Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Forcefully Sleeping With Your Wife Against Her Will Is Not Rape Under Nigerian L - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Forcefully Sleeping With Your Wife Against Her Will Is Not Rape Under Nigerian L (890 Views)

Teddy A Forcefully Grabs And Squeezes Alex’s Boobs After She Grabbed His Manhood / Man Forcefully Romanced A Lady He Bought Phone For, Then She Bit Him / He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forcefully Sleeping With Your Wife Against Her Will Is Not Rape Under Nigerian L by 360vibez(m): 11:38pm On May 30, 2020
A legal practitioner in Nigeria has revealed that in Nigerian law, forcefully sleeping with your wife against her will is not rape.

Barrister Kutuh took to his Twitter page to reveal that the Nigerian law does consider sleeping with your spouse in marriage without the other party’s consent as rape because a man can not rape his own wife under Nigerian law.

“The laws governing rape in Nigeria are the Criminal Code and the Penal Code. The Criminal Code is applicable to Southern Nigeria and the Penal Code is applicable to Northern Nigeria.

The Penal Code, states under Section 282, that......

Read more below
https://360vibez.com.ng/forcefully-sleeping-with-your-spouse-against-her-will-is-not-rape-under-nigerian-law-say-barr-kutuh/
Re: Forcefully Sleeping With Your Wife Against Her Will Is Not Rape Under Nigerian L by PricyTech: 11:41pm On May 30, 2020
First of all, what is rape?

Baba op, unconsented sex is rape simple. Let's be guided. You don't buy a woman .

She isn't a property

1 Like

Re: Forcefully Sleeping With Your Wife Against Her Will Is Not Rape Under Nigerian L by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 30, 2020
Ok... Oya go dey rape your wife because Nigeria law no support am, na sex object she be
Re: Forcefully Sleeping With Your Wife Against Her Will Is Not Rape Under Nigerian L by SenorFax(m): 11:46pm On May 30, 2020
dirtydiva:
Ok... Oya go dey rape your wife because Nigeria law no support am, na sex object she be
If a wife forces her husband to have sex with her, will you call it rape??

I'm not saying rape is good, but someone you've had sex with countless times now forming rape to get back at you ain't cool.

I fear who no fear women
Re: Forcefully Sleeping With Your Wife Against Her Will Is Not Rape Under Nigerian L by Vyzz: 11:57pm On May 30, 2020
grin

Why force her when u can walk out and get it somewhere else jejely
Re: Forcefully Sleeping With Your Wife Against Her Will Is Not Rape Under Nigerian L by Vyzz: 11:57pm On May 30, 2020
grin

Why force her when u can walk out and get it somewhere else jejely
Re: Forcefully Sleeping With Your Wife Against Her Will Is Not Rape Under Nigerian L by yanabasee1(m): 11:59pm On May 30, 2020
Whether she is your wife or girlfriend or someone you spend your hard earned money on.....If she's not consenting to any sexual agreement, and you force your way into her.....it's a rape...

You don't force people against their wills and you justify it with the country's constitution that supports corruption and enslaving of tribes and tagging them as minority!!

1 Like

Re: Forcefully Sleeping With Your Wife Against Her Will Is Not Rape Under Nigerian L by kamikaze01(m): 12:00am On May 31, 2020
Yes it's not rape bcouse. Rape is when someone has an unlawful canal knowledge of a woman with out her consent or with her consent if the consent is obtain by fraud, force,or any form of intimidation or in case of married woman, by impersonating her husband.

The reason why under Nig law (both the Penal and Criminal code) says a husband can not be charge of raping his wife is bcouse rape is an un consented sex with a woman. For a woman to agree for marriage means she has automatically given her consent to sex and hence her husband can not be criminally liable if he has sex with his wife but the law made it clear that if in the process of sexual intercourse a man injured his wife, he will be charge of assault.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forcefully Sleeping With Your Wife Against Her Will Is Not Rape Under Nigerian L by Nobody: 3:17am On May 31, 2020
SenorFax:

If a wife forces her husband to have sex with her, will you call it rape??

I'm not saying rape is good, but someone you've had sex with countless times now forming rape to get back at you ain't cool.

I fear who no fear women
How can dat be termed possible? The said two na same body by matrimony no means say both be object but wife raping their husband hv not bn confirmed anywhere and doesn't stand.
Re: Forcefully Sleeping With Your Wife Against Her Will Is Not Rape Under Nigerian L by Bluezy13(m): 7:35am On May 31, 2020
kamikaze01:
Yes it's not rape bcouse. Rape is when someone has an unlawful canal knowledge of a woman with out her consent or with her consent if the consent is obtain by fraud, force,or any form of intimidation or in case of married woman, by impersonating her husband.

The reason why under Nig law (both the Penal and Criminal code) says a husband can not be charge of raping his wife is bcouse rape is an un consented sex with a woman. For a woman to agree for marriage means she has automatically given her consent to sex and hence her husband can not be criminally liable if he has sex with his wife but the law made it clear that if in the process of sexual intercourse a man injured his wife, he will be charge of assault.

Thanks for clarifying
Re: Forcefully Sleeping With Your Wife Against Her Will Is Not Rape Under Nigerian L by Nobody: 7:41am On May 31, 2020
Bukatyne talk am o
Re: Forcefully Sleeping With Your Wife Against Her Will Is Not Rape Under Nigerian L by SenorFax(m): 7:57am On May 31, 2020
dirtydiva:
How can dat be termed possible? The said two na same body by matrimony no means say both be object but wife raping their husband hv not bn confirmed anywhere and doesn't stand.
So in short, it's only men that rapes women in marriage according to your observation, and it doesn't stand actually mean it's not possible right?

Because you've never seen one doesn't mean I doesn't happen, infact, it happens more frequently than men forcing their wives. Because most women see sex as a way of punishing their husband and also as a tool to destroy him.

Women actually have a way of getting public pity hence husband raping wives got a ground it shouldn't get in the first place.

We really are in women's world. And we shouldn't judge a situation we've never been in.
Re: Forcefully Sleeping With Your Wife Against Her Will Is Not Rape Under Nigerian L by lightangel65i(m): 9:50pm On May 31, 2020
PricyTech:
First of all, what is rape?

Baba op, unconsented sex is rape simple. Let's be guided. You don't buy a woman .

She isn't a property

I think igbo girls are after spending 10million naira on them for bride price

(1) (Reply)

10 Emotional Wedding Anniversary Wishes For Husband / The 9 Things A Woman Can Use To Attract Good And Rich Husband. / Hidden Truth About Love Spell You Must Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.