Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, - Business (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, (100106 Views)

How To Earn Regular Daily Income As A Driver With Roosca! - / How To Become An Email Copywriter And Earn 300k Every Month / How To Become An Email Copywriter And Earn A Comfortable Living With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by kayc0(f): 8:36pm On Jun 17, 2020
shakyum:

the details came few hours later. I checked out around 12 there about, got d details around 4 or so
Alright, Thanks.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by OYENIYIJK: 8:42pm On Jun 17, 2020
Meklex:
I see a lot of people rushing to create their Upwork profile. Creating a profile is secondary —you need to learn how to write first else you will get frustrated.

You need to practice as much as you read/study. That's the only way to learn effectively; learn and practice.

With the permission of Venzal, I can drop some of my old clients' requirements (one requirement per week) and you can attempt it.

This is my earning so far this month. I have people (Nigerians) I write salescopies and ad copies for at 20,000 naira for 500 — 1000 words. That is to tell you that your target audience are not only limited to oyibo people.

You only need to learn and practice.

Even me still dey learn, that's why I always come here every day.
yes boss, abeg drop am. Anything to make the thread go forward, Venzal already support it.
More Earning sir

3 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by OYENIYIJK: 8:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
shakyum:

urs is too exorbitant. I have a year + Grammarly premium. 2h Mtn i don give out grin
Agba grin grin

Dey expect me in your WhatsApp when the lesson don mature
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Meklex(m): 8:56pm On Jun 17, 2020
Meklex:
I see a lot of people rushing to create their Upwork profile. Creating a profile is secondary —you need to learn how to write first else you will get frustrated.

You need to practice as much as you read/study. That's the only way to learn effectively; learn and practice.

With the permission of Venzal, I can drop some of my old clients' requirements (one requirement per week) and you can attempt it.

This is my earning so far this month. I have people (Nigerians) I write salescopies and ad copies for at 20,000 naira for 500 — 1000 words. That is to tell you that your target audience are not only limited to oyibo people.

You only need to learn and practice.

Even me still dey learn, that's why I always come here every day.
While I wait for venzal to reply, here's what I do before/after a client places an order —I ask for 3 things:

1. Website/competitors website

2. Target audience

3. Email objectives.

These 3 things are all I need to write an email. Also, you need to ask for any additional information from your client such as his ideas, major pain points etc.

My research process is the only tedious part. I will visit clients' website, then visit the competitors website and other related websites.

Then I always use this keyword on Google; "why you need to use 'client's product' ". With this keyword you will get lots of information on Google about the clients' product/service.

Then, I normally write my emails following this blueprint; Problem, Solution, CTA.

I always employ TACT while writing especially the first paragraph. In fact, the first paragraph is the most important part of any email I am writing because it sets the course for the rest of the email; and if you get it wrong, chances are you will get the rest of the copy wrong.

MODIFIED

Let's go back to TACT. If you understand this, you have understood almost enough to write email copies your clients will love.

Here's the truth; everything that can be said has already been said. There's nothing new under the sun, so there's literally nothing new you can say in an email.

However, you have an ALMOST unlimited power on HOW to say it —and that's where tact comes in. Always wear your target audience's shoe; find the most common problem they face and dramatize it. It always gets their attention.

To give a face to what I just said, here's an email I wrote for a client who wants to sell email lists of recording artistes, studios, etc to music producers.

There are infinite ways to say this same thing - find the most engaging way to say it

47 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Olawrites: 9:02pm On Jun 17, 2020
Meklex:
While I wait for venzal to reply, here's what I do before/after a client places an order: I ask for 3 things —website/competitors website, target audience, and email objectives. These 3 things are all I need to write an email. Also, you need to ask for any additional information from your client such as his ideas, major pain points etc.

My research process is the only tedious part. I will visit clients' website, then visit the competitors website and other related websites.

Then I always use this keyword on Google; "why you need to use 'client's product' ". With this keyword you will get lots of information on Google about the clients product/service.

Then, I normally write my emails following this blueprint; Problem, Solution, CTA.

I always employ tact while writing especially the first paragraph. In fact, the first paragraph is the most important part of any email I am writing because it sets the course for the rest of the email; and if you get it wrong, chances are you will get the rest of the copy wrong.

Typing...

following
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by OYENIYIJK: 9:04pm On Jun 17, 2020
Following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Graxie(f): 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2020
Following
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by WordsWriter: 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2020
I see so many people on this thread becoming millionaires before December.

Thank you Venzal and other gurus contributing. God bless and reward you!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by OYENIYIJK: 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2020
WordsWriter:

I see so many people on this becoming millionaires before December.

Amen

We pray Oh Lord

5 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by AwesomeDuru(m): 10:07pm On Jun 17, 2020
Meklex:
Boss cool

I want to be like you o.

Thanks for contributing to the thread.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Olawrites: 10:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
WordsWriter:

Yes, it will I believe. We still have 6 months ahead to call it a wrap for this year.

My advice, there are other platforms you can pitch to get your clients outside Upwork

i.e Craigslists, LinkedIn, eBay classified for business etc

Pitch these business owners and sell your benefits to them to hire you.

The key is being creative... Many business owners need YOU!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Olawrites: 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2020
Meklex:
While I wait for venzal to reply, here's what I do before/after a client places an order —I ask for 3 things:

1. Website/competitors website

2. Target audience

3. Email objectives.

These 3 things are all I need to write an email. Also, you need to ask for any additional information from your client such as his ideas, major pain points etc.

Then I always use this keyword on Google; "why you need to use 'client's product' ". With this keyword you will get lots of information on Google about the clients' product/service.

I always employ TACT while writing especially the first paragraph. In fact, the first paragraph is the most important part of any email I am writing because it sets the course for the rest of the email; and if you get it wrong, chances are you will get the rest of the copy wrong.

MODIFIED

Let's go back to TACT. If you understand this, you have understood almost enough to write email copies your clients will love.

Here's the truth; everything that can be said has already been said. There's nothing new under the sun, so there's literally nothing new you can say in an email.

However, you have an ALMOST unlimited power on HOW to say it —and that's where tact comes in. Always wear your target audience's shoe; find the most common problem they face and dramatize it. It always gets their attention.

To give a face to what I just said, here's an email I wrote for a client who wants to sell email lists of recording artistes, studios, etc to music producers.

There are infinite ways to say this same thing - find the most engaging way to say it

Nice one

I have a question; for some of us that have a full-time job somewhere, how are we going to cope when the order starts coming.

Any suggestion?

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by SuleimanKano(m): 10:43pm On Jun 17, 2020
WordsWriter:

Amen...
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by SuleimanKano(m): 10:46pm On Jun 17, 2020
Olawrites:

Nice one

I have a question; for some of us that have a full-time job somewhere, how are we going to cope when the order starts coming.

Any suggestion?

It simple

Well, the ball is in everyone's court....

Weigh the advantages and disadvantages...

You have your answers.

But for me, "I Follow the money"

I hope this helps.

Cheers.....

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Meklex(m): 10:51pm On Jun 17, 2020
Olawrites:

Nice one

Any suggestion?
I started when I was serving. I go to my PPA every day.

I now run a brick and mortar business which I run every day.

My point is, if it's important to you to you, you will automatically create time for it —at least that's what I do.

Afterthought: in Venzal's last video, he told a client he can't do more than 7 emails in a week. Find out what works for you; increase your turnaround time, create a framework for the email you are writing so it will be easier. Lastly, you can outsource. Whenever I get more than 6 to 10 emails in queue, I outsource.

15 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by SuleimanKano(m): 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2020
shakyum:

urs is too exorbitant. I have a year + Grammarly premium. 2h Mtn i don give out grin

Can we drink to that?

Make I send you the 2h MTN?
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Olawrites: 11:02pm On Jun 17, 2020
SuleimanKano:

It simple

Well, the ball is in everyone's court....

Weigh the advantages and disadvantages...

You have your answers.

But for me, "I Follow the money"

I hope this helps.

Cheers.....

Bro you'll do well in copywriting from your writing style.You dey try grin
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Olawrites: 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2020
Meklex:

My point is, if it's important to you to you, you will automatically create time for it —at least that's what I do.

Afterthought: in Venzal's last video, he told a client he can't do more than 7 emails in a week. Find out what works for you; increase your turnaround time, create a framework for the email you are writing so it will be easier. Lastly, you can outsource. Whenever I get more than 6 to 10 emails in queue, I outsource.

An eye opener I must say. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by adsmaster: 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
Has any here gone through the "Market research matrix" venzal sent; did you grasp a thing or two from it?

Trying to wrap my mind and head around it, but it just seem vague.

I know we need that guildline to dig deep and unravel mysteries about the clients business but...

"I just need to see how its been used in real time"

Maybe a case study where we use that research matrix form to come up with "INFO" as provided by the client [simulated client]... And write email for him will do.

@venzal, can these be our next exercise ? These will be a good area to cover on your next class,teaching or video.

I think it's time for practical exercise if you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by adsmaster: 11:15pm On Jun 17, 2020
Meklex:

The bolded is key.

Most of the videos I have watched, and podcast I have listen to talks alot about having frame work, guess these is one practice that will be become an ordinance for me.

3 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by shakyum: 11:21pm On Jun 17, 2020
OYENIYIJK:
Agba grin grin
Dey expect me in your WhatsApp when the lesson don mature
.boss anytime i dey ooh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by shakyum: 11:26pm On Jun 17, 2020
SuleimanKano:

Can we drink to that?
Make I send you the 2h MTN?
hit my WhatsApp ASAP. offer is limited
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 18, 2020
YOU TOO CAN LOOSE THAT WEIGHT !

Let me tell you a story about my home boy, JK aka Father Hipopo.

You see JK and I were born on the same day, grew up in the same neighbourhood, went to the same school, and even crushed on the same girl – Uh-um.
In the 12th grade JK’s mother passed away. This was really a sad time for JK, and even me his buddy as well. JK changed from the lively happy-go-lucky guy to the guy no one wanted to have anything to do with. He began to skip school, his grades dropped, got into a lot of fight with other kids at school, and put on a LOT OF WEIGHT.

I am not going to lie, I disliked this new JK. He irked me.
With JK’s new addition in WEIGHT his self-esteem dropped, he lost his girl-friend from middle school, and since he was always getting into fights, he lost a scholarship to the University of Texas – JK was an intelligent kid.

When it was time to go to college, we went to separate universities. We struggled to keep in touch for the first few months, but eventually lost contact.
Few years later, on my way to work on cold Boston morning, I heard my name Venzal but kept on walking. “Venzal, it’s me JK we grew up together in the same neighbourhood” I heard JK scream. Memories flashed through my Mind of my home boy JK, the great Father Hipopo. We scheduled a hangout for Saturday to do some catching up.

On the day of the hangout, JK complained to me about how he’s been wanting to shed a couple of pounds as he was tired of the constant stares he gets from people when in public, and also to help with his esteem and land a new job.
I proceeded to introduce JK to a WEIGHT LOSS product I used my self [LINK] and still use to maintain my current weight.
I myself was quite over weight, weighing close to 200lbs, but in three months with this product [LINK] I was able to shed over 50lbs. Today my friend, JK and I weigh 150lbs. This was achieved through the WEIGHT LOSS product [LINK].

You too can achieve the DESIRED WEIGHT you want. You can fit in your favourite dress, pants and skirts. All you have to do is just a click away [LINK]

embarassed embarassed embarassed
still learning
Venzal, Wordwriter, OYENIYIJK, ChaseVibes

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by AtoningBlood(m): 1:49am On Jun 18, 2020
Omg, @ Venzal, selfless guy, God bless you richly. I pray someone's life will be changed from this training just as mine changed.

I did a training with him I think 2 years ago, I know nothing about what freelance is, I don't write either but I channelled all I learnt from him to my own niche.

Freelance is sweet, I pray for only one person to share a positive story from this class come 2022 if Jesus delays His coming and by His grace.

Thank you Venzal, thank you and thank You!!!!!!!

Let me add this: one of the things that kill freelance success is greediness, don't be greedy, start small no matter what, as a newbie, please bid low, you start increasing your rate as you grow.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Babanla000: 2:49am On Jun 18, 2020
Four40:
YOU TOO CAN LOOSE THAT WEIGHT !

Let me tell you a story about my home boy, JK aka Father Hipopo.
You see JK and I were born on the same day, grew up in the same neighbourhood, went to the same school, and even crushed on the same girl – Uh-um.

embarassed embarassed embarassed
still learning
Venzal, Wordwriter, OYENIYIJK, ChaseVibes
Oga go sleep oooooo. lolzzzzzzzzzzz.
You tried Boss. I love your story. Let's keep it in mind to always resonate with the reader's problem so they will also resonate with our solution. Lets Put ourself in their shoe by this ideas will flow. And as we are practicing, don't edit at all. If ideas is coming be writing it down even if it is nonsense after that we can now start editing. As a newbie, I don't think it is a crime to write 15 emails for a client and give him one as a original and one as a bonus wink wink wink

6 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by telim: 3:18am On Jun 18, 2020
Nice thread. I need a good email copy writer for different cpa products mostly in insurance niche, sweepstakes and biz pop

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by OYENIYIJK: 3:33am On Jun 18, 2020
telim:
Nice thread. I need a good email copy writer for different cpa products mostly in insurance niche, sweepstakes and biz pop
when do you need them sir?

Dear Telim

I can see you need a very good copywriter for your different CPA products. I can be of help. You want a copy that gets attention, gets its message across and convinces the customer to buy your products - I will help with that - that is my area of expertise. I will take your products, study it and I will take hours to find what is unique about it and present that "uniqueness" in a way that will motivate the customer to buy it.

Do you like working with me? If yes, I will like to ask you some information needed about your products and I will work extra miles to provide a strong copy to stand out to get our prospect's attention.

Don't forget, we provide free emails and a discount work.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Venzal student!!!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Valwezzy: 5:49am On Jun 18, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

when do you need them sir?

Dear Telim

I can see you need a very good copywriter for your different CPA products. I can be of help. You want a copy that gets attention, gets its message across and convinces the customer to buy your products - I will help with that - that is my area of expertise. I will take your products, study it and I will take hours to find what is unique about it and present that "uniqueness" in a way that will motivate the customer to buy it.

Do you like working with me? If yes, I will like to ask you some information needed about your products and I will work extra miles to provide a strong copy to stand out to get our prospect's attention.

Don't forget, we provide free emails and a discount work.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Venzal student!!!

Not bad, there's still room for improvement.
Always resist the urge to use "I"... No one f**king cares about you.

PS - Use the PASO technique when submitting a proposal.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Valwezzy: 6:13am On Jun 18, 2020
AtoningBlood:
Omg, @ Venal, selfless guy, God bless you richly. I pray someone's life will be changed from this training just as mine changed.

I did a training with him I think 2 years ago, I know nothing about what freelance is, I don't write either but I channelled all I learnt from him to my own niche.

Today, for over 2 years now, I earn weekly/monthly like someone on a regular job, yes I'm on a regular freelance job. Bought a car, and almost completing my house.

Freelance is sweet, I pray for only one person to share a positive story from this class come 2022 if Jesus delays His coming and by His grace.

Thank you Venal, thank you and thank You!!!!!!!

Let me add this: one of the things that kill freelance success is greediness, don't be greedy, start small no matter what, as a newbie, please bid low, you start increasing your rate as you grow.

Nice one.

Care to share your niche?
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by SuleimanKano(m): 7:18am On Jun 18, 2020
Olawrites:

Bro you'll do well in copywriting from your writing style.You dey try grin
Oga I still dey learn ooooo.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by SuleimanKano(m): 7:27am On Jun 18, 2020
AtoningBlood:
Omg, @ Venal, selfless guy, God bless you richly. I pray someone's life will be changed from this training just as mine changed.

Today, for over 2 years now, I earn weekly/monthly like someone on a regular job, yes I'm on a regular freelance job. Bought a car, and almost completing my house.

Thank you Venal, thank you and thank You!!!!!!!

Thanks a bunch.

I will definitely take your words to the bank..

Cheers for the eye opener.

Venzal is the Boss.

Truly selfless....

My hands are sky high thanking you till the end of time.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Olawrites: 8:13am On Jun 18, 2020
Valwezzy:

Nice one.

Care to share your niche?

Graphic design or so. I know her on the Fiverr thread

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (56) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / Obi Cubana Buys 2022 Mercedes Benz Maybach S580 Guard 4matic Bulletproof / Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.