Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Childhood Memory... Can You Relate? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Childhood Memory... Can You Relate? (1462 Views)

I Look Too Young And I Find It Hard To Relate With People / Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) / Hilarious Photos Of Men Shopping With Their Wives, Can You Relate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Childhood Memory... Can You Relate? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2020
The name of the ball was called either Felele or strong ball or FIFA ball (later learnt it was a leather ball).

Then to choose a post we did what we called "Tospin" (toss of 50kobo coin, there must be 50kobo else ball will not start)

Every infraction was called "faow", later learnt it meant, "foul"
Re: Childhood Memory... Can You Relate? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:12pm On Nov 01, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:

What made you not afraid of punishment?

Ah the play was too sweet and the punishment did not reduce the sweetness, until they changed the punishment to No-play, ah that's when I learnt the art of bargaining, homework both school and chores for playtime grin
Re: Childhood Memory... Can You Relate? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2020
Harllaby:
As a kid we form ball using newspapers and papertape. Also we played four post, one touch grin

What about 4 Courts and 6 Courts grin?

1 Like

Re: Childhood Memory... Can You Relate? by bukatyne(f): 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Ah the play was too sweet and the punishment did not reduce the sweetness, until they changed the punishment to No-play, ah that's when I learnt the art of bargaining, homework both school and chores for playtime grin

Wise parents smiley
Re: Childhood Memory... Can You Relate? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:34pm On Nov 01, 2020
bukatyne:

Wise parents smiley

Yes oh, their sense was four-much such that beating them then became my personal goal which I finally did through God and I earned their respect, awe and admiration till today. grin

Only to now discover that now the game has changed again that I must now not lose their love and respect and admiration, and once again the game continues, meanwhile, my kids have started their own now and I'm loving every piece of it. grin
Re: Childhood Memory... Can You Relate? by nabiz(m): 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2020
etcme:
Gone are the days.. When boys were real boys.

Rules of football when we were kids;

1. The fat kid was always the goalkeeper.

2. The owner of the ball decides who plays.

3. If you didn't participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban.

4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game.

5. When the owner of the ball got annoyed, game over.

6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues.

7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.

8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score.

9. No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

11.There is fault only if the fault is serious.

12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.

13.If you are chosen last it is a humiliation and you will remain in defense.

14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.

15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.

16.To differentiate the teams, one of the teams pulls off their shirts.

17.There is always a house where when the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !!

18.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents. You made me to remember my how I save money for 2 years to buy my self a flying carpet(ball) I wrote on the body BREAK AND PAY. That means whoever breaks the ball will pay. Before you play my ball you must cut you toe nails.

Share yours!
Re: Childhood Memory... Can You Relate? by nabiz(m): 7:15pm On Nov 01, 2020
etcme:
Gone are the days.. When boys were real boys.

Rules of football when we were kids;

1. The fat kid was always the goalkeeper.

2. The owner of the ball decides who plays.

3. If you didn't participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban.

4. The guy who's never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game.

5. When the owner of the ball got annoyed, game over.

6. When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues.

7. You can't dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.

8. No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score.

9. No offsides.

10.There is no referee.

11.There is fault only if the fault is serious.

12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.

13.If you are chosen last it is a humiliation and you will remain in defense.

14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.

15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.

16.To differentiate the teams, one of the teams pulls off their shirts.

17.There is always a house where when the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !!

18.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents.
Share yours!
You made me to remember my how I save money for 2 years to buy my self a flying carpet(ball) I wrote on the body BREAK AND PAY. That means whoever breaks the ball will pay. Before you play my ball you must cut you toe nails.
Re: Childhood Memory... Can You Relate? by Lamanii22(f): 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2020
Mariangeles:

Are your names Bukola Tina? cheesy

grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Did Not Authorize Anybody To Adopt My Son! Pls Help! / What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? / (Nigerian) Woman Jailed Over Son's Return (to Nigeria)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.