Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,410 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Make A Creative Statement With The Books You Read While Growing Up As Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Make A Creative Statement With The Books You Read While Growing Up As Kids (290 Views)

Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) / Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up / Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make A Creative Statement With The Books You Read While Growing Up As Kids by Mrcaregiver: 10:46am On May 27, 2020
Alright guys. In the light of the children's day celebration, i will like us to play a game by making a creative or poetic statement with the favorite books we read while growing up as kids.

Mine goes like this:
The gods are not to blame even if Things fall apart because the Beautiful ones are not yet born.

Ola Rotimi, Chinua Achebe and Ayi Kwei Armah

Ther you have it guys!

1 Like

Re: Make A Creative Statement With The Books You Read While Growing Up As Kids by Foodqueen(f): 1:05pm On May 27, 2020
Op, u no read book sef.

On my Emergency mission to Accra,
on My way to Ghana,
I saw a Burning bush
beside that burning bush
I saw a boy weeping and that made me to remember the
Return of shettima
I went to him and ask, what was wrong
He told me that he was born
Without a silver spoon
and that the wedding of his parents was not the
Wedlock of the gods
Weep not child, I say
Time changes yesterday, for the
gods are not to blame
if the Arrow of God strike
Things fall apart
i am going on an
African night entertainment
to search for the
Passport of Mallam illia and I would be back before
Eze goes to school.

5 Likes

Re: Make A Creative Statement With The Books You Read While Growing Up As Kids by Jentle244: 2:02pm On May 27, 2020
Foodqueen:
Op, u no read book sef.

on My way to Ghana,
I saw a Burning bush
beside that burning bush
Return of shettima
Without a silver spoon
Wedlock of the gods
Weep not child, I say
gods are not to blame
Things fall apart
i am going on an
to search for the
Eze goes to school.

wink wink Kudos

Can u please mention the books am not an avid reader and any link I can download it

Thanks
Re: Make A Creative Statement With The Books You Read While Growing Up As Kids by Pavore9: 4:49pm On May 27, 2020
Foodqueen:
Op, u no read book sef.

on My way to Ghana,
I saw a Burning bush
beside that burning bush
Return of shettima
Without a silver spoon
Wedlock of the gods
Weep not child, I say
gods are not to blame
Things fall apart
i am going on an
to search for the
Eze goes to school.

You just reminded me I was addicted to novels as a youngster, have read all you listed. I recall when I was in primary five I used my saved lunch money to buy The Boy Slave and its sequel, Return of Shettima. Those books made me imagine as a kid what it would feel like horse-riding. Child kidnapping no be today, e start!
Re: Make A Creative Statement With The Books You Read While Growing Up As Kids by amanda2013(f): 5:06pm On May 27, 2020
On my way to UDUMA, I saw a BURNING GRASS. Beside it was a MINE BOY crying EFURU and I said to him WEEP NOT CHILD for when the ARROW OF GOD falls THINGS FALL APART.

1 Like

Re: Make A Creative Statement With The Books You Read While Growing Up As Kids by Foodqueen(f): 6:26pm On May 27, 2020
Pavore9:

You just reminded me I was addicted to novels as a youngster, have read all you listed. I recall when I was in primary five I used my saved lunch money to buy The Boy Slave and its sequel, Return of Shettima. Those books made me imagine as a kid what it would feel like horse-riding. Child kidnapping no be today, e start!

Yesso..
Pls don't make me go and start looking for those two ooo. I read them more than 50times then. I loves where the maid was giving d sheik daughter that was in love with shettima her dose. Let me see if I can still remember the lines...

"I av served u faithfully for many years and I av never give u any course to complain. U loved me and I love and honor u in return, I would av served u till u no longer needed but tonight u decide to throw me out to the dogs without hearing my own side of the story. Yours is the power, urs is d honor,I know.
I know that I am a slave and I shall without complain go to wherever u choose, all d time u favoured me I always remind myself that I was a slave and I might not enjoy this favour for long.
But know this, as Allah knows I did not double cross neither did I invite shettima's love,a slave as I am.i know it is in a woman's right to love secretly unto death till the man will enough courage to declare his love. All that same I wish u well my lady in another venture....... tongue"

The sheik daughter replied with rage" get out of my sight before I condemn you to death."
Re: Make A Creative Statement With The Books You Read While Growing Up As Kids by Pavore9: 6:36pm On May 27, 2020
Foodqueen:

Yesso..
Pls don't make me go and start looking for those two ooo. I read them more than 50times then. I loves where the maid was giving d sheik daughter that was in love with shettima her dose. Let me see if I can still remember the lines...

"I av served u faithfully for many years and I av never give u any course to complain. U loved me and I love and honor u in return, I would av served u till u no longer needed but tonight u decide to throw me out to the dogs without hearing my own side of the story. Yours is the power, urs is d honor,I know.
I know that I am a slave and I shall without complain go to wherever u choose, all d time u favoured me I always remind myself that I was a slave and I might not enjoy this favour for long.
But know this, as Allah knows I did not double cross neither did I invite shettima's love,a slave as I am.i know it is in a woman's right to love secretly unto death till the man will enough courage to declare his love. All that same I wish u well my lady in another venture....... tongue"

The sheik daughter replied with rage" get out of my sight before I condemn you to death."

See as you memorize lines. cheesy cheesy
Re: Make A Creative Statement With The Books You Read While Growing Up As Kids by Foodqueen(f): 6:42pm On May 27, 2020
Pavore9:

See as you memorize lines. cheesy cheesy

grin grin that was me those years o. Once I read a book more than twice, many touching lines sticks and they never leave.

(1) (Reply)

Bale Sharing-female Thrift Wears / Benefits Of Covid19 Pandemic / Life Coach Solomon Buchi Encourages Selflessness In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.