Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,213 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki (34856 Views)

Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua / Oshiomhole Supporters Release Video Of Their Clash With Obaseki's In Benin / Tinubu's Messrs Hitech Stops Work On Lagos Roads Over Rift With Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 01, 2020
Meninmen:

Do you even read and understood my comment? Inter state lockdown is effect, these governors traveled to Abuja. Are Governors now essential workers?

Yes, essential workers are allowed to move around within a state, , not to move from one state to another.

Which essential worker do you know traveling from PLATEAU to Abuja?

some essential workers flew into River State causing problems between FG and River State government.

journalist are given a pass to move from state to state.

government officials are also essential workers
Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by Angelfrost(m): 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

Their meeting is Inconsequential, that's none of my business.

Not just inconsequential but quite silly in every way!!!... What really is the relevance of the feelings of an ex-governor to the smooth running of a state??! Why does a current governor need to be in good terms with his predecessor in order for proper leadership to be in place??!...

Why do must Nigerians continue to ascribe godhood to their fellow countrymen?! So ludicrous!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by Ezennwa(m): 5:05pm On Jun 01, 2020
Angelfrost:

Not just inconsequential but quite silly in every way!!!... What really is the relevance of the feelings of an ex-governor to the smooth running of a state??! Why does a current governor need to be in good terms with his predecessor in order for proper leadership to be in place??!...

Why must Nigerians continue to ascribe godhood to their fellow countrymen?! So ludicrous!!!
That's Nigeria politics for you.
Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by anigbajumo(m): 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2020
Enwhen:

Politicians are wiser than u , these Governors knows what u don't know mostly for 2023, read below

Neither Oshobaba or Obaseki can be a winner in this fight...very similar to the crisis in APC Rivers ...Anslem , APC Edo is under suspension at National level, Oshobaba APC , National is under suspension at his ward in Edo... From the APC constitution... Ize-Iyamu is not yet a registered member of APC since his defection , Obaseki has certificate issues since 2016, and Oshobaba knows this... If go to the election like this , and won , whoever come second will be the governor, becuase after legal battle APC EDo will be disqualified, just like Bayelsa ....they have to learn , in all the people of Edo State will be the biggest loser, as money for development will go for all this fight ...peace, unity and togetherness is what brings developments not battles and wars.

How do u knw Iyamu is not a registered APC card carrier,are u the APC party chairman in his ward??

Some of you will just sit down somehow digging out some fictitious calculation, For direct primary there is no way any court will nullify APC if it happens APC won the election.....

5 Likes

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by K0y3: 5:09pm On Jun 01, 2020
Because you say no to godfatherism means obaseki should not have an opponent? It's simple obaseki has his supporters, ize iyanmu has his too. Ize iyanmu is just fortunate he has oshiomole on his side after all he was defeated by obaseki when obaseki had oshiomole by his side.

chriskosherbal:
Am sorry mynd44 but i beg to disagree, cos I don't see any pride here and if there is any it should be on the part of Oshiomole.

What is he feeling like dictating what goes on in a state were u r no longer a state gov to the extent of presenting ur own candidate.

Nobody did that to him during his tenure in our office he should replicate same gesture.

I SAY NO TO GODFATHERISM

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by Angelfrost(m): 5:09pm On Jun 01, 2020
Ezennwa:
That's Nigeria politics for you.

That's backwards in every way!!!... If the people truly decided the votes, irrespective of parties, all the governor needs do is win the masses over by exceptional leadership. The party would have no choice but fall in line, give him the candidacy, or risk losing shamefully at the general polls.
Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lostz:

some essential workers flew into River State causing problems between FG and River State government.

journalist are given a pass to move from state to state.

government officials are also essential workers

So all Government officials are also essential Workers? Really?

What is essential about governors traveling to Abuja?
Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by Reptyle(m): 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
promotervickky:

Who said he is begging? Are you even in Benin? Why did he rebel against oshiomole? Oshiomole did a lot and has been doing a lot. Obaseki is just fed up with the injustice!!!!

Nigerian police is yet to claim the land oshiomole took from the police civil servants located in No 10 Okoro-tun Benin City.

If he isn't begging, why is he going up and down the country? Why is he going to meet the same Tinubu that he and his acolytes on social media have insulted several times? Ok, let say he isn't begging, couldn't he have explored all of these peaceful channels way before now?

I am not saying Oshiomole is perfect. But it was the same platform provided by the imperfect Oshiomole that brought Obaseki to power. The aggression he displayed against Oshiomole was unnecessary. He should have learnt vital lessons from Ambode's ill-fated adventure in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by Bimpe29: 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
This is not democracy nah. Ambode had pass through the same path.
Why would the Governors be using our meagre resources unjustly? Meeting with the party's stalwarts for parochial interest is pretty bad.
Lagos State is not the same as Edo State.

3 Likes

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 01, 2020
Meninmen:

So all Government officials are also essential Workers? Really?
What is essential about governors traveling to Abuja?
when you were asked to stay at home, most were working. governors are to provide leadership

I don't know. you have to ask them.
you can't shutdown the world because of a near harmless virus.
Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by Enwhen(m): 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
anigbajumo:

How do u knw Iyamu is not a registered APC card carrier,are u APC the party chairman in his ward??

Some of you will just sit down somehow digging out some fictitious calculation, For direct primary there is no way any court will nullify APC if it happens APC won the election.....

Maybe you are not aware that 18LGA APC chairmen Edo states came out to voice their choice for mode of primary election and the Chairman of PST Ize-Iyamu made it known that Ize-Iyamu is not yet a registered member at the ward level..tho, the pst claimed to have registered online at the ward level , we all know the truth...from the APC and even PDP constitution, u are only eligible to contest election, 6months after defection , now a waiver has been granted to him by NWC instead of the NEC... See, there are so many issues in Edo APC, the best for the state is peace, because after all these fight with state fund , even the PDP get the winner via probably court , they will do nothing becuase APC must have used state money for legal battle ...I am more concerned at the our people and not the politicians , they are all thesame people , no difrent at all, they are just changing party decieving the masses...but we have to hope they have peace n their midst of we want to see some developments...else they will larvish the fund on legal battles after stealing
Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by focus7: 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2020
One iron is bending for the other iron.

Last last Obaseki is the one begging Oshiomole

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by doubleportion: 5:28pm On Jun 01, 2020
Didi2d:

I taya o.
Where then dey when obaseki almost unseat Oshiomole as national chairman of APC. Let's assume obaseki succeeded in removing oshiomole from office, what would all this governors have done
Alabosi ni won! They are all Obaseki's partners in crime!

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by senatordave1(m): 5:30pm On Jun 01, 2020
focus7:
One iron is bending for the other iron.

Last last Obaseki is the one begging Oshiomole

He is even begging more than yahaya bello who only begged tinubu.if oshiomhole is wise,obaseku must not get a 2nd term else his political journey is over

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by pieces18: 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2020
wallisdon:
Obaseki should go and test is popularity in the field.In politics there is nothing like begging and forgiveness.

Begging right now confirms he was rigged in, go and test your popularity Mr. Obaseki.

I think Obaseki suddenly remembers what they did during the last election and same thing may happen this time against him. If I hear APC conduct elections.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by maasoap(m): 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
wallisdon:
Obaseki should go and test is popularity in the field.In politics there is nothing like begging and forgiveness.

The worst part of it is that if Oshiomole makes mistake of conceding to Obaseki, it will be the greatest mistake of his life. It will be the greatest regret of his life because, Obaseki will show him part 2

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by AkupeMBANO(m): 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
bolaayenimo:
I'm ashamed of Obaseki. With all his shakara, he is now prostrating everywhere

Oshiomhole right now...
Trust me, obaseki is a smart guy. he's playing his game well. most of you don't understand politics. Atimes you play weak even when you are strong.
Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by YorubaLord: 5:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
AkupeMBANO:

Trust me, obaseki is a smart guy. he's playing his game well. most of you don't understand politics. Atimes you play weak even when you are strong.

What stupid politics be dat, abeg? Fools toying with millions of innocent people's lives? Is that what you call Politics? Rubbish! angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by AkupeMBANO(m): 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2020
[quote author=YorubaLord post=90202874]

What stupid politics be dat, abeg? Fools toying with millions of innocent people's lives? Is that what you call Politics? Rubbish! angry angry angry[/quote
]

Lol.. baba don vex!!
Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by maasoap(m): 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2020
asobo:
Osho suddenly has turned to a demigod, as if he wasn't the same man that was running from pillar to post when he was almost thought a bitter lesson. Nigerian youths are the losers in this take it or leave it. Wherever Ambode is today, he is busy chilling his thing. Except hypocrites like osho are humbled, we won't get it right in this country.

Trash.
Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by asobo: 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2020
Goodplace:
Who is suppose to be humble at this time or before?

When Osho was using all his strength to campaign for Obaseki you did remember?

Never outshine your master until you have the capacity to do so
We should learn to practice what we preach. No to Godfatherism in our politics.
Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by Ramsak1: 5:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
calm down bobo
Politics is politics and it is a dirty game anywhere in the world
You've forgotten how Obaseki was hiding behind Oshiomole during his campaigns?..haven't you?
xoo the same person he rode on his backs to ascend the throne is that same person he keeps rubbishing untill now that he needs such favour again. it doesn't make sense. Loyalty and Respect is key
chriskosherbal:
Am sorry mynd44 but i beg to disagree, cos I don't see any pride here and if there is any it should be on the part of Oshiomole.

What is he feeling like dictating what goes on in a state were u r no longer a state gov to the extent of presenting ur own candidate.

Nobody did that to him during his tenure in our office he should replicate same gesture.

I SAY NO TO GODFATHERISM

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by fyneguy: 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
chriskosherbal:

I SAY NO TO GODFATHERISM

When Obaseki schemed to remove Oshiomole as Chairman, did you condemn the ''godsonism"?

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by busomma: 6:29pm On Jun 01, 2020
Obasaki is as good as gone. In as much as it's condemnable, u must always respect ur political godfather unless u plan comitting political suicide. If u doubt me, go & ask Ambode how market.

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by feedthenation(m): 6:31pm On Jun 01, 2020
Ambode of Lagos was running from pillar to post before the governorship primaries in Lagos state late 2018. once the power brokers have turned their back, sorry is you

Obaseki now knows 'oga na master'. Once the power brokers have turned their back, sorry is your case. The moment Oshiomole won the court case for the APC National Chairman, Obaseki was a goner then.

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by subcbouy: 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2020
All these pocket governors, their time too shall soon pass away. But why Obaseki can not do the right thing while it shines, not until the dawn that he realized about the day is breaking forth.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by Longman8: 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
Politics of Godfatherism
Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by Dchampion65: 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
etokhana:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/01/breaking-apc-governors-meet-party%E2%80%99s-chairman-over-rift-edo-governor-obaseki

If the young has plenty clothes like the elder, he can't have rags like Elder. Experience counts.

He who has the joker card will be crown champion.
Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by ogelekpomgam(m): 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
It's a pity that with all this open begging and meetings,the masses seems not to have any effect on the outcome of an election.it looks like when you have won in the primaries of an election in a "winning party"..then you have possibly secured victory,the main election being inconsequential.its a pity that we have found ourselves in this deplorable state.its a pity that many have accepted this as a norm and a usual thing.its a pity...

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by bayelsaowei(m): 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
bolaayenimo:
I'm ashamed of Obaseki. With all his shakara, he is now prostrating everywhere

Oshiomhole right now...
he should have joined pdp sef
Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by Tareq1105: 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
wallisdon:

Toooooo late.

Something he ought to have done 2 yrs ago.

There's no forgiveness in politics.

Where are those small small boys that were pushing him?

You demolished people houses and properties bcoz they are against you.

You blocked Oshiomole from gaining entrance to his house.

I'm surprise Obaseki could beg.

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki by bayelsaowei(m): 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
ogelekpomgam:
It's a pity that with all this open begging and meetings,the masses seems not to have any effect on the outcome of an election.it looks like when you have won in the primaries of an election in a "winning party"..then you have possibly secured victory,the main election being inconsequential.its a pity that we have found ourselves in this deplorable state.its a pity that many have accepted this as a norm and a usual thing.its a pity...
its almost like our leaders use juju on the masses...imagine if the masses at the end of the day just neglect pdp and apc and vote for some independent party and show both prominent parties the middle finger.. only then can our politicians have sense

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Gives Reason For FFK's Silence On Tinubu's Certificate Issues / Mediatakeout Wrote This About Oshiomhole & His Wife / Dino Melaye Supports #EndSARS Protest, Recounts His Face Off With The Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.