the UNICEF was pro-feminist, since it is an arm of the UN (essentially meaning its policies are those of its parent organisation), do we now assume that the UN is pro-feminist?
Rather than face up to ur hare-brained analogy you refered to it as a stupid question!  grin Bravo!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:08am On Jun 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

yes, i use imo when it's my opinion

but i don't state something and put a bogus website claiming that's where i got my "statement" from.
i checked both sites he put up and couldn't find the quote from where he got his erronious claim about feminists.

he admited that he made it up and i said there's nothing wrong with it. just don't lie to us that it's facts when it's opinion.

at least use imo like i always do.

This internet age has made some people think they can find everything on the Net. I never claimed to get any statement from any site. Those sites were put up for you to read and then make deductions. You can't expect all your knowledge to be based on a site, haba! Is this how the education system has shifted?

When you write a paper (for school) do you use websites to make all your arguments, ensuring that all conclusion are from some website, or do you read widely and then make deductions from what you've read? That's how knowledge is created, and not by copying information from websites.

Oh boy taya for this girl
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

that's Davidylan for you.

he'll get far away from the topic as possible when he has nothing to say.

Is this the same kid who ran to post interview transcripts of Ellen Sirleaf johnson just to prove she was a feminist? grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:11am On Jun 14, 2007
babyosisi:

Thanks for the lovely prayer @ richyblack.
God bless.

@babyosisi, you're welcome.

Here is a happy woman!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:11am On Jun 14, 2007
babyosisi:

wes,please create a topic about feminism and anyone that cares would join you there,you've succeeded in derailing this topic to what it's not.

There is absolutely no connection between a woman that cooks for her household and one that is oppressed and struggling to be let loose

oh please.

these guys have been sceaming "feminists" and "feminazis" way before i made a post.
i didn't derail the topic. you can point fingers at all participants.

oh no, they made a prayer for you, i didn't. never mind. lol
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 1:11am On Jun 14, 2007
babyosisi:

lol,she is debating with the passion that naivety breeds.Its the idealism of youth.When she grows up and gets married,realism will take over  grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 1:12am On Jun 14, 2007
@richyblack i was almost tempted to post my pics, but i tot that would be really stupid cos i dont have to prove notin to u.I no u have been in and out of rehab so many times 4 drugs addiction i will take it cool on u!I dont no y those damn doctors allowed u out again u need to be taken back to the hospic lucked up and worn an elec tag, so that the doctors  no were u are at all times !
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:12am On Jun 14, 2007
davidylan:

Is this the same kid who ran to post interview transcripts of Ellen Sirleaf johnson just to prove she was a feminist? grin

you mentioned her name and asked me to prove that she was a feminist and i did. you have problems with that? cool
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:13am On Jun 14, 2007
I-man:

lol,she is debating with the passion that naivety breeds.Its the idealism of youth.When she grows up and gets married,realism will take over grin

I'm going to marry a politician. preferably, a lawyer. grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:15am On Jun 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

you mentioned her name and asked me to prove that she was a feminist and i did. you have problems with that? cool

You really think you "proved" anything with that? grin grin You wont do well as a prosecutor.

WesleyanA:

I'm going to marry a politician. preferably, a lawyer. grin

you're going to starve to death waiting for him to do his 50% share of the cooking.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:18am On Jun 14, 2007
davidylan:

You really think you "proved" anything with that? grin grin You wont do well as a prosecutor.

you're going to starve to death waiting for him to do his 50% share of the cooking.

that's because your own definition of what a feminist is is stuck in your brain.
you refuse to accept that anybody who believes in equality of the sexes is a feminist. which is the true definition.

i can cook for myself when i'm hungry. it helps that i don't have the greatest appetite for food to begin with. oh yeah, and he has to be skinny.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:19am On Jun 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

there are holes in it.

" a welcomed option" this means that there are other options. what if Hillary used other options?

revise your constrution to "the only option" in other for it to be legitimate.

is this a fact or speculation?

what about her pioneering political accomplishments? those are reasons to be proud of her.

this is a fact? lol

* The fact that there are other options does not invalidate any chosen option.
* Feminists want women to be treated fairly. And so, why will they encourage the abuse of a woman.
* Go check the meaning of the word "solely" or better still the phrase "solely based".
* Remaining in an abusive relationship, knowingly, is usually interpreted as enabling the person doing the abuse.

Your alleged holes are just holograms. Construction remains.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:23am On Jun 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

that's because your own definition of what a feminist is is stuck in your brain.
you refuse to accept that anybody who believes in equality of the sexes is a feminist. which is the true definition.

You must have been responding to someone else or doing so with eyes closed. What is the correlation between this and your claim to have "proved" that Ellen Sirleaf was feminist with that miserly article you snitched off the internet? The same classic tactic, when stuck immediately make a clumsy attempt to change the subject to something utterly irrelevant.

millions of women believe they are equal to their men, they dont necessarily have to wear the "feminist" tag! As far as you are concerned anyone that works in third world countries, believes in freedom of speech and aspires to be president must be a feminist. What a load of tripe.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:25am On Jun 14, 2007
That poll should read:
"Can a woman who can't cook and refuses to learn OR can cook but refuses to cook be a good wife?"
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:32am On Jun 14, 2007
anabell:

@richyblack i was almost tempted to post my pics, but i tot that would be really stupid because i don't have to prove notin to u.I no u have been in and out of rehab so many times 4 drugs addiction i will take it cool on u!I don't no y those damn doctors allowed u out again u need to be taken back to the hospic lucked up and worn an elec tag, so that the doctors no were u are at all times !

Post your pics? What do want us to see? Abegi. We've seen it all ojare - abi u fine reach Tyra Banks?
Still missing the point. The ugliness is your attitude! See all the not-too-fine babes wey don settle finish. Comot for road bo.
Drug addiction? LOL. You probably on drugs when you come online. Madam go do better thing with ya life a beg. Smesme.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:32am On Jun 14, 2007
RichyBlacK:

* The fact that there are other options does not invalidate any chosen option.
* Feminists want women to be treated fairly. And so, why will they encourage the abuse of a woman.
* Go check the meaning of the word "solely" or better still the phrase "solely based".
* Remaining in an abusive relationship, knowingly, is usually interpreted as enabling the person doing the abuse.

Your alleged holes are just holograms. Construction remains.

another option might be "compromise" do you think they compromised in their marriage, sat down together and talked?
you didn't put this in your construction.

anyways, Bill Clinton has already asked for a divorce in 1990 (according to the source you put up before) but he decided to stay so that it wouldn't ruin her reputation in running for office. we don't live in their rooms we don't know what their marriage is like. if they even see each other for weeks at a time because of their busy schedules. lol

every woman has her priorities. hers probably was: divorce or successful career. i guess she chose successful career.

I'm feminist and i'm not mad at her for not divorcing bill. how does this fit into your construction?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:34am On Jun 14, 2007
RichyBlacK:

That poll should read:
"Can a woman who can't cook and refuses to learn OR can cook but refuses to cook be a good wife?"

that should be the title.
rather than the one up there questioning her value.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by omoge(f): 1:35am On Jun 14, 2007
una still dey for here  undecided
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 1:36am On Jun 14, 2007
I'm going to marry a politician. preferably, a lawyer.
Don't tell me you want to marry a man with a "healthy bank balance" .For someone who has been ranting against men for wanting women who can cook,you seem to have lofty expectations of your prospective hubby as well.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 1:38am On Jun 14, 2007
@richyblack i am doin a wonderful job with my life unlike u -  in and  out- of rehab if only u could just get off the drugs i bet u could be a nice guy !lol
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:39am On Jun 14, 2007
davidylan:

millions of women believe they are equal to their men, they don't necessarily have to wear the "feminist" tag! As far as you are concerned anyone that works in third world countries, believes in freedom of speech and aspires to be president must be a feminist. What a load of tripe.

that's because in today's society, "feminism" is seen to be a bad word. many women who are feminists and believe in equality of the sexes don't like to be called feminists. the media has destroyed what it stands for.
it has become something close to the n word.

i'm opinionated as you can see and i'm not a wannabe. i have my opinions, if the media doesn't play in with it, fine. it doesn't stop me from being who i am.
books are better. and feminism is definitely not a bad word in books.

if Hillary or a liberal becomes president, this might get better.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:42am On Jun 14, 2007
I-man:

Don't tell me you want to marry a man with a "healthy bank balance" .For someone who has been ranting against men for wanting women who can cook,you seem to have lofty expectations of your prospective hubby as well.

i want to marry a smart liberal guy. if that clarifies my position to you.
he should be pro-feminism too.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:44am On Jun 14, 2007
anabell:

@richyblack i am doin a wonderful job with my life unlike u - in and out- of rehab if only u could just get off the drugs i bet u could be a nice guy !lol

Rehab? LOL. You don see Naija man for rehab before?

This girl sef. Nne biko stop being angry okay.

Chillax, life is good. Live and let live. Do not insult me, and I won't insult you. No shaking!

Almost out of mud pit
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:45am On Jun 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

that's because in today's society, "feminism" is seen to be a bad word. many women who are feminists don't like to be called feminists. the media has destroyed what it stands for.

This is far from the truth, infact no thanks to the media today's society has become more pro-women than at any period in its history. When in history have we had the highest rate of divorce, women reserving the right to gain custody of the children, women being entitled to half their husbands property just for sitting in the house for 2 yrs (ala paul mcartney and heather Mills)?

The media has not destroyed anything rather it has succeeded in producing a generation of millitant women who scream "discrimination" the moment you remind them to help you boil a cup of coffee.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:45am On Jun 14, 2007
richy try ignoring,it usually works for most people grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:47am On Jun 14, 2007
WesleyanA:

another option might be "compromise" do you think they compromised in their marriage, sat down together and talked?
you didn't put this in your construction.

anyways, Bill Clinton has already asked for a divorce in 1990 (according to the source you put up before) but he decided to stay so that it wouldn't ruin her reputation in running for office. we don't live in their rooms we don't know what their marriage is like. if they even see each other for weeks at a time because of their busy schedules. lol

every woman has her priorities. hers probably was: divorce or successful career. i guess she chose successful career.

I'm feminist and i'm not mad at her for not divorcing bill. how does this fit into your construction?

After you marry your pro-feminist guy and he cheats on you repeatedly? Are you going to divorce him?

Looking for reason to be pro-feminist grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22)

Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" / Reasons Why Some Men Never Cheat (must read) jl / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.