Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder (56929 Views)

Ex-officer Derek Chauvin, convicted In George Floyd’s killing, stabbed In prison / George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail / George Floyd: Minnesota Police Officers Fired After Death Of Unarmed Black Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by Bojack(m): 8:45am On May 30, 2020
America's problem....... if only we knew how many innocent civilians have been killed by the Nigerian police undecided
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:51am On May 30, 2020
Caseless:
Good!

This racist cunt should bury his head in shame.
are you an APC supporter?
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by udemzyudex(m): 8:51am On May 30, 2020
Something they should have done before all this riot, how can you just come out to say they have been sack, just like that?

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by Gunner1759: 8:51am On May 30, 2020
The maximum punishment the man is getting for 3rd degree murder in that state is 25 years and nothing more.
Racoon:
Arrest-good.
Charge-very good.
Prosecute, convict & sentence to death-excellent.
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by CandidNotes: 8:56am On May 30, 2020
25 years is the MAXIMUM for third degree murder in Minnesota but he won't get more than 5 years, just watch...

Gunner1759:
The maximum punishment the man is getting for 3rd degree murder in that state is 25 years and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by LaReinaa(f): 8:57am On May 30, 2020
very good for him.. he won't last in jail except they hide him in solitary confinement.
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by udemzyudex(m): 8:57am On May 30, 2020
mayklef:
if na 9ja, they wil just transfer this trigger happy bastad 2 another state....
Na lie, no dey talk nonsense.
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by LaReinaa(f): 9:00am On May 30, 2020
Agbalanze:
Third degree murder charge isn't enough...
Don't stress yours self because he won't last in jail, Karma will take care of him in weeks
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by Nobody: 9:02am On May 30, 2020
mayklef:
if na 9ja, they wil just transfer this trigger happy bastad 2 another state....
he's been fired already...as in sacked. The next step was arresting him, which they've done, followed by placing a charge on him. He will be tried soon and I doubt if he would escape justice. That's daylight murder. How can somebody already handcuffed been killed like an animal when he didn't even threaten the life of the officer, neither was he armed to justify the killing in self defence, just like that?

It reminds me of a black guy killed in a similar manner in Baton Rouge a few years back. Thank God some brave bystanders filmed the wicked police officer which was enough evidence. We are following the case closely. Unfortunately for him, he's not being charged in Nigeria where judicial system is ailing.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by annyz: 9:03am On May 30, 2020
Racoon:

https://punchng.com/cop-who-knelt-on-george-floyd-charged-with-murder/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

While the one that masterminded the killing of the mechanic Chima of IKOKU 5 was transferred for further shielding.

Hope the new CP and SG will holistically look into the cases and justice done as required.
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by Nobody: 9:13am On May 30, 2020
3rd degree murder, maximum of 25 years, if na white juries and judge, Hmmmm, the guy will get lesser sentence.
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by professore(m): 9:14am On May 30, 2020
This Trump
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by figure007(m): 9:14am On May 30, 2020
akinjojo1234:

The truth is most of these WHITES actually value their pets like cats and dogs more than BLACKS. It's the sad reality of living in the US. The racism there is out of this world and it's not going to end today undecided
their racism is still fair compared to that useless china.... Chinese schools are opened already but the black foreigners are told to stay indoor for now ...they distance themselves from the black according to a brother there ... Useless set of beings
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by rationalhuman(m): 9:16am On May 30, 2020
No one was killed in India, stop spreading fake news, In that video we just see brawl and mistreatment.
Quote A single Statement of Nigerian Embassy in India that a man was killed, there is no such report.
Or Put a source from any International Newspaper of such incident,
what i see is the someone posted a video on nairaland or may be on some cheap blog page. I have checked Nigerian Embessy`s tweets and there is no confirmation of such thing. If you have let us know.

Quote a source, These days i dont believe anything posted here and there, too much fake things. I am asking from everyone and Irony is that No one has any source of such news yet everyone is going wahala

JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
A great news, but they still have a long way to go, before y’all scream racism, the police officer and late George were coworkers

Don’t let the media deceive you cause we are in an election year, the police officer had been reported 12 times and nothing was done under the governors and mayors, Amy klobucher, a prospective vp nominee of the Democratic Party had the chance to bring this man to book but she didn’t, but now screams racism than the bereaved George family, turning the 2 races towards each other, is their goal, their objective has been achieved, which is a police state in Minneapolis, people targeting cops and burning 3 police stations, but couldn’t stop the cop when he choked the late George to death, never knew people will rather get cheap likes and views than save a fellow human, looting of target and Walmart store, and what? And not achieving our aim to stop racism and police brutality, cause this has been hijacked by scrupulous elements, I pray he gets served and sentenced according to law, if the media calls this police brutality, It’s still acceptable but referring to this as racism is utter rubbish, cause one of the 4 police officers that held him down was an Asian

Funny how black celebrities encourage violence against police and private individuals, but won’t get involve in it... grin

Look beyond the lines, be factual instead of being emotional, an igbo man was killed in India 2 days ago, I didn’t see any outrage from any nigerians but will masturbate over Americans issue

I smell hypocrisy or only black American lives matters

If you mention my moniker by calling me unfounded names, I’ll curse you vigorously in my dialect, I mean it, you’re warned!
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by losdiose(m): 9:17am On May 30, 2020
jeffizy:
Can't escape that.
With the nationwide protests currently going on.
No longer business as usual!

#ICAN'TBREATHE

Lol

Anything can still happen as far as it involves an African.
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by Grandmeister(m): 9:26am On May 30, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
are you an APC supporter?
Affirmative..you don't know that notoriously bigoted moniker?
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by incogni2o: 9:27am On May 30, 2020
I honestly dont know whg people like to put some things in a box.

We experience Police Brutality here too right?
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by mvem(m): 9:31am On May 30, 2020
Racoon:
Arrest-good.
Charge-very good.
he was charged with 3rd degree murder and man slaughter. That is a very small charge and can't even come with any thing strong. Try and read details, nothing like death sentence here. It was not a first degree or second degree murder charge
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by EUAnthony: 9:31am On May 30, 2020
Gunner1759:
For God's sake, this is 2020 nah. We shouldn't be hearing things like this.
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by mvem(m): 9:36am On May 30, 2020
DriggityDre:
Of course.

Initially, they said he even resisted arrest which was untrue;

Then, they said he died as a result of underlying medical issues. That the only damage done to him during the arrest was "trauma" to the mouth.

However, his medical report showed he died of asphyxiation (death due to lack of oxygen).

The FBI made it a top priority.
Footage from the officers' body cameras was turned over to the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.

These guys must face the law.

the guy was charged with 3rd degree murder and man slaughter, that is already a lesser charge and won't come with strong jail term. The prosecutors avoided 1st/2nd degree murder charge because they can't prove it and will be very hard to prove. The case honestly is already weak and trump didn't do anything extraordinary. Everything acted the way it should and FBI is automatically going to be on it. What Trump said is all what every US president will say...but from past experience and with the lesser murder charge the policeman won't have a strong jail term and the others might only be charged with manslaughter

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by mvem(m): 9:37am On May 30, 2020
jaxxy:

Trump already asked the fBI to investigate and justice served. That’s what happened. Smtmes we need more than just nice words.
the guy was charged with 3rd degree murder and man slaughter, that is already a lesser charge and won't come with strong jail term. The prosecutors avoided 1st/2nd degree murder charge because they can't prove it and will be very hard to prove. The case honestly is already weak and trump didn't do anything extraordinary. Everything acted the way it should and FBI is automatically going to be on it. What Trump said is all what every US president will say...but from past experience and with the lesser murder charge the policeman won't have a strong jail term and the others might only be charged with manslaughter

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by tonididdy(m): 9:41am On May 30, 2020
whether you like it or not this is the true definition of the world power countries.

THEY ARE ALL MASSIVE RACISTS... from China to Russia and USA and the UK.

there was no point holding the deceased down... ok fine you held him down, cuffed him and made him seat.... why was he held down so long, waiting for what backup?
already it was 4 policemen against 1 so why wasn't he cuffed and taken away or better still cuffed and made to wait for backup.

why choke him?

anyway like every other racist incident... this one will be forgotten so soon.

RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by omoharry(f): 10:04am On May 30, 2020
DriggityDre:
Just saw it on CNN.

Yes, this is the main message passed. Well said, Obama.

His death has been compared to the death of one, Eric Garner, another black man who died by strangulation in 2014, at the hands of NYPD officers.

I hope justice would be served.

I also hope that it wasn't the protests and anarchy that pushed the authorities to make him face the law.
of cos it was. be like sey u nor know these American police people .They know how to protect their own when they commit a serious crime against the black community..They are easily forgiven and a cover up will be put in place to make it go away .But if the crime is against another white person then they are persecuted .

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by dangoteinlaw: 10:05am On May 30, 2020
He's not gonna die, its 3rd degree murder/ man slaughter so surely will walk. Racism is real people!
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by dangoteinlaw: 10:08am On May 30, 2020
Tiwatopebabe:
Third degree murder! Murder not by intent! This may not go down well with the protesters.
that guy won't get more than 10years in jail, u wanna bet? Racism is real people!!

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by Infinixs5: 10:11am On May 30, 2020
Racoon:

https://punchng.com/cop-who-knelt-on-george-floyd-charged-with-murder/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

they worked togther fot 17 years....Maybe na Personal bef.....
Its simple;those who know you will always take you down..
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by omoharry(f): 10:11am On May 30, 2020
flavnwokem:
3rd degree murder, maximum of 25 years, if na white juries and judge, Hmmmm, the guy will get lesser sentence.
A lot can happen in prison even if he is sent for 10years.I shall know that he will never come out thesame again .

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by Nobody: 10:23am On May 30, 2020
BillymcJean:

I still wonder how a black man rule in a white land (USA) for 8years ( 2009-2017), and ordinary bill against racism could not be passed ? .....Mehn we are still slaves to the whites.
But our people here treats the whites like an angel from above.
(Black will continue to represent "The
Unfortunate"wink
They tell you black is beautiful, guy wake up ..... Don't be Myopic

F#ck my opinion though

oh lastly, don't bother to quote me , I'm already going back to bed and I won't open this tread again. RIP to the dead embarassed
#justicemustprevail
Laslas then don lie for us say the guy get health issues

Don't forget to add our people practice tribalism too, which is a distant relative to racism
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by Nobody: 10:30am On May 30, 2020
Infinixs5:

they worked togther fot 17 years....Maybe na Personal bef.....
Its simple;those who know you will always take you down..
come on. You're the fifth person writing this. Surely you should expect that there will be many hail-mary attempts to spin this story. Media was awash with reports that he was resisting arrest, not until cctv footage from another angle showed that to be false. Initially, they said it was just one police officer who was waiting for backup, as the reason why he did the choke hold, not until pictures from a bystander surfaced showing there were three other officers purposely hiding beside the car and holding him down. Recent footage has shown that a police officer Jacob Pederson actually potentiated the looting spree (the atmosphere was tense so he dangled the carrot that set things off). Why in the hell would you still believe these wishy-washy reports? There will still be many more as you will see, and if we are propagating that, you would only be helping their sick agenda. They would work together for 17years and he would do that??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by Chirowman(m): 10:43am On May 30, 2020
say No to Racism
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by AFONJACOW(m): 10:46am On May 30, 2020
Hole him up with highly infected coronaVirus patience on their last stage for 28 days without med and food, if he survive it , then drop him in the middle of Sahara desert without water and provision and allow him to walk home to his family

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder by Isaacvin(m): 10:48am On May 30, 2020
Racoon:
Arrest-good.
Charge-very good.
US will never kill a po! for a civilian..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Policewoman, Naomi Danlami, Fakes Her Own Kidnap To Fund Her Wedding (Photo) / Underage Prostitution In Nigeria / Photo Of AAU Female Body Found Close To School Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.