Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

We Expire As Women And Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We Expire As Women And Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us (1813 Views)

My 4-Year-Old Daughter Keeps Telling Mysterious Stories About Her Past Life / We Expire As Women & Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Expire As Women And Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us by YourCoffin: 10:11pm On May 26, 2020
Society have suffered. Infact after devil na society

1 Like

Re: We Expire As Women And Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us by doitforyou(f): 10:16pm On May 26, 2020
cococandy:

You been under a rock? grin
Apparently! I need to keep up.

7 Likes

Re: We Expire As Women And Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us by Klass99(f): 10:45pm On May 26, 2020

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Expire As Women And Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us by efficiencie(m): 7:51am On May 27, 2020
Biglittlelois:

I do not understand how people will confidently misinterprete the Bible and say it as fact,

1) No where in the Bible does it say marriage is a ticket to heaven, rather, the Bible says that heaven is a personal race and every individual will give account of their deeds on earth, whether married or not married.

2) You must be delusional, the Bible(God) that said "love your neighbour as YOURSELF" didn't know what he is saying right?

3) The fact that you classify all ladies as one when it comes to bad behaviour, thereby ignoring the obvious truth when it comes to the concentration of females on home training, and ignoring men and their high handedness, entitlement mentality, says alot about you as a person.

I did not insult the OP and I wonder why you are insulting me in your reply. You can debunk my views without having to attack my person.

On your first point, I did not claim the bible says marriage is a ticket to heaven. I said as a matter of opinion that marriage could easily be a ticket to heaven and i founded my opinion on scripture. You do not necessarily have to agree with my deduction and you most certainly did not need to insult me to drive home your point.

On your second point, if you read your Bible you will know that the law to love our neighbor as we love ourself is an obsolete law. Jesus gave a new law and He said love your neighbor as I have loved you (John13:34). Loving others based on the parochial yardstick with which we love ourselves is flawed. Many love themselves enough to pierce themselves all over in the name of pop culture and I wonder if any same parent will want that for their kids. Self love is obsolete, outdated and in our modern times quite deadly.

On your third point, my apologies if it seemed I did so but that isn't the crux of the matter. My point centred on parents considering house chores training when modern tech can easily replace those chores. Training goes way beyond chores and I listed some core areas that should be part of the informal curriculum at the home level. I will not dare lump all ladies into the same group because my mom did a good job raising me and my woman is a breath of fresh air all day everyday.

@Biglittlelois I merely expressed my opinion, you don't have to malign me to express yours. Nevertheless I'm happy you found my post worthy of a reply. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: We Expire As Women And Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us by efficiencie(m): 8:08am On May 27, 2020
Brightgem:
What you are saying is different from what this post is about. You already approached the post with a wrong mindset, avoid saying what was not said here.

Self love and understanding of self and contentment in self is not selfishness...

Anyways without need for further explanation, neither does this need become a discuss that's an argument. We all judge what we read or how we view life from our own realities or the knowledge and experiences we are exposed to, these are yours, your own realities.

It's a key message for ladies to understand they need to stop running helter skelter in the name of societal standards. And for men to raise their daughters with the right mindset.

Societal standards? Well people like you are already setting societal standards. Your post is loaded with societal standards. Only that your standards seek to usurp the extant societal standards of our time. So logically your point lacks moral grounds. You cannot morally fight societal standards sculpted by the opinion of others by setting another set of societal standards founded on your opinion. If societal standards are the enemy then we should tear down all standards of society and resort to social anarchy! Lol.

Pardon me but I actually grab your point but I feel you should realise that people are at liberty to choose to be a rebel or a slave to the values of our society. For example, isn't it strange that despite all the teachings of clergymen and practitioners of various religions we still have a very corrupt society? We all have the opportunity to choose. Some people go through life without having a family. Saul of Tarsus, Kathryn Kuhlman etc are very good examples but for others it is a source of solace and no matter how you preach they just won't snap out of it.

As for fathers raising daughters...the question is how many fathers do we really have out there? And how many really know what the right mentality is? Who will be the judge of which mentality is right or wrong? There is a way that seems right but the end thereof is destruction. So what really is right? In my own opinion, living a life of faith guided by the ultimate standard of truth, the Spirit of God. This, to me, is what leads to the right mentality. Others may have their own standards but this is mine and I will teach my kids that...

Thanks for your reply!

2 Likes

Re: We Expire As Women And Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us by crackland: 9:51am On May 27, 2020
efficiencie:

Societal standards? Well people like you are already setting societal standards. Your post is loaded with societal standards. Only that your standards seek to usurp the extent societal standards of our time. So logically your point lacks moral grounds. You cannot morally fight societal standards sculpted by the opinion of others by setting another set of societal standards founded on your opinion. If societal standards are the enemy then we should tear down all standards of society and resort to a social anarchy! Lol.
Deep... cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Expire As Women And Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us by mrblessed(m): 1:12pm On May 27, 2020
It is not societal nonsense, let's call it biological "nonsense" for the interest of peace. The attempt to challenge nature is a crude assault on logic. Yes, women have expiry date and there is nothing you or anyone can do about it because it isn't societal "nonsense" as you erroneously implied. There are some rules set by nature that society can't adjudicate on, because doing so will endanger humanity. So, I invite you to discard and abandon these toxic notions, conceived by some guided fellow who have declared an unwinnable war against nature.

Since women are humans and not products, they tend to have partial expiration and are still useful even when expired. That is the wonders of nature, something that is supposed to be accepted and not questioned. I believe that this expiration is understood in figurative and not literal terms.
Re: We Expire As Women And Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us by mrblessed(m): 1:16pm On May 27, 2020
efficiencie:

Societal standards? Well people like you are already setting societal standards. Your post is loaded with societal standards. Only that your standards seek to usurp the extant societal standards of our time. So logically your point lacks moral grounds. You cannot morally fight societal standards sculpted by the opinion of others by setting another set of societal standards founded on your opinion. If societal standards are the enemy then we should tear down all standards of society and resort to social anarchy! Lol.

Pardon me but I actually grab your point but I feel you should realise that people are at liberty to choose to be a rebel or a slave to the values of our society. For example, isn't it strange that despite all the teachings of clergymen and practitioners of various religions we still have a very corrupt society? We all have the opportunity to choose. Some people go through life without having a family. Saul of Tarsus, Kathryn Kuhlman etc are very good examples but for others it is a source of solace and no matter how you preach they just won't snap out of it.

As for fathers raising daughters...the question is how many fathers do we really have out there? And how many really know what the right mentality is? Who will be the judge of which mentality is right or wrong? There is a way that seems right but the end thereof is destruction. So what really is right? In my own opinion, living a life of faith guided by the ultimate standard of truth, the Spirit of God. This, to me, is what leads to the right mentality. Others may have their own standards but this is mine and I will teach my kids that...

Thanks for your reply!
This reply of hers must have immensely gladden your heart to warrant a tactless and gratuitous show of appreciation. I surmise you would become unconscious if she sends a pm to you. Una no dey try!
Re: We Expire As Women And Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us by efficiencie(m): 2:50pm On May 27, 2020
mrblessed:
This reply of hers must have immensely gladden your heart to warrant a tactless and gratuitous show of appreciation. I surmise you would become unconscious if she sends a pm to you. Una no dey try!

One day you will be six feet beneath the ground and you will know what it means not to be able to get a reply from anyone no matter how eloquent your speech is...

1 Like

Re: We Expire As Women And Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us by Harshreality: 5:05pm On May 27, 2020
Lol
Not being able to buy properties because of husband ke tongue
Re: We Expire As Women And Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us by Raalsalghul: 5:22pm On May 27, 2020
bukatyne:
Funny OP & writer:

The biological clock is not a 'societical construct' or something men carved out to torment women: it is real.

When you see women who have to buy eggs for fertility proceedures because theirs have expired/not optimal or using surrogates, you will understand that no amount of feel good changes the facts.

Women also have their seasons: Late teens to early early thirties/ 30. Thereafter, the desperation the women feel themselves is more than external pressures.

No amount of feelgood will change that.

It is for women to know the leverage they have and make use of it to get the best husbands if they wish to marry.

Just how for men, they are more desirable in their 30s.

There is a TIME and SEASON to everything under the sun - Ecc 3:1

They will soon come for you.
Re: We Expire As Women And Other Nonsense Society Keeps Telling Us by bukatyne(f): 7:37pm On May 27, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
there are also virgins looking for the fruit of the womb.

Motherhood is not just carrying a pregnancy for 9months. Motherhood is not defined by the status of your womb.

How does your response fit into my post?

Or does the fact that a graduate might not get a job mean people should no longer go to the university?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Ways To Deep Clean Your Bathroom And Toilets. / Is It Ok For A Man To Stop Is Wife From Work? / Tired Of TERMITE’S Havocs & Destructions In Your Home & Farmland? KILL Them Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.