Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? (28803 Views)

Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair? / Can You Be A Politician And Still Be A Genuine Christian / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by udemzyudex(m): 11:55am On May 31, 2020
Impossible
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by tunary(m): 11:56am On May 31, 2020
MicheyJ1:
Waiting for Islamabad people to comment when we are not allowed to comment on their threads.
This is one reason why I HATE THEM
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 11:58am On May 31, 2020
executive12:

Wow, behold a billionaire. You really sound like a typical Nigerian, always running away from reality. And you seem to be naive too.

Maybe I am naive but I grew up in a community where it was believed that holiness meant dressing funny,not wearing perfume and generally just waiting for Jesus to come back.
A lot of those people stuck to this mediocre mindset and struggled financially.These are self limiting beliefs that should be struck down by all means because the God of the Bible cannot be put in a box and with him all things are possible.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Ryocaj(m): 11:59am On May 31, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

You must be an ordained Christian, explain this to me please
If only u had read d Bible.. All d questions u asked are answered..
Jesus is NOT God.. - John 20:31,Mark 10:18 ,John 14:28, Matthew 26:39 , amidst other scriptures..

Yes Jesus is d Son, Servant n Messenger of God.. just as a Prince is subject to a King.. A Prince is d Son n heir, he also serves d King n can convey his message to other Kingdoms..

Jesus never worshipped any Idol.. though d Jews had idols.. he wasn't brought up worshipping them.. n he started teaching in d Temple at a very Tender age..

There is only one God.

Christmas was a pagan thing.. Not all Christians celebrate it or confirm to it as Biblical.. My Doctrine forbids it..
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 11:59am On May 31, 2020
ThothHermes:
This is a big lie. There are principles guiding wealth and prosperity from the Bible. There is an exactitude to genuine wealth with terms attached. In fact, one of terms is that you do away with financial misconduct of any kind.
Job 22: 23-24

Bishop Oyedepo, Pastor Chris, Pastor Ibiyeomie and others know and practice these principles that's why they are so rich. There's a covenant of wealth for interested believers.
Deuteronomy 8:18.

If you "do away with financial misconduct of any kind", you obviously cannot become wealthy in Nigeria. Nigeria is a criminal enterprise.
It will be interesting to know how much tax the above billionaires you mentioned are paying every year.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 12:00pm On May 31, 2020
uruba23:

Why not, most Rich people I know are quite geniune with their religion.Infact making money is a spiritual exercise,you need divine wisdom to navigate the murky waters of business.Remember Peter he was fishing all day,sweating it out until Master Jesus appears at the scene.Even Africa Richest man still
wakes up at 5am to pray ,goes on Sabattical on his Yacht to fast for days,little wonder he is one of God's favorite pikin.

Another naive one.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by relicng: 12:01pm On May 31, 2020
Yes....if you have the vision.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by COOL10(m): 12:02pm On May 31, 2020
Adex2442:
Why not??

Look at king Solomon,

Solomon was not a Christian.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by foleskay(m): 12:08pm On May 31, 2020
executive12:

Good to hear that no Christian is poor. Does that mean that there are no Christians in Nigeria. Nigeria is at least 40% Christian. Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. Do you want to tell us that all those millions of poor folks in Nigeria are non Christians?

Mr statiscian! Nigeria has 40% christians. You really said it well with that fallacious statement. undecided
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by ThothHermes: 12:12pm On May 31, 2020
executive12:

If you "do away with financial misconduct of any kind", you obviously cannot become wealthy in Nigeria.
It's what failed people say to justify their inability to get things done.
Nigeria is a criminal enterprise.
Keep consoling yourself.
It will be interesting to know how much tax the above billionaires you mentioned are paying every year.
Is there any law requiring people to pay taxes on cash gifts?

If you pray for a sick man for example and he gets healed and comes back to reward you with say 10 million naira, would you have to pay taxes on the money
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by jaggabban: 12:14pm On May 31, 2020
MicheyJ1:
Waiting for Islamabad people to comment when we are not allowed to comment on their threads.
The funny thing is they don't care about ur believe, they hardly comment on ur threads unlike u guys who are not secured always rush to their their threads to comment even with oat for restriction.
Pathetic.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by LaJoe2: 12:18pm On May 31, 2020
executive12:

We talking about Christians.

I guess Judas wasn't a Christian then and shouldn't be used as an example to buttress your headline
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by LaJoe2: 12:26pm On May 31, 2020
executive12:

We talking about Christians.
Well the Bible calls us Christians sons of Abraham, seeds of Abraham and benefactors of the Abrahamic promise as a result of being joint heirs with Christ. He also calls Abraham our father according to the Faith and Abraham wasn't poor. The Bible says he was very wealthy in gold, silver and cattle. Neither was he sick.

Secondly, if wealth is not GOD's plan for us believers, then why does the Bible say GOD gives us power to make wealth.
It should have said HE gives us power to make poverty.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 12:27pm On May 31, 2020
ThothHermes:
It's what failed people say to justify their inability to get things done. Keep consoling yourself.
Is there any law requiring people to pay taxes on cash gifts?

If you pray for a sick man for example and he gets healed and comes back to reward you with say 10 million naira, would you have to pay taxes on the money

Even though I don't agree with sis executive,I disagree with you.
Which prayer are they bringing 10 million for?
Freely give for freely you have received.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by InvertedHammer: 12:35pm On May 31, 2020
SOJOSEPH:
Abraham was a friend of God and was the richest even during famine. He eventually made the heaven according to Bible
/
Abraham was not a christian.

He lived before Christ.

/
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by InvertedHammer: 12:36pm On May 31, 2020
lekki1444:
of course. Solomon. but this wealth will not be acquired through business because to acquire that kind of money through business requires dedication and time which a genuine christian will never dedicate time like that to money. such wealth will be acquired through wealth transfer from GOD through someone else on earth
/
Solomon was not a christian.

grin

He lived before Christ.

/
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by LaJoe2: 12:36pm On May 31, 2020
kushe:

Even though I don't agree with sis executive,I disagree with you.
Which prayer are they bringing 10 million for?
Freely give for freely you have received.

Yes! And the man freely gave his 10m. It wasn't upon request or under duress.
It's now the prerogative of the receiver to accept or not.
No one has the right to question how he or she should spend their money
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by daveP(m): 12:40pm On May 31, 2020
Uyi168:
Not with churches like deeper life and co that glorify poverty..
You hold a very wrong perception about the Deeper Life Church then.

For your information, billionaires are much in that church from all over the world, in different branches giving unconditionally asides Offerings and Tithes to the Ministry. They dont publicize it so its not heard.

Im not a DLBCer.

But i know this fact.

I mean a large number, not just fingertip counting.

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Jochabed(f): 12:42pm On May 31, 2020
Of cause, silver and gold belongs to our God and he gives it to whosoever he wishes.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 12:43pm On May 31, 2020
kushe:

I can see you came prepared for this thread.
Are you a genuine Christian?
If you are,by your own theory it is impossible for you to become a billionaire except you live abroad which makes it even worse.

In the developed world, a genuine Christian can become a billionaire, of course. One very useful invention can make you a billionaire without having to cut corners. Many examples abound.
Not so in Nigeria, a huge criminal enterprise. In fact, my observation is that you cannot really go about your daily activities in Nigeria without cutting corners. It's just not possible. Corruption is basically a way of life in Nigeria. Visit a government office, money must change hands.
I read on this forum, how an employed lady proudly announced that she is dropping her unemployed boyfriend because the boyfriend failed to give her money for her birthday. Anything you do in Nigeria, money must change hands. Yet some of you believe that someone can become a billionaire in Nigeria without cutting corners. Yeah right.
Just to drive around, you have to give bribe here and there. Just that you may not regard what you are doing as bribe in order not to feel bad.
A typical Nigerian likes to live in denial. We have a very hypocritical and insincere society. You guys can continue deceiving yourselves and living in denial.
As to your question about whether I am a genuine Christian and if I believe it is impossible for me to become a billionaire then.
Of course I am a genuine Christian, obviously a pragmatist, definitely not a hypocrite and never in denial (unlike you). Unlike you, I'm not too naive to believe I can become wealthy in Nigeria without cutting corners. So I don't limit my horizon to the criminal enterprise we call a country.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 12:43pm On May 31, 2020
LaJoe2:

Yes! And the man freely gave his 10m. It wasn't upon request or under duress.
It's now the prerogative of the receiver to accept or not.
No one has the right to question how he or she should spend their money

This reminds me of the early days of Woliagba on IG.He collected money to fast for someone's comedy program only to send Dele to go and buy Amala.Dont watch him anymore but those early days were really funny.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by daveP(m): 12:47pm On May 31, 2020
There exist Christian Billionaires, en masse. So the answer is Yes.

But Jesus said they will have a difficulty when it comes to Kingdom Entry.....

It will be easier of a camel to go through a needle than for a rich man to enter Heaven.

Jesus said this Himself.

And i believe many factors can cause this. Especially Pride and Arrogance, Lack of empathy, sympathy, etc, that well up over time. And also being busy to pay attention to their spiritual communion with God.
Besides, being Led by the Spirit.

Imagine the Spirit telling a Rich billionaire at the bargain table of billions worth of contract, to walk away.... Infact 9/10 of us would say its the devil speaking.

meaning, most will be sensual instead of spiritual, at that point in time.

This is the difficult.

And Serving their wealth

God vs Mammon

Its hard to choose once on this table.

Choose this day whom you'll serve.

So, overall, they exist and are very many in out world..... They abound in thousands....

But Jesus has given the "But" for tjis very Equation!!!

Happy Sunday.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 12:48pm On May 31, 2020
kushe:
I am all for entrepreneurial billionaires but totally against pulpit billionaires.
How exactly do they make the money people attribute to them?

The money comes from the congregation. I don't think Jesus Christ our Lord would approve of that method of getting wealthy. They are obviously cutting corners. Taking advantage of people's ignorance and gullibility.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by efembaba(m): 12:49pm On May 31, 2020
executive12:

Was John D. Rockefeller a genuine Christian? He was one of the 'Robber Barons'.
who is a genuine Christian?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Samysearch(m): 12:50pm On May 31, 2020
MicheyJ1:

Calling Islam a derogatory name cuz of hate tells a lot of ur Christian upbringing
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 12:51pm On May 31, 2020
executive12:

In the developed world, a genuine Christian can become a billionaire, of course. One very useful invention can make you a billionaire without having to cut corners. Many examples abound.
Not so in Nigeria, a huge criminal enterprise. In fact, my observation is that you cannot really go about your daily activities in Nigeria without cutting corners. It's just not possible. Corruption is basically a way of life in Nigeria. Visit a government office, money must change hands.
I read on this forum, how an employed lady proudly announced that she is dropping her unemployed boyfriend because the boyfriend failed to give her money for her birthday. Anything you do in Nigeria, money must change hands. Yet some of you believe that someone can become a billionaire in Nigeria without cutting corners. Yeah right.
Just to drive around, you have to give bribe here and there. Just that you may not regard what you are doing as bribe in order not to feel bad.
A typical Nigerian likes to live in denial. We have a very hypocritical and insincere society. You guys can continue deceiving yourselves and living in denial.
As to your question about whether I am a genuine Christian and if I believe it is impossible for me to become a billionaire then.
Of course I am a genuine Christian, obviously a pragmatist, definitely not a hypocrite and never in denial (unlike you). Unlike you, I'm not too naive to believe I can become wealthy in Nigeria without cutting corners. So I don't limit my horizon to the criminal enterprise we call a country.

Nigeria is a mess but who will fix it.You and I.
Start by obeying traffic lights when all the cars behind you are honking like lunatics and telling you Waka.
Also in the new Nigeria we don't wind down and throw thrash out of our car windows.Baby steps my dear and one day it will happen.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 12:52pm On May 31, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

You must be an ordained Christian, explain this to me please

Confused Muslim. Islam is a religion of deceit. Go and read up on the life of Mohammed and you should be ashamed of calling yourself a Muslim.
I am proud of the life Jesus Christ lived on earth. Are you proud of the life Mohammed lived on earth?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 12:55pm On May 31, 2020
Goldenrod1:
Men of old like Abraham were rich, yet they serve God.

There is no crime been rich as long it’s legit

That's the problem. Almost impossible to earn billions in Nigeria legitimately, without cutting corners. Almost impossible. We are talking about a huge criminal enterprise of a country. We are not talking about a normal society.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by sigiyaya(m): 12:58pm On May 31, 2020
Muyiwaipere:
It is left for God to bless who he wants

He blesses some with talents
He blesses some with riches
He blesses some with longlife

Remember Abraham Isaac and Jacob were very rich
Paul the most hardworking of the apostles wasn't rich ....na tent he dey make
your stupidity is factory fitted therefor not can be done cry cry
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by MosD: 1:01pm On May 31, 2020
In every great wealth, there is a crime - Mario Puzo
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by WaleRock: 1:04pm On May 31, 2020
The bulk of the wealth of a child of God is invested in heaven.
1. The believer knows enough to not hold on to it but to use it for the specific purpose for which God provided it - the disobedience of which leads to one's deviation and destruction

2. The believers knows that it constitutes distraction when it gets amassed up to a point -- everyman has a price, they say**

3. Such a believer knows well not to be a stagnant water that stinks.

The wealth we have is essentially not ours, we're merely treasurers or conduits through whom God blesses others.

"He that watereth shall be watered also himself."-Proverbs 11:25

Moving on,

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Matthew 19²⁴

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Matthew 6:19-21 (KJV)

CHASING WEALTH IS IDOLATRY
Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
1 Corinthians 10¹⁴

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6³³

** EVERYBODY HAS A PRICE, AND CAN FALL
8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.
Proverbs 30:8-9 (KJV)

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
Corinthians 10¹² (KJV)

WHATEVER GOD HAS NOT GIVEN YOU, YOU DON'T NEED IT
Psalm 127:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Matthew 6:25-26 KJV

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

How To End Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa – TB Joshua / Church Members Give Their Offerings At The Feet Of Their Pastor In Ghana (Video) / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.