Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,525 members, 7,954,989 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:42 PM

Obasanjo Sacks Staff Of His Presidential Library, Refuses To Pay Salaries - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Obasanjo Sacks Staff Of His Presidential Library, Refuses To Pay Salaries (44357 Views)

Staff Of Yale Shot Dead By The Police In Ibadan / Chicken Republic Sacks Staff For Dancing On Duty / ICS Outsourcing Limited Sacks Staff Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Sacks Staff Of His Presidential Library, Refuses To Pay Salaries by Stillthebest: 10:46am On May 30, 2020
shocked

Realistically, OPL operates library and a resort-in-hotels, these services are badly affected by covid-19. They can't make money to cover running costs and salaries.

The Post covid-19 is very at sight for economies and jobs. It will just take sometimes before things get back to normal.
If OPL sack is not fake, well isnt it better than keeping you without pay. But, OPL should do well to pay backlogs if truly the owner is truly believe Buhari hasn't done well.
Re: Obasanjo Sacks Staff Of His Presidential Library, Refuses To Pay Salaries by gudugudumeje: 10:56am On May 30, 2020
OBASANJO hasn't got the brain and competence(network) to make a library work to regenerate itself, sustainably and meaningfully.Only to loot and acquire artefacts do only make a pygmy's business of a library...
Re: Obasanjo Sacks Staff Of His Presidential Library, Refuses To Pay Salaries by Hoodbilonia: 11:02am On May 30, 2020
He is going broke
Re: Obasanjo Sacks Staff Of His Presidential Library, Refuses To Pay Salaries by Nobody: 11:55am On May 30, 2020
Nigeria bank has finished this Nation.
They are silence killer and unarmed robbers.
If you're in doubt, below are series of charges always place on innocent customers on a single banking transaction.

1 VAT.
2. Account maintenance charges
3. SMS alert charges
4. Transfer charges
5. Poster STAMP DUTY charges
6. Weekend charges.
Now, the Apex bank, the unarmed robbers' boss introduced a CASHLESS ECONOMY whereby everyone does not need to carry cash for any transaction.
The problem is this: I am Cement trader. The landing cost of a bag of cement is #2,550 while we sell #2,600. That is a profit of just #50 per bag of cement.
Now on every 2 bag of cement, a customer transfer #5,200 into my account due to CASHLESS policy and my profits is #100.
To my amazement, the bank deducted the following on that transaction!
1. #53 transfer charges.
2. #100 Postal STAMP duty.
3. #6.98 VAT.
4. #76 SMS alerts charges.
5. #93.13 account maintenance charges.
That's was not enough, on every single transaction, both account FROM which money is being transferred and the account TO which money is being transferred were changed for same transaction.
If you're in doubt, find out by requesting for your account statement.
Don't forget the bank had already lay off and reduce number of staff due to self service banking system o because more customers don't have to visit banking hall for transaction again. So. Amount being pay on salaries and allowances of staff dropped.
Did the CBN Governor or FED government knows what they are doing at all.??
Or it was a deliberate acts of exploiting the poor citizens??
So, we are now being tricking enslaved by Government and the Bank??
This government will still come and collect income tax, trade permit at both state and federal level.
Who do we offend in Nigeria for us to have such extremely bad leaders, worst agencies and bad Nation like this
No wonder businesses are being fold up and liquidated on daily basis!?!
No wonder people now buried cash in cementaries and farms
Our Senators and House of Representatives who supposed to be vanguard of common are not but a curse as well.
Who will put an end to all this injustice
While I run around in rain and Sun for business to survive, the banks management just sit back in air conditioning and relax to feed on our sweat.
Very soon, they will complaints of shortage of cash in circulation because people will find alternative savings and security for the cash.
Please, kindly help repost until it get to the appropriate authorities to end the Nigeria bank madness.
By BANJO Stephen.
Copied
Re: Obasanjo Sacks Staff Of His Presidential Library, Refuses To Pay Salaries by lovelessf: 12:16pm On May 30, 2020
God have mercy,see how innocent had been punished
Re: Obasanjo Sacks Staff Of His Presidential Library, Refuses To Pay Salaries by Afamcy: 12:26pm On May 30, 2020
This obasanjo get mind oo

Re: Obasanjo Sacks Staff Of His Presidential Library, Refuses To Pay Salaries by ekestic1976(f): 12:56pm On May 30, 2020
femicyrus:
He don jam am, I don tell am /2x

Obj worked against Gej in favour of GMB in 2015.

The masquerade never heeded to warnings that he was heading towards the express road.

Aren't you ever tired of this your lines? GEJ has moved on but here you are wailing, taking panadol for someone else's headache.
Re: Obasanjo Sacks Staff Of His Presidential Library, Refuses To Pay Salaries by oshorstan(m): 1:48pm On May 30, 2020
funmike83:
Let's be realistic here, is the library actually making money? I don't see how a library will generate funds when schools are closed down. It will be difficult paying

how is that library generating funds? I thought about it too
Re: Obasanjo Sacks Staff Of His Presidential Library, Refuses To Pay Salaries by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 30, 2020
Yes l knew this retrenchment of a thing starts from them even before l was retrenched from where l work.
This people has spoiled Nigeria they have failed us on every side and it can never be hold again.
With all looting and looters Nothing will be change.
Who want to question them who can even question them ?? Because of fear of unknown.
They made themselves a god and the government and the law of the land are worshiping them.
Re: Obasanjo Sacks Staff Of His Presidential Library, Refuses To Pay Salaries by ajl: 3:09pm On May 30, 2020
Jostoman:
They want to start their propaganda again with obasanjo. Baba please don't mind those APC online miscreant oo

Is Obasanjo your father? Tell him to go pay his staff salaries. Is it by force to have a presidential library? That white elephant project he used to squeeze donations out of political contractors is unlikely to have happy ending because it's all laid on a shaky foundation.
Re: Obasanjo Sacks Staff Of His Presidential Library, Refuses To Pay Salaries by john650(m): 3:17pm On May 30, 2020
He blames Covid-19 for not meeting his payroll obligations but in actuality he started owing his employees last year before the onset of the virus.

My take away from this story is that Obasanjo no longer has access to the Federal Government cofers which he uses to offset his personal expenses. It is really a shame that these are the type of leaders we are saddled with.

He was recently criticizing the United States for requesting that an independent body investigate the activities of the embattled president of AFDB, Adesina for corruption. The U.S was trying to avoid having the likes of Obansanjo squander the resources of the organisation.
Re: Obasanjo Sacks Staff Of His Presidential Library, Refuses To Pay Salaries by Jostoman: 4:55pm On May 30, 2020
ajl:

Is Obasanjo your father? Tell him to go pay his staff salaries. Is it by force to have a presidential library? That white elephant project he used to squeeze donations out of political contractors is unlikely to have happy ending because it's all laid on a shaky foundation.
na you sabi
Re: Obasanjo Sacks Staff Of His Presidential Library, Refuses To Pay Salaries by Ojady(m): 5:18pm On May 30, 2020
Again, this right here is one of the problems Nigeria has : copying Western behaviour without thinking futuristically or relevance. Building a library is aimed at immortalizing, amongst other reasons, a President. This is typical amongst US Presidents however, in Nigeria, it is publicized to do such but the reality is just to waste resources. That edifice in total, land and structure is worth millions. Everyone knows that majority of Nigerians cannot read, do not read at all, peruse and conclude after the first 6 lines, and are losing the ability to read - who then, decides to build a library. Ben Bruce knew this and so built Silverbird Galleria etc... for entertainment, which unfortunately will outlast Presidential Library.
I am guessing the place is about to be converted to something else...the periphery (30k, 50k employees) being the first to go

I suggest a university annex, a government parastatal, a hospital, a research center,etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Considered A Good Annual Salary In Usa,uk And Nigeria? / Linguistics And Mass Communication: Which Is The Better Course? / HELP: I'm Deeply In Love With My Boss!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.