Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,378 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad (372 Views)

Who Condemn You? / Do Nonvirgin Men Have The Moral Right To Condemn Nonvirgin Women? / "I Pity Those Who Condemn Tithing And Pastors” – Actor, Zack Orji (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by Drama35(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2020
Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad
winnaijatv.com
A Kano State-based Muslim cleric, Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad, has condemned those who frown at child marriage, saying they are ignorant and do not know what the Quran says about such things.

Sheikh Muhammad who said this during a marriage sermon in Dala local government area of the state, insisted that there was nothing wrong in a man getting married to a girl-child as long as her parents agree to give their blessings and he is capable of taking care of the bride.

The cleric who was speaking at the wedding Fatiha of a 65-year-old man who got married to a 12-year-old girl, said that Prophet Muhammed and the Holy Quran did not condemn child marriage and does not see why anyone should condemn what the Prophet did not kick against.

“I often wonder why people condemn those who get married to child-brides, as they now call it,” Sheikh Muhammad began.

“They are ignorant and ill-informed because Prophet Muhammed, Peace be upon Him, did not condemn child marriage.

For those who do not know, the Prophet himself got married to a child and there was nothing wrong with it as it was backed by the teachings of the Hadith.

One of the Prophet’s wives, Aisha Bint Bakr, was betrothed to him when she was just six years old and he got married to her when she was nine. However, he did not consummate the marriage until she was 12-years-old.

And the Holy Prophet was about 53 or 54 then.

Lady ‘Aisha was the noble daughter of the honorable companion of the Prophet, Abu Bakr who was loved the most by Prophet Muhammad among all of his companions. Abu Bakr gave his consent for the Prophet to marry his daughter.

The Prophet was grateful to Abu Bakr and used to say in this regard ‘the only one who I am indebted to and couldn’t fulfil his debt is Abu Bakr”. The Prophet did not only mean the financial support by Abu Bakr but more importantly he meant his devotion to God and the sincerity of his heart.

Apart from Aisha who turned out to be one of the most faithful and dutiful wives of the Prophet, he also got married to other young girls, some of whom were given to him by their parents.

He followed the tenets of Islam and the most important thing was that the parents and the Muslim Umma were in support of the marriage and they lived together in peace until Allah called him to Aljannah.

So tell me, if the Holy Prophet could marry young girls, what then is wrong with his followers who do the same? There is nothing wrong whatsoever.

I do not see why anyone should condemn child marriage because it is recorded in the Quran that many religious men who followed the teachings of Prophet Muhammed also got married to girls young enough to be their daughters.

Marrying off a girl when she is very young is a very good thing as it would stop her from mingling with children of the world to become spoiled.

The many cases of zinna (fornication) that we have today are because our girls are allowed to stay too long in their parents’ home without getting married. Why would a girl stay in her parents’ home till she is 14 or 15? Is that not calling for disaster?

That is a sin in the eyes of Allah. The Western education does not also help in these matters as parents now insist that their daughters should go to school. What are they going to school to learn that they cannot learn in Islamic schools? What will they learn that their mothers cannot teach them?

What is the use of their education and certificates when they will end up in a man’s bedroom and kitchen?

What is the use of acquiring all the certificates in the world when you will end up as a wife and a mother? Are you going to present the certificate to your husband on your wedding day?

I support child-marriage and I do not make any apologies for that. Three of my wives were between the ages of 10 and 15 when I married them and we are all living happily.

I was 57-years-old when I married my last wife who was 13 then and today, we have four children.

I give out my daughters in marriage before they get to the age of 12 and I am happy with what they have turned out to become.

So, if anyone tells you that getting married to a 12, 13, or 14-year-old girl is bad, tell them that I, Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad, say that they are not only ignorant but very stupid and do not know what the teachings of the Quran.

I am working with some lawmakers to push a bill in the National Assembly to legalize child marriage as that will help in curbing prostitution, fornication, adultery and other vices our young women indulge in.”

However, some women rights activists have condemned Sheikh Muhammad’s stance on child marriage, saying that he is not only archaic, but actually promoting a dangerous propaganda aimed at perpetually stifling the growth of the girl-child especially in the northern parts of the country.

Some of the activists have called on the government of Kano State to arrest the cleric and also rescue the young girl who was married off to the 65-year-old man.

Do you support Sheikh Muhammad on this issue? Let us know your opinion on this.

Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to feedback-newshub@operanewshub.com
Re: Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by Ezennwa(m): 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2020
hmm!

Muslims will never change, it's in the blood.
Re: Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by psucc(m): 4:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
And whenever you remember that you share same nationality with these people, it sicks.

When shall we go?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by Davash222(m): 4:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
One of the Prophet’s wives, Aisha Bint Bakr, was betrothed to him when she was just six years old and he got married to her when she was nine. However, he did not consummate the marriage until she was 12-years-old.

So, he was fuccking a 12-year old girl

Someone having sex with a minor can never be a preacher of love.
Re: Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
The worst part of it is that women in Islam dare not speak against this or else...

The young girls have no say about it. At 12 they can be disvirgined and have no say over their own bodies. I pity women in Islam.
Re: Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by Tolani0167(m): 4:29pm On Jun 01, 2020
This mumu have started again in a bit to defend their useless child abuse. If you follow what’s in the Bible you would probably be dead by now. Those things are now obsolete and can’t serve modern reality and dogma. Grow up fool you are 1000 years behind, the world now frown at such ungodly behavior as it was in you useless Quran. It is now a grave sin when your indulge in it, even from the other world (those that passed the religion to you)and have you the book where you were quoting from.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by onward4life(m): 4:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
Is lie milk way of 4 kin
Re: Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by zionmde: 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2020
no tragedy is bigger dan being a girl born into d family of an average Muslim northerner.
no freedom, u are stripped of ur childhood at a very early age

thank God for civilization, soon this barbarism will come to an end
Re: Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by illicit(m): 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
Na wa o.
How u go chop twelve year old gal ponmo
Re: Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:05pm On Jun 01, 2020
Bloody sexist
Re: Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by CodeTemplar: 8:30pm On Jun 01, 2020
And that's someone's prophet o.

These people have a long way to go.

On a second thought, what is the position of their 'holy' prophet on those who catch VVF as a result of these marriages? Donkey urine or NHIS funded treatments?
Re: Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by CodeTemplar: 8:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
illicit:
Na wa o.

How u go chop twelve year old gal ponmo
Kponmo or intestine ? 12 year old got no kponmo.
Re: Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by illicit(m): 8:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Kponmo or intestine ? 12 year old got no kponmo.

I taya o
Re: Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by CodeTemplar: 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
zionmde:
no tragedy is bigger dan being a girl born into d family of an average Muslim northerner.
no freedom, u are stripped of ur childhood at a very early age

thank God for civilization, soon this barbarism will come to an end
They are fighting civilization tooth and nail o. See Boko Haram and the subtle support it is getting.
Re: Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 01, 2020
DominusPrime:
The worst part of it is that women in Islam dare not speak against this or else...

The young girls have no say about it. At 12 they can be disvirgined and have no say over their own bodies. I pity women in Islam.
According to the sheik women are meant for bedroom and kitchen only, no need giving them any education outside the quran...women are more or less mere sex objects to these lunatics.
Re: Those Who Condemn Child Marriage Are Ignorant - Sheikh Abdulmalik Ibn Muhammad by OloshoMan: 9:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
Islam is just as useless as Christianity, same misogyny same fools

(1) (Reply)

Come In If You Need Any Healing In Your Body. / I Am Thinking Of Becoming A Muslim / You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.