Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? (28813 Views)

Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair? / Can You Be A Politician And Still Be A Genuine Christian / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by daniska3yaro(m): 11:29am On May 31, 2020
SarkinYarki:
The truth is that good christians are more likely to be BILLIONAIREs than any other sub group..most of the world richest men have always been good Christians but the media hides this from you
Gaskiya

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 11:30am On May 31, 2020
I am all for entrepreneurial billionaires but totally against pulpit billionaires.
How exactly do they make the money people attribute to them?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by ThatFairGuy: 11:31am On May 31, 2020
MicheyJ1:
Waiting for Islamabad people to comment when we are not allowed to comment on their threads.
You must be an ordained Christian, explain this to me please

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by ThothHermes: 11:31am On May 31, 2020
kushe:

I am a Christian who will never make sense of churches thriving in the midst of abject poverty,that is the aberration.
So the church should be poor because of the poverty around it.
Okay.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by triplechoice(m): 11:32am On May 31, 2020
kushe:

I understand you

But you forget that to be listed in the Forbes billionaire list , your total net worth at the current time is what is calculated.

So if you give all that you make from your business venture how then do you become a billionaire?

Don't also forget that this is a faith based question and it seems you have missed it.

By faith all Christians are billionaires because it is believe that actual wealth resides with God and not what you do.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Goldenrod1: 11:36am On May 31, 2020
Men of old like Abraham were rich, yet they serve God.

There is no crime been rich as long it’s legit
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by grandstar(m): 11:37am On May 31, 2020
executive12:

Generous and kind He was an unscrupulous businessman. That's why the government had to forcefully break up his Standard Oil into what today became Exxon, Mobil, Chevron.

He had his faults but that does not wipe off his good deeds.
Do you know what it meant being a negro sympathizer in Jim Crow America and even attending their services? In the South in those days, blacks weren't allowed to use the same public toilets as white.

Yet, he congregated with them and even left large charity donations. That was very noble of him.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Ryocaj(m): 11:38am On May 31, 2020
Taye4j:

Nigeria may be corrupt and it looks like everybody is a criminal but there are still good men out there who are still steadfast.

What you wrote made me remember Elijah when he ran and hid under the rock from Jezebel. He said to God 'all your prophets have been killed, am the only one still alive who is yet to bow down to baal' . God told him ' you are not the only one left; there are still so many prophets who are yet to bow down to baal'.
Was a Elijah a billionaire? Was he stated to be very wealthy? Was he a Nigerian under an Evil govt? 99% of the rich ppl in Nigeria have ill-gotten wealth.. Either from politics, rituals, kidnapping, scam, prostitution, fraud... The remaining 1% r d ones only God knows he gave genuine wealth..
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by bukatyne(f): 11:39am On May 31, 2020
Rozz:
What of our G.O's? what would say

Emmmmmmmm

I rather not say grin lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by ModestGal(f): 11:39am On May 31, 2020
whytediamond:
Source: Wikipedia

John Davison Rockefeller Sr. (July 8, 1839 – May 23, 1937) was an American business magnate and philanthropist. He is widely considered the wealthiest American of all time and the richest person in modern history.
Hi, we need to talk, I have a request please
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by HoliMaree: 11:41am On May 31, 2020
PS: 24:1, The world and everything in it belongs to God.

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Kay25(m): 11:41am On May 31, 2020
executive12:

You have seen quite a number of genuine Christian billionaires in Nigeria? Wow! Please let us have some of the names if you don't mind, and also let us know how they got to become billionaires.
Alakija who happens to be the richest black woman is a christian got hers from investing in oil business.the chairperson of first bank Mrs ibukun awosika is a billionaire she started out with her firm producing plastic chairs and she is a christian that you can verge for and know that is pure money made out of business.I can tell you one of executive directors in Procterand gamble he is a billionaire and even a pastor while in Nigeria with christ life church.jumoke adenowo might not say she is one but on the toplist of forbes as an entrepreneur doing great she is an architect and has made major designs and international recognised one..quite a number who won't shout or make the noise yet they are rich through diligence hardwork,perseverance and ideas that makes the difference.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 11:42am On May 31, 2020
kushe:

WRONG.
An enterprising mind will thrive even in the Sahara.
Pls don't give up and start making defeatist unsubstantiated commentary like you currently are.Nigeria is corrupt,yet has a lot of righteous people who genuinely have a heart for God.
Singapore and China were once written off but look at them today.When Nigeria's turn comes,entrepreneurs will become billionaires whether Christian ,Muslim or aborishas.

Of course there are a lot of people getting wealthy in Nigeria. These are mostly people who understand what Nigeria is and what it is not. They are definitely not genuine Christians. They are the wheelers and dealers. Mostly crooked and ruthless and ready to do anything to get the money. They are the people that run Nigeria. They understand that Nigeria is a criminal enterprise.
If you are one of those who see Nigeria as a normal society where hardwork and being upright pays, then you are naive and will have a hard time making it in Nigeria.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by LordKO(m): 11:43am On May 31, 2020
executive12:

I hear you. You can not drop names that don't exist of course.

Come on! Go and look for your small-minded mates elsewhere. Of course, direct your further mention to them because I don't condone bumpkins.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 11:43am On May 31, 2020
bukatyne:

Emmmmmmmm
I rather not say grin lipsrsealed
lol.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 11:43am On May 31, 2020
Being a Christian shouldn't prevent one from analysing.Why are there so many churches in Nigeria and so many unemployed.
Is God impressed by all these buildings some of which were once warehouses meant for factories?
Why is Nigeria so poor and yet so religious ?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Commanderinpips: 11:44am On May 31, 2020
It is very possible as a Christian to become a trillionaire without cutting corners. Don't be mentally enslaved the power to make wealth belongs to THE ALMIGHTY GOD and HE gives it to his children.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 11:44am On May 31, 2020
teemy:

At the moment, I am sure there is one or two investments you wish to do that is about an equivalent of your one month salary. You can't start it because you can't afford to drop the money. With a savings of 10% of your income, you will have that sum and can start the business after 10 months. Imagine repeating the system for 10 years of working? Your financial status would have exponentially changed.

It is possible unto him who believes.

Preaching to the choir. You guys need to be realistic and understand what your country Nigeria really is.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by LyfeJennings(m): 11:45am On May 31, 2020
I know a few VERY WEALTHY BILLIONAIRE WHO ARE GENUINE CHRISTIANS. THESE GUYS ARE MEGA WEALTHY, AMAZINGLY HUMBLE & VERY TRANSPARENT. ABOVE ALL THEY ARE LOVERS OF GOD
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 11:45am On May 31, 2020
StreetFight:
Abraham was a rich man, yet he was very righteous. Job was super rich, yet God bragged with Job's righteousness and the devil became jealous.

Any god that makes you poor is a useless god.

Were Abraham and Job Christians?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Emmatech71(m): 11:45am On May 31, 2020
It is Possible for a genuine Christian to become a billionaire. Yes, it is possible.

The Bible says, I wish you above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health even as thy soul prospereth. It implies that it is the will of God for all his Children( genuine believers) to be rich.

Though, we all know that the love of money is the root of all evils, yea, it depends on how they now get there own money. A genuine believer can be rich without any illegal activities. It is possible.

So, in the book of proverbs, the Bible says Seeth thou a man, diligence in his business, he shall stand before Kings and not mean men. So, Diligence is the key.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 11:46am On May 31, 2020
misterjosh:
But Solomon of old comes to mind.

He was not a Christian.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by slimshady1000: 11:48am On May 31, 2020
So you think the devil is richer than God abi? Wow!!!!
Change your paradigms my dear!
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by uthlaw: 11:48am On May 31, 2020
MicheyJ1:
Waiting for Islamabad people to comment when we are not allowed to comment on their threads.
we don't comment unnecessarily,even Jesus was not a Christian!
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 11:48am On May 31, 2020
kushe:

Honestly you have a really mediocre mindset.
Human beings never rise beyond their thought patterns.Pls work on your mind.
I am Nigerian ,I live in Nigeria,I love God with all my heart and I can tell you poverty and I will never ever have a converging point.

Wow, behold a billionaire. You really sound like a typical Nigerian, always running away from reality. And you seem to be naive too.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by teemy(m): 11:49am On May 31, 2020
executive12:

Preaching to the choir. You guys need to be realistic and understand what your country Nigeria really is.
You could also try out an online biz, that is KEN way of earning from outside the country while still being in the country. Main point is where there is a will, there is a way.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 11:49am On May 31, 2020
Omoayere01:
Only genuine Christians who enter into covenant with God become extremely rich. E.g are Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Wealth only comes by covenant either with God or Devil. Hardwork can only make you comfortable.

Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were not Christians.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Emmatech71(m): 11:50am On May 31, 2020
executive12:

Were Abraham and Job Christians?

Are they not in your Bible??

Read it very well.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 11:51am On May 31, 2020
LaJoe2:
Jacob in the Bible, a trickster, outsmarted his Uncle yet GOD endorsed it.
Grace, Relationship, Faith, Understanding.

What did Jacob do to deserve favor, nothing. GOD just picked him, called him aside like HE did his Dad, Abraham and told Him he will favor him die.

Just follow me, be on my side. And he did, he didn't even do it perfectly, but the main thing was that his trust was always in GOD.

We talking about Christians.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by siverspooon(m): 11:51am On May 31, 2020
Does anyone know any genuine data reseller here that I can trust
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Babisha10(m): 11:52am On May 31, 2020
Deeper Life Church members should answer the questions pls....
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by tunary(m): 11:52am On May 31, 2020
everything is possible

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution / "RCCG Pastor Chiedu Ezekwesili Swindled My Mother Of N11 Million" - Lady / Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.