Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston (103947 Views)

Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. / I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism / George Floyd Buried In Houston (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
Iamundisputed:
Well, this is a nice gesture. At the end of the day, everyone just wants to be treated fairly and equally. Blacks have contributed far more to the development of America than any other (minority) race...

But for once, I must say 90% of American white folks are against the incessant Police killings and I am proud of them.

I also hope here in Africa we can stop tribalism cos that's what leads to external slavery. If we blacks and Africans don't love ourselves due to tribal differences, then how do we expect foreigners like Asians, Europeans to like us better than we love ourselves?

Tribalism? What of colorism? The day I'll start taking black people seriously is when they stop discriminating against people with a darker shade.

They scream racism, yet colorism has been thriving for years. Abeg! Let everybody do what is on their mind. If you can't tame yours, don't expect the next person to tame theirs.

Everyone should learn to protect themselves from external aggression. Don't be in places people don't like you or fight and get to the top where no one can discriminate against you.
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by OKTolu: 3:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
Don't be deceived by this,it's in their blood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by coputa(m): 3:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
drlaykay:
Waiting for a day to say this to a white chap who tries to racially abuse me.
"The difference between both of us is that your fore fathers were smarter than mine, but not you being smarter than me"
what have you done to prove him wrong
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by NaijaOlosho(f): 3:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
Watch Full Video
As Trump Reacts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdzwYUFi3FE
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
One white boy dey propose to his black girlfriend, that's all I see or saw
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
cheesy audio leaning

1 Like

Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Chicastle: 3:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
These are countries where human behaves like human. Police behaves like police.

Not the other side country called.... that keeps shooting her citizens. Anu
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by friday2011(m): 3:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
Abeg... By next month you go see another racial killing again...

I watched the way blacks were looting during the protest and I was ashamed of being black, we are our own problem, not whites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Gee64: 3:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
This WORLD shall be one, one day!
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
This is good actually, but the extremists among them are totally unapologetic and won't stop the ageless racial abuse any time soon.
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by 1stola: 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
made4naijamusic:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/06/01/video-white-people-kneel-ask-forgiveness-from-the-black-community-in-third-ward/%3foutputType=amp

Very Stupîd identification/tag/label

What is black and white?

Are you colour blind?

What is obvious is

BROWN AND PALE!

DON'T CONTINUE TO IDENTIFY WITH WHAT PEOPLE CALL YOU.
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
Good gesture but I'm almost sure none of those white people kneeling down is in a position to make significant changes to the systemic racism in America.

2 Likes

Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Gee64: 3:59pm On Jun 01, 2020
The world shall one day be one!
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 01, 2020
Nooil:

Tribalism? What of colorism? The day I'll start taking black people seriously is when they stop discriminating against people with a darker shade.

They scream racism, yet colorism has been thriving for years. Abeg! Let everybody do what is on their mind. If you can't tame yours, don't expect the next person to tame theirs.

Everyone should learn to protect themselves from external aggression. Don't be in places people don't like you or fight and get to the top where no one can discriminate against you.

You're on point dear. I noticed colorism is usually more promoted by ladies though. The reason I say that is because most black ladies themselves believe they have to be light-skinned to look appealing to men or satisfy their personal beauty urges. We don't even look at those things at the end of the day.

It's also an issue in a country like India where lighter shades are preferred.

1 Like

Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by lekki1444: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2020
THEY TRYNA ROCK YOU BACK TO SLEEP WITH LOVE
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Jaqenhghar: 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2020
panafrican:
They already did the same thing before African kings centuries ago , and ended up colonizing the continent. Wake up folk!
LMAO
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2020
byinks:

In countries like Nigeria the fastest way to stop tribalism is to follow the example of omoluabis of the southwest. The rest of Nigeria should reciprocate rather than try to take advantage of that virtue

This is what I have always said cos as a Yoruba man, I have never seen any tribe show the kind of openness and acceptance we've shown to other tribes living amongst us. Yet some will claim that we're tribalistic, while ignoring their own bigotry.

At the end of the day, most people know that Yorubas are the ideal model for peaceful coexistence.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2020
Iamundisputed:

You're on point dear. I noticed colorism is usually more promoted by ladies though. The reason I say that is because most black ladies themselves believe they have to be light-skinned to look appealing to men or satisfy their personal beauty urges. We don't even look at those things at the end of the day.

It's also an issue in a country like India where lighter shades are preferred.

Colorism is everywhere you find the black community. In America, India, Nigeria, and everywhere there is a lighter shade to compare. And no, the ladies didn't promote it. But then, they reacted to it in ways they thought would solve the problem for them. Color discrimination is not only targeted at ladies. Men suffer it too.

You know when I told my mum about this George thing, guess what she asked? How dark is he? And it turned out he was quite black.

1 Like

Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by salford1: 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2020
They were once properties of the white people. They were owned and treated like horses and beasts of burden. This is emotional. Hopefully, this starts bringing more discussions to race relations.
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by jaxxy(m): 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2020
Whites must be civilized enough to know racism is wrong and has no place is modern society.
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by CandidNotes: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2020
Do. Not. Be. Deceived. My. People.
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Amalekki: 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2020
Iamundisputed:

This is what I have always said cos as a Yoruba man, I have never seen any tribe show the kind of openness and acceptance we've shown to other tribes living amongst us. Yet some will claim that we're tribalistic, while ignoring their own bigotry.

At the end of the day, most people know that Yorubas are the ideal model for peaceful coexistence.
The common issue is that some non-Yorubas don't understand their host community so they think the Yorubas tend to mock them but that's not the case. Some people still think calling them 'Omo Ibo' or 'Omo Nna' or 'Okoro' is derogatory and they take it personal not knowing that Yorubas will also say 'Ibadan jatijati, come here!', 'Omo Ijebu', 'Baba Egba', 'Ekiti', 'Oyo', 'Bororo fulani' etc. Yorubas are even too easy going in real life. The politicians and their antics to win elections is a different ball game. Some of us know this for a fact.

2 Likes

Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2020
Amalekki:

The common issue is that some non-Yorubas don't understand their host community so they think the Yorubas tend to mock them but that's not the case. Some people still think calling them 'Omo Ibo' or 'Omo Nna' or 'Okoro' is derogatory and they take it personal not knowing that Yorubas will also say 'Ibadan jatijati, come here!', 'Omo Ijebu', 'Baba Egba', 'Ekiti', 'Oyo', 'Bororo fulani' etc. Yorubas are even too easy going in real life. The politicians and their antics to win elections is a different ball game. Some of us know this for a fact.

Wow... You're 100% on point! cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by ipswitch: 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hian! Deceit. Blacks want true reparation.
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Litmus: 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lol, in the movie, The Wizard of USA, this act is like dumping water on Trump, for hearing of this, he is going to dissolve, leaving behind nothing but a mop of odd hairpiece.

Could say something profound but given the well meaning gesture of those white Americans I would be mean-spirited.
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by MartinsD12(m): 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
made4naijamusic:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/06/01/video-white-people-kneel-ask-forgiveness-from-the-black-community-in-third-ward/%3foutputType=amp
Will this bring back gorge fllod back, damn it niggarrr we are fed out with the whites, we won't tolerate this again, my niggarrrz when you see a black niggarrr getting manhandled by them stupid white cops go save a brother with all you can, they can't kill us anymore, enough of this bullshiit
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by RTSC: 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
And when black Americans have done the heavy lifting, Nigerians will go and reap the benefits and forming model minority.

1 Like

Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by salford1: 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
friday2011:
Abeg... By next month you go see another racial killing again...

I watched the way blacks were looting during the protest and I was ashamed of being black, we are our own problem, not whites.
But the whites were looting too nah lol
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
Nooil:

Colorism is everywhere you find the black community. In America, India, Nigeria, and everywhere there is a lighter shade to compare. And no, the ladies didn't promote it. But then, they reacted to it in ways they thought would solve the problem for them. Color discrimination is not only targeted at ladies. Men suffer it too.

You know when I told my mum about this George thing, guess what she asked? How dark is he? And it turned out he was quite black.

Well I agree with you, but just like you mentioned, reaction is everything. If someone doesn't like me because of my dark, fresh, God-given, melanin skin, that's their own problem. You can search for a lightskin person to fill in whatever position you have...

If you don't have inferiority complex personally, then a lot of things won't get to you. I stayed in Germany and I saw passive racism, even from a lecturer, but I smiled and schooled her.

Life is easy if we don't beat ourselves when others beat us.
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Henri8: 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
Its a hoax, black ppl don't fall for it!
Aswear.
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Fulmigati: 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
Why are you people so concerned about the happenings across the Atlantic? Focus on your own country, busy body people.
Re: Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston by Erastuslove: 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
this is the best story ever.....forgiveness is key

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Iran’s Nuclear Site Hit By Earthquake Of 4.9 Magnitude / Condester Sichwale Thrown Out Of Tanzanian Parliament For Wearing Tight Trousers / Haji Mullah Achakzai Executed By Taliban (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.