Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! (12916 Views)

Pictures Of Abandoned And Delapidated Street Telephone Booths. / Pictures Of Abandoned And Dilapidated Telephone-Booths In Abuja. / Pictures Of Abandoned And Delapidated Street Telephone Booths. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by jason123: 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2011
@ kalu akaun or Ezeuche,
Did you see how the "dirty" lagos was before "them" people came? I guess in your mind, you think its the yorubas that made it dirty. SMH at your stupidity.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by KaluAkanu: 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2011
jason123:

@ kalu akaun or Ezeuche,
Did you see how the "dirty" lagos was before "them" people came? I guess in your mind, you think its the yorubas that made it dirty. SMH at your stupidity.

When you say "them" people. Are you talking about all those poor Yorubas from Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo, Ogun, & Kwara state flocking to Lagos for a "better" life? I agree with you. That is why you find many of them as almajiri. Remember Igbos rather work, than beg and Igbos do not make up a majority of the population.

All I have to do is ask the people on the side of the road begging for money, what is their name, and 8 times out of 10, they are Yoruba. The other 2 times, the people are Hausa.

My mind sees Lagos as an over-glorified slum.

And SMH at your asinine statements I had to endure. Fake Itsekiri man.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by jason123: 3:45pm On Jan 21, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

When you say "them" people. Are you talking about all those poor Yorubas from Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun, & Kwara state flocking to Lagos for a "better" life? I agree with you. That is why you find many of them as almijiri.

All I have to do is ask the people on the side of the road begging for money, what is their name, and 8 times out of 10, they are Yoruba. The other 2 times, the people are Hausa.

My mind sees Lagos as an over-glorified slum.

No, I was referring to people like YOU!!!! The yorubas, Edos , some igbos and other groups were enjoying the "clean" lagos until people like you swampped the place and made it "dirty". Now, you are complaining. As I said earlier, SMH at your stupidity!
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by KaluAkanu: 3:47pm On Jan 21, 2011
jason123:

No, I was referring to people like YOU!!!! The yorubas, Edos , some igbos and other groups were enjoying the "clean" lagos until people like you swampped the place and made it "dirty". Now, you are complaining. As I said earlier, SMH at your stupidity!

People like me? LMAO  grin grin grin

Igbos are not known to be DIRTY. That term is referred to the people you sometimes like to claim.  Even the tiniest little Igbo village is a paradise compared to the slums of the South-West.

Mehn you are a big fool fake Itsekiri man. Your comments are so "elementary." The many times you made a big fool of yourself talking about things you do not know. And you have the audacity to talk about someone's supposed "stupidity." Learn to recognize greatness when it is staring at your face small boy.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by dempeople(m): 3:47pm On Jan 21, 2011
raycomray:

AS AN IBO MAN, I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN DISAPPOINTED BY THE WAY IBOS HANDLE LEADERSHIP. THAT "JUNGLE LIKE-SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST ATTITUDE" IS A PROBLEM WHICH WILL CONTINUE TO HUNT OUR CORPORATE EXISTENCE AND POLITICAL RELEVANCE IN NIGERIA AND BEYOND.

THE PROBLEM OF THE IBOS IS NOT WITH THE CIVIL WAR, HAUSA'S, YORUBA'S, ETC. LET US FOR ONCE DISCUSS ISSUES AND DISALLOW ETHNO-RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS FROM BECLOUDING OUR SENSE OF REASONING AND OBJECTIVITY. THE IBO NATION COULD ACHIEVE MORE EVEN WITHOUT OIL REVENUE IF WE ARE A BIT MORE ORGANIZED WITH A PURPOSEFUL SENSE OF LEADERSHIP.

THE GOVT OF ANAMBRA STATE SHOULD LOOK INWARDS VIA IGR( INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUES) AND LIFT NNEWI OUT OF THE DUNGEONS OF UNDERDEVELOPMENT. FURTHERMORE, THE SOUTHEAST "LEADERS OF THOUGHT" SHOULD COME TOGETHER TO DRAFT A 20-YEAR DEVELOPMENTAL PLAN FOR THE IBO NATION. MAYBE, OUR FUTURE LIES IN OUR HANDS AND NOT IN OIL REVENUE, HAUSA'S, YORUBA'S ETC

Nwanne, use smaller letters as using capitals is akin to shouting.

About the bolded, its rather easier said than done. Anambra's IGR which is about N12bn per annum coupled with its Federal Allocation which is among the lowest in the country, can't do much. I don't know whether you've seen the structural plans for Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka which were acquired by Obi from the UN Habitat (I could send them to you if you want it). Peter Obi was lamenting sometime ago - and I quite agree with him, that the problem with Anambra state is that no city within the state was planned. Look at Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi and you'll see what he meant.

Again, how do you start implementing the plans where you also have to be thinking of hefty compensations for affected house owners and also, the cost of demolishing those structures? Start thinking along those lines and you'll imagine quite easily, the enormous tasks facing the government.

I've thoroughly gone through the plans and I could categorically say that Obi has a well focused vision for the state but this vision is severely limited by funds. State resource control is paramount to the implementation of those plans. IGR isn't quite enough. The cost of implementation is estimated at between N1trn and N1.3trn.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by jason123: 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

People like me? LMAO  grin grin grin

Igbos are not known to be DIRTY. That term is referred to the people you sometimes like to claim.  Even the tiniest little Igbo village is a paradise compared to the slums of the South-West.

Mehn you are a big fool fake Itsekiri man. Your comments are so "elementary." The many times you made a big fool of yourself talking about things you do not know. And you have the audacity to talk about someone's supposed "stupidity." Learn to recognize greatness when it is staring at your face small boy.

All I would say is, " I hope people like you would not suffer for what you say". It's such a shame that the SW accommodates people like you.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by KaluAkanu: 4:01pm On Jan 21, 2011
jason123:

All I would say is, " I hope people like you would not suffer for what you say". It's such a shame that the SW accommodates people like you.

Accommodate people like me? We survive on our own. And what will they do? If they start any wahala and we will put hot peppa on that arse.

Hold your tongue boy, because I am a very unforgiving individual Mr. Fake Itsekiri Man. Someone needs to slap some sense into you, because all you do is spew rubbish and more rubbish.

Oh I forgot, Lagos is filled with rubbish, just like Ibadan, Ogbomosho etc.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by NwaNnewi: 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2011
First, permit me to suggest that you are not Igbo. I have my reasons and you can try to disprove my suspicions.
Secondly, why does everything have to immediately go back to civil war and Biafra for non-Igbos? You appear to be more traumatized by that just war than the people who bore the brunt of the war. There's something pathological about this curious trend and should give Igbos a reason to be very proud. Where did you get the idea that Igbos are looking to Yorubas/Hausas/Efiks/, for salvation? Total fallacy! The country is just unlucky to have been run into the dungeon by dim-witted incompetents from elsewhere but Igboland. They need to take credit for their incompetence. Don't blame Igbos for staying out of the mess these misfits have made of the country for over 40 years. The Igbo have a saying that the child who wants to keep his parents awake must himself stay awake. How well are you, as an individual doing in this your non-Igbo lead system? Let's stop letting them blow smoke into our brains.

Politics is a game of survival of the fittest in every country or locale. It is not something Igbos are uniquely cursed with. Question: who killed Bola Ige and why? He is not Igbo and neither is/are his killer(s), you know. What is happening in Igbo states politically that is not happening elsewhere? Let's stop fooling ourselves and refusing to look at facts. Facts are stubborn.

It will be helpful if a lot of commentators actually know something about the topics they are commenting on, not just having a verbal vomit. Peter Obi is doing wonders with the little he gets from the Fed govt and you don't hear him complaining. He has put in place and still improving a very effective tool for collecting IGR. I need to know what you based your suggestion that he needs to do that on. None of this should excuse the Fed's lax on the matter of strategic investments which is the original topic we've strayed from.

raycomray:

AS AN IBO MAN, I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN DISAPPOINTED BY THE WAY IBOS HANDLE LEADERSHIP. THAT "JUNGLE LIKE-SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST ATTITUDE" IS A PROBLEM WHICH WILL CONTINUE TO HUNT OUR CORPORATE EXISTENCE AND POLITICAL RELEVANCE IN NIGERIA AND BEYOND.

THE PROBLEM OF THE IBOS IS NOT WITH THE CIVIL WAR, HAUSA'S, YORUBA'S, ETC. LET US FOR ONCE DISCUSS ISSUES AND DISALLOW ETHNO-RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS FROM BECLOUDING OUR SENSE OF REASONING AND OBJECTIVITY. THE IBO NATION COULD ACHIEVE MORE EVEN WITHOUT OIL REVENUE IF WE ARE A BIT MORE ORGANIZED WITH A PURPOSEFUL SENSE OF LEADERSHIP.

THE GOVT OF ANAMBRA STATE SHOULD LOOK INWARDS VIA IGR( INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUES) AND LIFT NNEWI OUT OF THE DUNGEONS OF UNDERDEVELOPMENT. FURTHERMORE, THE SOUTHEAST "LEADERS OF THOUGHT" SHOULD COME TOGETHER TO DRAFT A 20-YEAR DEVELOPMENTAL PLAN FOR THE IBO NATION. MAYBE, OUR FUTURE LIES IN OUR HANDS AND NOT IN OIL REVENUE, HAUSA'S, YORUBA'S ETC
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by NwaNnewi: 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

People like me? LMAO grin grin grin

Igbos are not known to be DIRTY. That term is referred to the people you sometimes like to claim. Even the tiniest little Igbo village is a paradise compared to the slums of the South-West.

Akanu my brother,
Why look for the living among the dead? Please leave the dead to bury their own dead. Come away to the serious topic about infrastructure and strategic investments that the fed govt should be focusing on. Let the children play in their ethno-political sandbox of blissful ignorance. Come, lest they put "durty" for your clothes.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by jason123: 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2011
@ Kanu akalu
I initially chose to ignore you but now that i see that your fellow igbo animals are supporting you, it makes me think that you all think the same way.
Now, I know you are akeatean* or whatever, you posted a picture of Lagos in the 60's and 70's. Tell me, how were those pictures compared to what you see now? You igbo beasts are the ones destroying everything in Nigeria as a whole. Why is it that everywhere you go, there would be trouble? From the first civil war to the first coup, from the betrayal of the south by azikwe to making Nigeria a federal republic by ironsi. Now, things are not going your own way, you are all chatting crap. Even south-southerners know who you all are.

CONCLUSION: The Igbos should understand that the crisis facing the South today was
directly or remotely caused by them. But because their leaders had not been sincere to them,
they have continuously propagated the lie that the West is responsible for their problem. A few
facts should illuminate this:
1. In 1957, the North threatened to secede if independence was granted to Nigeria because
they were not ready. Zik, was supposed to have reached an understanding with Awo to
let the North go. But to Awo’s consternation, Zik formed an alliance with the North which
succeeded in delaying independence and allowed the North to get ready.
2. In 1966, a group of young Igbo officers planned a coup that killed only non-Igbo
The Igbo Page 3 of 4
http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/iarticles/igbo.htm 7/18/2008
politicians. Included among the politicians was Ahmadu Bello who was a god-like figure
to the Northerners. Before you could say Jihad, all the Sabongaris were on fire and the
pogrom that would lead to the civil war has started,
3. Instead of trying to seek immediate political solution to the crisis, the Igbos declared
Biafra. They war lasted for 30 months. The Igbos lost everything. The Hausa-Fulani
oligarchy took this defeat of Biafra as the conquest of the South. Since then, they have
transformed the privilege of leadership into that of a birthright and they have used it not
only to stunt the growth of the South but also to subject their people to a state of
perpetual servitude and feudalistic iniquities.
I stand to be corrected.
The Igbo Page 4 of 4
http://nigerdeltaworldcongress.org/articles/igbo.pdf

I rest my case. Idiots! Always blaming other people for their failures.

1 Like

Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by KaluAkanu: 5:31pm On Jan 21, 2011
^^^

And this negro had the nerve to say he isn't a tribalist. Who is he trying to fool?

What makes things worse, is that he tried to label Abagworo as a tribalist. And as we all know, Abagworo is one of the most liberal Igbos on Nairaland besides ChinenyeN who like to go against the militant Igbo approach.

Jason you definitely need to improve your reasoning skills. Anyone who reads your comments on this thread, can see you are a big fool.

WTF does that information have to do with this thread that you just posted? This mumu is pulling things out of his arse as well.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by jason123: 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

^^^

And this negro had the nerve to say he isn't a tribalist. Who is he trying to fool?

What makes things worse, he tried to say Abagworo was a tribalist. And as we all know, Abagworo is one of the most liberal Igbos on Nairaland besides ChinenyeN who like to go against Igbo interest.

Jason you definitely need to improve your reasoning skills. Anyone who read your comments on this thread, can see you are a big fool.

Mr. igbo supremacist, if you call me a tribalist for replying your likes then so be it, okay? Like I care about what you think. I never said Abagworo was a tribalist instead, I said he was and is respected by me. Btw, you are the fool. You cannot keep chatting crap and expect people not to react whether you change your username or not if you chat crap, people would react. I would not derail this topic any longer. I apologise to the sensible igbos here.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by NwaNnewi: 5:53pm On Jan 21, 2011
You should attend to your anger issues. Other than that, your shallowness is made all the m ore obvious when the sources you quote to buttress your "argument" is another misinformed individual opinion. It is called indoctrination. Indoctrination is the easiest way to pass down fear and hatred steeped in ignorance. END OF LECTURE

Question for you NigerDeltan well-to-do Naija minority Naija: how are you faring in the federation that you so love and so loves you? I hope they can love all the anger and self-hate away from your soul. You are burning up, my brother. Watch the thermometer before you overheat. I think you'll do better continuing to "ignore" senior jokes. You guys never cease to amaze me when you go kissing up and thinking you want to be Yoruba and they continually use you and your people to wipe the bottom of the greasy pot called Nigeria. Your land is literally soaked in oil, your people go up in smoke at the slightest sight of flame. You have people running around with dirty towels wrapped around their ugly faces pretending to be "fighting" for you. Your environment is in total destruction for ages to come. So, you get a lionshare fed allocation, what has that bought for you?

You are in shambles! Sabo! That's your payback! Stop looking for people to balme, you yellowbellies! Coming here to drench our trousers in your stinking tears is a waste of your fake emotions. Save it for your Hausa-Fulani/Yoruba sweethearts.

Don't you wish you stood up for what was right when the time was right? It's not too late to do the right thing but you have to be smart.

jason123:

@ Kanu akalu
I initially chose to ignore you but now that i see that your fellow igbo animals are supporting you, it makes me think that you all think the same way.
Now, I know you are akeatean* or whatever, you posted a picture of Lagos in the 60's and 70's. Tell me, how were those pictures compared to what you see now? You igbo beasts are the ones destroying everything in Nigeria as a whole. Why is it that everywhere you go, there would be trouble? From the first civil war to the first coup, from the betrayal of the south by azikwe to making Nigeria a federal republic by ironsi. Now, things are not going your own way, you are all chatting crap. Even south-southerners know who you all are.

CONCLUSION: The Igbos should understand that the crisis facing the South today was
directly or remotely caused by them. [blah blah blah, showing only anger and ignorance, ].
2. In 1966, a group of young Igbo officers planned a coup that killed only non-Igbo
The Igbo Page 3 of 4
[more silly blah blah blah, showing only anger and ignorance, ].

3. Instead of trying to seek immediate political solution to the crisis, the Igbos declared
Biafra. They war lasted for 30 months. The Igbos lost everything. The Hausa-Fulani
oligarchy took this defeat of Biafra as the conquest of the South. Since then, they have
transformed the privilege of leadership into that of a birthright and they have used it not
only to stunt the growth of the South but also to subject their people to a state of
I stand to be corrected.
The Igbo Page 4 of 4

jason123:

@ Kanu akalu

directly or remotely caused by them. But because their leaders had not been sincere to them,
they have continuously propagated the lie that the West is responsible for their problem. A few
facts should illuminate this:
1. In 1957, the North threatened to secede if independence was granted to Nigeria because
they were not ready. Zik, was supposed to have reached an understanding with Awo to
let the North go. But to Awo’s consternation, Zik formed an alliance with the North which
succeeded in delaying independence and allowed the North to get ready.
The Igbo Page 3 of 4
politicians. Included among the politicians was Ahmadu Bello who was a god-like figure
to the Northerners. Before you could say Jihad, all the Sabongaris were on fire and the
pogrom that would lead to the civil war has started,
I stand to be corrected.
The Igbo Page 4 of 4

Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by KaluAkanu: 5:54pm On Jan 21, 2011
jason123:

Mr. igbo supremacist, if you call me a tribalist for replying your likes then so be it, okay? Like I care about what you think. I never said Abagworo was a tribalist instead, I said he was and is respected by me. Btw, you are the fool. You cannot keep chatting crap and expect people not to react whether you change your username or not if you chat crap, people would react. I would not derail this topic any longer. I apologise to the sensible igbos here.

I am an Igboist. Lets get that straight. And you and one of your Yoruba brethren ruined this thread by inserting the glorified slum, Lagos.

And now you want to run? It is not that easy you fool. Look at how you blame the Igbo for Lagos ails, and now you are trying to run when faced with the cold hard facts. Negro give us a break. You are a punk. I have endure your tribal bantings for far too long. Enough is enough with that crap.

You start something, I am going to finish it for you. No mercy for cowards like you. If you mention my people again in any derogatory manner, you will be mocked with EXTREME PREJUDICE. You hear me? Did I make myself clear to you mumu?

As long as you don't mention the Ndi Igbo with a disparaging remarks, you will not have a problem with me, because I am a fair man.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by jason123: 6:07pm On Jan 21, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

I am an Igboist. Lets get that straight. And you and one of your Yoruba brethren ruined this thread by inserting the glorified slum, Lagos.

And now you want to run? It is not that easy you fool. Look at how you blame the Igbo for Lagos ails, and now you are trying to run when faced with the cold hard facts. Negro give us a break. You are a punk. I have endure your tribal bantings for far too long. Enough is enough with that crap.

You start something, I am going to finish it for you. No mercy for cowards like you. If you mention my people again in any derogatory manner, you will be mocked with EXTREME PREJUDICE. You hear me? Did I make myself clear to you mumu?

As long as you don't mention the Ndi Igbo with a disparaging remarks, you will not have a problem with me, because I am a fair man.

LOL!!! ME? RUN grin grin grin grin.Abeg no kill me oo!

Everyone in Nigeria know you guys are the biggest cowards and Navfam (fulani) confirmed it. Is it MEND that is cowardly or Fajuyi that died with a fellow igbo man that is a coward? Or ojukwu that ran away? Abeg, no kill me with laughter! I said I would not derail or disrespect the sensible igbos. This is my last post.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by KaluAkanu: 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2011
jason123:

LOL!!! ME? RUN grin grin grin grin.Abeg no kill me oo!

Everyone in Nigeria know you guys are the biggest cowards and Navfam (fulani) confirmed it. Is it MEND that is cowardly or Fajuyi that died with a fellow igbo man that is a coward? Or ojukwu that ran away? Abeg, no kill me with laughter! I said I would not derail or disrespect the sensible igbos. This is my last post.

A Yoruba man calling an Igbo man a coward? I dey laugh o! Some things continue to amaze me.

Say that to an Igbo man's face. He would put hot peppa on dat arse.

Your Yorubaness is showing brightly. We all know you guys talk the most, but don't do crap.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by tellwisdom: 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2011
who cares[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by komando7(m): 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2011
Nnewi roads are in a shambles because of marginalization of Ndigbo.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by jason123: 6:30pm On Jan 21, 2011
komando7:

Nnewi roads are in a shambles[b] because of marginalization of Ndigbo.[/b]

HOW??
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by komando7(m): 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2011
@ jason123
My broda you would'nt understand. We Igbos have suffered, all because we are very industrous and hardworking.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by jason123: 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2011
komando7:

@ jason123
My broda you would'nt understand. We Igbos have suffered, all because we are very industrous and hardworking.

Try me. I know igbos are hardworking and all but I do not understand the marginalisation bit . . . . maybe politically to some extent.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by komando7(m): 6:47pm On Jan 21, 2011
@ jason123
Ok lool at our Niger bridge, it is in great danger from all the pressure heaped on it by the trucks of the ever busy Igbo businessmen, but government would'nt even fix it. All they do is to promise to fix it every four years. The last time they did'nt hear our voice over 60 people died in the Onitsha Enugu express way, an abandoned fedral road. It was only after that that the govt decided to fix the road. I wonder what they are waiting for to fix the bridge. A collapse of that bridge will not only cut the South East off from the rest of the country, it could claim many lives. But God should touch their hearts to fix it or build a second bridge to reduce the pressure. Amen.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by jason123: 6:53pm On Jan 21, 2011
komando7:

@ jason123
Ok lool at our Niger bridge, it is in great danger from all the pressure heaped on it by the trucks of the ever busy Igbo businessmen, but government would'nt even fix it. All they do is to promise to fix it every four years. The last time they did'nt hear our voice over 60 people died in the Onitsha Enugu express way, an abandoned fedral road. It was only after that that the govt decided to fix the road. I wonder what they are waiting for to fix the bridge. A collapse of that bridge will not only cut the South East off from the rest of the country, it could claim many lives. But God should touch their hearts to fix it or build a second bridge to reduce the pressure. Amen.

Okay, I get what you mean now. But you also have to remember that the benin-ore* is in bad too. It also claims lives every week or month. But I understand where you are coming from and I know you that you are not even giving me the full story about the true extent of the marginalisation. May GOD be with you and the Ndigbo. Amen. Btw, you are one of the igbos on this forum that I respect.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by babapupa: 7:14pm On Jan 21, 2011
Abagworo:

I would want to believe that you are not calling Lagos Yorubaland.

I would want to believe that you are not an ignorant and a clueless illiterate, but you obviosly are.

Next,
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by Afam4eva(m): 7:18pm On Jan 21, 2011
See the way these uneducated tribalist just derailed this thread.

My own is that the problem with Nnewi and other Igbo cities is the fault of not only the federal government but also Igbos. Since Igbos have seen that the government on top don't want anything good to happen in the east All they have to do is build it themselves. The people that are supposed to lead the way like someone pointed out are the big business people like Cosmas, ABC Orjiakor etc. But selfishness will not let them develop their hoem towns. They just want to gather as many wealth as they can and every other thing can go to hell.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by komando7(m): 7:42pm On Jan 21, 2011
Jason123
I respect your ability to take a brake and listen to the plight of other people. Greatness is made of such character. Please keep it up, you may go places.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by jason123: 7:53pm On Jan 21, 2011
komando7:

Jason123
I respect your ability to take a brake and listen to the plight of other people. Greatness is made of such character. Please keep it up, you may go places.
Amen and thank you!
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by babapupa: 7:55pm On Jan 21, 2011
afam4eva:

See the way these uneducated tribalist just derailed this thread.

My own is that the problem with Nnewi and other Igbo cities is the fault of not only the federal government but also Igbos. Since Igbos have seen that the government on top don't want anything good to happen in the east All they have to do is build it themselves. The people that are supposed to lead the way like someone pointed out are the big business people like Cosmas, ABC Orjiakor etc. But selfishness will not let them develop their hoem towns. They just want to gather as many wealth as they can and every other thing can go to hell.

This is the kind of ignorant talk and belief system that's killing you people, your elected and appointed leaders from Zik to ekweme and so many federal ministers, senators, lawmakers, federal agency directors, ruling party leaders are all part of the same federal governmen, they were all elected and appointed to look out for you and your interests. You also have state and local leaders from governors to local council leaders.

They are all called leaders for a reason, to lead and direct federal government attention and resources to their people back home, that's their job. Stop blaming some invicible federal governmen for obvious dereliction of duty and lack of concern for their ow people.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by omongbatim: 8:19pm On Jan 21, 2011
babapupa:

This is the kind of ignorant talk and belief system that's killing you people, your elected and appointed leaders from Zik to ekweme and so many federal ministers, senators, lawmakers, federal agency directors, ruling party leaders are all part of the same federal governmen, they were all elected and appointed to look out for you and your interests. You also have state and local leaders from governors to local council leaders.

They are all called leaders for a reason, to lead and direct federal government attention and resources to their people back home,  that's their job. Stop blaming some invicible federal governmen for obvious dereliction of duty and lack of concern for their ow people.

So what have your own elected leaders done for their people since Awo died?
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by Afam4eva(m): 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2011
The fund that's at the disposal of the south-east governors is minute and can not be used to execute projects like that. That's why i always insist that they involve the business people in those states.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by aljharem(m): 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2011
omongbatim:

So what have your own elected leaders done for their people since Awo died?

sorry omongbatim, i do not think you were thinking when you said that undecided

ask your family members in lagos how fashola as done lagos undecided.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,hmmmm
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by ekubear1: 11:04pm On Jan 21, 2011
I generally like @Abagworo's posts a lot, he is one of the sharper and more perceptive folks here.

But on the issue of whether Lagos is Yorubaland. . . I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 / Inauguration Of Makarfi PDP Zoning Committee For August Convention / Onnoghen: Why We Blamed SW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.