Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,856 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. (1282 Views)

Mothers Please Advice A Frustrated Married Man. / Experienced Mothers Help Me / Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by Phunmyne(f): 8:59pm On May 26, 2020
Good evening.

My 5months+ baby has refused to breastfeed as she used to. She has been on this partial refusal since 4 months old. I literarilly force her to eat often but she refuses most of the time even when it is very obvious she is hungry, she agrees only when she can't hold on to the hunger any further.

Whenever she sees us eating, she always wants to join. Sometimes I give her 'tiny' parts, she will eat without blinking an eye and also cry for more but if it is to breastfeed, she will scream n refuse it. She has even taken biscuilt on like 2 occasions (small quantity though).

So today, I decided to start giving her semi-solid. I got all the components of tom brown [yellow corn, millet, guinea corn, soybean, groundnut, crayfish].

My concern now is;

Can a child of 5months+ take tom brown?

The woman I bought the stuffs from said soybean should be smaller in quantity compared to others and also that I should not add groundnut. Kindly help shed more light on this please.

Kindly help me with these concerns.

PS: I have tried every method of breastfeeding for her, taking her away from distractions and others but still same.

I am a FTM.

1 Like

Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by onyichick(f): 9:07pm On May 26, 2020
she's telling u she's ready for solids. the lady I usually buy diapers from told me she starts giving her babies pap from 2 months I was shocked ans it has worked well for her cos she's on her fourth baby.I don't know what tom brown is,for my baby I started with pap at 5 months.

1 Like

Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by Phunmyne(f): 9:18pm On May 26, 2020
Ok. Thanks... she is really ready, she does not even close mouth to any food except breast.

onyichick:
she's telling u she's ready for solids. the lady I usually buy diapers from told me she starts giving her babies pap from 2 months I was shocked ans it has worked well for her cos she's on her fourth baby.I don't know what tom brown is,for my baby I started with pap at 5 months.

2 Likes

Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by Blakjewelry(m): 9:29pm On May 26, 2020
Phunmyne:
Good evening.

My 5months+ baby has refused to breastfeed as she used to. She has been on this partial refusal since 4 months old. I literarilly force her to eat often but she refuses most of the time even when it is very obvious she is hungry, she agrees only when she can't hold on to the hunger any further.

Whenever she sees us eating, she always wants to join. Sometimes I give her 'tiny' parts, she will eat without blinking an eye and also cry for more but if it is to breastfeed, she will scream n refuse it. She has even taken biscuilt on like 2 occasions (small quantity though).

So today, I decided to start giving her semi-solid. I got all the components of tom brown [yellow corn, millet, guinea corn, soybean, groundnut, crayfish].

My concern now is;

The woman I bought the stuffs from said soybean should be smaller in quantity compared to others and also that I should not add groundnut. Kindly help shed more light on this please.

PS: I have tried every method of breastfeeding for her, taking her away from distractions and others but still same.

I am a FTM.
I know before reading the story that it is definitely a girl lol, in fact you should be happy she wants to join the big guys gang

2 Likes

Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by LadySarah: 10:24pm On May 26, 2020
Pls go on with solids but in pureed form. It's not strange thing.
Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 26, 2020
firstly you need to work on your milk production...are you feeding well to supply adequate breast milk?
if the baby discovered that the flow of milk isn't satisfactory...she might lost interest.....you can try pressing your breast to check the flow of milk.

secondly the baby might just decide to be taking solids but please do this in smaller quantity she's still very young...don't just give her pap or tom brown...make varieties of meal so she won't get fed up of one meal....moimoi, ripe plantain, fruits, mashed tubers etc.

thirdly ,my sister when last did you menstruated?
babies are sensitive, if you've taken in, the taste of the milk will change and this will make her lost interest even when she's hungry...she opted for solids when she had no option I guess ...please go for medical check up and take the baby to a pediatrician they can advice you better on what to do.

best of lucks

1 Like

Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by merieam16(f): 11:21pm On May 26, 2020
Phunmyne:
Ok. Thanks... she is really ready, she does not even close mouth to any food except breast.

so u dont av a problem ma'am, go nd start giving her all she want
Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by frozen70(f): 11:26pm On May 26, 2020
Phunmyne:
Good evening.

My concern now is;

I am a FTM.

From my own experience, she sees you guys eating and she wants to eat with you guys

That breast milk doesn't sustain her and she will rather prefer solid meals

What you will do is, anytime she wants to sleep, cuddle her with breast if she will accept by so doing she won't be off breast milk completely

Any time you guys are eating, chew her food and give her to eat, foods like, pourage yam, jollof rice, beans and other foods you can crush

Then give her more of Okro soup with very tiny ebea or semo

Keep water on stand by

She will grow big and strong

Then in the interim, you can give her pap with milk, enough milk like two scoop and spoon feed her

If you use feeder she will reject it
Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by andyanders: 2:30am On May 27, 2020
Op, I'm not a woman but would advise u to check if the taste of ur breast milk is in order. Or are u pregnant as that could change the taste of ur breast milk. Do you take healthy balanced an nutritious food for nursing mothers? You need to be on good food for u to produce good breast milk healthy for ur baby. Stop giving her any form of solid food as that could affect her health at that age. You can meet a pediatrician for a professional advice.

1 Like

Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by LuQuLuQu(m): 9:56am On May 28, 2020
BABY GIRLS DO NOT ENJOY BREAST MILK. THEY PREFER SOLID MEALS AS EARLY AS 1 MONTH.

Go ahead and give the poor baby enough solid meals already

I WROTE IN CAPS COS I'M SHOUTING.

2 Likes

Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by Mumben(f): 10:39am On May 28, 2020
pls give the baby semi solids, she doesn't want to stress you. my son is 1 yr 3months and has refused to stop breastfeeding. I applied aloe vera to my nipples to discourage him from sucking but he managed to suck even with d bitter taste. pls someone should tell me the easiest way to wean him cos I don tire.
Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by Dyt(f): 10:50am On May 28, 2020
My son stopped at 4 months
He even refused taking milk
I changed to pudding but stopped taking that after a month
I tried giving him solid, light semo and ewedu but lil man refused it
So I made mashed beans in small quantity
Potato pudding
Rice pudding

You can try these, your baby may like them
Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by Nobody: 10:51am On May 28, 2020
Mumben:
pls give the baby semi solids, she doesn't want to stress you. my son is 1 yr 3months and has refused to stop breastfeeding. I applied aloe vera to my nipples to discourage him from sucking but he managed to suck even with d bitter taste. pls someone should tell me the easiest way to wean him cos I don tire.

1ur 3months is too young to wean a boy....wait for 2 more months....he'll get used to it after 2days...apply bitter leaf on it and don't give him no matter how he cried.

1 Like

Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by Mumben(f): 10:53am On May 28, 2020
Lizzyangel:

1ur 3months is too young to wean a boy....wait for 2 more months....he'll get used to it after 2days...apply bitter leaf on it and don't give him no matter how he cried.
ok, thanks.
Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by onyichick(f): 1:37pm On May 28, 2020
Mumben:
i weaned my son at 1yr 2 months,I used bitter leaf and once he tasted it he refused and that was the end. I was surprised cos I was expecting him to put up a fight cos he loved breastmilk like crazy
Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by Mumben(f): 2:20pm On May 28, 2020
onyichick:

i weaned my son at 1yr 2 months,I used bitter leaf and once he tasted it he refused and that was the end. I was surprised cos I was expecting him to put up a fight cos he loved breastmilk like crazy
Really?, u re very lucky oh. it's not easy weaning a baby especially one that loves breast milk so much. I will try d bitter leave formula and hope he stops for good.
Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by HoliMaree: 2:52pm On May 28, 2020
Most times it is boys that suck breast as if their lives depends on it but girls can be easily weaned because they're not too attached to breast feeding. Your baby girl is telling you that she's now a big girl, if you continue to force her you might get her attached to it and it will be difficult to wean her later. This is one good thing about girls, you're less stressed than with boys who won't allow your breast rest.
Re: Experienced Mothers, Please Come In. by onyichick(f): 9:39pm On May 28, 2020
Mumben:
Really?, u re very lucky oh. it's not easy weaning a baby especially one that loves breast milk so much. I will try d bitter leave formula and hope he stops for good.
my son likes food a lot and I guess it helped with the weaning cos he eats anything and I me a anything that is food,I gave birth to a foodie.he loves food from the moment he came out and hasn't changed till today.a friend of mine advised me to give him only water when he wakes up at night after weaning so he doesnt get used to tea n all that at night n it worked,he drinks water till day break once he sleeps at night

(1) (Reply)

Every Hardworking Lagos Worker Should Own This!!! / The Love I Have For My Mum Has Caused Me Problems / Few Hours To Cross Over Upload Your Last Picture For 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.