Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* - Phones (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* (49648 Views)

Xiaomi Compilation Thread Updated / Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by Bahddo(m): 11:39am On Jun 04, 2020
sajmark:

this is just what we need right now, the blocked Xiaomi thread got to 7000+ pages and was a thing of envy because initially we didn't send any other phone brand, you don't tell a blind man that it is raining!!! let's go back to the days of discussing and solving Xiaomi/miui related issues and thrive because to be honest I don't see a bright future ahead for this thread if some of us continue fighting the Xiaomi vs transsion cold war... Xiaomi is in league with Samsung and Huawei but sadly it has been relegated to the league of tecno and infinix on nairaland.
nice view, I totally agree. I get that many of us have used crap phones over the years, are upset about it and so bash the OEMs a lot, but yeah, you are right. Comparing those trash phones (made popular in Nigeria by deceit and ignorance) with Xiaomi so often might make it seem Xiaomi isn't light years ahead.

Many of us don't have experience with other good brands, and so compare with what we know or used to know.

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by naijasensei: 11:54am On Jun 04, 2020
jboixxx:

And to the Xiaomi peeps, let's talk less of transsion products as this thread is for Xiaomi devices. The less we talked about it, the better we get.

sajmark:

this is just what we need right now, the blocked Xiaomi thread got to 7000+ pages and was a thing of envy because initially we didn't send any other phone brand, you don't tell a blind man that it is raining!!!

While I agree with both of you, unfortunately things will never go back to how they were. Some trolls are beyond redemption, no matter how much you talk to them or reason with them. You are wrongly assuming that such people are responsible, and have a conscience. They have seared their conscience with a hot iron, so that they can sleep well at night. Engaging such people only emboldens them.
Imagine a grown man lurking on a thread with the sole intent of misinforming and misdirecting users genuinely searching for information. The unfortunate soul doesn't contribute anything useful to the thread, but chaos and distraction. One thing is sure though, there will always be a time of harvest. You cannot plant bitterleaf and expect to harvest oranges, if you prepare "anyhow" beans you will eat it yourself.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by jboixxx: 12:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
Vaultoflagos:

You have turned a blind eye to the activities of the members of this thread on infinix and other threads. I'm not trolling you or anyone. I'm just counteracting one sided views. Thanks for being patronising. How did you know I'm a King?
Setting the records straight on me turning a blind eye, those who followed Infinix thread late last year would testify to the fact that you're wrong on this (I've got some screenshots for you). I got to know Mr Dermmy and Itzneowizy on that thread and the likes of ddjay and Drjprince can testify to my position on their (The Djay+Dr) activities on Infinix thread.

Counteracting one sided view on Xiaomi thread? grin God is your strength.

...and you're welcome.

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by AududuNine11: 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
micxwell:
I really do not like whinning about the you-know-which..... devices but when you are parading your self up and down that you bought a device for 45k and you can't play PUBGlite @a balanced graphics and the the highest FPS without a very noticeable lag but a device of less than 30k (Redmi 7a) cry cry works effortlessly..... Tell me how one will not feel duped and cheated.
Install it on your Redmi 8a and enjoy.

Na sifia pain be that... Lol
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by genius43(m): 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
Re-echoing what others have said can we reduce the mention of the said brand.

1. It is becoming tiring

2. Leave the emperor mod alone.

3. We can thrive by having intellectual discussions and interactions without going vulgar.

4. Enjoy your new found love and try not to relive the past.

5. Don't become the virus you are trying to eradicate.

6. Their is a saying that if you argue with an ignorant person he will beat you with experience. So avoid even engaging such in any conversation you can smell it from miles away.

7. Still an addendum to bullet 6. Don't mention nor quote a troll, ignoring such posts won't kill you, don't even report. A wise saying once said "Silence is the best answer given to a fool".

Thanks for reading my plenty talk, God or whatever you believe in bless you as you comply.

30 Likes

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by RealEzee(m): 12:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
Darlinx01:
Oneplus and huawei, do they look like mates? Can oneplus carry all the google opposition huawei's been carrying and still survive? Talk more of retaining second position? Huawei's king man
yes OnePlus above Huawei anytime any day, Huawei tops oneplus in marketshare due to the fact that they are into other services aside making smart phones and that adds to their port folio that makes the company reach wider than OnePlus, whereas Oneplue is more into smartphone making, flagship killers to be exact.

OnePlus isnt famed flagship killer for nothing, it rivals the Samsung and Apple smartphone flagship and most cases tops in all round functionality and price, keep hauwei one side Ja re, since 2017 till date which mate series has outperform the oneplus na, the current mate P40 comes close to the OnePlus 8pro still makes the OnePlus 8pro a better choice when pricing is compared cos that's OnePlus selling point, giving you flagship worthy product at a lesser price than Samsung and Apple.

Top 10 smartphones:https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/buyers-guides/120309-best-smartphones-and-flagship-mobile-phones-to-buy

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-phone

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-android-phones,review-6051.html
3days ago

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-phones-568001/

2019 verdict : https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/dec/17/best-smartphone-2019-iphone-oneplus-samsung-and-huawei-compared-and-ranked

2018 verdict : https://www.cnet.com/news/smartphones-in-2018-the-years-biggest-winners-and-losers

Run your checks on most reviews about the oneplus product they always come off a better choice to Huawei all round, do your findings of year reviews of top flagship smartphones from 2017 till date OnePlus above hauwei, well its competition isn't even Huawei to start sef, let the Samsungs and Apples come out to battle and you will find OnePlus holding its ground.
feel free to go through the links I posted and counter if possible.

OnePlus above Huawei all time any day.
#NeverSettle
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by agrovick(m): 12:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hi guys, abeg which xiaomi model can one get for between 30 - 40k
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by abdsamad(m): 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
RealEzee:
yes OnePlus above Huawei anytime any day, Huawei tops oneplus in marketshare due to the fact that they are into other services aside making smart phones and that adds to their port folio that makes the company reach wider than OnePlus, whereas Oneplue is more into smartphone making, flagship killers to be exact.

OnePlus isnt famed flagship killer for nothing, it rivals the Samsung and Apple smartphone flagship and most cases tops in all round functionality and price, keep hauwei one side Ja re, since 2017 till date which mate series has outperform the oneplus na, the current mate P40 comes close to the OnePlus 8pro still makes the OnePlus 8pro a better choice when pricing is compared cos that's OnePlus selling point, giving you flagship worthy product at a lesser price than Samsung and Apple.

Top 10 smartphones:https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/buyers-guides/120309-best-smartphones-and-flagship-mobile-phones-to-buy

3days ago

2019 verdict : https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/dec/17/best-smartphone-2019-iphone-oneplus-samsung-and-huawei-compared-and-ranked

2018 verdict : https://www.cnet.com/news/smartphones-in-2018-the-years-biggest-winners-and-losers

Run your checks on most reviews about the oneplus product they always come off a better choice to Huawei all round, do your findings of year reviews of top flagship smartphones from 2017 till date OnePlus above hauwei, well its competition isn't even Huawei to start sef, let the Samsungs and Apples come out to battle and you will find OnePlus holding its ground.

#NeverSettle

Another fight is brewing. Weekend is getting sweet already even before its arrival

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by genius43(m): 1:02pm On Jun 04, 2020
RealEzee:

3days ago

#NeverSettle

Please this thread is too young to start this, create a thread for Huawei versus OnePlus. One sells more for a reason device Vs device. This place is not for that.

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by drake49(m): 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
Please where can i get RN8 PRO screen guard in Benin
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by Olonisakinibile(f): 1:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
Please help me with step by step installation of Gcam on Redmi note 9s.

Didn't see it in the tweak zone
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by RealEzee(m): 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
genius43:

Please this thread is too young to start this, create a thread for Huawei versus OnePlus. One sells more for a reason device Vs device. This place is not for that.
sustained, my apologies.

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by RealEzee(m): 1:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
abdsamad:

Another fight is brewing. Weekend is getting sweet already even before its arrival
lmao you like trouble
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by Karex81(m): 2:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by Artzdanielsz(m): 2:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
ShunTecnoInfinix:
"Explain "
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by khingTony(m): 2:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
losdiose:

Did you seriously compare OnePlus to Huawei or you are not the person that actually posted it?

If you know what Huawei have been through and they still retain their second spot position, you will not post that.

Oga, what a company have been through does not make them better, do you know what Buhari has gone through just to be the president of Nigeria? Does it make him better than someone else that didn't win the election?

They are in second place just because they are more popular and have more loyalists than Apple(3rd) and Xiaomi (4th) it doesn't mean they are better in making smartphones or their smartphones are better than The rest.

Many people Underrate Oneplus devices because the company is not popular, the same way Transsion guys Underrate Xiaomi because Tecno/ Infinix are more popular here in Nigeria .

So, If you are to place Oneplus devices and Huawei's side by side, there is obviously no comparison, Oneplus is the Overall winner, in every aspect, asides maybe the camera, any day any time.

if you don't believe me, go online, to tech blogs, to YouTube, and find out which Android phone most tech reviewers use as their daily driver, I'm sure you'll not come back and say Huawei devices are better than Oneplus's

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by happy662(m): 2:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
agrovick:
Hi guys, abeg which xiaomi model can one get for between 30 - 40k
redmi 8A but no finger print
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by genius43(m): 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
Olonisakinibile:
Please help me with step by step installation of Gcam on Redmi note 9s.

Didn't see it in the tweak zone

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/PixelCam_Plus_V1.0.apk
Config.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-HnY9XTQZRoODXBY7WPS8HyhUjWL_U-U/view?usp=drivesdk

The XML config file should be stored in this format. Create a folder on your phone storage named Gcam and inside that folder create another folder called ConfigsCamera7.
Paste the XML file in the ConfigsCamera7 folder.

Note create folders with the exact names and cases, it is case sensitive.

To apply config file on gcam follow the gif

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by ShunTecnoInfinix: 2:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
khingTony:

Oga, what a company have been through does not make them better, do you know what Buhari has gone through just to be the president of Nigeria? Does it make him better than someone else that didn't win the election?

They are in second place just because they are more popular and have more loyalists than Apple(3rd) and Xiaomi (4th) it doesn't mean they are better in making smartphones or their smartphones are better than The rest.

Many people Underrate Oneplus devices because the company is not popular, the same way Transsion guys Underrate Xiaomi because Tecno/ Infinix are more popular here in Nigeria .

So, If you are to place Oneplus devices and Huawei's side by side, there is obviously no comparison, Oneplus is the Overall winner, in every aspect, asides maybe the camera, any day any time.

if you don't believe me, go online, to tech blogs, to YouTube, and find out which Android phone most tech reviewers use as their daily driver, I'm sure you'll not come back and say Huawei devices are better than Oneplus's
K
case closed!! angry
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by genius43(m): 2:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
khingTony:

Camera is never OnePlus strong point and it will always be like that because they can't do better than their parent company OPPO same as Honor will never have better cameras than Huawei.

OnePlus shares R & D With the remaining of the larger BBK Electronics family so they won't really incorporate money spent on R & D like other OEMs.

If you say OnePlus offer value for money, you are right.

But overall you are overstretching.

Like I told the other moniker please create a thread for this argument

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by Olatomz1(f): 2:58pm On Jun 04, 2020
dmgr:
I have never for once make use of my IR remote, so i tried using it on my LG TV the other day but I didn't respond. I don't know mayb it was because it didn't set up right.

Mine works fine

It work with all the electronics I've tried

LG TV
AC

Etc
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by enigma0: 2:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
genius43:

Redmi Note 9 was released globally first
thanks for the info. I didn't know it'd been released globally. Is it available on jumia? Your view on the considering the MTK chipset
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by OHIsIManuEL(m): 3:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
jboixxx:
Setting the records straight on me turning a blind eye, those who followed Infinix thread late last year would testify to the fact that you're wrong on this (I've got some screenshots for you). I got to know Mr Dermmy and Itzneowizy on that thread and the likes of ddjay and Drjprince can testify to my position on their (The Djay+Dr) activities on Infinix thread.

Counteracting one sided view on Xiaomi thread? grin God is your strength.

...and you're welcome.
djay sef no be xiaomi user, na Samsung the bros dey use
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by genius43(m): 3:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
enigma0:

thanks for the info.
I didn't know it'd been released globally. Is it available on jumia?
Your view on the considering the MTK chipset

You should check out AliExpress first the pricing is fairer there.

The Chipset is okay.
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by gidieberry(m): 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
drake49:
Please where can i get RN8 PRO screen guard in Benin
i have but i am not in Benin, if you can foot the waybill, quote me
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by ElvisMcCoy(m): 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
That's much better grin grin grin

ShunTecnoInfinix:
All thanks to Alhaji Lei Jun cool
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by genius43(m): 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by ShunTecnoInfinix: 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
ElvisMcCoy:
That's much better grin grin grin
Fixed cool
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by talktalk4u: 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
Xiaomi people how far .. this is your prodigal son speaking
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by Jemerson: 3:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
May day! May day!

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by talktalk4u: 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
make we talk the truth all the devices we you are trash... if anyone using K20pro or Mi 9T i have a task for you ....

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (53) (Reply)

How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Airtime Without Your Concent / How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone / 5 Ways You Answer Phone Call In Public That Make You Look Local

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69