Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

My Take On Sleep Paralysis - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Take On Sleep Paralysis (274 Views)

I Just Had Sleep Paralysis / Sleep Paralysis / Share Your Scariest Sleep Paralysis Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take On Sleep Paralysis by mrNEMZY(m): 11:52pm On May 31, 2020
I created this thread because I read through the previous thread on fp, and I think it might be worth while sharing my experience on sleep paralysis, and have you guys comment on what you think.

This would be a long post, but it would be worth the read especially for the curious minds.

If sleep paralysis is a phase of life, then definitely, I am in it right now. I can't say when I started experiencing it, but I can recall the earliest about 3yrs ago and up till this month I have been experiencing it. It has become so common to me that I don't take it to heart any longer.

My deductions :
- You are fully aware of your surrounding, yet you are unable to move
- This might be peculiar to me, but it happens only on the day time, that is after naps.

Of all that has happened, there remains one occurrence (Nov 2019) that up till now, I think was the deepest yet sleep paralysis I have ever had, and makes me to know that science can't explain what really happens then. Yes, science might just be able to talk about the bodily reactions but sleep paralysis is a bit beyond science.
This experience made me conclude that there is a level of consciousness beyond this our physical, and it would normally sound stupid to you unless you experienced it.

So that fateful day, I opened my eyes (or at least) I think I deed, I was able to fully observe my room, the area of vision to which my head faced, I heard the noise from my neighbors, though in mumbles, I was thinking clearly like someone fully awake, and I was fully in contact with my surroundings and I could take decisions as well. To put it lightly, it was as if someone tied you down to your bed, you lacked movement but everyother ability was retained.

I was still trying to move my body when I saw something phase through my closed door, it had the form of a man, I could just see up to the thighs, not higher. The movement were so fast that I couldn't keep track, then it walked round the room, then came to an area just above the head of my bed, out of my area of vision. It came close to me and spoke in Chatters that I couldn't understand, but I could still see it's shadows, this was odd because shadows never casted in that direction in my room because of the position of the windows.

Mind you, I said I could detect all these because unlike normal sleep paralysis when you don't figure if you are truly awake, in this I was, and I had my full senses restored and I could also think and tell myself what to do. The only lacking thing was my movements.

I was so frightened, probably the most I have been so far, or atleast one of the most. I tried to call my neighbors for help, but of course, my mouth didn't even budge. My struggle to move increased and just then I moved some parts of my body, I moved my toe first then fingers, and after exerting great strength, I was able to sit up on the bed, I haven't fully recovered the movement of my hip downwards (apart from my toes). I then looked round the room to get sight of the creature.
By then, the creature was gone and so was the shadow, I could still hear the noise from my neighborhood, and just then I turned towards the bed and for what seemed like a fraction of a second, I saw myself still lieing down on the bed.

The next thing I knew I woke up instantly again, this time lieing down, breathing heavily, sweating all over, the condition of the room from before was the same (same brightness, same noise from my neighbors, though this time I could make out their words, same conditions). I sprang up the bed panting, I have long been crying because tears have already wet some part of my bed spread, had mild paresthesia from knee bellow.

I rushed out the house saw my neighbors talked a little with them to assure me that I was in deed awake.

Till today, I am still confused as to the entirety of what happened, I could have sworn I woke up the first time, but then I woke again.
It led me to the conclusion that maybe I woke into another level of consciousness, that science can't explain.
Re: My Take On Sleep Paralysis by Tunex252(m): 11:56pm On May 31, 2020
Re: My Take On Sleep Paralysis by TheManofTomorrow(m): 12:48am On Jun 01, 2020
Just when I thought you wanted to shed more light on the issue of sleep paralysis. You shared a story which tiu should have shared in the previous thread. cheesy

Well, here my take. Sleep paralysis happens because of some of the following

-Depression and fear
-Late night sleep and tiredness.
- Bad dream

(1) (Reply)

Is Virginity Important / Body And Sex Enhancement Organic Therapy / “does He Like Me?” Here Are 24 Signs He’s Clearly Interested In You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.