Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,002 members, 7,852,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:39 PM

I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity - Religion (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity (130395 Views)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses 2 / Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! / What Does This Mean: Spirit,Water And Blood Bear Witness On Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (236) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Janosky: 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
fairheart:
It is not just that, there's nothing like Trinity. The mainstream Christians can't defend it scripturally. So you are right! There is God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit! They are not equal in power, authority, etc. God the Father is one in one! Can I DM you?

Hhmmmm !

Do you actually understand what you typed up there?
How can what a Christian can't defend SCRIPTURALLY be based on the holy Scriptures?

grin
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
Janosky:

Hhmmmm !

How can what a Christian can't defend SCRIPTURALLY be based on the holy Scriptures?grin

They don't know what Christianity really means! smiley
They just want to be called "Christians" even when they "can't defend what they're taught" undecided
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by fairheart(m): 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
If you don't understand it, then you have a problem with comprehension! Your faith--the belief in God's words--did not come from outside the Scripture; it comes from the scripture--the Bible! Your Bible is your defense against any heretical doctrine, and that is why we have chapters and verses to quote to defend what we believe. Heretic Christians, like you, who cling to the doctrine of trinity, cannot defend it with their Bible; they always quote outside source. Isn't the bible the Perfect word of God anymore? Is it no longer adequate to explain the truth? The reason Jehovah Witness teaches the Bible better is that, they quote the Bible, and you are able to read it yourself and see for yourself, especially on the matter of trinity. I doubt you have read an entire Chapter in the Bible let alone the whole New Testament or Old Tastement--which would have exposed you and refine your knowledge.

I know who you're by your comment, and so we are not on the same plane of knowledge of God. Do not attempt to mention me again. I will not reply you! Happy Sunday!
Janosky:

Hhmmmm !

How can what a Christian can't defend SCRIPTURALLY be based on the holy Scriptures?

grin
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by DappaD: 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
fairheart:
If you don't understand it, then you have a problem with comprehension! Your faith--the belief in God's words--did not come from outside the Scripture; it comes from the scripture--the Bible! Your Bible is your defense against any heretical doctrine, and that is why we have chapters and verses to quote to defend what we believe. Heretic Christians, like you, who cling to the doctrine of trinity, cannot defend it with their Bible; they always quote outside source. Isn't the bible the Perfect word of God anymore? Is it no longer adequate to explain the truth? The reason Jehovah Witness teaches the Bible better is that, they quote the Bible, and you are able to read it yourself and see for yourself, especially on the matter of trinity. I doubt you have read an entire Chapter in the Bible let alone the whole New Testament or Old Tastement--which would have exposed you and refine your knowledge.

I know who you're by your comment, and so we are not on the same plane of knowledge of God. Do not attempt to mention me again. I will not reply you! Happy Sunday!
But Janosky is a Witness and not a trinitarian nau undecided
You misunderstood him
Calm down and read his comment again, this time slowly

2 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
fairheart:

He's not a trinitarian,he is a JW

2 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2020
Rozz:
He's not a trinitarian,he is a JW
JWs have a common language we speak amongst ourselves, it's not different from the one we're speaking now but only JWs can understand it.

If you travel to any country in the world today, even if you can't speak the language there, they're are simple phrases that helps identify ourselves anywhere we go even when we're not speaking the same tongue.

So fairheart only noticed the strong faith and efficiency in JWs but he's not one of us! smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
Maximus69:

JWs have a common language we speak amongst ourselves, it's not different from the one we're speaking now but only JWs can understand it.

If you travel to any country in the world today, even if you can't speak the language there, they're are simple phrases that helps identify ourselves anywhere we go even when we're not speaking the same tongue.

So fairheart only noticed the strong faith and efficiency in JWs but he's not one of us! smiley
maybe that's why some people think its a cult,but he sounded like a jw

2 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
Rozz:
maybe that's some people think its a cult,but he sounded like a jw

From his three sentences, all JWs can tell that he's not one of us! smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
Maximus69:

From his three sentences, all JWs can tell that he's not one of us! smiley
hmm
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by fairheart(m): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
Maximus69:

Rozz, Janosky
You're right, I am not a JW. My grandmother was before she died, and I read a lot of Awake and Watch Tower growing up in my 20s; in fact, I have Witnesses who "like" to come to my place to discuss, I have JW friends as well. I love to use Jehovah in my prayers and pray to Him in the name of Jesus. I don't do this because JW taught me; I do it because Jehovah is God's personal name (as written in the Bible), and it appeals to me that JW emphasis on it in all their teachings. Jesus Himself NEVER told his disciples to pray to him, but to the Father, in his name. I considered and hold unto these as TRUTH!
I like to say I do not believe in denomination and separation of body of Christ, it makes Christianity looks weak in the eyes of people we are to convert and bring into Light. I have been to your Kingdom Hall, and it gave me so much peace especially because of orderliness of program; no noise and disruption, unlike mainstream churches like Pentecostals. I am not a JW, but I witness there is God and His name is Jehovah! In the book of Isaiah, God called us "Ye are my Witness" that I exist. I love this. I have been to several churches for worship and for research purposes. I will not tell you what I find. There is so much misconceptions and lies, and it is painful so many Nigerians take them as truth.

As for the guy I replied to, he put up an "attack question", asking if I actually understand what I wrote. I do understand what I wrote, and it is truth. Jesus never said he is equal in power, authority and position with his Father; he said he's one with Him because he abide in His Words, and did His Will. Sadly, the ignorant Christians twist it as saying, He is equal with God. I once read a theologian in the US who said it was Jehovah Himself who came from Heaven and that men crucified. I wept. The bad news? His book was voted the best book of the year.

Let me apologize for the misunderstanding. And what is the language JW members use that I don't understand? Although no denomination is perfect, I do not believe your denomination is a cult. But I don't belong to any Church; I belong to God! I am your brother in Christ! Peace

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
Rozz:
hmm
Janosky only moved fast to correct the language of Babylonians (none witness) spoke, but if he's a witness all he will do is ask Janosky one question and our brothers will know he's one of us!

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2020
fairheart:

Rozz, Janosky
You're right, I am not a JW. My grandmother was before she died, and I read a lot of Awake and Watch Tower growing up in my 20s; in fact, I have Witnesses who "like" to come to my place to discuss, I have JW friends as well. I love to use Jehovah in my prayers and pray to Him in the name of Jesus. I don't do this because JW taught me; I do it because Jehovah is God's personal name (as written in the Bible), and it appeals to me that JW emphasis on it in all their teachings. Jesus Himself NEVER told his disciples to pray to him, but to the Father, in his name. I considered and hold unto these as TRUTH!
I like to say I do not believe in denomination and separation of body of Christ, it makes Christianity looks weak in the eyes of people we are to convert and bring into Light. I have been to your Kingdom Hall, and it gave me so much peace especially because of orderliness of program; no noise and disruption, unlike mainstream churches like Pentecostals. I am not a JW, but I witness there is God and His name is Jehovah! In the book of Isaiah, God called us "Ye are my Witness" that I exist. I love this. I have been to several churches for worship and for research purposes. I will not tell you what I find. There is so much misconceptions and lies, and it is painful so many Nigerians take them as truth.

As for the guy I replied to, he put up an "attack question", asking if I actually understand what I wrote. I do understand what I wrote, and it is truth. Jesus never said he is equal in power, authority and position with his Father; he said he's one with Him because he abide in His Words, and did His Will. Sadly, the ignorant Christians twist it as saying, He is equal with God. I once read a theologian in the US who said it was Jehovah Himself who came from Heaven and that men crucified. I wept. The bad news? His book was voted the best book of the year.

Let me apologize for the misunderstanding. And what is the language JW members use that I don't understand? Although no denomination is perfect, I do not believe your denomination is a cult. But I don't belong to any Church; I belong to God! I am your brother in Christ! Peace

@bolded is one thing we can't explain to you Sir!

We really appreciate all you said about us and our God JEHOVAH but let me make one thing clear to you:- you are our neighbour NOT OUR BROTHER! smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by fairheart(m): 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
Maximus69:

Janosky only moved fast to correct the language of Babylonians (none witness) spoke, but if he's a witness all he will do is ask Janosky one question and our brothers will know he's one of us!

Don't do that! The way you're writing here, you are portraying JW as a cult, contrary to what's expected of you as a Witness! You are to speak plain and let all men understand you and your belief without intent to hide other things. Maybe the new generation of JW is changing things and becoming seclusive and reclusive? be open to all men, and let them know what you belief without holding back. If someone who doesn't know much about JW read the pattern of your words and the other guy, they would want to conclude JW is a cult. Don't portray it as such.

I quote JW organization to all people that it is perhaps the best Christian body on earth. Free books, no hammering on tithing, so committed to spreading the Gospel taking it home to home, street to street, as a habit. Emphasis on the coming Kingdom of God, etc. These are not your doctrines; they are truth. But JW is not perfect, as there is no perfect Church on earth!

I have defended JW so much that some people think I am a Witness. I was merely defending what is right and true.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by fairheart(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2020
Maximus69:

We really appreciate all you said about us and our God JEHOVAH but let me make one thing clear to you:- you are our neighbour NOT OUR BROTHER! smiley

grin grin
Don't get it twisted. Your neighbour is equally your brother/sister. Why? We all came from the same tree--Adam and Eve. We believe in the same Father, and in the same Son, albeit we see some things differently.
Don't let me teach you your own teachings and beliefs o grin grin grin.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2020
fairheart:

grin grin
Don't get it twisted. Your neighbour is equally your brother/sister. Why? We all came from the same tree--Adam and Eve. We believe in the same Father, and in the same Son, albeit we see some things differently.
where do you belong,which church do you attend
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2020
fairheart:

grin grin

You see what i said! smiley

That language is simple but you can't grasp it because you're not one of us.

So let me break it down for you our friend.

Neighbour ~ all Adam's descendants be it anywhere you come from, you are our neighbour! Mark 12:31

Brother ~ those with whom we share the same Faith, it could be from anywhere on planet earth {Romans 15:5-6;1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3; Philippians 2:2} we share the same line of thought so we are prepared to die for one another just as Jesus did for us! John 13:34-35 compare with Matthew 12:46-49

This is a top secret you won't hear from JWs, when we call you brother it's not from the bottom of our heart, you can only become our real brother the day you are baptised as a JW!

So calm down and learn the truth, we really appreciate you for what you're saying but truly speaking you're one of our neighbours NOT OUR BROTHER!

God bless you! smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by fairheart(m): 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
Okay. grin It doesn't really matter how you see anybody, even if you see them as stranger.
What matters is their relationship with God.
The views you outlined below doesn't go well with me, but IT DOESN'T MATTER. I am what I am! But I do understand you!

Maximus69:

You see what i said! smiley

That language is simple but you can't grasp it because you're not one of us.

So let me break it down for you our friend.

Neighbour ~ all Adam's descendants be it anywhere you come from, you are our neighbour! Mark 12:31

Brother ~ those with whom we share the same Faith, it could be from anywhere on planet earth, we share the same line of thought so we are prepared to die for one another just as Jesus did for us! John 13:34-35 compare with Matthew 12:46-49

This is a top secret you won't hear from JWs, when we call you brother it's not from the bottom of our heart, you can only become our real brother the day you are baptised as a JW!

So calm down and learn the truth, we really appreciate you for what you're saying but truly speaking you're one of our neighbours NOT OUR BROTHER!

God bless you! smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2020
Rozz:

Rozz! Rozz!! Rozz!!!
You're always beating my intelligence!
That's another spiritual language that we speak anywhere we go!
JWs always put the name of our God and and his Organization in front of anything we do! Mark 12:29-30

So if you're not proud to say I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, you've missed the first language we learn when you join us! smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
Maximus69:

Rozz! Rozz!! Rozz!!!
You're always beating my intelligence!
That's another spiritual language that we speak anywhere we go!
JWs always put the name of our God and and his Organization in front of anything we do! Mark 12:29-30

So if you're not proud to say I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, you've missed the first language we learn when you join us! smiley
i actually picked that from you here, I wanted to know if he's a jw
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2020
fairheart:
Okay. grin It doesn't really matter how you see anybody, even if you see them as stranger.
What matters is their relationship with God.
The views you outlined below doesn't go well with me, but IT DOESN'T MATTER. I am what I am! But I do understand you!

It matters most to our own brothers! Micah 4:5

God bless you Sir! smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by fairheart(m): 6:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
Does it matter the Church I attend or if I belong to any Church? Is it the gathering the congregation that matters or my way of life?
So dear, I hope I have answered your question cheesy cheesy cheesy
Rozz:

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by fairheart(m): 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2020
That is fine by me.
Maximus69:

It matters most to our own brothers! Micah 4:5

God bless you Sir! smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2020
Rozz:
i actually picked that from you here, I wanted to know if he's a jw

You can see that he became silent over that, so when i say he is not one of our brothers it may sound offensive but it's the first language we learn to speak!

We are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, none of our brothers should be ashamed of that heritage! smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by fairheart(m): 6:12pm On Jun 21, 2020
You are distancing yourself from your core belief. I did not become silent. I have said it clearly: I am not a JW member.
Mark 9: 40: Whoever is not against us is for us. That is Christ word, and His words is supreme above what you believe or say.
It is only a person who has inferiority complex that will be bothered by how other people sees him. Brother or neighbor, enemy or friend, it is fine by me.
Maximus69:

You can see that he became silent over that, so when i say he is not one of our brothers it may sound offensive but it's the first language we learn to speak!

We are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, none of our brothers should be ashamed of that heritage! smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 21, 2020
fairheart:

You are distancing yourself from your core belief. I did not become silent. I have said it clearly: I am not a JW member.
Mark 9: 40: Whoever is not against us is for us. That is Christ word, and His words is supreme above what you believe or say.
It is only a person who has inferiority complex that will be bothered by how other people sees him. Brother or neighbor, enemy or friend, it is fine by me.

I'm only impressing the JW language in the heart of my friend who wants to know the difference between JWs and all other religionists!

But as for the bolded, those who are truly for us will join us! Luke 18:18-23

We really appreciate your kind speech Sir! smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 21, 2020
JWs have two kinds of enemies!

Those who outrightly hate what is right and they're ever prepared to oppose it, and those who subtly oppose it but will praise it with their tongues! Matthew 15:8
So those who are truly for our Master will join his team NOT JUST PRAISING US WITH THEIR MOUTH!
Most of the people you see criticising and antagonizing us never intended to be like that from the beginning, they changed and joined the enemy forces because we told them the TRUTH "you're not one of us if you're not worshiping with us and living by our standards" that's what made most of them our enemies! undecided undecided undecided
fairheart:

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 21, 2020
Most people don't know that the case is far complicated than they're taking it!
smiley
TATIME:

Those who outrightly hate what is right and they're ever prepared to oppose it, and those who subtly oppose it but will praise it with their tongues! Matthew 15:8
So those who are truly for our Master will join his team NOT JUST PRAISING US WITH THEIR MOUTH!
Most of the people you see criticising and antagonizing us never intended to be like that from the beginning, they changed and joined the enemy forces because we told them the TRUTH "you're not one of us if you're not worshiping with us and living by our standards" that's what made most of them our enemies! undecided undecided undecided
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
fairheart:
Does it matter the Church I attend or if I belong to any Church? Is it the gathering the congregation that matters or my way of life?
So dear, I hope I have answered your question cheesy cheesy cheesy
maybe you are among those who doesn't practically worship but keep saying religion is a thing of the mind

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 21, 2020
Rozz:
maybe you are among those who doesn't practically worship but keep saying religion is a thing of the mind
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

One of those who love to praise what is good but can't make the needed sacrifice to be part of it! Matthew 10:34-39 compare to Matthew 13:4,19

2 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by fairheart(m): 8:16pm On Jun 21, 2020
TATIME:

Well, I will tell you what you don't know about human psychological development. There's a stage to every belief we hold. There's a stage that once we reached, NOTHING can take that belief from us, not even sickness or death. All the disciples of Christ reached this stage. Likewise, I have reached a stage where I cannot be told how to have my belief, or who to worship with, or who to excommunicate or hate, or who to validate. I am not an amateur Christian; I am a teacher of truth and admonish-er of God's Will, anywhere and any day. If you know the person behind this keyboard, you'd understand.

Also, I am not praising you, for I don't need your validation or seek to please you. Na! Did you read that I said my Grandmother was a JW? We are happy together despite our different approach of service to God. Some disciples of Christ held different views, and if you are truly a Bible student, you'd have known.

I have evolved beyond hating a fellow human being because of belief, no matter what they belief. God is the ultimate Judge, who knows our heart and its intent. Likewise, JW members are not the only worshiper of Jehovah God. DON"T EVER ASSUME JW MEMBERS ARE THE ONLY TRUE CHRISTIAN. Such view makes you heretic, and judgemental! When you think JW members are the only worshipers of God, you put yourself in the same position with Elijah, who thought he was the only one still serving God. God proved him wrong, because there are several other people who love God and are living to please Him.

I don't need to be a JW member to partake in the Plans of God for humanity. The criteria is laid out in the Bible, not in membership with JW, and that is enough!

I am not any sect's enemy, and LEST you become holier than thou kind of Christian, do not see anyone as unworthy or against you. ONLY GOD KNOWS HIS OWN!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by fairheart(m): 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2020
No! Worship and being religious are two different thing. And I am sure you know. I go to Church, but not just as you'd assume. What is worship? Define it, and we will take it from there.
Rozz:
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
fairheart:
No! Worship and being religious are two different thing. And I am sure you know. I go to Church, but not just as you'd assume. What is worship? Define it, and we will take it from there.
lets know your church first,i asked earlier

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (236) (Reply)

Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua / Phillip Frimpong Biography: Meet Carissa Sharon Oyakhilome's Husband To Be / 160 Names We Can Use To Worship God In The Beauty Of Holiness

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.