Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, - Business (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, (100418 Views)

How To Earn Regular Daily Income As A Driver With Roosca! - / How To Become An Email Copywriter And Earn 300k Every Month / How To Become An Email Copywriter And Earn A Comfortable Living With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by OYENIYIJK: 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
AwesomeDuru:
Boss Ven.zal mentioned that you reached out to him with domain sales letter written with the PASO method or so.

Do you care to share the letter with me? I want to try my hands on outbounding today.

Boss I have quote you on dead thread. Both the letter and the screenshot sent. I get reply with it but those oyinbo too dey stubborn.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by OYENIYIJK: 12:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
SuleimanKano:

Park well

shakyum gave me for 2h MTN.
grin grin grin

You for leave am, na business e dey do. Anybody wey no rush go know where to buy. You no fit read and buy that thousands of naira grin grin
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by AwesomeDuru(m): 12:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

Boss I have quote you on dead thread. Both the letter and the screenshot sent. I get reply with it but those oyinbo too dey stubborn.
Okay, thanks.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Qulink1(m): 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2020
shakyum:

shebi eBay message u? no worry e come. me self been dey worried
No e no come oo Boss,tried opening another acc again same thing
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Virgo01(m): 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
emperorsversion:

nice one bro!!! this itself is a template
Thanks man...we will get there.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by mhizzpatra(f): 1:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
Please, kindly check my profile
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a831e2dc7acaf05a

Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks.

Venzal

3 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Tickles001(m): 1:42pm On Jun 18, 2020
SuleimanKano:

What am I doing here? (Thought of any client visiting your profile)

Your profile isn't interesting even though am a newbie.

You can work magic by reviewing top folks profile...

Avoid emphasis on "I". Avoid it as you would avoid rattlesnakes and COVID 19. Lolz...

You need to arouse in clients an eager want...

When creating your profile, remember you're dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotions, creatures bristling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.

Your profile should make clients want to hire you.

Anyway, the issue is dead.

The sky is your limit.

I maybe wrong though.

Cheers..

P.S. Apologies for my criticism.
shocked shocked shocked
That was very brutal. Mehn.... that your remark no be here.

Thanks for the insight. I'll start the remake process immediately. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Crazeworld(m): 1:51pm On Jun 18, 2020
Virgo01:

Hello Telim,

Your job post got me thrilled enough to want to do three cartwheels in my office.

Why?

I perfectly understand your desire to hire a "good copywriter" for your cost per action affiliate offers.

It will totally break your heart if conversion rates are abysmally low you can't even break even.

...or even suffer a loss after you've committed so much resources to promoting your cpa products.

The truth is, a great copy by a good copywriter is all that stands between resounding success or heartbreaking failure for all your campaigns.

I'm glad you acknowledge that.

Speaking about your desired campaigns, what kind of insurance policies are you looking to promote?

Barely a year ago, I wrote a copy for a client who was looking to promote a Fixed Life Insurance policy.

He had retired from his job as an insurance agent and was looking to earning commissions by referring people to great insurance policies he personally could vouch for.

You can take a look at the copy I wrote here [LINK]

I still have an active client who promotes affiliate offers with the Panthera CPA affiliate network. You can access this folder to check out some emails I wrote for her a while ago [LINK]

Tell you what Tellis, I'm already brewing with ideas on how to position your chosen offers with the power of copywriting such that you get really high conversion rates.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
As a newbie myself I'd hire if you send me a proposal like this.

You addressed the clients problems quite well despite the 'little' information he provided. Will definitely make reference to this when writing proposals

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by adsmaster: 2:02pm On Jun 18, 2020
Venzal:
You don't have to be GREAT before launching into the deep.

Most of the things you will learn will come from actual job experience

Thanks coach
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by AwesomeDuru(m): 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

I just wrote this to sell mine:

The last phone call every home or business owner wants to receive is one delivering the news that their roof has collapsed.

After all, a roof collapse is no small issue.

First, there's the risk of injury to loved ones.

The business owner would fear for the lives of his employees/customers.

And then, there's the likelihood of a total operational shutdown even if the building is still usable.

Of course, no one wants this to happen to them..

But it does always happen.

And with advancement in tech, what most people do is whip out their phones, navigate to Google and type in:

"Riverside Roof Repair"

Now, imagine if as a business owner offering roof repair in Riverside, you could benefit from direct searches by positioning yourself with an online piece of real estate like this:

www.RiversideRoofRepair.com

This domain name is listed for sale at Dan's domain marketplace for $250 only.

Only business owners who position themselves online benefit from scenarios like the one I painted above.

Are you that forward thinking business owner?

Visit www.RiversideRoofRepair.com for immediate ownership.

Best regards,
Duru Domains

Venzal

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by AwesomeDuru(m): 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
I declined an invitation to interview yesterday embarassed lipsrsealed

I didn't apply or anything.

I dunno why I was invited but my confidence level isn't that great at the moment.

I declined o. Saying I had too many projects at hand.

It's probably a very foolish mistake.

But we move cool

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by AtoningBlood(m): 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
Valwezzy:

Nice one.

Care to share your niche?

Sis, I have never mentioned my niche to anyone online. I don't believe in doing what others do. I believe in myself and build on what I do. I believe anyone can sell whatever he or she is good at doing.

All the best to anyone who take this training serious.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by AtoningBlood(m): 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2020
AwesomeDuru:
I declined an invitation to interview yesterday embarassed lipsrsealed

I didn't apply or anything.

I dunno why I was invited but my confidence level isn't that great at the moment.

I declined o. Saying I had too many projects at hand.

It's probably a very foolish mistake.

But we move cool

Aahaha, why now? you should have accepted, expect more invitations from clients who like your profile. You build your confidence as you attend interviews.

3 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by adsmaster: 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2020
Virgo01:

Hello Telim,

Your job post got me thrilled enough to want to do three cartwheels in my office.

Why?

I perfectly understand your desire to hire a "good copywriter" for your cost per action affiliate offers.

It will totally break your heart if conversion rates are abysmally low you can't even break even.

...or even suffer a loss after you've committed so much resources to promoting your cpa products.

The truth is, a great copy by a good copywriter is all that stands between resounding success or heartbreaking failure for all your campaigns.

I'm glad you acknowledge that.

Speaking about your desired campaigns, what kind of insurance policies are you looking to promote?

Barely a year ago, I wrote a copy for a client who was looking to promote a Fixed Life Insurance policy.

He had retired from his job as an insurance agent and was looking to earning commissions by referring people to great insurance policies he personally could vouch for.

You can take a look at the copy I wrote here [LINK]

I still have an active client who promotes affiliate offers with the Panthera CPA affiliate network. You can access this folder to check out some emails I wrote for her a while ago [LINK]

Tell you what Tellis, I'm already brewing with ideas on how to position your chosen offers with the power of copywriting such that you get really high conversion rates.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Virgo01 Are you sure you just "learning the ropes" of copywriting?

You strike me Like someone who's gone "a full 12 rounds - bouts" in copywriting.

I must confess, you writing is pretty great.

Also:

You really focused on "what's in for the client".

you beamed the flood light of your copy on his pain points and showed him who how you intend to help solve it.

More:

You threw in links of, a couple of previous jobs you've done for him to check out...

Weldone

8 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by jonextee(m): 2:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
Meklex:
While I wait for venzal to reply, here's what I do before/after a client places an order —I ask for 3 things:

1. Website/competitors website

2. Target audience

3. Email objectives.

These 3 things are all I need to write an email. Also, you need to ask for any additional information from your client such as his ideas, major pain points etc.

My research process is the only tedious part. I will visit clients' website, then visit the competitors website and other related websites.

Then I always use this keyword on Google; "why you need to use 'client's product' ". With this keyword you will get lots of information on Google about the clients' product/service.

Then, I normally write my emails following this blueprint; Problem, Solution, CTA.

I always employ TACT while writing especially the first paragraph. In fact, the first paragraph is the most important part of any email I am writing because it sets the course for the rest of the email; and if you get it wrong, chances are you will get the rest of the copy wrong.

MODIFIED

Let's go back to TACT. If you understand this, you have understood almost enough to write email copies your clients will love.

Here's the truth; everything that can be said has already been said. There's nothing new under the sun, so there's literally nothing new you can say in an email.

However, you have an ALMOST unlimited power on HOW to say it —and that's where tact comes in. Always wear your target audience's shoe; find the most common problem they face and dramatize it. It always gets their attention.

To give a face to what I just said, here's an email I wrote for a client who wants to sell email lists of recording artistes, studios, etc to music producers.

There are infinite ways to say this same thing - find the most engaging way to say it

What a powerful sample you gave out here!!

GBU..

However, I have a question.

What is this TACT? I tried to comprehend it from both your sample n ur explanation but just couldn't.

So pls can u define this TACT and how it is used in sample u gave?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Amhappy(f): 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2020
mhizzpatra:

Venzal

I like it.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by AtoningBlood(m): 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2020
Tickles001:
I want some Upwork gurus in the house to please take a look at my Upwork profile. I need to know if am on the right track.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~019187a72193b06e3c

This is where I have issues, an Engineer who is boasting of being a copy writer. Have you done any course/training to boast of delivering good sales copies?

Search for what you can do with your experience as an Engineer and sell that.

When I started, I told Venzal, see, I'm not going to write cos it's not my way, and he asked what experience I have, he even personally and without a cost sent me some videos to help me in my niche. I know a nairalander who is a surveyor making it big- I remember he said he thought of how to put his course of study to use when he wanted to start freelancing. Please consider your training/course and think of how to sell it.

I signed out to write here, am out before I sleep late.

Goodluck to all.

5 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Amhappy(f): 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2020
I lot of guys here are good. I’m so intimidated.
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by AtoningBlood(m): 2:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
mhizzpatra:

Venzal

You can boast of writing in the health field since you read nursing, it's showing in your profile. Your cover letter don't say much of that.

I hope you understand this, clients also look at this area. Anything health sell well, if you build it, you will earn well.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Virgo01(m): 3:08pm On Jun 18, 2020
adsmaster:

Virgo01 Are you sure you just "learning the ropes" of copywriting?

You strike me Like someone who's gone "a full 12 rounds - bouts" in copywriting.

I must confess, you writing is pretty great.

Also:

You really focused on "what's in for the client".

you beamed the flood light of your copy on his pain points and showed him who how you intend to help solve it.

More:

You threw in links of, a couple of previous jobs you've done for him to check out...

Weldone
Haha...of course I am just learning the ropes.

I am going to say something that'd surprise you.

...I never knew what copywriting was till I was referred to this thread by a friend through his Whatsapp story.

Truth is, whenever I saw "Copypwriter", I'd think, "Oh, does that guy copy some stuff somewhere and write down?"
Yeah, that was how ignorant I was. Maybe more.

But Venzal is changing that.
Not just for me. But for you and anyone else who cares enough to take a look at his actionable tutorials.
...and put some work into mastering this hell of a skill.

11 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Meklex(m): 3:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
jonextee:

What a powerful sample you gave out here!!

GBU..

However, I have a question.

What is this TACT? I tried to comprehend it from both your sample n ur explanation but just couldn't.

So pls can u define this TACT and how it is used in sample u gave?

Tact simply means skill and sensitivity in dealing with other people.

Do you know why you prefer a particular speaker more than the other? It's simply tact.

The popular "I have a dream" speech by Martin Luther is not famous because he is the first person who said what he said in that speech. It was famous because of his delivery. He had the skill and the sensitivity.

Same with Obama. Same with my old Parish Priest (I don't like going to church very much, but I can willingly stay extra time whenever this reverend father is preaching).

NOTE: I used tact in the sentence in the bracket. Can you point it out?

With tact, you can say anything you want to say and have people clap for you even if you are speaking against them.

So for you to write an email, you must first of all have the skill and sensitivity to understand who you are writing to, what tickles them and use it.

"The point is, as a producer, there are two things you take seriously: making awesome beats and getting them heard by the right people."

Of course, every producer takes the above seriously and that's you being sensitivity to their needs. Now skill comes in in how you use it, how you say/write it.

Now, I could say, "I know you love making awesome beats and getting the right people to hear them", it's engaging —but not enough.

Tact makes a copy awesome. It makes it lose blandness.

Sometimes I spend hours researching on the best way to say a line I want to use in an email. I normally do this for the first few paragraphs.

PS: There are many other lines in the email sample I gave earlier that employed tact in their execution, you could point them out.

If you employ tact in your email copy, your clients will not only accept your work, they will also do this.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Valwezzy: 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2020
Meklex:

Do you know why you prefer a particular speaker more than the other? It's simply tact.

The popular "I have a dream" speech by Martin Luther is not famous because he is the first person who said what he said in that speech. It was famous because of his delivery. He had the skill and the sensitivity.

Same with Obama. Same with my old Parish Priest (I don't like going to church very much, but I can willingly stay extra time whenever this reverend father is preaching).

With tact, you can say anything you want to say and have people clap for you even if you are speaking against them.

So for you to write an email you must first of all have the skill and sensitivity to understand who you are writing to, what tickles them and use it.

"The point is, as a producer, there are two things you take seriously: making awesome beats and getting them heard by the right people."

Of course, every producer takes the above seriously and that's you being sensitivity to their needs. Now skill comes in in how you use it, how you say/write it.

Now, I could say, "I know you love making awesome beats and getting the right people to hear them", it's engaging —but not enough.

Sometimes I spend hours researching on the best way to say a line I want to use in an email. I normally do this for the first few paragraphs.

PS: There are many other lines in the email sample I gave earlier that employed tact in it's execution, you could point them out.

If you employ tact in your email copy, your clients will not only accept your work, they will also do this.

You're doing very well, thanks!

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Amhappy(f): 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2020
AtoningBlood:

This is where I have issues, an Engineer who is boasting of being a copy writer. Have you done any course/training to boast of delivering good sales copies?

Search for what you can do with your experience as an Engineer and sell that.

When I started, I told Venzal, see, I'm not going to write cos it's not my way, and he asked what experience I have, he even personally and without a cost sent me some videos to help me in my niche. I know a nairalander who is a surveyor making it big- I remember he said he thought of how to put his course of study to use when he wanted to start freelancing. Please consider your training/course and think of how to sell it.

I signed out to write here, am out before I sleep late.

Goodluck to all.

I also have this problem. But I don’t know what niche I should go for as I don’t have any exceptional skills in my field. Credibility on writing for a Chemical Engineering as education,will clients be convinced? I need guidance. What other skills are needed that I can learn

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Amhappy(f): 3:35pm On Jun 18, 2020
Meklex:

So for you to write an email, you must first of all have the skill and sensitivity to understand who you are writing to, what tickles them and use it.

PS: There are many other lines in the email sample I gave earlier that employed tact in it's execution, you could point them out.

‘Willing stay’ is that the tact.

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Graxie(f): 4:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
Amhappy:

I also have this problem. But I don’t know what niche I should go for as I don’t have any exceptional skills in my field. Credibility on writing for a Chemical Engineering as education,will clients be convinced? I need guidance. What other skills are needed that I can learn
Engineers are problem solvers. I saw one client looking for who will write a copy for him on building construction, he needed the copywriter to use construction terms. Please don't be confused, venzal told that we can start generally until you can carve your niche, besides you have Google and Amazon reviews. I must make it here, in fact, your Engineering background is a plus. Didn't you do GST, Engineering law? Statistics? Philosophy? Babe we will do well here.

7 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Meklex(m): 4:08pm On Jun 18, 2020
Amhappy:

‘Willing stay’ is that the tact.
"I don't like going to church very much".

"Hate" is a strong word/language and not politically correct.

A die-hard church fan might find me using, "I hate going to church all the time" offensive.

So always use politically correct words/sentences unless all your target audience hate going to church.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Amhappy(f): 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
Meklex:

A die-hard church fan might find me using, "I hate going to church" offensive. So always use politically correct words/sentences unless all your target audience hate going to church.

Wow Nice. Thanks
Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Amhappy(f): 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
Graxie:
Engineers are problem solvers. I saw one client looking for who will write a copy for him on building construction, he needed the copywriter to use construction terms. Please don't be confused, venzal told that we can start generally until you can carve your niche, besides you have Google and Amazon reviews. I must make it here, in fact, your Engineering background is a plus. Didn't you do GST, Engineering law? Statistics? Philosophy? Babe we will do well here.

Wow I’m getting the drift thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by shotanny(f): 4:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Meklex:

A die-hard church fan might find me using, "I hate going to church" offensive. So always use politically correct words/sentences unless all your target audience hate going to church.
Good afternoon bro, I was the one that pmed you...
Please I am having issues with getting orders, I have opened a fiverr account for some weeks now but no orders yet...I also send offers on buyer's request...but still no orders...pls can you give me tips on what to do.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by mhizzpatra(f): 4:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
AtoningBlood:

You can boast of writing in the health field since you read nursing, it's showing in your profile. Your cover letter don't say much of that.

I hope you understand this, clients also look at this area. Anything health sell well, if you build it, you will earn well.

Thanks, I'll take note of that

1 Like

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Olawrites: 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
shotanny:
Please I am having issues with getting orders, I have opened a fiverr account for some weeks now but no orders yet...I also send offers on buyer's request...but still no orders...pls can you give me tips on what to do.

Stop!

When you read this to the end, you'll have make it happen and you start getting orders like CRAZY.

What's it?

Avoid the temptation of using "I" when bidding for jobs...

No one gives a hut about you out there.

3 Likes

Re: How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, by Meklex(m): 5:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
shotanny:

You can buy reviews, promote on social media etc. I don't do those and can't say anything about it. Whenever I stop getting orders, I just focus on my other businesses until it comes aroun‌‌d

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (56) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / Obi Cubana Buys 2022 Mercedes Benz Maybach S580 Guard 4matic Bulletproof / Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.