Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor (68374 Views)

Share Your Lockdown Most Embarrassing Moments / Why You Shouldn’t Wait Till You’re Sick To See The Doctor / The Doctor Killed By Lassa Fever In Abia Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by thesicilian: 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
1Sharon:

The correct question should be " are you sexually active"?
It takes experience to know that that is not even correct. Because the answer you'll get is No (in 80% of cases) and for the few that say yes, still does not give you enough info to reach a logical deduction.
Ask a guy "do you drink alcohol?" and he'll likely say no. But ask the same guy "How much alcohol do you take per week?" and he'll likely tell you "one or two bottles per week".
Which one gives you more info to work with?

58 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Exactly what I'm saying to those illiterates DominusPrime and thesicilian. The appropriate questions should be if you're pregnant. Not when you had sex or what sex position do you do the most. No jokes. I had a friend who was asked by a male doc what sex position she engages in the most. Ignorantly she answered but when she gisted me about it, it became clearer to her say that one na just pervert.
This is not what we were debating about. Stop lying to score cheap points. You asked the correlation between coitus and malaria. I did not have any discussion with you concerning sex position or the kind of question a doctor can ask a patient. Infact your last statement to me was about going to a female doctor for eye pain and being asked about scrotum. Or you have short memory attached to your proud ignorance? Cc: 1sharon

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by ceejeck(m): 7:58pm On Jun 04, 2020
This trend go funny die!!! grin grin
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by 1Sharon(f): 7:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Exactly what I'm saying to those illiterates DominusPrime and thesicilian. The appropriate questions should be if you're pregnant. Not when you had sex or what sex position do you do the most. No jokes. I had a friend who was asked by a male doc what sex position she engages in the most. Ignorantly she answered but when she gisted me about it, it became clearer to her say that one na just pervert.

shocked okay that's just talking the piss..I'll call that Dr out..nonsense. They're so unprofessional

The sex question is only appropriate when related to sexual health

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
thesicilian:

It takes experience to know that that is not even correct. Because the answer you'll get is No (in 80% of cases) and for the few that say yes, still does not give you enough info to reach a logical deduction.
Ask a guy "do you drink alcohol?" and he'll likely say no. But ask the same guy "How much alcohol do you take per week?" and he'll likely tell you "one or two bottles per week".
They will not understand how these things work. I really wish you didn't explain things to them. They did not ask cos they wanted to know but simply to paint what Drs do in bad light. Immediately I read that kingazubuike went to a med school but isnt a Dr I knew where the beef was.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by ceejeck(m): 7:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
BCJAY:
I had a pain and went to the hospital for treatment only for the doctor to ask me to lie down remove my pant and he started to insert his finger into my private part to finger me and he was yearning hmm hmm and it was nothing pertaining to that I have to stand and leave there and never go back to the doctor again. The second instance was when I had accident and broke my arm only for doctor to ask me to remove cloth and wants to be touching my breast pretending to be massaging my arm, some doctors are terrible

And you didn't report??

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by akpunda86: 7:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
TaminaliaCatapa:
Do you know the types of illness shameful to report? Those ones that has to do with your Gynae. OMG! When the doctor have to ask you the last time you had sex; or when the doctor have to ask you the nature of symptoms around your genitals.

This note goes to Nigerian doctors: Nurses and other paramedics have no business in the room when you’re interviewing your patient. Kindly respect the Hippocratic Oath. Thank you!

My experience:
It was a cool Sunday evening at my gf’s house, she had visitors in the inner room which made it quite impossible to have a rumple with her. It’s been a while I gave her the banana due to the fact that I’ve been out of town for a while.

She knows I go for what I want. I’ve been waiting for a moment to put her down to no avail. After a while left to use the restroom. I joined her immediately and carried her on the wash hand basin. Dropped her pants and panties and flung her legs on a 180 degrees.

***The Problem***
The following day I peed and the tip of my penis was very eeeeeeewwww. The pain was sharp and immediately remembered the thick wetness. Chai, temi bami! I don’t have multiple partners and though I can’t trust any woman, but I can say she knows I’m alpha and will never try rubbish with me.

Being a person who doesn’t play with sexual health, I have a son already but I still wanna have more. Hence any threat means I land in the gynae’s office immediately.

I reached the doctors and I already assumed I have gonorrhea. The doctor (a lady) asked when last I lamba’d, it was a really shameful one. I responded “yesterday”.

Here comes the banger, she told me to draw down my shorts and boxers. Haaaaaa. The doctor is a quadragenarian by my calculation, nice skin, nice teeth set and all that; so, if you’re not impotent, your dick must obey the clarion call of the beagle.

One fvçked up psychology about the male genital is that the more you resist, the more it gets mad. I drew my boxers and my thing was vibrating in synchronicity with my every heart beat. My third leg shamed me.

She checked the tip (saw some tiny blisters) and was like “NO, you’re fine, you probably had a rough one with your gf”. I was not convinced and asked her to proceed with the test.

Guess what?

The test came back NEGATIVE for all!

Nairalanders come share ur own

Was scary same with me called my girl then all sorts of names tut i was infected.never knew was from rough sex.I apologised but that was how our relationship crashed.
To be sure i did all sorts of test was negative.
Funny experience
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by MozB: 8:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
Sonnobax15:
grin That was back then in 2007...
mehn,i was rushed to a near by hospital due to the fact that i couldn't urinate.

the doctor instructed d nurse on duty to fix a pipe in my dick.

so i had to pull down my boxer,just for me to hear one of d nurses saying-"bros,why you no dey shave na??...but shaving stick no dey expensive na..

na once i soak myself for shame dat day.

d truth is dat most naija nurses and doctors have poor manners of approach..
na who get body to hear generational insults nai dey do things with them.

Bro.... But really, why you no d shave?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by tracy5827: 8:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
[color=#] 318204[/color]
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by JBoss25(m): 8:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
Sososo:
Here to read comments
madam share ur own na
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by tracy5827: 8:01pm On Jun 04, 2020
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by DrBrainstorm(m): 8:01pm On Jun 04, 2020
Skye231:
Eyah... That was how I followed my GF to the hospital as well she complained of pains around her waist. The doctor asked her to sleep on the bed in his office and asked me to excuse them, my babe quickly responded he is my fiance, he now said it's because you will need to pull your pant. Naso I look the guy with wicked face ... Pant wey take me 8 months to see . I told my babe to stand up and leave. . doctors are perverts.
grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 04, 2020
1Sharon:

shocked okay that's just talking the piss..I'll call that Dr out..nonsense. They're so unprofessional

The sex question is only appropriate when related to sexual health
Wrong again. A cardiologist, an endocrinologist and other fields can ask about sex and the patient will not even have presented with anything related to sex. Stop letting this boy make you talk rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by joelison(m): 8:02pm On Jun 04, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Lol so how does sex relate with malaria ? Stop displaying your stupidity. Some of us aren't doctors but we passed through the four walls of medical school.

U obviously don't know and u dont want to know.. U know u had malaria then y going to d hospital and not buy drug and treat urself..

Stop pride.. U know nothing

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Biodun1929(m): 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2020
BCJAY:
I had a pain and went to the hospital for treatment only for the doctor to ask me to lie down remove my pant and he started to insert his finger into my private part to finger me and he was yearning hmm hmm and it was nothing pertaining to that I have to stand and leave there and never go back to the doctor again. The second instance was when I had accident and broke my arm only for doctor to ask me to remove cloth and wants to be touching my breast pretending to be massaging my arm, some doctors are terrible

Hmm

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by sabbiboi: 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2020
BCJAY:

That's terrible. You should have reported both cases. The medical guild should act appropriately if such is reported and I know this is one of many untold stories.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Perfecttouch(m): 8:05pm On Jun 04, 2020
Remember I had what I believed was apendix cos the pain started from my scrotum and graduated into my right Tommy. It was an excruciating pain that as old as I am, I was crying and rolling on the floor. So the doctor and some small small nurses about 20-22 yrs of age came to check to confirm what was really wrong, the doctor told me to pull down my short and the small nurse was touching my scrotum and penis asking,
Is this place painful? Is this one painful is that one painful?
Well I was given almost seven injections and about 6 drip water before the pain could subside.
I was admitted but the funny thing is, immediately I was admintered those things, in not more than 10 minutes later, I was very ok as if nothing happened.
To face those small small nursed later was shameful as I was avoiding them before I was discharged

15 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by callmeRichie(m): 8:05pm On Jun 04, 2020
[quote author=Sonnobax15 post=90314461] grin That was back then in 2007...
mehn,i was rushed to a near by hospital due to the fact that i couldn't urinate.

bro you 4 yawn that 1 better words nah, that's complete nonsense and unethical!!! Wetin concern her concern you private sexual life??

na examination she con do no be seminar!

Crazy guys go talk oo!
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by 1Sharon(f): 8:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
thesicilian:

80%? So a married person will still deny?

maybe in Nigeria where ppl are pretentious.

But how is asking when last you had sex?
better than asking if the patient is sexually active?

That's an assumptious leading question right there, that's more offensive.

So what question do you still want to ask again after the patient has admitted to having the sex at whatever time they did?

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by joelison(m): 8:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
DominusPrime:

Th doctors here will be looking at your ignorant stupidity and just laugh. I really hope no one explains this to you as you don't know and don't want to know but instead hellbent on claiming you are right.

Dont mind the ignorant individual who know nothing... I was just laughing at him because he thinks everything is malaria and typhoid..

His type will never learn

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by tracy983: 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Sososo(f): 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
JBoss25:
madam share ur own na
I don't know the one Il say now and my oga at the top will say is not it tongue

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Crieff(m): 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
BCJAY:

Next time, get his/her name and write a letter of caution copying the NMA.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by AreaFada2: 8:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Most Nigerian doctors are perverts. They ask all sorts of silly questions that aren't related to your ailment. It has even gone as far as medical students on ward round , postings or clerking in teaching hospitals. Small boys wey never grow hair for prick will begin to ask you the last time you had sex before they diagnose you with typhoid or malaria. If you have a knowledge of the medical profession, you'd easily understand.

Madam, every question a doctor asks you is important. For example, in every lady from 14/15 to about 55, always assume she's pregnant. Even if with religious appearance like a nun. Unless proven otherwise. This will affect drugs/management given.

Remember that doctors are not just about treating one disease. First and foremost is preserving good health & life. Certain illnesses may cause similar symptoms. So your doctor wants to rule them out.

There are also things called co-morbidities. Two or more conditions may co-exist at the same time. Some may be yet undiagnosed.

Because some people think doctors are just perverts asking irrelevant questions, they answer no when asked if they have any symptoms or family history of diseases. Which can be detrimental to patient's health.

Of course your doctor considers first thing first. That he/she suspects malaria fever/typhoid doesn't mean they shouldn't screen for other possibilities.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
joelison:

Dont mind the ignorant individual who know nothing... I was just laughing at him because he thinks everything is malaria and typhoid..

His type will never learn
It's a pity. And I used to think that kingazubuike was a mature figure here as I see his posts a lot. I'm disappointed, not even at his ignorance but the fact that he is proud about it.

10 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Okikaneseokwu: 8:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
please who knows how I can remove this "there is no other God but Allah " in my profile..

since they had salah that I went to wish them.. people are taking me for a Muslim.

seun abeg
grin grin out of curiosity na im mek bullet land monkey for head.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by 1Sharon(f): 8:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
DominusPrime:

Wrong again. A cardiologist, an endocrinologist and other fields can ask about sex and the patient will not even have presented with anything related to sex. Stop letting this boy make you talk rubbish.

Why would a Dr ask a patients sex position? Why did you skip that part

A cardiologist never asked me that, maybe in Nigeria

Why's the question relevant?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by naturalwaves: 8:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
BCJAY:
Your write up is filled with lies.
1. You said you had pains. You didn't say the kind of pain.
You said he put his finger into your private part to finger you. You used the term "finger" and and not "examine". You said he was saying..... "Hmmm, hmmm" . "Hmmm hmmm" for what? Was he moaning or what? What did he say after the entire process. This blatant lie didn't make me read the remainder of your hogwash. What rubbish!

20 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by dfrost: 8:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
please who knows how I can remove this "there is no other God but Allah " in my profile..

since they had salah that I went to wish them.. people are taking me for a Muslim.

seun abeg

Longa throat... You go wish them abi you go beg for salah ram grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Evangkatsoulis: 8:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
Had pain in my scrotum.
Went to hospital, and the doctors there had me remove my undies, and was massaging the dick. The embarrassing part was that the room was open, and some people were free to walk in and out.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by 1Sharon(f): 8:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
DominusPrime:

This is not what we were debating about. Stop lying to score cheap points. You asked the correlation between coitus and malaria. I did not have any discussion with you concerning sec position or the kind of question a doctor can ask a patient. Infact your last statement to me was about going to a female doctor for eye pain and being asked about scrotum. Or you have short memory attached to your proud ignorance? Cc: 1sharon

What's the correlation? Smart alec

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by johnmattew: 8:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
Sonnobax15:
grin That was back then in 2007...

the doctor instructed d nurse on duty to fix a pipe in my dick.

so i had to pull down my boxer,just for me to hear one of d nurses saying-"bros,why you no dey shave na??...but shaving stick no dey expensive na..

na once i soak myself for shame dat day.

d truth is dat most naija nurses and doctors have poor manners of approach..
na who get body to hear generational insults nai dey do things with them.
but the nurse Na human being too....u self too dirty

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

When You Eat Too Much Salt...read This / Photos From Kwata Abattoir, Anambra. How Much Do We Know About The Meat We Eat ? / HIV Activist Trolls Man She Allegedly Had Unprotected Sex With (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.