Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents (60893 Views)

UNICAL Publishes Names Of 638 Students Withdrawn From The Institution / Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen / How Do I Get Testimonial From A Secondary School I Did Not Finish From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by akpota(m): 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2020
Boss can u kindly drop ur digit or mail me johnbright197@gmail.com. I may need u to guide on issues.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by drmuri(m): 10:26pm On Jun 03, 2020
frozen70:

How come just a single course carry over you were advised to change course

Is that how it works ?
In Medicine yes. Especially in 100 level.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Decimus: 10:27pm On Jun 03, 2020
Smartmed:
which school is this?
most schools i know dont throw u out immediately, instead you are given a chance to repeat 100level
many schools are like that actually.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by MansoryMX(m): 10:28pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

I need your sincere advice.

Tell them bro. You stated you are brilliant academically. Work with that, the sky is your limit.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by frozen70(f): 10:30pm On Jun 03, 2020
ayoncox:
Beg your HOD for a repeat if it is possible.

Best option, but does it mean that you must not fail any course

Because I don't understand
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by bobluck: 10:30pm On Jun 03, 2020
None of us here can pretend to understand how you feel but the truth is that is really painful. I believe you would make the best decision from this momentarily setback, just look forward to better days. Talk to your parents.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by bahaushe1: 10:30pm On Jun 03, 2020
ayoncox:
Beg your HOD for a repeat if it is possible.

There is no repeat in 100l.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by jahlove4jah: 10:31pm On Jun 03, 2020
Enwhen:

The guy has not step on the gate of any university ....he is big liar...imagine , he failed Biology, and he was asked to change to biological science ....big lie
Just in desperation to make it to
the front page. He is the reason why matured men and women hardly gives sound advice to the young ones who really need it. Just imagine the sound advice given and then only to realize that be was just out to chase clout.

In his old post deleted, he claimed to be 19years and an SS. He also claimed to be studying Engineering in his Diary post also deleted. Just delete this handle because you can never be taken serious.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Mires: 10:31pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

So sorry. This must be Bio 152 in UNN

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by frozen70(f): 10:31pm On Jun 03, 2020
drmuri:

In Medicine yes. Especially in 100 level.

My gosh
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Olugbanko: 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2020
if change of institution is an option and you're willing to start allover plus foot the bills,DM me. But truth be told, it will be competitive and only the strongest survives
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:

TELL YOUR MOM THIS.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Olatlaccon(m): 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2020
Hmmmmmmm

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by vickybantin(m): 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2020
bro have seen very bright students been dropped...I repeated mb exam two times and I managed to scale tru...its not about been brilliant u have to tell them,go to the biological science and rewrite jamb while ure there if it's really medsin u want. it's really painful...I still regret going to med skul because I was also forced. 2 facts is I hate seeing blood it gives me goosebumps and I hate the smell of hospital...am now beginning to feel I wont use my degree.so if its medsin u want...retry...if it's not tell them and move on they are ur parents they wont kill u.....
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by bahaushe1: 10:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
Smartmed:
which school is this?
most schools i know dont throw u out immediately, instead you are given a chance to repeat 100level

No. Most medical schools don't allow repeat in 100l.

What I am however surprise at is getting withdrawn for failing a single course. Medical training is sessional, they grade SUBJECTS not COURSES. All biology courses are supposed to be added together and an average taken. If he has As in other biology courses they can compensate the 32% in the failed course.

If it were in BUK he would have been asked to resit the failed course. We allow resit in 100l but no repeat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by ogbpascal: 10:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tell your parents and tell them fast, try health sciences like Medical Radiography or Nursing or better still sit for jamb and P-UME. Good luck
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by 2kurupt(m): 10:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tell em and get it over with. At least to avoid causing any of your parents a heart attack in the future.

On the failure of your course just know that it's not the end of the world. Why did your HOD suggest Biological Sciences? If there's Pharmacy that should be a better alternative
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Esteemval(f): 10:46pm On Jun 03, 2020
Please don't do anything silly, just tell your parents about it, they'll understand but you'll hurt them. it happened to me in 100level, sometimes missing script causes it, that's why after writing exam you have to pray. I cried bitterly because my GPA reduced badly. Till now it still hurts, just change the course, who knows you might excel and even get a first class in your new course. Life is sucks sometimes
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by greypencils: 10:47pm On Jun 03, 2020
Amotolongbo:
@dear OP, Sagna112

I’m writing to you as someone who had passed through this kind of experience before. Mine was worse than yours. I will share the experience with you

Inform your parents on what is happening, they can’t beat or rebuke you

I was admitted to study pharmacy in 2006 at the great citadel, Obafemi Awolowo University. After my first session, I had 4 carryovers. Not as if I wasn’t serious or very dull, things just went in the way I didn’t understand.
I summoned courage and repeated the first year, taking only the 4 courses. I passed all and proceeded to 200level.
I repeated 200level and had to take all the courses again in my fourth year at the university. After the fourth year, I passed the courses though with resit in two courses. I promoted to 300level for the fifth year.
I repeated 300level and had to take all the courses in 300level in my 6th year at the university.

Finally, the worse came after my 6th year in OAU pharmacy school, it was a withdraw from the faculty of pharmacy to other faculty.
I wept and felt so bad as if that was the end of my life. Every thought in me had elements of suicide in it. But my parents were so aware, I called my mum who was at work immediately my course mate notified me of my fate. Dad had known earlier that day before me through one of our lecturers.

My parents stood by me and made sure I was happy and supported me financially, physically and spiritually until I was able to change my department to Geography in the faculty of Social Sciences.

I’m a Geography department graduate now and on a verge of being a registered Surveyor and I feel more happy and fulfilled than being a pharmacist

Being withdrawn from the medical school is not the end of life. There are billions of opportunities in other fields.

Please notify your parents now. They will know later, but they will feel more disappointed then than now.
Do I know you? You attended federal school of survey for your PPD?
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Amotolongbo(f): 10:50pm On Jun 03, 2020
greypencils:
Do I know you? You attended federal school of survey for your PPD?
you attended/attending the school?
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by greypencils: 10:50pm On Jun 03, 2020
Smartmed:
which school is this?
They throw you out of Medicine if you don't pass all Physics, Chemistry and Biology/zoology courses.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by greypencils: 10:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
Amotolongbo:
you attended/attending the school?
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Amotolongbo(f): 10:52pm On Jun 03, 2020
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Afamed: 10:53pm On Jun 03, 2020
bahaushe1:

No. Most medical schools don't allow repeat in 100l.

What I am however surprise at is getting withdrawn for failing a single course. Medical training is sessional, they grade SUBJECTS not COURSES. All biology courses are supposed to be added together and an average taken. If he has As in other biology courses they can compensate the 32% in the failed course.

If it were in BUK he would have been asked to resit the failed course. We allow resit in 100l but no repeat.
That boy is not close to any medical school in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:

Sorry dear,i think it's best you tell them or get someone else to help reveal to them,its not a good thing to keep it a secret as it will eventually cause more harm.Brace up and do the right thing.May God help you
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by greypencils: 10:55pm On Jun 03, 2020
Amotolongbo:
what year?
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Engrgreg231(m): 10:56pm On Jun 03, 2020
Try to tell them then register for another jamb period the did has been done
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
OP why did u delete ur previous topics? And all ur posts on those topics?

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by stanvesco(m): 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:

Do you mean you are being withdrawn because of one single carryover in 100l?
Chat me up on WhatsApp
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by heavensown: 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
@OP I can imagine your pain, shame and disappointment. I will advise you one thing - calm down. Succcess in life is not determined by a medical license. The world is a very big place full of plenty opportunities and if you work hard, remain focused and determined which it seems you are, you will be successful at WHATEVER YOU DO REGARDLESS OF WHATEVER COURSE YOU STUDIED. You have to tell your parents. It’s hard I know. They will be disappointed but they will support you as any loving parent would. Get their steer on whether they want you to try again or proceed with a new course. Good luck.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Damseldammie(f): 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
Please surmount your courage to tell your parents what happened, they would be disappointed though, But at the same time, they would be the one to profer solution either to change your course of study or to rewrite utme & post jamb which means you will have to sit up again... May God help you to attain your success
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by vincent7000(m): 10:58pm On Jun 03, 2020
Take heart bro, first move to the biology department or any other department since it's just a year and and rewrite jamb again to study medicine again it will be tough but you have to try and start saving for the fees . Telling your parent right now will demoralize them big time .if you can score 270 in your first sitting you can score 290 in your second ..don't give up on your dream bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

UNIUYO Post UTME Past Questions and Answers / Adooh Emmanuel Wins Covenant University In Court After Expulsion For "Having Sex / Akwa Ibom Pencils Used In American Schools (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.