Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo (1643 Views)

Alfa Ekele, Nigerian Aviation Student Dies In Plane Crash At US Airport (Photo) / Man Raises Concern Over Cracked Basement Pillar At The Lagos Airport (Photo) / 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by sarrki(m): 5:46pm On May 29, 2020
The first flight has landed successfully in Damaturu today to test the runway of the newly constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport �

This is a positive development! History has been made successfully � � � Mai Mala Buni

1 Like

Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by TUANKU(m): 5:48pm On May 29, 2020
Good news. Better than hearing about Boko Haram or bandits.

1 Like

Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by ogbuefi677(m): 5:54pm On May 29, 2020
Another misplaced priority.
Apart from the cars passing thru Yobe state to Maiduguri, how many vehicles enter Damaturu daily?
Damaturu is one sleepy,civil service town.
Would've even been better if it was built in Potiskum which is a major trading route and transit point for goods and persons going from the north west to Taraba,Gombe,Benue,Cross Rivers,Akwa Ibom,etc.

3 Likes

Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by ceereelee: 5:54pm On May 29, 2020
Good development
Guys please in this period, if you can please invest in the north.
At least for now power belongs to the north so there is a lot of money there.
There are well connected but illiterate mallams scattered throughout the north
Abeg enter ground and make money.
Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by Afamed: 5:58pm On May 29, 2020
ogbuefi677:
Apart from the cars passing thru Yobe state to Maiduguri and Chad, how many vehicles enter Yobe state daily?
Would've even been better if it was built in Potiskum
Dont die of bitterness. It was clearly mentioned, cargo airport not for passengers. Just the way we have strictly cargo plane, we also have cargo airport which does not need much / plenty money to construct. Cargo plane is meant to carry cargoes/ goods.
Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by ogbuefi677(m): 6:01pm On May 29, 2020
Afamed:

Dont die of bitterness. It was clearly mentioned, cargo airport not for passengers.
You are a big fuul.
I mentioned it would've been better if it were built in Potiskum which is in d same state and which is more of an economic town since it's a cargo airport but you must reply from your hut in Oshogbo,even as you have never gone past Ore and Ilorin in your whole life.
What is a cargo airport doing in Damaturu when Potiskum is where d businesses are and is a major transit town?
The ppl from that side know what I'm talking about.

7 Likes

Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by OlufemiKamon: 6:01pm On May 29, 2020
[s]
Afamed:

Dont die of bitterness. It was clearly mentioned, cargo airport not for passengers. Just the way we have strictly plane, we also have cargo airport which does not need much / plenty money to construct
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by sarrki(m): 6:03pm On May 29, 2020
ogbuefi677:
Apart from the cars passing thru Yobe state to Maiduguri and Chad, how many vehicles enter Yobe state daily?
Damaturu is one sleepy,civil service town.
Would've even been better if it was built in Potiskum which is a major trading route and transit point for goods and persons going from the north west to Taraba,Gombe,Benue,Cross Rivers,Akwa Ibom,etc.

Can you see it in this view ?

Spreading developmental activities around the state and creating jobs
Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by Afamed: 6:07pm On May 29, 2020
ogbuefi677:

You are a big fuul.
I mentioned it would've been better if it were built in Potiskum which is in d same state and which is more of an economic town since it's a cargo airport but you must reply from your hut in Oshogbo,even as you have never gone past Ore and Ilorin in your whole life.
The ppl from that side know what I'm talking about.
If you are not local champion, you will not say Potiskum is more of commercial centre than Damaturu. How many banks in Damaturu?
If you are not typing from your Enugu Ezike , you would have known, the people that took the decision know better than you. You can't be typing from your community and dishing instructions to Gov Buni in Damaturu.
ITK
Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by ogbuefi677(m): 6:08pm On May 29, 2020
sarrki:

If you have ever been to Yobe state,you'll understand.
Potiskum is where the action is in terms of commerce and we're talking about a cargo airport here.
The Potiskum I'm talking about is also in Yobe state.

6 Likes

Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by Afamed: 6:10pm On May 29, 2020
sarrki:

Ignore the boy. He's typing from his village, telling people in Yobe on where and where to locate their cargo airport . He doesn't even know the difference between cargo plane and passenger plane
Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by Afamed: 6:12pm On May 29, 2020
ogbuefi677:

If you have ever been to Yobe state,you'll understand.
Potiskum is where the action is in terms of commerce and we're talking about a cargo airport here.
The Potiskum I'm talking about is also in Yobe state.
Keep quiet, how will you drop state capital where the activities are mainly concentrated and go to Potiskum to site cargo airport. You think say na ram and tomatoes dem go dey carry inside cargo plane?
Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by ogbuefi677(m): 6:27pm On May 29, 2020
Afamed:

Keep quiet, how will you drop state capital where the activities are mainly concentrated and go to Potiskum to site cargo airport. You think say na ram and tomatoes dem go dey carry inside cargo plane?
There is nothing happening in Damaturu compared to Potiskum,can't you get this into your thick Muslim skull?
It's just like comparing Awka in Anambra,to Nnewi or Onitsha.
And what is there in carrying Tomatoes in a cargo plane?
That's exactly what cargo planes are made for or you don't know d same tomatoes sold for 4k per basket rises up to 27k sometimes?100 basket is 2.7mill,1k basket is 27mill
Big time farmers transport their produce with airplanes abroad.

3 Likes

Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by Afamed: 6:31pm On May 29, 2020
ogbuefi677:

Afonja,travel and see,its part of education.
I've lived on Yobe state for a year,I know what I'm talking about.
lived in Fika 2 months out of that 1 year.
Traversed d nook and cranny of Yobe within that one year.
The governor just did d usual politician selfishness so he and his political crew can land their private jets close to their bedrooms in Damaturu.
All d trucks from Kano,Sokoto,Jigawa,Kaduna and d rest of the northwest and north central going to the Cross River,Rivers,Taraba,Benue,Ebonyi etc have to pass thru Potiskum.
Damaturu is almost a dead end town apart from those going to Maiduguri.
AND WE'RE TALKING OF A CARGO AIRPORT here.
The way you see trucks line up from Festac to Tin can is d way trucks in transit line up in Potiskum.
The biggest cattle market in west Africa is in Fika which is just 10mins drive from Potiskum.
You mustn't argue everything afonja.
All this Una childish rants Afonja Afonja. I worked both in Potiskum,Azare, Yobe ,Borno For not less than 7/8 years, years, years ago. Those period perhaps you were still wearing pants around the streets. When , Potiskum was still trying to have Gtbank, Damaturu had long had GTB bank then, In Potiskum , All you saw were just First bank And one defunct bank.
When they said cargo plane, they didn't mean cargo plane for carrying goats.
Don't be a local champion

1 Like

Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by eunisam: 6:35pm On May 29, 2020
chai! nairaland of 2005 is totally different nairaland in 2020,

what we see here now this 2020 is mostly abusive comments. tribalism everywhere.

in 2005 nairaland was a solution hub. I thought it will unite us as one Nigeria but it seems we are more divided now.even seun nairaland cruna is been accused of tribalism.

when shall we gerit right?

1 Like

Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by xcolanto(m): 6:36pm On May 29, 2020
Boko Haram food don land
Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by ogbuefi677(m): 6:38pm On May 29, 2020
Afamed:

All this Una childish rants Afonja Afonja. I worked both in Potiskum,Azare, Yobe ,Borno For not less than 7/8 years, years, years ago. Those period perhaps you were still wearing pants around the streets. When , Potiskum was still trying to have Gtbank, Damaturu had long had GTB bank then, when all you saw in Potiskum were just First bank And one defunct bank. When they said cargo plane, they didn't mean cargo plane for carrying goats.
You have never worked anything ogbeni.
Ppl wey done hustle far and wide on their own no go de support lifelessness like you do here 247.
If it interests you to know,my sojourn in Damaturu was in 2013,in d heat of d boko boys onslaught.
Na we dey Damaturu when Shekau enter with him AAs in October 28 2013.
Left Gen Hospital Fika just 1 month b4 d airforce mistakenly dropped a bomb at d back of my quarters.
Bye afonja

4 Likes

Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by ogbuefi677(m): 6:42pm On May 29, 2020
eunisam:
chai! nairaland of 2005 is totally different nairaland in 2020,

what we see here now this 2020 is mostly abusive comments. tribalism everywhere.

in 2005 nairaland was a solution hub. I thought it will unite us as one Nigeria but it seems we are more divided now.even seun nairaland cruna is been accused of tribalism.

when shall we gerit right?
Problem is Seu.n himself and his brothers and he likes it like that.
Observe the innocent comment I made about d suitability of d location of the airport and read d reply full of abuse by that pay per post bot.
Funny thing is if Seu.n were to wield the big stick,na still me go chop ban while his brothers will be left to continue abusing others

4 Likes

Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by Afamed: 6:49pm On May 29, 2020
ogbuefi677:

You have never worked anything ogbeni.
Ppl wey done hustle far and wide on their own no go de support lifelessness like you do here 247.
If it interests you to know,my sojourn in Damaturu was in 2013,in d heat of d boko boys onslaught.
Na we dey Damaturu when Shekau enter with him AAs in October 28 2013.
Left Gen Hospital Fika just 1 month b4 d airforce mistakenly dropped a bomb at d back of my quarters.
Bye afonja
Who be we? Pathetic liar. Buni , the executive Gov is he from Damaturu that made him to establish cargo airport in Damaturu? I guess you know the distance of Buni Yadi the local govt of the Governor to Damaturu?
Since you don't know cargo plane is not meant to carry goat and pepper at Potiskum, It will be waste of time,arguing with you
Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by Afamed: 6:51pm On May 29, 2020
ogbuefi677:

Problem is Seu.n himself and his brothers and he likes it like that.
Observe the innocent comment I made about d suitability of d location of the airport and read d reply full of abuse by that pay per post bot.
Funny thing is if Seu.n were to wield the big stick,na still me go chop ban while his brothers will be left to continue abusing others
And if you are not hypocrite here, you will not be here shouting Afonja Afonja
Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by Deltayankeeboi: 7:12pm On May 29, 2020
None of my business really.

I don't celebrate mediocrity.

We should have been way past this kind of development if we had functional humans in the seats of federal and state power.

3 Likes

Re: First Flight Landed In Newly Constructed Damaturu Cargo Airport-photo by Siapu: 7:33am On May 30, 2020
[s]
Afamed:

All this Una childish rants Afonja Afonja. I worked both in Potiskum,Azare, Yobe ,Borno For not less than 7/8 years, years, years ago. Those period perhaps you were still wearing pants around the streets. When , Potiskum was still trying to have Gtbank, Damaturu had long had GTB bank then, In Potiskum , All you saw were just First bank And one defunct bank.
When they said cargo plane, they didn't mean cargo plane for carrying goats.
[/s]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can I Travel By Road Within USA? / K1 Visa. / 10hrs Wait At Amsterdam With Klm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.