Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,781 members, 7,810,036 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents (60748 Views)

UNICAL Publishes Names Of 638 Students Withdrawn From The Institution / Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen / How Do I Get Testimonial From A Secondary School I Did Not Finish From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Simeonjoe1: 6:13pm On Jun 03, 2020
Smartmed:
which school is this?
most schools i know dont throw u out immediately, instead you are given a chance to repeat 100level

No you won't be thrown out but you'll be asked to change to other department.
Most school don't repeat in 100l as it's the primedical year

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Stargurl20(f): 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2020
It's part of life challenges, bro. We'll stumble and fall. Please, make sure you don't keep this from your parents. Because it's better you told them now, than later. Plus, if you're truly passionate about the course and not being forced, endeavor to take another jamb and not give up on your passion so easily...

5 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Liposure: 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2020
hidhrhis:
Bro calm down
Drink a bottle of water or glass of milk
I don't drink alcohol that's why I said milk
Call your mum
Just say mum their is something I want to tell you
Then split the beans
I swear if u keep it from them I will help you list a 100 ways you will regret it
I cried and told my mom the first day I had sex though she was disappointed at least I got it out of my mind and since then I stopped
First and last time
So my brother do the right thing when everyone in this life condemn and neglect us in Our time of trouble we still have God and our parent to save us
They are your parent
Is not like you impregnated someone
foolish boy

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by UndauntedYOCA(f): 6:26pm On Jun 03, 2020
Please let them know as soon as possible, it'd be better than to deceive them and cause them headaches in the future. Failing doesn't make you a failure, giving up only does.
It's not the end of the world and I'm sure great things await you.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Jokerman(m): 6:29pm On Jun 03, 2020
What if God plans for you is not in the medical line??

Allow God lead

Call and tell your parents. Your Dad especially.

Remove fear and doubt from your mind

5 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by hidhrhis(m): 6:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
Liposure:
foolish boy
What did I do
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tell them straight away. I was in Pharmacy school once, made it to the Second year, then had to change department (after FAILING pharmacy school) to Zoology after that I was still withdrawn. I told my parents immediately, all hell broke loose, my dad threatened to stop my education. But today I'm a building engineer incase you have a building project call+2349063306141, +2347083571119(WhatsApp)

Anyway, the best bet is to tell them. Strike the iron while it is still hot.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Magormako: 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

I need your sincere advice.

Tell your parents. You will be surprised by their response. They want the best for you. Reapply, If you are still interested in pursuing your dream of being a MD.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:

my father Is an hypertensive patient I'm scared
You better walk up to to him like a man and tell him the truth. It's not like you committed murder or were rusticated due to cultism or exam malpractice.

I know when people withdraw frm medical school, they switch to another department. What are your plans, young man?

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Bluehill1051: 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
What about just dying?! You can die only once tho.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by optm(m): 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
This your story is quite unbelieveable. What school ? I doubt there's any course of study in d univ that throws a 100l student out for failing just one course .

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Raeheemwayne: 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2020
Sorry, I know how you feel.
I'd advice you tell ya parents now before thing get out of hand except you have another alternative but I'll still advice you tell them.
Take heart bruh.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Liposure: 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2020
hidhrhis:

What did I do
who calls his mom after having sex 4 the first time
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Mr2kul(m): 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2020
@Op, Just tell them the truth. Considering the fact that your CGPA is high, they will understand. Although they may be disappointed at first but they will still support you no matter what. Don't just hide it from them, it will only cause you more pains and regrets. And i hope you're not having a second thought of taking your life b'cause Suicide is never an option!!!..
Just summon courage and them what's on ground.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Zoe99(f): 7:24pm On Jun 03, 2020
I feel so sad for you.In my 1st year in medical school,we had a couple of students who were due to enter their 300 level in another department but they left and started with us as freshers.It's not too late.You can still rewrite JAMB and this time,work harder.

7 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Amotolongbo(f): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2020
eagleeye259:

Sagna112: Follow this advice and inform your parents ASAP. Think of the best time and way to inform them.

Amotolongbo: Great. Are you currently undertaking pupillage? Did you have to write some exams?
starting my pupillage soon after the PD program in FSS

Ya, every pupil surveyors have to write SURCON exam to be qualified as a Surveyor

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by sagna112(m): 7:31pm On Jun 03, 2020
Amotolongbo:
take some steps upward to read my edited post

I'm really grateful for your advice ma'am...
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by sagna112(m): 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
iyke926:

You better walk up to to him like a man and tell him the truth. It's not like you committed murder or were rusticated due to cultism or exam malpractice.

I know when people withdraw frm medical school, they switch to another department. What are your plans, young man?

I can't think straight for now sir.. until I inform my parent on what has happened

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by eagleeye259: 7:38pm On Jun 03, 2020
Amotolongbo:
starting my pupillage soon after the PD program in FSS

Ya, every pupil surveyors have to write SURCON exam to be qualified as a Surveyor

Great! My bachelor's degree is not in Surveying. I did my Master's degree in surveying but SURCON rejected my application for pupillage.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
Haba!
Thrown out on 100level

Which kain yeye school be this?

Why are they frustrating students?

6 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by qwertyboss(m): 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:

my father Is an hypertensive patient I'm scared
Not telling them will hurt them more....
Please stop wasting time, go ahead and tell them except if you are hiding something....
And it will eventually ruin your life if you keep it to yourself because you will never forget it ....
TELL them oh! Is not by force to be a doctor is by Faith...

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Amotolongbo(f): 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
eagleeye259:

Great! My bachelor's degree is not in Surveying. I did my Master's degree in surveying but SURCON rejected my application for pupillage.

If you had done PGD in Surveying, SURCON would have accepted it sir.

I guess you went straight to do MSc in Surveying without the PGD after your BSc?

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Smilingjuhn(m): 7:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
ODJ124:
Take heart bro. I feel your pains...
please ..inform your parents, but do it with wisdom.
wouldn't it be nice if you rewrite Jamb, use that free period after jamb and do some side hustles.

K
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by here: 7:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
My dear it isn’t so bad. I perfectly understand your fear. Where will the next funds come from. But clearly what I see here you’re alittle lazy as you need to make up your mind what your next plan is with life not just in the telling as your story didn’t cover that. When you tell them you have to be the one to tell them where you want to go from there and not expect them to think for you. You can finish the biological sciences work alittle and go back for direct entry for medicine but keep your gp high or you can rewrite jamb and pick any course of your choice. A senior back in the day succeeded and now a dr. But while you’re at it pick a skill even if it’s Barbing so when you’re in school you earn little for yourself and not rely on your parents fully. Children of this age need to understand the economy and snap that mentality parents must provide all. Goodluck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by 2cul2care: 7:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
the longer you withhold from telling them the more complicated it becomes

3 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by eagleeye259: 7:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
Amotolongbo:
If you had done PGD in Surveying, SURCON would have accepted it sir.

I guess you went straight to do MSc in Surveying without the PGD after your BSc?

It is well Madam. I'm already exploring other options. Yes, I didn't do a PGD before MSc.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Smilingjuhn(m): 7:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Amotolongbo(f): 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2020
eagleeye259:

It is well Madam. I'm already exploring other options. Yes, I didn't do a PGD before MSc.
That is where the problem lies jare.

Even the registration is almost only useful for cadastral.

If you are still interested in the registration, you can take the pain to do the PGD and go back for the SURCON exam.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:

I can't think straight for now sir.. until I inform my parent on what has happened
The earlier you do it, the better. I know you don't want to hurt them but not telling them will definitely hurt them more.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by eagleeye259: 7:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
Amotolongbo:
That is where the problem lies jare.

Even the registration is almost only useful for cadastral.

If you are still interested in the registration, you can take the pain to do the PGD and go back for the SURCON exam.

The reason I want to be a licensed surveyor is because I am interested in cadastral surveying.

I think it's too late for me to do a PGD at FSS or any other institution based on the path I'm following to achieve my license. I'm trying not to give out lots of details on a public forum because it will give away my identity to people who know me in real-life.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Tedpgrass: 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:

Are there any alternatives.. Change to another course such as Biochemistry, Physiology etc and/or use the GPA accrued to get into another pre-med programme.

If dad's hypertensive, keeping it quiet till you explore all options may be the best way.

Ask any of your senior colleagues for leads or links.. Sure there has to be a way of your 1st trimester was quite good and only failed this 1 course

Good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Smilingjuhn(m): 8:02pm On Jun 03, 2020
Young Man, I very much understand your plight. I was a victim too. I had to spend 9 years in the university just because I dropped out from medicine in 200 level coupled with strikes.
Just exactly the way your parents struggled to ensure u get the best, so also mine did. My mum is my confidant always. She very well believe in my abilities irrespective of challenges. I had to open up to her regarding the issue immediately I saw the result (not minding the consequence). Though, she was really shocked about it knowing very well I am a very intelligent child. She almost had B.P. I almost committed suicide considering my parents feeling, the fact that I will be looked at by my people at home as a failure, losing a year and starting all over in another department. What helped me where some of my good friends that knew me well. They were always around me to ensure I don't do anything stupid to myself. Also, my mum stood by me to keep encouraging me and made efforts to know what actually happened for me to fail. In all, I was told to put in for another medically related course which I did and completed but never had joy. I still wanted to go for medicine after NYSC. Tried admission in one of the best universities in Nigeria but due to regional differences, I could not go through with the admission. during that time, I was also pushing for MSc which eventually the school granted me and I completed it.

Guess what, I got my first job while rounding up my MSc. After about two years, I got a better one. Three years later I got the best job ever! Funny enough I earn more than what most of the doctors earn today (except those that have upgraded themselves).

NB-Most of the doctors of this era have to work in 2 or 3 private hospitals monthly to earn well. Some are still struggling to get jobs while some are planning to go to Canada.

Never let the mentality of having a degree in a particular profession make you feel you cant achieve greatness in life. No profession or course of study is useless. Just be determined to put in your best in whatever course you find yourself doing. You can drop your email address if you need me to guide you and give you detailed info on what you should do.

As for now, eat well, don't stay alone, share your worries with everyone you deem important and close to you. Call someone in your family that you trust to help you break the sad news in a way it wont cause complications to your mum or Dad's health. Call someone very good with words.

35 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE / Adekunke Ajasin University, Akungba (AAUA) 2015/2016 Admission Process. / Photo: A Teacher Punishing Some Students For Noise Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.