Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

A Challenge To The Christians! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Challenge To The Christians! (1700 Views)

Honest Question To The Christians / Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: It's Not Trump That They Hate, It's You, The Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Challenge To The Christians! by Tmach137(m): 1:06pm On Jun 03, 2020

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by budaatum: 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2020
I think many courts already accept the existence of my deity, or it would be a mockery to make me "swear/promise by Almighty God that the evidence I shall give will be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth", if they didn't.

As to you, op. Why ask me to prove you wrong and bless you with my knowledge? Do I owe you or something?

2 Likes

Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by MightySparrow: 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2020
Yes he exists. if not why does He have more followers than atheists? Why does he have more employees in all nations believing they are working for him and expecting rewards from him. Why are people from all races, time, profession, civilization devote their time and means to a 'non - existent being? Yes he exists and many have interactions with him time and again from almost all races and are convinced, though not seen, Why do courts ask people to swear with holy books if the courts don't recognize his existence? yet they believe. yet he exists: God of the Bible is the only God to claim creation, undeniable spread of human race, He wrote a programme for the human activties in accurate prophecy. He is the only one who boldly tells us how the world will end.
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Tmach137(m): 2:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
MightySparrow:
Yes he exists. if not why does He have more followers than atheists? Why does he have more employees in all nations believing they are working for him and expecting rewards from him. Why are people from all races, time, profession, civilization devote their time and means to a 'non - existent being? Yes he exists and many have interactions with him time and again from almost all races and are convinced, though not seen, Why do courts ask people to swear with holy books if the courts don't recognize his existence? yet they believe. yet he exists: God of the Bible is the only God to claim creation, undeniable spread of human race, He wrote a programme for the human activties in accurate prophecy. He is the only one who boldly tells us how the world will end.
Just because billions of people accross d globe believe in a god doesn't mean dat god exists. Billions of people also believe in Allah. why are u not a Muslim then? Many other gods besides the god of the Bible ave claimed creation as well. Y not believe in those??

In d ancient times, people accross the world believed d Earth was flat. Now they ave ALL been proven wrong.

U don't knw d difference between claims and evidence. Pls learn d difference. U are just making baseless claims. I'm not surprised tho. This is one of the types of responses I predicted:

"2. Answers dat display ignorance on what constitutes evidence for the existence of something"

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Tmach137(m): 2:30pm On Jun 03, 2020
budaatum:
I think many courts already accept the existence of my deity, or it would be a mockery to make me "swear/promise by Almighty God that the evidence I shall give will be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth", if they didn't.

As to you, op. Why ask me to prove you wrong and bless you with my knowledge? Do I owe you or something?
How has dis justified ur God's existence?

I guess I should believe in Allah then since he's just as popular as d god of d bible right?

I had already predicted ur reply. No surprises:

""2. Answers dat display ignorance on what constitutes evidence for the existence of something""

By d way, u Christians try to "bless us with ur knowledge" everyday thru evangelism and other means. If u truly knew about d existence of ur god, u shld be able to present at d first request. If u don't have any evidence (or u have but don't want to share), u don't have to reply to d thread. U're not obligated to.

6 Likes

Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Dtruthspeaker: 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tmach137:
I have a simple question for d christians...

does any of u have any credible, objective, verifiable, empirical evidence that your particular god (in this case, Yahweh) exists? Can dis evidence be accepted in a court of law or in a Science classroom in any secular university?

If any christian here can present such evidence, i will surely convert to Christianity and share my testimony here on nairaland with reference to the moniker dat won my soul.

As someone who has been asking these questions for years, im going to predict the kind of answers the Christians of this forum will give me

1. Answers dat mistake knowledge with beliefs

2. Answers dat display ignorance on what constitutes evidence for the existence of something

3. Answers dat betray lack of understanding about d burden of proof

4. Answers dat are at conflict with science

5. Answers dat reveal lack of understanding of who atheists are and what atheism is

6. Answers dat conflate religion with d existence of God's

And finally,
7. Ad hominem, direct threats and insults grin

I want to be proven wrong but unfortunately dis has been my experience with Christians. Like I said anyone who can answers dat question in a straight and honest matter will not only win my soul to Christ but will earn my highest respect.

You no dey dey for class wen we bin prove am?

Mr Proof and Mr Lawyer, you know the answer already but you just want use opportunity take bash and Prosecute us Followers of Christ and Lovers of God.

So make I give you the short cut answer since I don tire for today work and I Neva chop, so I no get power for long stupid argument in proof. Make you manage this one,

You Lawyers or ask your lawyer whether It is Not The Highest Law that 1) Nothing Comes out of Nothing!- Therefore Something comes out of Something.

2) it is the Highest Law that "You can not place a Thing on Nothing, and that Thing shall Stand!

It is your Law that the evidence of 2 is True. Make I go see wetin dey lockdown my wackees!
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by MightySparrow: 2:56pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tmach137:

Just because billions of people accross d globe believe in a god doesn't mean dat god exists. Billions of people also believe in Allah. why are u not a Muslim then? Many other gods besides the god of the Bible ave claimed creation as well. Y not believe in those??

In d ancient times, people accross the world believed d Earth was flat. Now they ave ALL been proven wrong.

U don't knw d difference between claims and evidence. Pls learn d difference. U are just making baseless claims. I'm not surprised tho. This is one of the types of responses I predicted:

"2. Answers dat display ignorance on what constitutes evidence for the existence of something"
the few atheists are more reasonable than the rest of us. that you don't believe a thing is choice and your disbelieve does not erase the existence of the thing. it does not exclude you from its influence either. Evidence: in the court of public opinion: like for existence of God; share for non- existence
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Liposure: 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2020
I believe god exist. Why? becos without him the world we live in wouldnt hav exist. 4 sometin 2 come into existence. There's definitely must be a cause and god is that cause. The bible even confirms it in gen 1:1. When it said n i quote, In the beginning god created the heavens n the earth. U see, The world neva created itself, god did
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Tmach137(m): 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You no dey dey for class wen we bin prove am?

Mr Proof and Mr Lawyer, you know the answer already but you just want use opportunity take bash and Prosecute us Followers of Christ and Lovers of God.

So make I give you the short cut answer since I don tire for today work and I Neva chop, so I no get power for long stupid argument in proof. Make you manage this one,

You Lawyers or ask your lawyer whether It is Not The Highest Law that 1) Nothing Comes out of Nothing!- Therefore Something comes out of Something.

2) it is the Highest Law that "You can not place a Thing on Nothing, and that Thing shall Stand!

It is your Law that the evidence of 2 is True. Make I go see wetin dey lockdown my wackees!

This is probably the most generic response any Christian would ave given to my question grin. Everything is just as expected. The smug ad hominem , the false sense of knowledge ,....

Y do u guys make claims only? Learn d difference abeg. a CLAIM and an EVIDENCE are NOT the same..

U said nothing cannot come from nothing abi? So tell me, what was d state of the universe when T was equals to zero? And pls show me how u arrived at dat knowledge. Present credible and testable evidence

As for ur number 2 "evidence". Pls expantatiate. Thank you
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Tmach137(m): 3:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
MightySparrow:
the few atheists are more reasonable than the rest of us. that you don't believe a thing is choice and your disbelieve does not erase the existence of the thing. it does not exclude you from its influence either. Evidence: in the court of public opinion: like for existence of God; share for non- existence
My guy pls go and find out waht evidence means. U re not saying anything.

that you don't believe in the Superman is choice and your disbelieve does not erase the existence of the Superman. it does not exclude u from it's influence either.

1 Like

Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 03, 2020
You are the wisest of them all, keep it up! cheesy
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by budaatum: 4:34pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tmach137:

How has dis justified ur God's existence?
How has this justified my God's existence to you, or to myself?

Did I start this thread and title it, "Let Me Justify the Existence of My God To You"

Please check and correct me and I shall sincerely apologise.
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Dtruthspeaker: 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tmach137:

This is probably the most generic response any Christian would ave given to my question grin. Everything is just as expected. The smug ad hominem , the false sense of knowledge ,....

grin Thank you- thank you-you-thank0thank you, you're too kind grin

Tmach137:

Y do u guys make claims only?

It's you who asked a question, we answered. Now you have carried the Goal Post away to say that we are the ones who made a claim when it is You who is challenging us with a Question and we have given you a Shoryuken Answer and you are now K.O on the Ground, cos you know your question is Dead Already grin

Tmach137:

Learn d difference abeg. a CLAIM and an EVIDENCE are NOT the same..

U said nothing cannot come from nothing abi? So tell me, what was d state of the universe when T was equals to zero? And pls show me how u arrived at dat knowledge. Present credible and testable evidence

As for ur number 2 "evidence". Pls expantatiate. Thank you

grin grin heeheeehee! I have answered you. This is not a reasonable question that comes out of the your question for now you commit the fallacy of the Presumptions grin for you are presuming that there is a universe (which is not the issue), there is T and there is "equals to zero". grin

This is another Issue and not the present issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by budaatum: 4:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

It's you who asked a question, we answered. Now you have carried the Goal Post away to say that we are the ones who made a claim when it is You who is challenging us with a Question and we have given you a Shoryuken Answer and you are now K.O on the Ground, cos you know your question is Dead Already grin
See us see trouble o! Its why I asked him if I started this thread!
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by MightySparrow: 5:09pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tmach137:

My guy pls go and find out waht evidence means. U re not saying anything.

that you don't believe in the Superman is choice and your disbelieve does not erase the existence of the Superman. it does not exclude u from it's influence either.
Tell me the meaning of evidence: you see electric bulb lit up in your house but deny there is a source - what evidence are you looking for? You mentioned science, I don't know your level the in knowledge of science - how many particle scientists have claimed to have seen an electron or even smaller particles (muons, bosons....) with most sophittiaated microscope. yet, they believe. those of us here in nigeria, some professors may not have seen one they yet believe. So can you deny the phone you are holding now because you can see an electron or understand its nature? Most of these celebrated scientists are believers: isaac newton, Michael Faraday, Albert Einstin etc.
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Tmach137(m): 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2020

As someone who has been asking these questions for years, im going to predict the kind of answers the Christians of this forum will give me

2. Answers dat display ignorance on what constitutes evidence for the existence of something

5. Answers dat reveal lack of understanding of who atheists are and what atheism is

And finally,
So far, predictions 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 have been fulfilled grin

Anyone else want to try? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Tmach137(m): 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Thank you- thank you-you-thank0thank you, you're too kind grin

My guy how far? Actually I agree with you. I ASKED a question. I challenged you. Dat is different from making a CLAIM. As to ur answer, I'm yet to see any semblance of reason in them.

grin grin heeheeehee! I have answered you. This is not a reasonable question that comes out of the your question for now you commit the fallacy of the Presumptions grin for you are presuming that there is a universe (which is not the issue), there is T and there is "equals to zero". grin

This is another Issue and not the present issue.
Are u tired already?
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tmach137:

does any of u have any credible, objective, verifiable, empirical evidence that your particular god (in this case, Yahweh) exists? Can dis evidence be accepted in a court of law or in a Science classroom in any secular university?

If any christian here can present such evidence, i will surely convert to Christianity and share my testimony here on nairaland with reference to the moniker dat won my soul.

And finally,

I want to be proven wrong but unfortunately dis has been my experience with Christians. Like I said anyone who can answers dat question in a straight and honest matter will not only win my soul to Christ but will earn my highest respect.

Of course there is evidence!

But are you ready to reason? smiley
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Vic2Ree(m): 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

This is quite vague. Can't you explain in more understandable fashion?
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Dtruthspeaker: 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tmach137:

My guy how far? Actually I agree with you. I ASKED a question. I challenged you. Dat is different from making a CLAIM. As to ur answer, I'm yet to see any semblance of reason in them.

Are u tired already?

Thank God that you have confessed that you Agree with me.

And after an Agreement, Striving Ceases! Case Closed!

Coooooourt! grin
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tmach137:
does any of u have any credible, objective, verifiable, empirical evidence that your particular god (in this case, Yahweh) exists?
Can dis evidence be accepted in a court of law or in a Science classroom in any secular university?

Why have you spent years asking this same question of OTHERS, rather than seeking out answers and truth for yourself? undecided
You know you will never trust the admission of others in this area, so why do you persist? undecided
What do you hope to achieve by creating thread after thread, year after year, asking the same inane question of others who you are all but certain are beneath you? undecided
What is your endgame here? undecided undecided
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Dtruthspeaker: 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
Vic2Ree:

This is quite vague. Can't you explain in more understandable fashion?

I can, but I won't cos it really is not your question, hence not your answer!
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Vic2Ree(m): 5:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I can, but I won't cos it really is not your question, hence not your answer!

WTF?
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by Tamaratonye5(f): 5:52pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tmach137, it shouldn't come as a surprise to you that the christians on this thread would prefer to clown around and make rubbish of a legitimate challenge, rather than face it head-on. Speaks volumes about their true perceptions about their beliefs.

Quite simply, whoever presents an assertion is required to support that assertion. A basic rule of proper discourse.

Not treating that assertion as true, in the absence of support of the purported truth of that assertion, does not involve the same requirement. Indeed, one of the basic rules of discourse that the mythology fanboys, like the christians present here, either fail to understand or frequently seek in duplicitous manner to violate in order to push their agenda, is that any assertion, when presented, possesses the status "truth value unknown" until that assertion is subjected to test. The assertion remains in that limbo until a proper test thereof is conducted.

Of course, mythology fanboys, like the christians present here, routinely misrepresent the rigorous atheist position with strawman caricatures thereof, because they have no answer to that rigorous position.

Expect more unbridled display of arrogance and cowardice from these christians.

3 Likes

Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by tintingz(m): 6:06pm On Jun 03, 2020
MightySparrow:

Argumentum ad populum fallacy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Superman has many fans therefore he exist.
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by tintingz(m): 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2020
budaatum:

Lol. The court didn't accept the existence of God but tolerates people's beliefs they hold very dearly, so you swear with what you believe in, you can swear with the constitution if you're non-theists.

As for the last paragraph, lol did he force you with knife?

2 Likes

Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by budaatum: 6:16pm On Jun 03, 2020
tintingz:

Lol. They didn't accept the existence of God but tolerates people's beliefs they hold very dearly, so you swear with what you believe in, you can swear with the constitution if you're non-theists.
So, basically, whether God exists is up to the swearer, right? After all, it's not like they force anyone to swear in court with God.

tintingz:
As for the last paragraph, lol did he force you with knife?
No, not with knife, and not that he can. But he does seem to have a sense of entitlement as if he is owed.
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by MightySparrow: 6:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
tintingz:

Argumentum ad populum fallacy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Superman has many fans therefore he exist.
Electron has many user and uses, it does not exist. theoretical nonsense and stupidity that doesn't hold water.
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by tintingz(m): 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2020
budaatum:

So, basically, whether God exists is up to the swearer, right? After all, it's not like they force anyone to swear in court with God.
Yes. They don't force people reason they ask for what you believe in, if you have no belief, you use the constitution. This just a systematic idea and protocol not empirical evidence for God. cheesy

No, not with knife, and not that he can. But he does seem to have a sense of entitlement as if he is owed.
How na? Did he drag you inside this thread and force you to answer?

1 Like

Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by tintingz(m): 6:25pm On Jun 03, 2020
MightySparrow:
Electron has many user and uses, it does not exist. theoretical nonsense and stupidity that doesn't hold water.

Your argument is weak, I just pointed out your fallacy(argumentum ad populum).

Because many people believe in something doesn't make it true.

Secondly, you know how the two major religions have many followers through conquests right?

Like I said using your own logic, Superman has many fans, then he must exist? Yes?

1 Like

Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by budaatum: 6:29pm On Jun 03, 2020
tintingz:
Yes. They don't force people reason they ask for what you believe in, if you have no belief, you use the constitution. This just a systematic idea and protocol not empirical evidence for God. cheesy

How na? Did he drag you inside this thread and force you to answer?
There is no empirical evidence for God, tingz, as I have told you repeatedly in the past. It is why God people believe in their God. If they had empirical evidence, they'd know instead of just believe.

And since you yourself are not dragging me inside this thread nor forcing me to answer you, I can very well ignore you when I wish to, though I shan't because I do not want to since it interests me that the op even bothers to be asked to be convinced.
Re: A Challenge To The Christians! by tintingz(m): 6:31pm On Jun 03, 2020
budaatum:

There is no empirical evidence for God, tingz, as I have told you repeatedly in the past. It is why God people believe in their God. If they had empirical evidence, they'd know instead of just believe.

And since you yourself are not dragging me inside this thread nor forcing me to answer you, I can very well ignore you when I wish to, though I shan't because I do not want to since it interests me that the op even bothers to be asked to be convinced.

Well, the OP asked for empirical evidence before he can be convinced Yahweh exist. Which is very valid.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did Jesus Tell His Disciples To Buy Sword? / Christianity And Polygamy / What Can Be Said To Be Definitely Known About Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.