Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! (12919 Views)

Pictures Of Abandoned And Delapidated Street Telephone Booths. / Pictures Of Abandoned And Dilapidated Telephone-Booths In Abuja. / Pictures Of Abandoned And Delapidated Street Telephone Booths. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by EkoIle1: 3:07am On Jan 20, 2011
omongbatim:

Eko ile=Babapupa
Your brothers in yanky are paying taxes to develop that place.

Take away Lagos (owned 99% by Igbos), Nnewi, bad as it may be, is better than all your towns put together

Seriously, do you people really believe the nonsense?

Do you even know the meaning of 90%, lmao

See why I question you people's sanity?
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by omongbatim: 3:09am On Jan 20, 2011
^^^^^
Did they finally ban you as babapupa? lol
Yes Igbos own Lagos. Go jump into Lekki Lagoon.
Just mention one Yoruba town (minus Lagos which is 99% Igbo-owned) that is better than Nnewi
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by EkoIle1: 3:12am On Jan 20, 2011
omongbatim:

^^^^^
Did they finally ban you as babapupa? lol
Yes Igbos own Lagos. Go jump into Lekki Lagoon.
Just mention one Yoruba town (minus Lagos which is 99% Igbo-owned) that is better than Nnewi

Why jump because some insane ignorant ibo boy dey yarn delusions, lmao.

Keep quiet jare.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by KaluAkanu: 3:14am On Jan 20, 2011
Lagos is just a giant slum. There is nothing appealing about that city, except for Victoria Island. Everything else is just trash. Enugu looks a lot better than Lagos is you ask me. Such a picturesque town. A tropical paradise compared to that overgrown slum Lagos.

Any Igbo who prefers that slum needs their head examined.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by EkoIle1: 3:39am On Jan 20, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

Lagos is just a giant slum. There is nothing appealing about that city, except for Victoria Island. Everything else is just trash. Enugu looks a lot better than Lagos is you ask me. Such a picturesque town. [b]A tropical paradise [/b]compared to that overgrown slum Lagos.

Any Igbo who prefers that slum needs their head examined.

I don hear it all. dis won do carry chest beating enter another level, lmao.

You people need serious psychiatry evaluation I swear.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by step1: 3:46am On Jan 20, 2011
angry lipsrsealed
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by KaluAkanu: 4:05am On Jan 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

I  don hear it all. dis won do carry chest beating enter another level, lmao. 

You people need serious psychiatry evaluation I swear.

Well if you come to the East, then you would know what many of us are talking about. I have yet to see a city in the South-West or North that is better than the least among the Igbo cities. Lagos and Abuja are the only exceptions and even Lagos is nothing to brag about, because it is a big slum except for a few select areas.

Enugu is the best city in Nigeria. Followed by beautiful Calabar.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by udezue(m): 4:49am On Jan 20, 2011
Eko Ile, I am not from Enugu but I was born and bred in that town. Listen buddy, Lagos like they said is nothing but a slum except for Victoria Island and areas inhabited by the rich and foreigners. I used to visit the chaotic town and there was nothin appealing from Mafoluku to Oshodi. The place is nothing but a glorified jungle. Everytime I came back to Enugu I came back to civility.

Guys please carry on. I am pleased.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by EkoIle1: 4:54am On Jan 20, 2011
You people are entitled to what ever delusions and stupidity wey make ya akpu taste better,
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by omongbatim: 5:00am On Jan 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

You people are entitled to what ever delusions and stupidity wey make ya akpu taste better,

Babapupa, haven't you drowned in Lekki lagoon yet?
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by EkoIle1: 5:07am On Jan 20, 2011
I don jump since now, you blind? Ode.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by Onlytruth(m): 8:14am On Jan 20, 2011
Isn't it baffling to see a character like Eko -ileole (babapupagoat) always butting into Igbo affairs?
How is Nnewi threatening him now?

Well, i think I can figure out the reason.

Most of the business men in Nnewi used to base completely in Lagos before they moved to the east. In fact I am yet to see a Lagos based Nnewi business man worth his onions that does not have a base in Nnewi, from Coscharis group to Innoson auto plant, to Ekene dili chukwu. I know that certain goods are only sourced in Nnewi.

In those cases, the business men import their goods through Lagos ports, and haul it to the east.

When they sell it, they add all the fees -cost of haulage, bribes shared to all thieves along the Lagos -Onitsha -Nnewi route etc. + profit of course.
So, in essence, the town's businessmen are an excellent example of how to plan your future as an Igboman in Nigeria.

These are things that I expect our SE governors to understand, and explain it to their SS counterparts so that we can move our economy eastwards gradually but steadily.

No one will do this for us. In some ways, those at the center might even sabotage it, hence the total neglect the town has been facing.

The question is, do SE governors understand this? 

Waiting for federal support is a futile idea.

My proposed solution: Use the existing city masterplans; create a regional masterplan, and implement them piecemeal.

YES WE CAN!  cool
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by Abagworo(m): 9:24am On Jan 20, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

Well if you come to the East, then you would know what many of us are talking about. I have yet to see a city in the South-West or North that is better than the least among the Igbo cities. Lagos and Abuja are the only exceptions and even Lagos is nothing to brag about, because it is a big slum except for a few select areas.

Enugu is the best city in Nigeria. Followed by beautiful Calabar.

@bolded.I beg to disagree.There is no basis of comparison between Calabar and any other Nigerian city.Enugu is good but not to be compared with Calabar.

C-call

A-at

L-last

A-and

B-be

A-at

R-rest
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by mmadinobi: 1:51pm On Jan 20, 2011
i am enjoying this thread until this Eko Ile or what never his name is came in. Please my people i want you know how to ignore fools in this nl.
Continue with the discussion i am enjoying it.
Udo Diri Unu
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by KaluAkanu: 2:38pm On Jan 20, 2011
Abagworo:

@bolded.I beg to disagree.There is no basis of comparison between Calabar and any other Nigerian city.Enugu is good but not to be compared with Calabar.

C-call

A-at

L-last

A-and

B-be

A-at

R-rest

I am coming from an aesthetics point of view. Enugu is picturesque, but so is Calabar. Jos used to be like that, I hear, but that has changed now with this new cycle of violence.

Plus, I think you are talking about it from a commercial/economic point of view.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by Mobinga: 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

I am coming from an aesthetics point of view. Enugu is picturesque, but so is Calabar. Jos used to be like that, I hear, but that has changed now with this new cycle of violence.

Plus, I think you are talking about it from a commercial/economic point of view.
@Eze Uche, welcome back
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by KaluAkanu: 2:54pm On Jan 20, 2011
Mobinga:

@Eze Uche, welcome back

grin grin grin

My focus on Calabar gave me away?

It was funny how people were labeling everyone EzeUche. The only two names that I were was Omenani and Ochi_Agha. The other names, I do not know who they were.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by Mobinga: 3:00pm On Jan 20, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

grin grin grin

It was funny how people were labeling everyone EzeUche. The only two names that I were was Omenani and Ochi_Agha. The other names, I do not know who they were.

LIE!!! grin grin
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by KaluAkanu: 3:05pm On Jan 20, 2011
Mobinga:

LIE!!! grin grin

Am serious o! grin angry grin
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by bkbabe97y(m): 3:27pm On Jan 20, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

grin grin grin

It was funny how people were labeling everyone EzeUche. The only two names that I were was Omenani and Ochi_Agha. [/b]The other names, I do not know who they were.

udezue:

Eko Ile, [b]I am not from Enugu but I was born and bred in that town.
Listen buddy, Lagos like they said is nothing but a slum except for Victoria Island and areas inhabited by the rich and foreigners. I used to visit the chaotic town and there was nothin appealing from Mafoluku to Oshodi. The place is nothing but a glorified jungle. Everytime I came back to Enugu I came back to civility.

Guys please carry on. I am pleased.

Yall nuts! How can u be born and raised in a town and[b] NOT[/b] be from there?

BTW: I JUST LOST ALL RESPECT FOR YOU BECAUSE IVE REALIZED THAT YOURE  JUST AS EVIL AND DEVILISH AS THE REST OF YOUR KIN;YOU ARE A FREAKING BOLD-FACED LIAR! REMEMBER WHEN I/OTHERS ALL SAID OCHI-AGHA WAS EZEUCHE? WHAT WAS YOUR REPLY? YOU CLAIMED TO KNOW OCHI AGHA IN REAL LIFE AND THAT HE WASNT EZEUCHE!

WELL, YOURE IBO, SO I GUESS NO SURPRISES THERE. . . . . .

Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by fstranger1: 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

Am serious o! grin angry grin

SUp Akatabian?
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by udezue(m): 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Yall nuts! How can u be born and raised in a town and[b] NOT[/b] be from there?

BTW: I JUST LOST ALL RESPECT FOR YOU BECAUSE IVE REALIZED THAT YOURE JUST AS EVIL AND DEVILISH AS THE REST OF YOUR KIN;YOU ARE A FREAKING BOLD-FACED LIAR! REMEMBER WHEN I/OTHERS ALL SAID OCHI-AGHA WAS EZEUCHE? WHAT WAS YOUR REPLY? YOU CLAIMED TO KNOW OCHI AGHA IN REAL LIFE AND THAT HE WASNT EZEUCHE!

WELL, YOURE IBO, SO I GUESS NO SURPRISES THERE. . . . . .

Should I reply this dunce or just ignore him? Agh!! Let me just ignore him jare. Humans don't interact with wild animals. tongue
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by udezue(m): 4:27pm On Jan 20, 2011
Kalu Akanu,

I kinda suspected you were Omenani but Ochi Agha I had no clue. EzeUche its like you toned down your militant rhetoric even with grin Omenani.

Alright to prove that you are EzeUche, what is "Nsido mfina nfo?"
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by Kilode1: 4:40pm On Jan 20, 2011
fstranger1:

SUp Akatabian?

ROFL
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by Fhemmmy: 4:46pm On Jan 20, 2011
I would advice that some pics of before and after be posted
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by mrperfect(m): 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2011
May be publicity like this will call Government attention to it.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by lokya(f): 5:26pm On Jan 20, 2011
I agree with the poster. My parents Told me they They once stayed in the military barracks at nnewi that was long before we were given birth to. For me i expect the place to be a city
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2011
Igbo kwenu!!!!
we will survive! irrespective of the unengaging an elusional governor forced upon us! pls we should just do our best and put all those tribalistic, ethnocentric naive peeps who waste their time criticizing us,
if the SE governs keep disappointing us then let us follow the way of tunisia they have set the pace for all coutries in the world
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by KaluAkanu: 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2011
udezue:

Kalu Akanu,

I kinda suspected you were Omenani but Ochi Agha I had no clue. EzeUche its like you toned down your militant rhetoric even with grin Omenani.

Alright to prove that you are EzeUche, what is "Nsido mfina nfo?"

Aba die? Idahe ake speak Ibibio? I am impressed. And correct structure sentence struggle.

I had to tone it down, just a little bit. I want to foster Eastern unity. And plus GEJ has won me over.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by kliffo(m): 6:12pm On Jan 20, 2011
Am not sure that the poster actually travelled to Nnewi. I have just come back from Nnewi, and there has been a massive
reconstruction of roads in Nnewi. The Dame Etiaba government awarded contracts for the reconstruction of more than 10
roads in Nnewi. Peter Obi saw to the completion of these roads. Awka has not benefited as much as Nnewi has in road Construction
in this administration. I however concede that there has not been much investment in other critical infrastructure needed in a
developing rural center like Nnewi.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by KaluAkanu: 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2011
Nnewi is not the only city in Alaigbo that needs massive infrastructure investment. I actually feel Aba needs the most investment out of all Igbo cities. For such a large commercial town, its true potential hasn't been harnessed.
Re: Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! by kcjazz(m): 7:10pm On Jan 20, 2011
In all these, any idea what role the business people have played for an issue such as the roads. In all my life I have never seen so much okada bikes in one place than Nnewi, they even have nice Okada showrooms. I expect them to come together and help with the roads or lobby the government to help with those since good roads mean good business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate / Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Plateau Killings - SaharaReporters / BUHARI'S Pension Details Released By Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.