Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? (28815 Views)

Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair? / Can You Be A Politician And Still Be A Genuine Christian / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Perfectbeing(m): 6:50pm On May 31, 2020
If your pastor makes you uncomfortable with your wealth (made in a genuine and legal way) or makes you feel comfortable in your poverty, please change your church
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by itzdeejay: 6:54pm On May 31, 2020
SharonLoveth:

GRANDPA is that all?
Yes baby(granddaughter)..you can go.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 31, 2020
machiavelli95:

Wealth is spiritual and is not just a reward for proper moral conduct. There is no mountain of Influence (read Luke chapter 4 vs 5-cool that the devil doesn't have strong powers guarding the gate and enforcing the satanic system which demands that your hands must be soiled before you prosper. So if you as a Christian want to prosper and remain holy, you have to take spiritual warfare very seriously and contend against those powers.
Generally prosperity in God's kingdom has a system to it. Integrity is just one of the components. Some things you have to add are:
1. Destroying every limitation of darkness placed on your finances. Warfare is very important for you to prosper.
2. Develop and offer value in excellent goods and services.
3. Engage the ministry of the prophet. Connection to a genuine prophet or prophetic altar is vital.
4. Using your wealth at whatever level it is to service the kingdom of God.
5. Engaging God in Covenants. Every wealthy genuine pastor or man of God you see today has a covenant with God that grants him access to the grace for supernatural wealth. They might not tell the general congregation because some dealings of God with us are meant to be concealed. But only those very close to them may know it by careful observation.
6. Integrity and righteousness.

So being good is not enough, to advance in life,you have to contend.
Thank you Sir
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by chiboy1116: 7:55pm On May 31, 2020
kushe:

Dude,Paul wasn't rich but he had rich people in his outreaches which I believe is a good model.
the Bible didn't say he was poor though , even when he was an unbeliever , u could tell he was rich . Do u know what it means to be a lawyer then ?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by davidinchrist(m): 9:35pm On May 31, 2020
Vanderandrew:
Can a genuine Christian become a billionaire without cutting corners, engaging in shady deals, following the world system, selling his soul to the devil for wealth.

Remember we are not of this world and we must not crave for the things of this world. Even Satan tried to tempt Jesus saying if He bow to him, he will give him the kingdoms of this world but Jesus replied Satan with it is written, thou shalt worship the Lord your God and only him shall thou serve. (Luke 4:cool

We may claim there are Christian billionaires but you don't know how they got their wealth, you don't know whether they cut corners or engage in shady deals, corruption, cocaine business, kidnapping to acquire their wealth.

It's 'possible', but TERRIBLY UNLIKELY.

It's possible in a situation where a person who's already a Billionaire or something may hear and get very challenged by God's Word, and then becomes a FEARER God; leading to a genuine REPENTANCE and CONVERSION (now, even this illustration is very UNLIKELY too).

It's Extremely Unlikely because even Jesus said:

Matthew 19:24 KJV
And again I say unto you, It is EASIER for a CAMEL to go "through" the EYE OF A NEEDLE, than for a RICH MAN TO ENTER INTO the Kingdom of God.

Now, I have a feeling that the Camel would say, "Huh, boy, I can't even get my NOSE THROUGH this Needle's Eye, let alone my whole BODY!"

The Rich Man in that passage WENT AWAY from Jesus "sorrowful" because:

Matthew 19:22 KJV
But when the young man HEARD that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had GREAT POSSESSIONS.

Even though he was the one that came running to Jesus saying:

Matthew 19:16 KJV
... Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have ETERNAL LIFE?

Jesus didn't REBUKE him, but told him to keep the 10 commandments; yet he said:

Matthew 19:20 KJV
The young man saith unto him, All these things have I KEPT from my youth up: WHAT LACK I YET?

Then Jesus held up the Needle's Eye/Price for Perfection--New Covenant (Discipleship: To Follow Jesus):

Matthew 19:21 KJV
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be PERFECT, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt HAVE TREASURE in heaven: AND COME and FOLLOW ME.

Please note, "go and sell" is NOT always for Everybody, but to "follow me" (being a disciple of Jesus--is for All believers).

Main Point : It's "quite" possible BEFORE the New Testament (before the death and resurrection of Jesus), but as said before, it's extremely UNLIKELY in the New Covenant.

All Rich People in terms of Money, Possessions, Position, Knowledge, Religion, Educational Qualifications, etc will most likely be VICTIMS OF "THE CAMEL'S SITUATION": Whose Nose CANNOT Even Get Through, Let alone...

It was easier for the Old like: Job, Abraham, Joseph, Saul, David; and especially SOLOMON (even old prophets like Elijah, etc were NOT really rich physically BUT spiritually).

However, NOT "necessarily" for the NEW like: Jesus, Paul, Peter (he even told the Man at the Gate that he had no Sliver and Gold, but STAND UP AND WALK, WOW!)

So, am I insinuating that a Disciple of Jesus/New Covenant Person MUST BE POOR to please God?

No, wrong! Nothing doing...

The New Testament NEITHER teaches Riches NOR Poverty.

It teaches "CONTENTMENT" (Whether Rich or relatively Poor).

Matthew 6:11 KJV
Give us this day our DAILY BREAD.

Our Daily Bread (Needs), NOT Daily Ice Cream (not necessarily WANTS)

Finally:
Please, chew over these:

PAUL
Phil.4.11 - Not that I was ever IN NEED, for I have LEARNED how to get along HAPPILY WHETHER I have MUCH OR LITTLE.

Phil.4.12 - I KNOW HOW to live on almost NOTHING or with EVERYTHING. I have learned the SECRET of living in every situation, whether it is with a FULL STOMACH or EMPTY, with "plenty or little."

Phil.4.13 - For I CAN DO EVERYTHING with the help of Christ who gives me the STRENGTH I NEED.

Matthew 6:33 KJV
But seek ye FIRST the Kingdom of God, and his Righteousness; and ALL THESE THINGS (needs, verse 32) shall be ADDED unto you.

Matthew 6:20-21 KJV
But LAY UP for yourselves treasures in heaven (**unlike the Rich MAN that went away), ...

[21] For WHERE YOUR TREASURE is, there will your HEART be also.

So, we should submit to God's will to determine our situations.

Not "many" can accept this teaching, but this the New Covenant Life/Needle's Eye/Discipleship/The Narrow Way that leads to Eternal Life. (See what happened in John 6:66)

Let's Beware of the BROAD WAY of "many" Men/Churches.

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by emanobis(m): 10:14pm On May 31, 2020
Are you really a Christian or a church goer?
Who on earth is richer than King Solomon, Even Abraham or Moses?
They are all grounded Christians and are billionaires
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 31, 2020
Vanderandrew:
Can a genuine Christian become a billionaire without cutting corners, engaging in shady deals, following the world system, selling his soul to the devil for wealth.

Remember we are not of this world and we must not crave for the things of this world. Even Satan tried to tempt Jesus saying if He bow to him, he will give him the kingdoms of this world but Jesus replied Satan with it is written, thou shalt worship the Lord your God and only him shall thou serve. (Luke 4:cool

We may claim there are Christian billionaires but you don't know how they got their wealth, you don't know whether they cut corners or engage in shady deals, corruption, cocaine business, kidnapping to acquire their wealth.
Aren’t you worried there are genuine poor Christians & why they are that way?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by sniperr007(m): 6:50am On Jun 01, 2020
enitey:
Maybe

Which one be maybe now?

Did God create wealth on for the unbelievers.

After all he mad Solomon the richest in the world.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Wesely01(m): 8:32am On Jun 01, 2020
executive12:

I thought it was clear what being a billionaire means. It means that the person's net worth is more than One Billion dollars (definitely not naira).

You are funny!!!
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Uzomaglovani: 9:31am On Jun 01, 2020
Uyi168:
Not with churches like deeper life and co that glorify poverty..
hahahahaha you funny ooooo chai but Na true talk

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution / "RCCG Pastor Chiedu Ezekwesili Swindled My Mother Of N11 Million" - Lady / Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.