Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents (60741 Views)

UNICAL Publishes Names Of 638 Students Withdrawn From The Institution / Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen / How Do I Get Testimonial From A Secondary School I Did Not Finish From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by JohnEagle96(m): 8:04pm On Jun 03, 2020
[quote author=Amotolongbo post=90278656]If you had done PGD in Surveying, SURCON would have accepted it sir.

I would like to know you more ma'am, I am a surveying and Geoinformatics student in OAU 200level

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by hidhrhis(m): 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2020
Liposure:
who calls his mom after having sex 4 the first time
Lols I was having bad dreams
And one pastor even say he saw some things about me
I even failed 3 courses that session
It was the fear that made me cry out
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Amotolongbo(f): 8:11pm On Jun 03, 2020
eagleeye259:

The reason I want to be a licensed surveyor is because I am interested in cadastral surveying.

I think it's too late for me to do a PGD at FSS or any other institution based on the path I'm following to achieve my license. I'm trying not to give out lots of details on a public forum because it will give away my identity to people who know me in real-life.
If you are really interested, it is never too late.

The best you can do is to go to a school like FUTA for the PGD. Hopefully, SURCON can register you for the pupillage with the PGD and MSc sir

FSS Oyo doesn’t offer PGD in Surveying and Geoinformatics but PD (Professional Diploma). They only offer PGD in GIS.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Amotolongbo(f): 8:16pm On Jun 03, 2020
[quote author=JohnEagle96 post=90279313][/quote]Eyin Omo Professor Kufoniyi.

Surveying and Geoinformatics is a new department in OAU now.
You are still fortunate bro

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tell them, continue and retake jamb

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by welturebotanical: 8:22pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

I need your sincere advice.

Sincere advise, take a deep breath, be happy, don't kill yourself please, don't tell your daddy now too, but tell him before school resumes and don't tell your uncle or aunty (they will always point their evil fingers at you, forgetting their children can't do better at this stage ur religious leaders will be better),your dad can't kill you.
Best thing I think is to change your dept to biological sciences, do some side jobs (tutorials or lessons), take jamb for next year(if u wish) and start afresh. And if u can't start afresh, continue with your biological sciences.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by NeloedehMBA(m): 8:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
The best advice is to talk to an uncle and your church pastor. Both of them will ask you to come home and they'll come to your house to break the news to your parents. I don't actually believe this is your fault. Obviously you're very brilliant and you'll make it in life. Medicine is not the only way to become successful in life.
Nelo
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by iceboy4752(m): 8:32pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

Did you register for another UTME this year?

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by eagleeye259: 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
Amotolongbo:
If you are really interested, it is never too late.

The best you can do is to go to a school like FUTA for the PGD. Hopefully, SURCON can register you for the pupillage with the PGD and MSc sir

FSS Oyo doesn’t offer PGD in Surveying and Geoinformatics but PD (Professional Diploma). They only offer PGD in GIS.

Believe you me Madam, it's already too late for me.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Froshchuksswart(m): 8:48pm On Jun 03, 2020
Smartmed:
which school is this?
most schools i know dont throw u out immediately, instead you are given a chance to repeat 100level

UNILAG don't give second chance, some give like my school UNN

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 03, 2020
optm:
This your story is quite unbelieveable. What school ? I doubt there's any course of study in d univ that throws a 100l student out for failing just one course .
Uniben does. One F and you're out.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Mawex(m): 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2020
I feel your pain, so sorry you've to go through this, life isn't just a one moment thing, we've other moments to celebrate.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Correcto: 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2020
Start all over again. It is not late. Remember to tell your parents too.
sagna112:

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by tunary(m): 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2020
hmmm. last last they will still get to know, so the best thing to do is to let them no on time, the earlier the better
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Bar1941(m): 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2020
angry
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by omonnakoda: 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2020
100 level?

Truth is you were never in medical school.

Is 100 level even part of University?

8 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Fuckingmallam45(m): 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2020
One of the things my youthful heart has learned that I know will serve me untill date permits my existence no longer is that...
In the end of the journey, the person who wins is not the one having the highest ( I Q ). But the winner is the one who is the fittest among all, with respect to Heath, Mental ability and Emotional persistence.
O P, tell your parents, nothing is learned too late for a person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Abusadiq01(m): 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2020
Hardluck man... Take heart and man up!!!
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by chiefolododo(m): 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2020
Eyah
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by tfash96(m): 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
U better go join Amotekun
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Caleb17: 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tell them bro. They value your life as the only child more than medicine. They may feel so angered at first but them go dey alright..

3 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Victornezzar: 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2020
othermen:
Don't tell your parent anything. Or you want to kill them too? Pretend as though you are still in school, collect money for books, get your school fee by yourself; use the money to drink and have all the fun you can, take drugs, just have fun. Never make the mistake of writing another Jamb or reapplying. Who studies biological science? You are far beyond that. In the next three years, go to wherever in Lagos and get a university MBBS certificate. Travel to the north, you will get a job. Pay your tithe. You will be forgiven for those that die in your care. It is their time_ right? The best Sir--+ and don't forget to hide or delete the diary where you said you are studying engineering. May you get the attention that you seek.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2020
Amotolongbo:
@dear OP, Sagna112

I’m writing to you as someone who had passed through this kind of experience before. Mine was worse than yours. I will share the experience with you

Inform your parents on what is happening, they can’t beat or rebuke you

I was admitted to study pharmacy in 2006 at the great citadel, Obafemi Awolowo University. After my first session, I had 4 carryovers. Not as if I wasn’t serious or very dull, things just went in the way I didn’t understand.
I summoned courage and repeated the first year, taking only the 4 courses. I passed all and proceeded to 200level.
I repeated 200level and had to take all the courses again in my fourth year at the university. After the fourth year, I passed the courses though with resit in two courses. I promoted to 300level for the fifth year.
I repeated 300level and had to take all the courses in 300level in my 6th year at the university.

Finally, the worse came after my 6th year in OAU pharmacy school, it was a withdraw from the faculty of pharmacy to other faculty.
I wept and felt so bad as if that was the end of my life. Every thought in me had elements of suicide in it. But my parents were so aware, I called my mum who was at work immediately my course mate notified me of my fate. Dad had known earlier that day before me through one of our lecturers.

My parents stood by me and made sure I was happy and supported me financially, physically and spiritually until I was able to change my department to Geography in the faculty of Social Sciences.

I’m a Geography department graduate now and on a verge of being a registered Surveyor and I feel more happy and fulfilled than being a pharmacist

Being withdrawn from the medical school is not the end of life. There are billions of opportunities in other fields.

Please notify your parents now. They will know later, but they will feel more disappointed then than now.
you're strong girl.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Divay22(f): 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
Personal text: Dreams must be fulfilled

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by ElRapido: 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
Period007:
U cannot be withdrawn after spending just a year and failing just one course.
I don't believe this ur story yet

I tired o. Person wey fail MBBS 1 for here self na repeat him do. Ordinary 100L, which kind mumu school

3 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Sagay212: 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
Wrong thread
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by juman(m): 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2020
God knows the best.
God has better plan for you.
Inform your parents and face your new course squarely.
Success is yours.

I tell you some of your mates in medical class, by the time they are graduating you also may be finishing your Phd in your new course.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by FlordFlorez(m): 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2020
100level with one carryover? I thought it would be a repeat. Which school if i may ask?
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by ofemigeorge(m): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2020
The only advise i will give you is that your life ...your wonderful life is channeled towards your new course line. many people are waiting for you along that part, they need you. even your wife is through that path you would met her. and many other beautiful things.

i just want you to do something for me, one, choose the most important money making job absorbing area of that department, so now that your future is set for greatness,then you do one final thing and that is be angery for success, and come out of that school school, being the best graduating student, join associations that will challenge you ,be the president or vice president or anything, in church make your self useful, but most of all come out with a first class. then you will see that you would never regret, maybe feel sad a little but, your will be in better position than the doctor you were channeling before. mark my word.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by NwaIgboBoy(m): 9:03pm On Jun 03, 2020
ok now tell them u are now a cultist. trust me they will fly u abroad over night..

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Martinez39s(m): 9:03pm On Jun 03, 2020
@sagna112

Now is not the time to be despondent. You are still young with a lot of time ahead of you. Change your course to the best option available, and take that course seriously. As you are studying that new course, put considerable effort into reapplying for MBBS. I would advise you to inform your parents as soon as possible. Don't waste time feeling down, start taking action NOW. Forget the fact that you were brilliant in secondary school. You might be so concerned that your mates are ahead of you, but in some years time, it wouldn't really matter. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 03, 2020
MrEgghead:
UNIBEN before now threw students out with one F.
My 100L was a bit tense...

Which period Sir/Ma?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Adekunke Ajasin University, Akungba (AAUA) 2015/2016 Admission Process. / WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE / Ondo SUBEB To Pay N290,470 As Annual Salary To A Degree Holder On Grade Level 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.