Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,040 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures (77773 Views)

First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria / Boko Haram Captures & Destroys Armed Personnel Carrier Newly Acquired By Army / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Project On Course For Delivery As Scheduled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Golan007: 9:03pm On May 28, 2020
babestella:

I’m waiting to see what you’ve created to help your country. We have everything that could enable you create something, show me what you have created and show me how many the FG have purchased from you.
You talk about being patriotic? Don’t be a joke bro, the country is not even patriotic you get citizens, can’t provide basic electricity, water and security, not even good roads, you looking for someone who is patriotic to a divisive, polarized country run by wicked donkeys who never want to see others exist or survive. Abeg shift.

I'm not the one complaining, you are.

I asked you to explain your own failures but you can't other than give excuses.

The same excuses you give for yourself are tenable for the nation.

You are how quickly, you've thrown it to others being unpatriotic whilst it is evident you aren't patriotic yourself.

Nigerians and complaints are inseparable .

It is always some other person's fault not yours.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by marvin906(m): 9:03pm On May 28, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

the simple fact that the F22 is 5 times faster means that they will reach BH boys before they disappear into the Sambisa forest...

after reaching them.what will you do
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Femeto: 9:07pm On May 28, 2020
Something wey dem 1 give Boko boys.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:07pm On May 28, 2020
marvin906:
after reaching them.what will you do

what else but blast them into chicken feed?! didnt you see the big missiles attached to these jets?
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Reference(m): 9:07pm On May 28, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

the simple fact that the F22 is 5 times faster means that they will reach BH boys before they disappear into the Sambisa forest...

The F-22 is an air superiority fighter meaning it is primarily designed to kill other fighters. This is does by stealth, an extraordinarily powerful radar that enables it engage and destroy enemy planes well beyond their own missile capabilities. It can engage targets up to 150 kilometres, further than any fighter today.

What makes a good jet fighter makes a poor ground attack aircraft. Ground attack means that your primary enemy is on the ground. If your enemy is not a missile battery equiped with radar the F-22 will never detect you at the speed it and the minimum altitude it operates. You need an aircraft that is slow enough to recon and spot highly mobile targets such as infantry. This is where the Tucano excels.

The best ground attack aircraft in the world today is the Fairchild A-10 Warthog. But even that plane's strong point is against armour like battle tanks not even infantry. By the way the plane is over 40 years old in service and the technology is becoming obsolete. The US will not even sell to us anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by kamikaze01(m): 9:09pm On May 28, 2020
Reference:
Nice. But I seriously doubt if those munitions will be sold to us by the US and most are quite frankly useless for the present operations in the North East.

I can see JDAM's, Paveway Smarts, Snakeyes even laser opticals.... against what will you use these. Boko Haram is not a conventional army, they have no armoured vehicles neither do they have fixed installations like command and control centres and bunkers. The only useful munitions there are the rockets perhaps against their battle wagons.

If cluster hombs were not banned that will be the perfect air drop munition against boko haram. Just that colateral damage is significant

These are the type of people that makes me beleif NL is the best Forum in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by ooohoo: 9:09pm On May 28, 2020
Reference:

No sir. Built in the US, Florida specifically by a joint venture between Embraer and a US firm. Embraer has the airframe I believe, the engines come from Canada and the guts of the aircraft is purely American. When you see the aircraft you will know it has the DNA of American warcraft.

The factory in the US was set up to help scale up production for international buyers, you can read more on that sir.

The fact that an engine comes from Canada or some other parts comes from another country does not mean they own it.

A variant of the Airbus A380 for instance uses Rolls-Royce Trent 900, does that mean UK owns it? In fact Boeing 777 and 787 Dreamliner use the same engine, does that change the country of origin? Spirit Aerosystems, an American country, makes fuselage for Airbus A350, does that change the country of origin?
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Coldie(m): 9:09pm On May 28, 2020
Nigerians plenty that can build this, just that our education system is poor
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by seunmsg(m): 9:11pm On May 28, 2020
gidgiddy:
Im not impressed with these planes, looks like the type used in the second world war

We don’t even want you to be impressed. Your likes were impressed with Jonathan when he was loaded millions of dollars into Oritsejafor’s plane to SA under the guise of buying non-existence military weapon. We don’t expect you to be impressed with a transparent and open procurement of Nigeria’s most sophisticated fighter jets ever.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by marvin906(m): 9:11pm On May 28, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

what else but blast them into chicken feed?! didnt you see the big missiles attached to these jets?

so you think is all about having missles strapped to the jet and shooting
do you even know what they even call coin war
please just do a research on it..
if it was that easy then the US would have defeated the talaban, Hezbollah,and so on
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Alexpetra: 9:11pm On May 28, 2020
Mowoe:
I don't know a thing about fighter jets but I know this one is vintage. See below...
dem go say we never reach to use that type
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 28, 2020
Mowoe:
I don't know a thing about fighter jets but I know this one is vintage. See below...

Vintage is a fancy word. Ancient is the correct word.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by BreconHills(m): 9:12pm On May 28, 2020
hotwax:

U drone them. There are many killer drones out there. Drones are unmanned with less noice

Nigeria has armed drones but the question is how long can they stay in the air fully loaded? The Tucanos are a better option with a full load.

When you have the Avionics and missiles for a 20km hands off interdiction, noise is not a problem . The last thing the terrorist see will be a blur of metal grey and that will be goodnight.

Good buy.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by molbic(m): 9:15pm On May 28, 2020
for those of you saying America won't sell f-16 to us well south Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Kenya and even museveni of Uganda all have that fighter jet.mean while America never used any turbo prop in Afghanistan and Iraq the lowest plane they used is A-10 warthog
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by semyman: 9:15pm On May 28, 2020
gidgiddy:
Im not impressed with these planes, looks like the type used in the second world war
Perverts
If only the drunken sailor has acquired even the ones used in the first world war
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by endeavor(m): 9:15pm On May 28, 2020
Miracle1991:
God bless Buhari
God bless Nigeria
I know some corrupt elements Will wish that the money would have been shared instead of buying these planes.

Guy, you sabi fighter jets so?
Check fighter jets like:
Euro Typhoon
Sukhoi
Mig
Rafael Dassualt
and the likes.

This yeye tucano be like rolling stone
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:16pm On May 28, 2020
marvin906:
so you think is all about having missles strapped to the jet and shooting
do you even know what they even call coin war
please just do a research on it..
if it was that easy then the US would have defeated the talaban, Hezbollah,and so on

bro, i fully well know that its impossible to win the war on terrorism, but that certainly does NOT mean we should let these terrorist do as they please. you have to fight back and do your part, regardless of the outcome... if you dont, then they automatically win in this war on terror!
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by semyman: 9:17pm On May 28, 2020
danielconstant:
looks like a 4th generation Bush_plane .... anyway Africa is bushy. wink
Perverts
Why did your hero looter not buy the 2nd generation forest_plane?
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Reference(m): 9:18pm On May 28, 2020
sexylassie2:

plane is Brazilian made, introduced in 2003 , embraer is a Brazilian company

Embraer is a Brazilian company. Embraer makes all sorts of aircraft from passenger aircraft to corporate jets. When it comes to military aircraft it is a different ball game. Military aircraft have two components, the airframe itself and the weapons systems. The Super Tucano 29 is a joint venture between Embraer and the Sierra Nevada Corporation based in Florida. Check your facts. The plane we are buying is built in Florida. Look at the pictures. Do those pilots resemble Brazilians.

The Nigerian Airforce awarded the contract for 12 units of Super Tucano light ground attack aircraft to Sierra Nevada Corporation of Florida, United States. That is a fact.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by COMPAQ(m): 9:21pm On May 28, 2020
gidgiddy:

The planes have an old school look indeed, but it does seem to come equipped with relatively modern avionics. I guess it meets our need for unsophisticated air to surface attacks considering we are dealing with bandits and militants.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by COMPAQ(m): 9:24pm On May 28, 2020
endeavor:

Guy, you sabi fighter jets so?
Check fighter jets like:
Euro Typhoon
Sukhoi
Mig
Rafael Dassualt
and the likes.

This yeye tucano be like rolling stone

Dude, it depends on the type of war you are fighting. Those planes look sexy yes, but are designed more for air to air combat and air to ground when dealing with ships, tanks, surface to air missile batteries etc ie more conventional warfare. They won't do all well against rag tag types of ground forces we are dealing with.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by marvin906(m): 9:24pm On May 28, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

bro, i fully well know that its impossible to win the war on terrorism, but that certainly does NOT mean we should let these terrorist do as they please. you have to fight back and do your part, regardless of the outcome... if you dont, then they automatically win in this war on terror!

yes...
but not with f 22,16 ..
for heaven sake we already bought the j 17 fighter jets that's ok..
the tucano is what we need now
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by galadima77(m): 9:25pm On May 28, 2020
This one na for praise singers
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:26pm On May 28, 2020
Reference:
The F-22 is an air superiority fighter meaning it is primarily designed to kill other fighters. This is does by stealth, an extraordinarily powerful radar that enables it engage and destroy enemy planes well beyond their own missile capabilities. It can engage targets up to 150 kilometres, further than any fighter today.

What makes a good jet fighter makes a poor ground attack aircraft. Ground attack means that your primary enemy is on the ground. If your enemy is not a missile battery equiped with radar the F-22 will never detect you at the speed it and the minimum altitude it operates. You need an aircraft that is slow enough to recon and spot highly mobile targets such as infantry. This is where the Tucano excels.

The best ground attack aircraft in the world today is the Fairchild A-10 Warthog. But even that plane's strong point is against armour like battle tanks not even infantry. By the way the plane is over 40 years old in service and the technology is becoming obsolete. The US will not even sell to us anyway.

thanks for the education on the subject.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Staphylococcus: 9:26pm On May 28, 2020
I have a feeling this beauty will be first tested on IPOB terrorist group

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by COMPAQ(m): 9:27pm On May 28, 2020
Reference:

I always like a guy who knows his stuff. Too many people here don't know enough. They think it's all about the way it looks in movies.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:29pm On May 28, 2020
marvin906:
yes...
but not with f 22,16 ..
for heaven sake we already bought the j 17 fighter jets that's ok..
the tucano is what we need now

i guess the old look of these planes, makes us believe they are obsolete today compared to F22s and F16s...
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Reference(m): 9:29pm On May 28, 2020
ooohoo:

The factory in the US was set up to help scale up production for international buyers, you can read more on that sir.

The fact that an engine comes from Canada or some other parts comes from another country does not mean they own it.

A variant of the Airbus A380 for instance uses Rolls-Royce Trent 900, does that mean UK owns it? In fact Boeing 777 and 787 Dreamliner use the same engine, does that change the country of origin? Spirit Aerosystems, an American country, makes fuselage for Airbus A350, does that change the country of origin?

Look. You can take a typical Embraer Super Tucano airframe to India or Russia or the United Kingdom to build it into whatever you want. Israel does it with every weapons platform it buys from the States. But when it guts and rebuilds an M1A1 Abrams or an F16 it calls it something else.

We are buying an American version of the Embraer Super Tucano. I don't think there is anything so difficult in understanding that. We may have had the option of buying a Brazilian built Embraer. Who knows why we didn't but knowing the quality of American equipment it makes sense to buy an American. And the first time in our history to purchase American combat aircraft.

Our only functional battle aircraft is the Alpha Jet. Originally designed as a trainer, this aircraft is a French-German combine. And with the little I know about these things I can guess the airframe will be French and the weapons systems German because the French have always been known to design spectacular airframes and the Germans have always been known for badass weaponry. Military weaponry are very expensive to R & D. Only few country companies are able to produce cutting edge stuff singlehandedly.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Badonasty(m): 9:31pm On May 28, 2020
Dem just Dey use this boko haram war embezzle money ni...that war will never end
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 28, 2020
semyman:

Perverts
Why did your hero looter not buy the 2nd generation forest_plane?
reread my post and tell me why you linking politics to my typo or do you lack comprehension?.... don't be a political slave..be useful to yourself and love ones
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 28, 2020
Businext:
I'm truly happy with and for Nigeria
But do you know Russia recently lost a helicopter and it's 4 crew members?
Why am I saying this,
We spend so much on a helicopter that can be brought down on its first outing but fail to see the end of a WAR that could have been dealt with with better ways since 2006, 2010 and all throughout GEJ'S tenure. Now GEJ wanted to negotiate with BH boys and they named Buhari as one person/emissary they'd respect and listen to. Fast forward to 2020 Buhari has been in charge for over 5 years without any visible difference between himself and GEJ, even while the later has had no military experience and had to rely on the technical and expert advice from the entire military and NAS. I kid you not this Tucano while cool will never solve our problem with BH. We know but we feign loyalty to Buhari as though he's the best thing after sliced bread and blueband.

Our security is in a deep pit (its not well with our security, pun intended between pit and well) that we need strong able hands to pull it out firmly but gently.
Curb the internal snitches within the military, prosecute sponsors, nip the lucrative side of the BH war that has turned several people to arms dealer, cooks, informants and village raiders, pay and cater for the soldiers and front line personnel, engage idle youths in that region and around the country so they don't become ready recruits, ensure Muslim clerics don't teach messages that incite these ideologies that everything outside Islam is haram and jihad is good and die once and win 7 virgins forever, among several other suggestions that are workable.

#GodDoesNotMakeMistake
#GodCreatedUsNigerians
#WarIsUglyPeaceIsLovely

Who are they going to prosecute when the Boko CEO is also the C-in-C of Nigeria Army sad

See as oyibo dey laugh sef, because dem hammer on top the Tucano contract no be small, and they know the jets are outdated

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by HolyMakanaki(m): 9:33pm On May 28, 2020
E make sense na Make them finish Boko with this Jet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Accused Of Photoshopping This Picture / Designer Emeka Opara Measures Tinubu's Dress Size (photos) / Owerri Prison Break In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.