Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (69577 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by ceejay80s(m): 11:24am On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

Alright, as you wish.

Not as I wish but as I know, I have one in my office where I work, he steals and cheat staffs and he has no conscience
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 11:24am On May 31, 2020
Sultty:
Myth:- why do Jehovah witnesses not recite national anthems are there trying to break away from naija?
because they don't pledge their loyalty to any country or government.

even you that sing, so you keep to what you sing? are you loyal to your country? are you honest in all your dealings?

4 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by paltielx: 11:25am On May 31, 2020
Another misconception is that they JW doesn't believe in Jesus. Fact: According to John 3:16 the believe that Jesus is God's son sent to redeem obedient Mankind to Adamic Sin and Dead
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 11:26am On May 31, 2020
Sultty:
Myth:- why do Jehovah witnesses not recite national anthems are there trying to break away from naija?

because they don't pledge their loyalty to any country or government.

even you that sing, so you keep to what you sing? are you loyal to your country? are you honest in all your dealings?

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 11:27am On May 31, 2020
Happy Sunday
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Arkmanbuddy(m): 11:27am On May 31, 2020
Sodiquinone:
Oh, Christ worshipers! We want an answer to our question from your wise. If the Lord was murdered by some people’s act…what sort of god is this? We wonder! Was He pleased by what they did to Him? If yes, blessed be they..they achieved the pleasure of His But if He was discontented….this means their power subjugated His!! Was the whole entity left without a Sustainer… so who answered the prayers? Were the heavens vacated…when He laid under the ground somewheres? Were all the worlds left without a God…to manage while His hands were nailed? Why did not the angles help Him when they heard him while he wailed? How could the rods stand to bear the True Lord when He was fastened How could the iron reach Him and His body pinioned? How could His enemies’ hands reach Him and slap His rear And was Christ revived by himself…or the Reviver was another god? What a sight it is!A grave that enclosed a god! What’s more weird is the belly that had Him in it! He stayed there for nine months in utter darkness…fed by blood! Then he got out of the womb as a small baby, weak and gaping to be breastfed! He ate and drank, and did what that naturally resulted in Is this a god??!! High Exalted be Allah above the lies of Christians All of them will be held accountable for their libels Oh cross worshipers…for what reason is it exalted and blamed who rejects it? Is it not the logic to break and burn it along with the one who innovated it? Since the Lord was crucified on it…and his hands were fastened to it? That is really a cursed cross to carry…so discard it Don’t kiss it! The Lord was abused on it…and you adore it? So you are one of His enemies!! If you extol it because it carried the Lord of the worlds why don’t you prostrate yourself and worship graves, since the grave contained your god in it? So, Christ worshiper, open your eyes, this is what the matter is all about.

Stupid comment. If you've read and understood the Bible, you'd not be this stupid. Or perhaps stupidity is in your blood.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by foni2k4(m): 11:27am On May 31, 2020
Jehovah Witness is a cult meant to manipulate the mind and ultimately drive Christian's away from the goal which is heaven. The earlier people get to know this the better. You want evidence...go do your research.

4 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 11:27am On May 31, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

Baba, I wonder o. Even Deeper life members now watch TV! People should study the word and be led by the holy Spirit instead of believing everything their pastors tell them hook, line and sinker.
Okay, we have heard you, churchgoers really need to hear this more. They are mostly affected.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by BABANGBALI: 11:28am On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

grin you are funny o, so that is why you hate them. Jollof rice, chicken and cake haff finished in the world, na only JW own you want.
You will alright las las
most of them are my neighbours and friends. Denying me my right is a sin
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by NaijadrivaCars: 11:28am On May 31, 2020
jeff1993:
I remember when I was in Ss3 ... I had this beautiful class mate of mine called Uchechi ...she was a very funny and lively girl and she was a Witness.

One fateful day she had an accident on her way to write NECO exam .... She lost a lot of blood and was the hospital requested for blood transfusion but the parents refused ... Everyday we went to the hospital we literally watched our classmate tether on the brink of death just because of a stupid manmade ideology.

Our principal had to involve social service authorities from the local govt and when they intervened, they took over the case and called the senior brother who was in another state to come and donate blood since the parents were adamant.

That was how Uchechi's life was saved but the unity of their family was never saved because she quitted the church when she went to Uni and her parents kind of partially disowned her.

And Uchechi's parents are secretly happy that their daughter didn't die.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by MightySparrow: 11:29am On May 31, 2020
Hotzone:
I respect them...
To be a witness, nnaa, u must carry ur Gucci bag join body for what they called “pioneer service”.
Even though I am not with them any longer but I still respect most of their values and through them, I learnt how to dress like a gentleman which has helped me in my career
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Socialproject: 11:30am On May 31, 2020
I am just like you. A catholic but follow logic grin
SamuelAnyawu:
No blood transfusion. So if I am shot on the roadside and some good fellows rushed me into a nearby health facility. I'll explain to the doctor that I need no blood transfusion and will rather die than accept blood from a donor grin

Even as a Catholic no be every Catholic doctrine I dey swallow. I do religion with my common sense wink

3 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by MightySparrow: 11:30am On May 31, 2020
Hotzone:
I respect them...
To be a witness, nnaa, u must carry ur Gucci bag join body for what they called “pioneer service”.
Even though I am not with them any longer but I still respect most of their values and through them, I learnt how to dress like a gentleman which has helped me in my career
Why did you leave na?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by wonder233: 11:30am On May 31, 2020
On the blood transfusion issue: Your attempt to defend your religion is very puerile. Transfusion is medically sound. It remains the best option for saving lives in emergency situations where the patient has lost lots of blood. There are perfectly matching blood samples.
Your "non-blood" alternative is for long term regenerative use, this only applies when the patient is not in immediate danger.
Your last statement about "why worry about this world" says it all. You guys are as suicidal as the fanatics found in other religions

3 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 11:30am On May 31, 2020
ceejay80s:

Not as I wish but as I know, I have one in my office where I work, he steals and cheat staffs and he has no conscience
Report that Jw to your boss or sack him if you're the boss, if you have evidence. I cannot validate your claims over this side of the internet
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by LZAA: 11:30am On May 31, 2020
Guy jw no dy do blood transfusion
No dy change factgrin
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by omoharry(f): 11:30am On May 31, 2020
jeff1993:
I remember when I was in Ss3 ... I had this beautiful class mate of mine called Uchechi ...she was a very funny and lively girl and she was a Witness.

One fateful day she had an accident on her way to write NECO exam .... She lost a lot of blood and was the hospital requested for blood transfusion but the parents refused ... Everyday we went to the hospital we literally watched our classmate tether on the brink of death just because of a stupid manmade ideology.

Our principal had to involve social service authorities from the local govt and when they intervened, they took over the case and called the senior brother who was in another state to come and donate blood since the parents were adamant.

That was how Uchechi's life was saved but the unity of their family was never saved because she quitted the church when she went to Uni and her parents kind of partially disowned her.
At least your friend was saved and presently Alive but my cousin was not so lucky . Her parent s and JW family watch her die amid the various attempt by other non JW family to save her life. This was 1997 . We did not know about social services back then nor was there information available to us then . JW are something else. It's a cult and they do not know they are in bondage.

9 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by charlesm91(m): 11:31am On May 31, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:
No blood transfusion. So if I am shot on the roadside and some good fellows rushed me into a nearby health facility. I'll explain to the doctor that I need no blood transfusion and will rather die than accept blood from a donor grin

Even as a Catholic no be every Catholic doctrine I dey swallow. I do religion with my common sense wink
true talk. Na the common sense party majority miss as they go about their religion.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Dreyton36: 11:31am On May 31, 2020
Lets play who wants to be a millionaire

WHAT'S THE BIGGEST PROBLEM OF MANKIND ??

A::: CORRUPTION
B::: RELIGION
C::: POVERTY
D::: HATRED

DROP YOUR ANSWERS
Modified

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by omoharry(f): 11:32am On May 31, 2020
jeff1993:

At least your friend was saved and presently Alive but my cousin was not so lucky . Her parent s and JW family watch her die amid various attempt by other non JW family to save her life. It put a strain on the family till this day .This was 1997 . We did not know about social services back then nor was there information available to us then . JW are something else. It's a cult and they do not know they are in bondage.

5 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by paix(m): 11:32am On May 31, 2020
iKingsley:
Same religion, different ways. Who says I can't eat Garri with fork and knife? grin
Or even eat rice with toothpick.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by paix(m): 11:33am On May 31, 2020
Dreyton36:

A::: CORRUPTION
B::: RELIGION
C::: WITCHCRAFT
D::: HATRED

DROP YOUR ANSWERS
E::::NOT MINDING YOUR BUSINESS
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by gowonmaharajah(m): 11:33am On May 31, 2020
jeff1993:

in your last word there,BEING DISOWNED.
that's what Jehovah witnesses do.once a child decides to dump their own doctrines or go to another denominations apart from theirs.The next thing they will do to such child is that they'll disown him/her.

they're scripturally sound though and I had their impartation while I was growing up.
buh some odd things about them is what pisses me off

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Galactico4ever(m): 11:33am On May 31, 2020
Dreyton36:
A::: CORRUPTION B::: RELIGION C::: WITCHCRAFT D::: HATRED
DROP YOUR ANSWERS
Final answer,A.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by grandstar(m): 11:33am On May 31, 2020
Hotzone:
I respect them...

Oga, pls pls pls come back. It's important now more than ever because the time left is reduced! The great day of Jehovah is near (Read Zepheniah 1:14-18)

Serving Jehovah is the best decision anyone can make. Do so today

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by hahn(m): 11:34am On May 31, 2020
iKingsley:
Same religion, different ways. Who says I can't eat Garri with fork and knife? grin

Are you talking about eba or soaked garri?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by iKingsley(m): 11:34am On May 31, 2020
paix:
Or even eat rice with toothpick.
what are you saying? Did you not know people eat garri with fork and knife? undecided
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 11:34am On May 31, 2020
BABANGBALI:
most of them are my neighbours and friends. Denying me my right is a sin
Your right? You a comedian bro. It is a shame I can't relate, while you wait for festive periods, Jws treats me well all round the year, nothing beats wholesome association not tainted with the madness that comes during those festive periods.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Mcslize: 11:36am On May 31, 2020
explosiveskull:

When I get to the bridge of marriage and she can't marry me cos she is a jehovah witness, then I'll find another love, there are so many girls on earth. One thing is that I can't believe in the shit jehovah witness teach, I engage her in arguments and she can't even defend what she believes in. I love her, that is what matters, if she can't compromise when the time comes for our love, then I'll gladly leave. Hia! Is that so hard?

The thing is that marriages these days are like gambles. So many divorces. But I have realized that witnesses hardly divorce and their marriages last longer than any christian group I have seen so far. Have you not noticed that? My aunt was telling me that if I want peace of mind, that I should marry a witness. I am beginning to see some lights in what she said. Their wives are always loyal. You will hardly see a witness wife being divorced due to infidelity except few of the young girls that are still in school do keep boyfriends. But once they get married, they are always loyal. And I have really been thinking deeply whether to follow my aunt's advice.

6 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by omoharry(f): 11:36am On May 31, 2020
KingRabota:
Hmm one in the body of Christ ?

JW no gree that wan 0

I there mind ,they are the only good people , while everyone else is evil. They believe that they are the only people who understand what God is telling us in the Bible. Meanwhile every time they they try to interpret biblical prophecy they ALWAYS get it wrong. (Aand please don't bring 1914 or 1975 near this place)

If you want to know why it's membership seems so committed, it's because of something I call voluntary brainwash. Their "Society " has made them believe that everything they do in the the name of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is directly from God. ( Grade 1 brainwashing)

Let me pause.

Oh and when you wanna mention me for nonsense keep in mind that I was a member who found out the who real JW are

so I use God beg unu please don't get me started

Dem and Scientology are thesame . Thesame brain washing and collective effort in excommunicating anyone that venture to live the cult. The different between them is thier belief system but they behave thesame way .

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by paix(m): 11:38am On May 31, 2020
iKingsley:
what are you saying? Did you not know people eat garri with fork and knife? undecided
It's your choice na. Just like others who drink garri with their hands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses - The Power Source For Our Miracle Pastors / Chapel On Biku Hill: World’s Smallest Church In Uganda, Accommodates Three Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.