Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? (28884 Views)

Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair? / Can You Be A Politician And Still Be A Genuine Christian / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by teemy(m): 2:28pm On May 31, 2020
SharonLoveth:

Another slave sighted

All the best love
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Lawsimon(m): 2:31pm On May 31, 2020
First, you should define who is a Christian?

You must clarify that a Christian is not a church goer and someone born to Christian parents or into Christian family.
How do you now determined who a Christian is?

Going by your statement that our focus should be heavenly, which is correct, becoming a billionaire should not be the goal of any Christian her on Earth. But if in the course of doing your business, fortune falls on you, fine.

Any Christian whose vision is to become a billionaire has lost the vision of the kingdom. He or she has started being mindful of earthly things

The Bible says, where your treasure is, that is where your heart lies. THIS IS VERY TRUE.

HAVING SAID THAT, A GENUINE CHRISTIAN CAN BECOME A BILLIONAIRE.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by sholay2011(m): 2:39pm On May 31, 2020
Yes.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Babaloko02(m): 2:40pm On May 31, 2020
I strongly believe there can be christian billionaires that make clean money, remember that riches and wealth belongs to God, People like Issac and Jacob were known to be extremely wealthy without cutting corners. If God was able to raise people like that in the past, he can raise them again, even in this corrupt nation we are. God is the one that gives the ability to make wealth. There are ideas that are not yet tap into that God can reveal to you and that will just be it.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Tife20: 2:40pm On May 31, 2020
GeneralPula:
There’s has never been any genuine Holy billionaire and there will never be..

Infact, there’s no genuine billionaire. If you don’t pay your dues, you’ll get scrapped..

Forget all the paparazzi they put online, there’s always something for something!

Hmmm this is very deep

Meanwhile you can also join our community where you can post

www.talkpalsforum.com

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Liveordie: 2:46pm On May 31, 2020
'Genuine Christians'... and some people are referring to Solomon, Abraham, Job etc - they are JEWS and not Christians never practiced Christianity. So as a practising christian, it is not possible to be a billionaire without being shady in your dealing no matter how small.

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Legendguru: 2:58pm On May 31, 2020
no
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by henrixx(m): 2:59pm On May 31, 2020
executive12:

It's good to hear that the Pastor is doing something productive to create wealth and possibly become rich.
Do you know what transpired before he could get concession from the State government? I will be surprised if money did not change hands. The Pastor and the civil servants involved will obviously not call it bribe. But I will bet that money changed hands. I don't know of any Nigerian government office you can go to transact business and not drop a little something here and there.
If that is the case, then some corners have been cut.
I doubt. looks more like a compliment from the govt. but only GOD knows.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 3:16pm On May 31, 2020
chiboy1116:
dude Paul was a lawyer .

Dude,Paul wasn't rich but he had rich people in his outreaches which I believe is a good model.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by WorriorPlus: 3:33pm On May 31, 2020
Very possible.

Learn something useful during this lockdown. ClickBank is one of such genuine online business you can learn and make money with. There are ways you can open a ClickBank account even in restricted countries. I can be of help.

Meanwhile, Learn To Make Money With ClickBank >>>CHECK HERE
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by lastchild: 3:39pm On May 31, 2020
Vanderandrew:
Can a genuine Christian become a billionaire without cutting corners, engaging in shady deals, following the world system, selling his soul to the devil for wealth.

Remember we are not of this world and we must not crave for the things of this world. Even Satan tried to tempt Jesus saying if He bow to him, he will give him the kingdoms of this world but Jesus replied Satan with it is written, thou shalt worship the Lord your God and only him shall thou serve. (Luke 4:cool

We may claim there are Christian billionaires but you don't know how they got their wealth, you don't know whether they cut corners or engage in shady deals, corruption, cocaine business, kidnapping to acquire their wealth.
in summary you are sayi that God can't make anyone a billionaire?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Olumeme: 3:49pm On May 31, 2020
In Nigeria? NO!
You'll cut corners, bribe etc
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by ThothHermes: 4:07pm On May 31, 2020
executive12:

This ignoramus doesn't know that one has to pay tax on cash gift to an individual.
Which part of our constitution says this?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by spyglaxx: 4:21pm On May 31, 2020
You can't be sleeping for 8 hrs and become rich you will die poor. Prov 6:6-10

If you are living above your means you will die poor.

Pastor Ashimolowo reads six books on prosperity in a week.
Many Christians hate reading with passion.

Oyedepo has read volumes of schematics of world leading universities before starting Covenant university.

In this 21st century the heavier your info bank the heavier your money � bag Hosea 4:6

You can't be spending 5hrs with zee world and become rich.

The Enugu guy that developed a prototype for a rocket propelled helicopter was approached by Russia with $5million.

To become a billionaire just develop a product that sells for #10 and sell it to 100 million people.

Lack of knowledge is a sin.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Cousin9999: 4:22pm On May 31, 2020
Sometimes that almost happens by accident because someone just shows up at the right time, with the right idea, and gets an opportunity.

So it's possible to be that rich without any shady activity.

Some people also work very hard their whole life and sacrifice a lot to achieve that. These are people working 20-hour days, and willing to endure conditions and lifestyles that most refuse. They do it because they know it will pay off, and they want to leave the next generation massive wealth. They want a legacy too, and to create something for a community.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 31, 2020
executive12:

Confused Muslim. Islam is a religion of deceit. Go and read up on the life of Mohammed and you should be ashamed of calling yourself a Muslim.
I am proud of the life Jesus Christ lived on earth. Are you proud of the life Mohammed lived on earth?

Yes jare, good boy!

I guess you're proud of your Yahweh being a child abuser; asking that children and animals should be KILLED for an offence they know nothing about. What could justify that even if we assume that the adults he asked to be killed alongside were guilty of something? What could justify the killing of the innocent little ones?

you want proof? See:

1 Samuel: 15. 3. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. - Bible Offline

Numbers: 31. 17. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. - Bible Offline

And I guess you're also proud of how Yahweh commanded Isaiah to walk the streets naked and barefoot. The worst thing was your Yahweh intended to use that shameful and useless action as a SIGN AND WONDER?? He also commanded some other people to follow that example. I guess you're proud of that too.

you want proof? See:

Isaiah: 20. 2. At the same time spake the LORD by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loins, and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he did so, walking naked and barefoot. 3. And the LORD said, Like as my servant Isaiah hath walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia; 4. So shall the king of Assyria lead away the Egyptians prisoners, and the Ethiopians captives, young and old, naked and barefoot, even with their buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt. - Bible Offline

Quote me saying rubbish and I will bring you some other things you should be proud ashamed of about your Yahweh... grin

ThatFairGuy come and see part of the things the E-diot wants to be proud of.... grin grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by jolyment: 4:43pm On May 31, 2020
Yes, am already a millionaire. I believe God will push me to billionaire level.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by iqiq: 4:44pm On May 31, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by ThatFairGuy: 5:03pm On May 31, 2020
Ryocaj:

If only u had read d Bible.. All d questions u asked are answered..
Jesus is NOT God.. - John 20:31,Mark 10:18 ,John 14:28, Matthew 26:39 , amidst other scriptures..

Yes Jesus is d Son, Servant n Messenger of God .. just as a Prince is subject to a King.. A Prince is d Son n heir, he also serves d King n can convey his message to other Kingdoms..

Jesus never worshipped any Idol.. though d Jews had idols.. he wasn't brought up worshipping them.. n he started teaching in d Temple at a very Tender age..

There is only one God.

Christmas was a pagan thing.. Not all Christians celebrate it or confirm to it as Biblical.. My Doctrine forbids it..

Your own understanding is different, lemme call these people to have a glimpse of some reality in your words
Cc. pieces18 kenplay Benbellamor executive12 neogenesis Righteousness89
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by ThatFairGuy: 5:08pm On May 31, 2020
executive12:

Confused Muslim. Islam is a religion of deceit. Go and read up on the life of Mohammed and you should be ashamed of calling yourself a Muslim.
I am proud of the life Jesus Christ lived on earth. Are you proud of the life Mohammed lived on earth?
Bros, I no fight you. All I know is JESUS means a WILD PIG in Greeks. What an utmost insult from Christians to have call a whole Prophet of God such horrible name
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by ThatFairGuy: 5:09pm On May 31, 2020
IAmMysterious:

Yes jare, good boy!

I guess you're proud of your Yahweh being a child abuser; asking that children and animals should be KILLED for an offence they know nothing about. What could justify that even if we assume that the adults he asked to be killed alongside were guilty of something? What could justify the killing of the innocent little ones?

you want proof? See:

1 Samuel: 15. 3. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. - Bible Offline

Numbers: 31. 17. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. - Bible Offline

And I guess you're also proud of how Yahweh commanded Isaiah to walk the streets naked and barefoot. The worst thing was your Yahweh intended to use that shameful and useless action as a SIGN AND WONDER?? He also commanded some other people to follow that example. I guess you're proud of that too.

you want proof? See:

Isaiah: 20. 2. At the same time spake the LORD by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loins, and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he did so, walking naked and barefoot. 3. And the LORD said, Like as my servant Isaiah hath walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia; 4. So shall the king of Assyria lead away the Egyptians prisoners, and the Ethiopians captives, young and old, naked and barefoot, even with their buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt. - Bible Offline

Quote me saying rubbish and I will bring you some other things you should be proud ashamed of about your Yahweh... grin

ThatFairGuy come and see part of the things the E-diot wants to be proud of.... grin grin cheesy
No mind am, let him be running away from the truth
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Advancedman(m): 5:09pm On May 31, 2020
whytediamond:
Source: Wikipedia

John Davison Rockefeller Sr. (July 8, 1839 – May 23, 1937) was an American business magnate and philanthropist. He is widely considered the wealthiest American of all time and the richest person in modern history.

His time is different from now and it's harder now than then.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by machiavelli95: 5:18pm On May 31, 2020
Imustsurvive:
I have never seen a honest man like my father, I serious believer , he never tell lies but any reward for that? No!!

Wealth is spiritual and is not just a reward for proper moral conduct. There is no mountain of Influence (read Luke chapter 4 vs 5-cool that the devil doesn't have strong powers guarding the gate and enforcing the satanic system which demands that your hands must be soiled before you prosper. So if you as a Christian want to prosper and remain holy, you have to take spiritual warfare very seriously and contend against those powers.
Generally prosperity in God's kingdom has a system to it. Integrity is just one of the components. Some things you have to add are:
1. Destroying every limitation of darkness placed on your finances. Warfare is very important for you to prosper.
2. Develop and offer value in excellent goods and services.
3. Engage the ministry of the prophet. Connection to a genuine prophet or prophetic altar is vital.
4. Using your wealth at whatever level it is to service the kingdom of God.
5. Engaging God in Covenants. Every wealthy genuine pastor or man of God you see today has a covenant with God that grants him access to the grace for supernatural wealth. They might not tell the general congregation because some dealings of God with us are meant to be concealed. But only those very close to them may know it by careful observation.
6. Integrity and righteousness.

So being good is not enough, to advance in life,you have to contend.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by benzion72(m): 5:50pm On May 31, 2020
Mistake most people make is that, No Billionaire or millionaire has billion in a bank. In fact most time they have more debit than credit. Their money is inform of asset. I have been privileged to see Dangote balance sometimes ago with a bank, it is more than 22 billion debit and he has various debit account across banks. Any body can build their asset to billions without stealing. It is Nigeria mentality that you must steal to make it
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Dandsome: 6:11pm On May 31, 2020
why not? you can make some cool cash when you share Airtime and Data on Airtel when you dial *432#. start from little beginnings and watch God bless you to big things.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Dandsome: 6:11pm On May 31, 2020
abi?
benzion72:
Mistake most people make is that, No Billionaire or millionaire has billion in a bank. In fact most time they have more debit than credit. Their money is inform of asset. I have been privileged to see Dangote balance sometimes ago with a bank, it is more than 22 billion debit and he has various debit account across banks. Any body can build their asset to billions without stealing. It is Nigeria mentality that you must steal to make it
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by aalangel(f): 6:14pm On May 31, 2020
Poverty stricken question.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Digitalstarlite: 6:16pm On May 31, 2020
aalangel:
Poverty stricken question.

Babe...it is own talk and ppl gave him d answer and dey brought to front page...hardly do I read comment or even click on news dis days...

U re doing well
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 31, 2020
ume1000:
Yes they can

Been a billionaire doesn't necessarily mean you must get involved in shaddy deals

According to today's standard was. Job not a billionaire

Did he get involved in shaddy deals
How about them being fair to the (unknown) workers at the bottom of the food chain who do most of the work with little pay?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Ogagawhite(f): 6:30pm On May 31, 2020
Yes for sure but be rest assured that no be billionaires go enter heaven oh only dose that r redeemed with the blood of the lamb ( JESUS CHRIST ) also those that endured till the end with dose that practice holiness.follow peace with all men holiness with out which no man shall see GOD

If ur billion can fetch u all d above, den good for you

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by BrainRider: 6:30pm On May 31, 2020
I once had this thought too.
I started by asking myself if I would make it big with my habit of saying this is bad, my fate is against this, this is a sin and that bla bla bla

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem / Rev. Kenneth Oyakhilome (CA, US) Convicted Of Fraud / What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.