Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me (2141 Views)

She Infected Me With An STD / "Proposing To A Lady In Her 30s Is Not An Engagement But A Rescue Mission" - Man / MC Boki, MC Makopolo, Sophia Allison: Behind Videos Of Ladies Proposing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Ralphjoe(m): 12:07pm On May 26, 2020
please guys, a friend of mine posted this about her friend, she needs advice urgently.....I have a friend name Lydia.
We went to the same University , we are very close. She was dating a guy who was based in lag , she never cheated on him cos we always together.
If he calls her and she did not pick immediately, it's trouble , even tho she explained to him that she is in the bathroom or washing or cooking.
He will call her a prostitute , saying she is with another man.
Fast forward to last year she call me that she is seriously ill , I asked her what happened , she told me her guy gave her STD , the same guy .

She said she started having itches on her private part , that her guy told her it was toilet infection, which she believed, it got so serious that there are wounds there , she became so ill , when she told her guy she wants to go to the hospital he will discourage her and bring some drugs for her .

Her condition got worst, the drugs he brought were not helping cos the STD has gotten worst , her elder bro got tired of the whole thing and took her to the hospital.
It was at the hospital she was told that she has STD and it has gotten worst.
She called her guy , cos he is the only one she has been sleeping with.

That was when he confessed that he has been cheating on her and he too is infected , he was the one that gave her the disease, he don't want her to know cos he don't want to loose her , that was why he was preventing her to go to the hospital.

Now the issue is that the guy has come to propose after she broke up with him.

She is confused if she should go ahead with the proposal or walk away

I then ask her "What if it's HIV your guy has given to you....think about it , would you be talking about accepting his proposal?

She thinks I am being jealous about the whole thing , while I am only trying to look out for a friend.
cc: lalasticlala fp pls so we can get more advice on this matter.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by zyzxx(m): 12:09pm On May 26, 2020
What does the guy give her apart from STD?
money? or what?

she should think twice before she says "I do"
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by DanseMacabre(m): 12:10pm On May 26, 2020
Hmmmmm

It puzzles me to no end as to why most recent threads in romanceland are those that will definitely end in tears.

Well, I guess they're called sob stories for a reason...

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by EzzyCarter: 12:15pm On May 26, 2020
"he didn't want her to know cos he don't want to loose her , that was why he was preventing her to go to the hospital".

Hw can someone who claims to love you be the one behind your predicament and still remains so heartless to the extent of not been able to own up and get the girl to the hospital for treatment...
What kinda stupid love is that?
The lady would be making a grave mistake if she ends up accepting his proposal. Someone as cold hearted as that can easily kill someone angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Ralphjoe(m): 12:16pm On May 26, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Hmmmmm

It puzzles me to no end as to why most recent threads in romanceland are those that will definitely end in tears.

Well, I guess they're called sob stories for a reason...
Bro these are the reality of alots Nigerians, so it's only proper that it will be what is normally posted here, besides love and the desire to get married can make people to make some irrational decisions they may likely regret later in life.
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Ifabernard(m): 12:17pm On May 26, 2020
next pls
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by DanseMacabre(m): 12:18pm On May 26, 2020
Ralphjoe:
Bro these are the reality of alots Nigerians, so it's only proper that it will be what is normally posted here, besides love and the desire to get married can make people to make some irrational decisions they may likely regret later in life.

Nawa o, then it seems a lot of Nigerians have trauma and sadness as their default setting.

Well true true sha, as a wise young Bahamian lawyer once confided in me, the truth is stranger than fiction.
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Ralphjoe(m): 12:18pm On May 26, 2020
zyzxx:
What does the guy give her apart from STD?
money? or what?

she should think twice before she says "I do"
I think its love that is making her to think like that, she is thinking maybe he will change.
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Ningen(m): 12:19pm On May 26, 2020
She's confused about his proposal??

Lmao. She should accept asap. grin

He gave her STD, surely he must have a lot in store to share with her. Such an unselfish man.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Ralphjoe(m): 12:22pm On May 26, 2020
grin[center][/center]
Ningen:

Lmao. She should accept asap.

He gave her STD, surely he must have a lot in store to share with her. Such an unselfish man.

hahahaha now this is funny grin
Ningen:

Lmao. She should accept asap.

hahahaha now this is funnygrin
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by purplecoco(f): 12:25pm On May 26, 2020
All these “hurt people” roaming around. He didn’t want to be in pain alone, so he had to drag the girl with him. He doesn’t have a problem marrying her, cause he feels like they are both in this mess together. Very cruel

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Ralphjoe(m): 12:27pm On May 26, 2020
purplecoco:
All these “hurt people” roaming around. He didn’t want to be in pain alone, so he had to drag the girl with him. He doesn’t have a problem marrying her, cause he feels like they are both in this mess together. Very cruel
as in eh, the fact that she is even considering it and calling her good friend that is trying to make her see reasons as jealous is very surprising to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by clintz(m): 12:29pm On May 26, 2020
What happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by GOFRONT(m): 12:31pm On May 26, 2020
Wahala sha Full this world....
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Ralphjoe(m): 12:34pm On May 26, 2020
GOFRONT:
Wahala sha Full this world....
my brother na so I see the matter, the matter tire me.
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by purplecoco(f): 12:35pm On May 26, 2020
Ralphjoe:
as in eh, the fact that she is even considering it and calling her good friend that is trying to make her see reasons as jealous is very surprising to me.
Is not like she got a choice anymore. Her own life is ruined and finding someone who will accept you to marry you with an STD is very rare unless the person has it with you, which is her case right now
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Ralphjoe(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2020
purplecoco:
Is not like she got a choice anymore. Her own life is ruined and finding someone who will accept you to marry you with an STD is very rare unless the person has it with you, which is her case right now
This will be true about this situation if the STD is an incurable one, but it is curable and she is on treatment right now. so am still surprised why she is still considering this guy.
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Ralphjoe(m): 1:11pm On May 26, 2020
lalasticlala pls take this to the fp for a wider audience to give their input on this, it's urgent pls.
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Ralphjoe(m): 1:15pm On May 26, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Nawa o, then it seems a lot of Nigerians have trauma and sadness as their default setting.

Well true true sha, as a wise young Bahamian lawyer once confided in me, the truth is stranger than fiction.
Especially the ladies really want to get married so quickly because of the societal pressure on them to do so, but love can also be a very big factor also.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Norman4real(m): 1:24pm On May 26, 2020
They're both idiots and deserve each other. As a lady why would u be in a relationship with such a controlling guy who even cheats on you. And the guy is an even bigger idiot that's cheating while having unprotected sex.
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Millennialaku(m): 1:29pm On May 26, 2020
im really tired of reading all this kind of stories sad sad undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Lamanii22(f): 1:41pm On May 26, 2020
First off... What kinda STD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Ralphjoe(m): 1:56pm On May 26, 2020
Lamanii22:
First off... What kinda STD
For that I don't know, but my friend said it's a curable one, they don't want to disclose it.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Sixfeetbelle: 1:58pm On May 26, 2020
And yet when I tell men that some of them are responsible for the 'fishy' smell that some ladies have, they will get angry.

Una don see evidence so??

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Ralphjoe(m): 2:10pm On May 26, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:
And yet when I tell men that some of them are responsible for the 'fishy' smell that some ladies have, they will get angry.

Una don see evidence so??
Because of just one man out of millions of men that aren't like him? your conclusion is flawed, most smell that a lady has down there may be as a result of her hygiene levels and not man, even if it's as a result of an STDs(man), this man too got it from a woman too.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Sixfeetbelle: 2:12pm On May 26, 2020
Ralphjoe:
Because of just one man out of millions of men that aren't like him? your conclusion is flawed, most smell that a lady has down there may be as a result of her hygiene levels and not man, even if it's as a result of an STDs(man), this man too got it from a woman too.

Did you miss the 'some' in the post?
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by ladilawal82(m): 2:58pm On May 26, 2020
Interesting
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by zyzxx(m): 3:17pm On May 26, 2020
Ralphjoe:
I think its love that is making her to think like that, she is thinking maybe he will change.
Nobody can change anybody ooo

if it is what she can provide solution to and solved it for the guy, fine
if not... all is well
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by kiddkash(m): 4:31pm On May 26, 2020
izza gud tin. you 2 wont spread t 2 more pple

bubu is impressed

Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 26, 2020
Ralphjoe:
For that I don't know, but my friend said it's a curable one, they don't want to disclose it.

They don't want to disclose it? The man she's about to marry is evil. He knew he had STD and still went ahead to infect her. What's there to consider?
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by Farki: 4:45pm On May 26, 2020
If she marries him she's mad. The man just wants to end her.
Re: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD, Now He Is Proposing To Marry Me by SavageResponse(m): 4:47pm On May 26, 2020
Ralphjoe:

The main issue here is the fact that there may likely be physical abuse if your friend agrees to marry this guy

(1) (2) (Reply)

BRIDE COMPETITION (do Anything To Win!!) … (18+) / Girl That Reject boyfriend Engagement Ring Denies Him And Follow Another Man / Will My Ex's Curses Work On Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.