Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women (4144 Views)

How Do Married Men Hustling In The Diaspora Cope With Sexual Urges / Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? / What Benefits Do Married Persons Enjoy Better Than Single People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by gman55(m): 10:38am On May 30, 2020
The excitement of pregnancy brings out the human in us men and as such miscalculate in our attempt to be good husband.
I virtually took all responsibility in terms of chores for the house. Like most men will tell, I was the errand boy, not just the maid. When I felt it was time to relinquish some duties problem started. I choose to eat out most time, as she will not eat the food she cooks. I resorted to sweeping and mopping in the wee hours of the day, 1am-2am, and do that day Mon, Wed, Fri. Washing was for Saturday, thanks to the washing machine, that was lots easier.
The annoying and frustrating aspect was when she will ask me to go look for roasted corn, bole at wee hours of the night.
There are times, I drive half the city to go buy Amala and other types of food at ridiculous locations i.e mechanic workshop, tailor shop etc. I had to go around having a cooler in the car incase such request pops up.
I had to insist at the third trimester that she begins to do the chores.
Pregnancy is different for all women and no two is same. For my second son, it was alafia for me

9 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by farady(m): 11:17am On May 30, 2020
While I encourage you to keep the good work, please let her know it's detrimental to her own health and well being if she doesn't engage in any form of physical activities. Yes, she needs rest but needs to be active too. So doing some house chores should keep her active.

If you don't stem the tide, naim be say you don buy market be dat. Invariably, you may start planning for a househelp and that's more expenses in addition to baby's expenses.

So be wise and talk it through with her. Las Las no do pass your pocket.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by MrHighSea: 2:28pm On May 30, 2020
UgoFly:
I have a six months pregnant wife at home and I have been at your position. mine was even worse cause at a point she turned me to a maid. The tone in her voice when she sends me on errands was the same you use on a gateman. Fear women. If I react negatively, she automatically calls me insensitive of her condition. What I went through during this lockdown is a story for another day. she doesn't sleep early so I had to massage her arm till whenever she sleeps, I dare not try to sleep before her. But throughout all these, I knew it was her hormones. When she entered 2nd trimester and became stronger, I had to start disappearing with style. I didn't confront her with it but when she doesn't see me she was forced to do some things and when I return , I act like she should have waited. At a point she realized she could actually help out and she got to appreciate me for everything I did. Still when little issues come up, she would straight up remind me that I am the most insensitive man on earth. Lol. Just tolerate her and show her all the love and support you can but be smart about it. Women are inbuilt dictators when given power. Yet you should know she is carrying your bundle of joy so brace up for whatever comes. Goodluck.
Funny expectant Dad.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by UgoFly: 4:18pm On May 30, 2020
Plead:

You and your ilks are terrible.

Your wife will be pregnant for only 9months... why can’t you take care of chores+cooking without complaining

Imagine if the pregnancy usually last for 2years you would’ve ran away from home.

I am sure you're not married so you have no idea what you are saying. When you get to that stage you will understand so just sit this one out. Even a fellow woman except trained nurses wouldn't find it easy taking care of a pregnant woman.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by beylinko02: 4:52pm On May 30, 2020
So it's not only me. First time experience with a pregnant wife.
We Got married early this year and God answered us. The experience has both being exciting, intriguing and at the same time exhausting.

Wifey about entering 2nd trimester but we haven't registered in any hospital simply because we are relocating and it won't make sense doing that here when we are leaving.

She has overcome the morning sickness now, no more mood swings and vomiting. But earlier on I practically did all the house chores. And the way she thanks me really embarrasses me when she goes out and comes back and see the house cleaned. And one thing that shows is she really wants to do but her complain is that she doesn't understand herself.

One other thing she craves for is different types of food as if it's a spirit that gives her inspiration per time. And when describing the food to me, she would close her eyes and with excitement in her voice using her hand to draw an invisible diagram she would described how she wants it cooked and done.
women en.

Things started getting better this week, I could remember going on my knees last Saturday to pray for her to be strengthened because I was practically tired.

She washed her cloths today and I was surprised she started washing the dishes too this week though I still help out. But before then, I would just close my eyes to some of those chores and do them even go to the market.

About the food, I am the person who cook and most times its when she goes to the shop, if not the smell triggers vomiting from her.

One other thing I realize is if I cook she would first say she doesn't want to eat but before you know it after I have eaten, you will see her in the kitchen dishing hers.

Lastly, I want to ask. We have not being making Love almost 2 months now and it's getting into me. it has been serious source of argument between us. I have called her and talked to her but for where, she just lockup o and you will hear her calling me, " baby come and Rub my bumbum. ”

Me I have made up my mind not to bring it up again will just let it happen again naturally.

11 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by NoLotty7(m): 5:35pm On May 30, 2020
Edemaya:

You should have known his type from his write up! This one is not married! and if married, his wife might not be able to say some good things about him.
Trash,did you have good upbringing,please,face your idleness.
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 30, 2020
Omo me self go marry one dey O how will I face all this wifey bullshit now grin
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 30, 2020
UgoFly:

I am sure you're not married so you have no idea what you are saying. When you get to that stage you will understand so just sit this one out. Even a fellow woman except trained nurses wouldn't find it easy taking care of a pregnant woman.

Unlike you,chores +cooking are things I do everytime.
I stopped eating my mom’s food after secondary school and whenever I went home during Uni days I do the cooking for everyone and even mom agrees I’m a batter cook.

After graduation,I had countless babes but I never allowed any of them to cook for me not because I thought they weren’t good enough or trying to form woke but because there’s this feeling I have when I cook my own food. I’m passionate about cooking..

So,what makes you think I can’t do everything within a short period of 9months? You’re a joke.

You’re correct. I’m not married but I have a fiancé that’s living with me. And even without pregnancy I do virtually all the cooking because it’s fun to me.
The only area I’m lacking currently is house cleaning.
So,should she get pregnant I’d run to nairaland to open a thread about how to cope with a pregnant woman? Untop things wey I Dey do since? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by PremierGuy(m): 8:48pm On May 30, 2020
Free to do my own thing
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 30, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Personally, I have seen pregnant underage girls (barely 18) hawking food items around. These girls also run errands and do house chores.

Do not let anybody deceive you. A woman's body is naturally wired to carry pregnancy and it does come with any added stress.

those girls also feel the pains but they've got no option as they have no one to rely upon....pray none of your loved ones are in their shoes....pregnancy is not easy, though some women overdo things when they discover that their spouse are capable in all ways...but the joy of having a new life to care for is worth all the stress.....

5 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 30, 2020
jidamsel43:
This thread is open for married men to share their experiences on how they managed home during wife's pregnancy . Women can also narrate the difficulty that they put their husbands through during pregnancy.

My wife and I have been expecting the fruit of womb since early last year. The result of her pregnancy test in March this year which came out positive threw the family into state of euphoria and ecstasy. I encouraged her to register for antenatal early and she eventually registered in a private hospital three weeks after. She was just 6 weeks when she registered.

She was advised not to engage in any difficult task at home and some other precautions. I disallowed common sense to judge the situation and I threw caution to the wind by telling her to leave all domestic chores for me to handle. Though, she never gave complaints of any pain but I took this decision in order to avoid any complication in her first trimester.
I practical carried out every domestic task at home ( cooking, sweeping , washing, cleaning) . I was doing this with joy because I thought she would resume her duties once she entered second trimester. The lockdown also made it difficult for me to give excuses in order to evade these chores. I made sure that she never engaged in any domestic task but she used to wash only her undies.
When the lockdown was eased early this month, I told her to resume her duties because I discovered that he entered second trimester. Frankly, women need to be commended for proper management of home because I never found it easy at all. I was really overwhelmed and I needed to lessen the burden on my neck. I was amazed by her response. She complained that I was not a caring husband. She expected that I continue to do everything till delivery.
I have the belief that she is trying to punish me because I have seen many pregnant women that are very hardworking. She goes to shop everyday while I also go to work. She doesn't complain of any pain but still insist that I continue to do domestic chores. I have relinquished washing of clothes and plate to her but I still cook, sweep and clean house everyday.
please, will she develop any complications if doing these chores. The last appointment she had, she was certify okay and was just told to always use her drug.

Married men, please did you also experience this with your women or I am too soft

Married women , did you have similar experience and I should deal with the situatuon

I guess you're a FTF.....keep helping her and advice her to also work to avoid fatigue and complications....be Prepared for delivery man, cos what you'll experience on that one day will be more than that of the whole 9months cos she is a first timer...guess what? the joy of having the baby sound and healthy is worth all the stress....enjoy this period together and complain less....safe delivery in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by jidamsel43(m): 7:06am On May 31, 2020
Lizzyangel:

I guess you're a FTF.....keep helping her and advice her to also work to avoid fatigue and complications....be Prepared for delivery man, cos what you'll experience on that one day will be more than that of the whole 9months cos she is a first timer...guess what? the joy of having the baby sound and healthy is worth all the stress....enjoy this period together and complain less....safe delivery in Jesus name
Thanks a lot . I really appreciate
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by merieam16(f): 11:32am On May 31, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Pecks of having a simp as a husband.
really! ur f on ur moniker should b questioned
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by SweetCunt97(f): 11:39am On May 31, 2020
merieam16:
really! ur f on ur moniker should b questioned
You think those alpha males with high shoulder pad would be OK washing plates and cleaning the house?
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by HoliMaree: 11:49am On May 31, 2020
You expect your pregnant wife to do what you, a healthy agile man can't do.

1 Like

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by babajeje123(m): 12:51pm On May 31, 2020
frozen70:

From your narrative, she is alright, just that she wished you continue to assist her

Well to me, do the ones you can do just to free your mind

Don't just engage in any domestic argument to avoid any thing that will trigger her BP

When she puts to bed, she will still need your help to do more of the house work, so to avoid issues, help her more with carrying the baby if you don't have anyone to do that so that she can be free to do her chores and still have rest

The benefits it that, your child will recognise you more
This is what I do. I carry my babies more and it made me to bond with them even more than their mum
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by frozen70(f): 1:10pm On May 31, 2020
babajeje123:

This is what I do. I carry my babies more and it made me to bond with them even more than their mum

Yeah, that's babies for you

Anyone of the parents that carry them or plays with them often especially from infant, is the person they will be closer to

1 Like

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 31, 2020
jidamsel43:
This thread is open for married men to share their experiences on how they managed home during wife's pregnancy . Women can also narrate the difficulty that they put their husbands through during pregnancy.

My wife and I have been expecting the fruit of womb since early last year. The result of her pregnancy test in March this year which came out positive threw the family into state of euphoria and ecstasy. I encouraged her to register for antenatal early and she eventually registered in a private hospital three weeks after. She was just 6 weeks when she registered.

She was advised not to engage in any difficult task at home and some other precautions. I disallowed common sense to judge the situation and I threw caution to the wind by telling her to leave all domestic chores for me to handle. Though, she never gave complaints of any pain but I took this decision in order to avoid any complication in her first trimester.
I practical carried out every domestic task at home ( cooking, sweeping , washing, cleaning) . I was doing this with joy because I thought she would resume her duties once she entered second trimester. The lockdown also made it difficult for me to give excuses in order to evade these chores. I made sure that she never engaged in any domestic task but she used to wash only her undies.
When the lockdown was eased early this month, I told her to resume her duties because I discovered that he entered second trimester. Frankly, women need to be commended for proper management of home because I never found it easy at all. I was really overwhelmed and I needed to lessen the burden on my neck. I was amazed by her response. She complained that I was not a caring husband. She expected that I continue to do everything till delivery.
I have the belief that she is trying to punish me because I have seen many pregnant women that are very hardworking. She goes to shop everyday while I also go to work. She doesn't complain of any pain but still insist that I continue to do domestic chores. I have relinquished washing of clothes and plate to her but I still cook, sweep and clean house everyday.
please, will she develop any complications if doing these chores. The last appointment she had, she was certify okay and was just told to always use her drug.

Married men, please did you also experience this with your women or I am too soft

Married women , did you have similar experience and I should deal with the situatuon
My mum told me that there's no heavy burden in pregnancy except when your delivery date is near,i asked her why some women behave as if they are carrying loads,then she told me some are actually exergerating things except those with complicated pregnancy.Your wife might actually be punishing you and where did she get that energy for going to her shop from.You sef should just try till she offload afterall you didn't complain when you were putting her in that state. lol

1 Like

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by UgoFly: 6:42pm On May 31, 2020
Plead:

Unlike you,chores +cooking are things I do everytime.
I stopped eating my mom’s food after secondary school and whenever I went home during Uni days I do the cooking for everyone and even mom agrees I’m a batter cook.

After graduation,I had countless babes but I never allowed any of them to cook for me not because I thought they weren’t good enough or trying to form woke but because there’s this feeling I have when I cook my own food. I’m passionate about cooking..

So,what makes you think I can’t do everything within a short period of 9months? You’re a joke.

You’re correct. I’m not married but I have a fiancé that’s living with me. And even without pregnancy I do virtually all the cooking because it’s fun to me.
The only area I’m lacking currently is house cleaning.
So,should she get pregnant I’d run to nairaland to open a thread about how to cope with a pregnant woman? Untop things wey I Dey do since? cheesy

why are you so ignorant and proud of it?? You don't know a damn thing about getting married and pregnancy. You think it's just chores and cooking?? go and get married first before talking to fathers and husbands. who is this person
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 31, 2020
Lemme teach one sense. I hope the ladies will not read it.
If you have discovered that your wife is pregnant just walk up to your HR manager and ask him to post you to one of the northeastern State that after two years he should post you back.
My bloda, it is not easy, the lady that enticed you before suddenly become a rolling ball spitting everywhere...
You will work tire..

Just relocate and leave her with her own wahala, immediately after birth just show up and go back again and let the child grow to like 2 years, then, you can do your posting back to your home state.
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 31, 2020
UgoFly:

why are you so ignorant and proud of it?? You don't know a damn thing about getting married and pregnancy. You think it's just chores and cooking?? go and get married first before talking to fathers and husbands. who is this person

Where in my post did I insinuate that marriage is all about chores and cooking?
Are you okay at all?
My post was in tandem with op. The op complained about doing chores+cooking and that is what I addressed.

It’s obvious you have comprehension issues. Sort out your cognitive abilities first before replying me.
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by NoLotty7(m): 9:10pm On May 31, 2020
@iamhistreasure, through your history on nairaland,why did you shared my post?
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by UgoFly: 9:35pm On May 31, 2020
Plead:

Where in my post did I insinuate that marriage is all about chores and cooking?
Are you okay at all?
My post was in tandem with op. The op complained about doing chores+cooking and that is what I addressed.

It’s obvious you have comprehension issues. Sort out your cognitive abilities first before replying me.

then quote his topic and leave mine alone. what's your problem with me?you are just ranting all over my mentions like a lost puppy talking about chores and cooking and keeping a woman you aren't married to at home. What do I need to do with your upbringing and houseboy lifestyle?
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 31, 2020
UgoFly:

then quote his topic and leave mine alone. what's your problem with me?you are just ranting all over my mentions like a lost puppy talking about chores and cooking and keeping a woman you aren't married to at home. What do I need to do with your upbringing and houseboy lifestyle?

So always helping your woman out cuz it doesn’t affect your job schedule makes you an houseboy?
You don’t know how stupid and myopic you sound saying this.

1 Like

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by lilyheaven: 10:23pm On May 31, 2020
beylinko02:
So it's not only me. First time experience with a pregnant wife.
We Got married early this year and God answered us. The experience has both being exciting, intriguing and at the same time exhausting.

Wifey about entering 2nd trimester but we haven't registered in any hospital simply because we are relocating and it won't make sense doing that here when we are leaving.

She has overcome the morning sickness now, no more mood swings and vomiting. But earlier on I practically did all the house chores. And the way she thanks me really embarrasses me when she goes out and comes back and see the house cleaned. And one thing that shows is she really wants to do but her complain is that she doesn't understand herself.

One other thing she craves for is different types of food as if it's a spirit that gives her inspiration per time. And when describing the food to me, she would close her eyes and with excitement in her voice using her hand to draw an invisible diagram she would described how she wants it cooked and done.
women en.

Things started getting better this week, I could remember going on my knees last Saturday to pray for her to be strengthened because I was practically tired.

She washed her cloths today and I was surprised she started washing the dishes too this week though I still help out. But before then, I would just close my eyes to some of those chores and do them even go to the market.

About the food, I am the person who cook and most times its when she goes to the shop, if not the smell triggers vomiting from her.

One other thing I realize is if I cook she would first say she doesn't want to eat but before you know it after I have eaten, you will see her in the kitchen dishing hers.

Lastly, I want to ask. We have not being making Love almost 2 months now and it's getting into me. it has been serious source of argument between us. I have called her and talked to her but for where, she just lockup o and you will hear her calling me, " baby come and Rub my bumbum. ”

Me I have made up my mind not to bring it up again will just let it happen again naturally.

Good husband you are trying.
First trimester can come in so many ways, but it's never fun no matter how some will come out to show they are strong, it's not true.
Once a woman is with a man that cares, that weakness that comes with first trimester will always show, some even get hospitalized,
What about those, their husband are out of town, husband that doesn't care, in this case she bottles her pain and weakness.
It's really nice for a woman to be around a loving husband at this period.
This is actually a stepping stone, because once the child is born, you will still be there, to run small small errands.
Becoming a loving husband and a loving daddy requires dedication and selflessness.
As for the Sexx aspect, please let's leave it till after 3months.
Congratulations papa baby.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by UgoFly: 10:49pm On May 31, 2020
Plead:

So always helping your woman out cuz it doesn’t affect your job schedule makes you an houseboy?
You don’t know how stupid and myopic you sound saying this.

Go find money marry and take your drugs. That a woman is harboring you doesn't mean you know a thing about marriage. Go find another matter to settle.
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 31, 2020
UgoFly:

Go find money marry and take your drugs. That a woman is harboring you doesn't mean you know a thing about marriage. Go find another matter to settle.

Common sense is not common...
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by UgoFly: 11:11pm On May 31, 2020
Plead:

and you don't have it.
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by UgoFly: 11:11pm On May 31, 2020
Plead:

and you don't have it.
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by ikemesit4477: 6:43am On Jun 01, 2020
UgoFly:
I have a six months pregnant wife at home and I have been at your position. mine was even worse cause at a point she turned me to a maid. The tone in her voice when she sends me on errands was the same you use on a gateman. Fear women. If I react negatively, she automatically calls me insensitive of her condition. What I went through during this lockdown is a story for another day. she doesn't sleep early so I had to massage her arm till whenever she sleeps, I dare not try to sleep before her. But throughout all these, I knew it was her hormones. When she entered 2nd trimester and became stronger, I had to start disappearing with style. I didn't confront her with it but when she doesn't see me she was forced to do some things and when I return , I act like she should have waited. At a point she realized she could actually help out and she got to appreciate me for everything I did. Still when little issues come up, she would straight up remind me that I am the most insensitive man on earth. Lol. Just tolerate her and show her all the love and support you can but be smart about it. Women are inbuilt dictators when given power. Yet you should know she is carrying your bundle of joy so brace up for whatever comes. Goodluck.
grin the tone in her voice when sending you an errand got me laughing! You are on point! I can relate!

1 Like

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by cooooooks(m): 9:58am On Jun 05, 2020
With the questions this man is asking, what do you think he'll do?

Ningen:
You want your pregnant wife to take care of the domestic chores you yourself find exhausting?

Abeg. Just keep up the good work. grin
Or get a house help to ease the workload.
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by beylinko02: 6:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
lilyheaven:

Good husband you are trying.
First trimester can come in so many ways, but it's never fun no matter how some will come out to show they are strong, it's not true.
Once a woman is with a man that cares, that weakness that comes with first trimester will always show, some even get hospitalized,
What about those, their husband are out of town, husband that doesn't care, in this case she bottles her pain and weakness.
It's really nice for a woman to be around a loving husband at this period.
This is actually a stepping stone, because once the child is born, you will still be there, to run small small errands.
Becoming a loving husband and a loving daddy requires dedication and selflessness.
As for the Sexx aspect, please let's leave it till after 3months.
Congratulations papa baby.

Sorry I have to quote you. Finally, we relocated and We made Love three times in a week ( please don't say I wan kill her.) and those times it Just happened naturally.
what I am able to deduce are these :
Women are emotional and complicated being and things around them has a way of affecting them..
Just tweak their environment, what they see, hear, taste etc and you get them.

When a woman is pregnant, she doesn't understand many things, including herself and during this period she needs all the supports she could get.

Men put them in the condition and it's logical you lend a helping hand and she would Love you for it.

During the First trimester, patience is the key. My wife found everything irritating, including me. One could be offended but patience and forgiving One another is an ingredient that should not get finished in your home.

My piece of advice. God bless

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

be good to everybody / My Father Broke My Virginity And Forced Me To Sleep With Him. Daughter Speaks / Foreign Used Merceded Benz E350 2014 Model*SOLD*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.