Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,342 members, 7,826,352 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? (28917 Views)

Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair? / Can You Be A Politician And Still Be A Genuine Christian / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Tboy1419: 1:07pm On May 31, 2020
whytediamond:
Source: Wikipedia

John Davison Rockefeller Sr. (July 8, 1839 – May 23, 1937) was an American business magnate and philanthropist. He is widely considered the wealthiest American of all time and the richest person in modern history.
. But they warships bar, the false God's.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Mywd: 1:09pm On May 31, 2020
ednut1:
yes, by opening a church and blowing. billions every month in form of tithes

You are not okay...... How will a whole church glorify poverty.... So u mean all deeper life members are poor.... Learn to say something new.....It is not that deeperlife glorifies poverty.... Nigga there are a lot of rich people in deeper life who dont show off just like others do...

And there are also a lot of poor people in other popular churches but beacause you keep seeing the rich ones building and buying expensive shits upandan that is why u are saying this....

Be wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by KingAzubuike(f): 1:09pm On May 31, 2020
25tolife:
In my own perspective, i would say its not posible. He can only achieve that through bussiness, think about it,is there any legit bussiness today?

kingazubuike the amarphrodite,you must be krazyy....
You never still learn abi
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by bezimo(m): 1:11pm On May 31, 2020
I will become one without cutting corners but simply by the blessing of the Lord!!
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 1:12pm On May 31, 2020
Kay25:

Alakija who happens to be the richest black woman is a christian got hers from investing in oil business.the chairperson of first bank Mrs ibukun awosika is a billionaire she started out with her firm producing plastic chairs and she is a christian that you can verge for and know that is pure money made out of business.I can tell you one of executive directors in Procterand gamble he is a billionaire and even a pastor while in Nigeria with christ life church.jumoke adenowo might not say she is one but on the toplist of forbes as an entrepreneur doing great she is an architect and has made major designs and international recognised one..quite a number who won't shout or make the noise yet they are rich through diligence hardwork,perseverance and ideas that makes the difference.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. You cannot even live your every day life in Nigeria without cutting corners.
You definitely cannot get involved in big business in Nigeria without cutting corners.
You should read up on how Mrs Alakija got an oil block from Babangida, and suddenly jumped from being Mrs Mariam Babangida's hair dresser or fashion designer to oil tycoon. I'm surprised you also didn't mention T. Y. Danjuma, also a Christian, and how he also suddenly got rich from allocation of oil Block. You think you can get oil block allocated to you in Nigeria without cutting corners? Maybe you don't understand what the argument is all about.
Mrs Awosika is a real and genuine business lady. I have respect for productive people like her. However, like just about every business person in Nigeria, I expect that she would be cutting corners in order to get along in business. You don't expect her to come in public and be telling how they get things done by money changing hands here and there. It's near impossible to operate in Nigeria and not cut corners, unless you don't understand what it means to cut corners.

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 1:15pm On May 31, 2020
kushe:
Being a Christian shouldn't prevent one from analysing.Why are there so many churches in Nigeria and so many unemployed.
Is God impressed by all these buildings some of which were once warehouses meant for factories?
Why is Nigeria so poor and yet so religious ?

Because majority of the population are ignorant.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 1:16pm On May 31, 2020
LyfeJennings:
I know a few VERY WEALTHY BILLIONAIRE WHO ARE GENUINE CHRISTIANS. THESE GUYS ARE MEGA WEALTHY, AMAZINGLY HUMBLE & VERY TRANSPARENT. ABOVE ALL THEY ARE LOVERS OF GOD

Yeah right.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 31, 2020
It's very hard but possible
Even those pastors who became billionaires today didn't find it easy at first
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 1:23pm On May 31, 2020
foleskay:

Mr statiscian! Nigeria has 40% christians. You really said it well with that fallacious statement. undecided

Seems you have reading comprehension. I said at least 40%. I'm estimating 40% and above. That means it could be 45, 50, 60% etc.
Come up with your own statistics or keep quiet.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 1:23pm On May 31, 2020
ThothHermes:
It's what failed people say to justify their inability to get things done. Keep consoling yourself.
Is there any law requiring people to pay taxes on cash gifts?

If you pray for a sick man for example and he gets healed and comes back to reward you with say 10 million naira, would you have to pay taxes on the money

Typical Nigerian.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 1:26pm On May 31, 2020
LaJoe2:

I guess Judas wasn't a Christian then and shouldn't be used as an example to buttress your headline

Who said Judas wasn't a Christian? He was among the early Jewish Christians, one of the disciples.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 31, 2020
KingAzubuike:
You never still learn abi
middle finger! Dhickhead.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 31, 2020
executive12:

Another naive one.
How Naive, even Rockefeller was a good baptist, didn't drink or smoke yet he was crucified by the Americans as been a ruthless business man.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by ThothHermes: 1:28pm On May 31, 2020
kushe:

Even though I don't agree with sis executive,I disagree with you.
Which prayer are they bringing 10 million for?
Freely give for freely you have received.
You for kukuma say make dem dey enter okada go church.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 31, 2020
Franca28:
FOLLY-YEM POS SYSTEMS
We sales different kinds of products;
Cash register, SAM4S ELLIX-30 RECEIPT PRINTER, Barcode receipt printer, conrrency counting machine, thermal paper rolls, barcode label rolls, screen touch monitor etc.

You could call or chat us on this number 08136773419
Nice business you have here.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by KingAzubuike(f): 1:29pm On May 31, 2020
25tolife:
middle finger! Dhickhead.
I have ur full names, address and pictures already
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 1:30pm On May 31, 2020
ThothHermes:
It's what failed people say to justify their inability to get things done. Keep consoling yourself.
Is there any law requiring people to pay taxes on cash gifts?

If you pray for a sick man for example and he gets healed and comes back to reward you with say 10 million naira, would you have to pay taxes on the money

This ignoramus doesn't know that one has to pay tax on cash gift to an individual.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by foleskay(m): 1:34pm On May 31, 2020
executive12:

Seems you have reading comprehension. I said at least 40%. I'm estimating 40% and above. That means it could be 45, 50, 60% etc.
Come up with your own statistics or keep quiet.

No statistics that gave the actual number or Christians or Muslims in Nigeria
lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by SharonLoveth(f): 1:34pm On May 31, 2020
itzdeejay:

Probably you are older than me, but because my words and insights elude you, you now think i am your grandpa.
I am not your grandpa sorry to disappoint you, probably he is dead and gone, may his gentle soul RIP.
i was only trying to say you where disrespectful to other religions and people who are not christains in your previous comment and not to me.
You dont owe me anything not even respect but you owe yourself 'understanding', bc understanding makes or mar a man.

Now you understand....you are welcome!

GRANDPA is that all?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by SharonLoveth(f): 1:35pm On May 31, 2020
teemy:

"Be it unto thine hand maiden according to your words" or something like that were once spoken in the scriptures. People tend to become what is expected of them. Expect good and so shall it be. Expect conflict and it shall be so.

"When you look at a thing differently, that thing you look at itself begins to change."

Words from chrono crusade.

Another slave sighted
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by sylve11: 1:36pm On May 31, 2020
GeneralPula:
There’s has never been any genuine Holy billionaire and there will never be..

Infact, there’s no genuine billionaire. If you don’t pay your dues, you’ll get scrapped..

Forget all the paparazzi they put online, there’s always something for something!

loud am. cool

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 1:40pm On May 31, 2020
kushe:

Nigeria is a mess but who will fix it.You and I.
Start by obeying traffic lights when all the cars behind you are honking like lunatics and telling you Waka.
Also in the new Nigeria we don't wind down and throw thrash out of our car windows.Baby steps my dear and one day it will happen.

We have agreement on this. It's an uphill task though, especially since we are talking about a society where insincerity is the norm.

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Kay25(m): 1:47pm On May 31, 2020
executive12:

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. You cannot even live your every day life in Nigeria without cutting corners.
You definitely cannot get involved in big business in Nigeria without cutting corners.
You should read up on how Mrs Alakija got an oil block from Babangida, and suddenly jumped from being Mrs Mariam Babangida's hair dresser or fashion designer to oil tycoon. I'm surprised you also didn't mention T. Y. Danjuma, also a Christian, and how he also suddenly got rich from allocation of oil Block. You think you can get oil block allocated to you in Nigeria without cutting corners? Maybe you don't understand what the argument is all about.
Mrs Awosika is a real and genuine business lady. I have respect for productive people like her. However, like just about every business person in Nigeria, I expect that she would be cutting corners in order to get along in business. You don't expect her to come in public and be telling how they get things done by money changing hands here and there. It's near impossible to operate in Nigeria and not cut corners, unless you don't understand what it means to cut corners.
Smh a typical African man whose mentality is downgraded already that believes everyone is cutting corners to be richanged or must have to.in life there are helpers and everyone needs an helper alakija got her help from whoever u too pray you get such an help and you did be one rather than this your no go anywhere till u cut corners there are Christians who are rich without cutting corners I repeat .thank God u did accept of Awosika did she get there without help?maybe u need go ask her
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kabillionaire(m): 1:56pm On May 31, 2020
StreetFight:
Abraham was a rich man, yet he was very righteous. Job was super rich, yet God bragged with Job's righteousness and the devil became jealous.

Any god that makes you poor is a useless god.

Abraham and Job were not christians
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by charlsecy(m): 2:03pm On May 31, 2020
SOJOSEPH:
He eventually made the heaven according to Bible
Where?

Rozz:
why do people believe that true Christianity is attached to poverty?
Answer a simple question.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by chiboy1116: 2:05pm On May 31, 2020
Muyiwaipere:
It is left for God to bless who he wants

He blesses some with talents
He blesses some with riches
He blesses some with longlife

Remember Abraham Isaac and Jacob were very rich
Paul the most hardworking of the apostles wasn't rich ....na tent he dey make
dude Paul was a lawyer .
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by iPopAlomo(m): 2:12pm On May 31, 2020
No...

Without some form of shady dealings... No.. no... No...

And even top paid artist dey evade tax.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by oppyz1234(m): 2:16pm On May 31, 2020
you see is not possible
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 31, 2020
KingAzubuike:
ok sir
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 31, 2020
KingAzubuike:
monkeyy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ebony Reigns' Mortuary Video Was Taken For Spiritual Purposes – Eagle Prophet / What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi's Daughter Sophie Bags Masters Degree In Law At Atlanta. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.