Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) (89836 Views)

The Story Of Stella 18+ / Prisoner Of Love: The Story / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by HIbreed(m): 2:08am On Jun 05, 2020
Ekemeze:

Since I don't believe, it doesn't and didn't exist "in my world". It's a myth.
you believe in white man tales and their god jehova right, interesting.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by joepepsy(m): 2:40am On Jun 05, 2020
See the passion you put in expressing foreign
culture but if you hear SANGO or AMADIOHA you will shout Holy Ghost fire.Africans SMH.
engrchykae:
yes you decided the message.
Athena couldn't curse a member of the top three Olympians, Poseidon,so she cowardly cursed a mortal, innocent girl.
Anyway Medusa had her revenge on the gods when her head was used to destroy the Kraken,the son of Hades whom the Olympians have been using to instil fear on humans.
The death of the Kraken, enlightenment and advance of science,ushered in the end of the rule of the Olympians and the beginning of the age of Man.
Myths are highly coded Truth
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by DeAlphaMale(m): 3:42am On Jun 05, 2020
What did u expected Athena to do to poisedon... He will literally drown her with all her wisdom together

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Juliearth(f): 4:13am On Jun 05, 2020
boman2014:
Bumped into this. A good read
Who knows the story of Medusa? Yes that ugly lady with the hair of snakes. The Gorgon who men dared not look at else they turn to stone. Do you know her real story?! Well I'll tell you!

When I was in school, I was given a project titled Myths and Legends. Well naturally I settled for Greek mythology and Medusa hit my interest.

I always thought she was evil and all but this is
the true story.

So Medusa was the most beautiful girl in her town. Her hair shone like gold. All men wanted her but she never gave in. She caught the eye of Poseidon the god of the sea and didn't give him the time of day. Well what did he do? He raped Medusa in Athena's temple. Athena was the goddess of wisdom and war.

Now the sad part was Athena was so enraged by what had happened that she cursed Medusa. Not the man who raped her no! Cursed the poor girl who was raped. Turned her into a creature that no man would ever look at again without dying and turned her beautiful hair into snakes.

Now some have claimed that Athena cursed Medusa to protect her but in all my research and even the writings of the poet, the story was consistent.

When I found out the truth behind Medusa, I changed my project and turned it into a tribute called 'Misunderstood'. I recreated her tombstone, changed her garments and created a pendant with her face on it.

Needless to say that was my best project in school and it was on display.

Now to bring it home. Isn't that what happens these days? Both here and abroad? A girl is raped and instead of going for her attackers, you blame her and slut-shame her. Claim she brought it on herald?

When you think of Medusa you think of an ugly Gorgon.

When I think of Medusa I think of a beautiful lonely girl the world failed. Just as the world is failing women today.

... Copied...

# Medusa_Myths_And_Legends # Misunderstood
# TheRealStory # TheUntoldStory
# Greek_Mythology
# JusticeForTheRaped
# PurnishTheRapist
⁣ # Justice_for Vera Uwaila Omozuwa
# 100LevelUG_Student UNIBEN

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157903307433937&id=297115308936&refid=28&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=qid.6834261561869383480%3Amf_story_key.5261119954281034284%3Atop_level_post_id.10157903307433937%3Acontent_owner_id_new.297115308936%3Apage_id.297115308936%3Asrc.22%3Aphoto_id.10157903307358937%3Astory_location.5%3Astory_attachment_style.photo%3Aview_time.1591225518%3Afilter.h_nor%3Atds_flgs.3%3Apage_insights.%7B%22297115308936%22%3A%7B%22page_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22page_id_type%22%3A%22page%22%2C%22actor_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22dm%22%3A%7B%22isShare%22%3A0%2C%22originalPostOwnerID%22%3A0%7D%2C%22psn%22%3A%22EntStatusCreationStory%22%2C%22post_context%22%3A%7B%22object_fbtype%22%3A266%2C%22publish_time%22%3A1591108564%2C%22story_name%22%3A%22EntStatusCreationStory%22%2C%22story_fbid%22%3A%5B10157903307433937%5D%7D%2C%22role%22%3A1%2C%22sl%22%3A5%2C%22targets%22%3A%5B%7B%22actor_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22page_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22post_id%22%3A10157903307433937%2C%22role%22%3A1%2C%22share_id%22%3A0%7D%5D%7D%7D&__tn__=%2As-R

Medusa was a typical example of hell having no fury like a scorned woman. She was just a sweet little girl, until she was raped and then cursed. Now, I would like to relate this to the cases of rape that seems to be on the rise these days. It is enough stigma that a lady has to go through rape, but pinning the blame on her would only bring out the Medusa in her. Let us learn to judge rightly and objectively.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Juliearth(f): 4:15am On Jun 05, 2020
engrchykae:
Athena couldn't curse a member of the top three Olympians, Poseidon,so she cowardly cursed a mortal, innocent girl.
Anyway Medusa had her revenge on the gods when her head was used to destroy the Kraken,the son of Hades whom the Olympians have been using to instil fear on humans.
The death of the Kraken, enlightenment and advance of science,ushered in the end of the rule of the Olympians and the beginning of the age of Man.

Talking about revenge being served cold.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Darevofpeace(m): 4:31am On Jun 05, 2020
jacquincy:
Kinda touching story, how i wish i knew this earlier, i wouldnt have killed her in the god of war game embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Please take some flowers everyday to her grave. Thank you!
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Ugaboy: 5:03am On Jun 05, 2020
Reex12:
yh ur right it was, too bad sha
...such is life
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Ugaboy: 5:05am On Jun 05, 2020
Kyase:
And those idiots cancelled that show
it was complicated, d writer of movie n diretor got confused
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by EricSmallz(m): 5:21am On Jun 05, 2020
sunshineV:
Same people that won't believe this will believe Jesus walked on water
Fool, that's what you are. How does believing this and not believing that make you any better than people who hold contrary opinions?
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by TheBoy1740: 5:27am On Jun 05, 2020
While this story fits the rape narrative, you should also know that Athena can be filled with hate and jealousy at women especially, cursing them at will. You should read the story of Arachne.
Athena cursed and turned her into a spider just because she beat her at a weaving contest.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by blackjack21(m): 5:35am On Jun 05, 2020
engrchykae:

It's not like she gave her head willingly.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by poweredcom(m): 6:03am On Jun 05, 2020
Inyikalum:

I dnt have to be there to knw, and no one brainwashed me, I believe in wuh I knw, and what I believe to be true,. You mister, believe in nothing,
life z not all da meets the eye, its more supernatural than natural. U dnt knw, and u wil never knw, until u stop being an infidel.
They ain't real? Who sprayed the gospel? Jesus himself?

So now you are still also believing the gospel of jesus that have nothin to do with you as an African that a big shame to we africans ..
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Heineken(m): 6:05am On Jun 05, 2020
jacquincy:
Kinda touching story, how i wish i knew this earlier, i wouldnt have killed her in the god of war game embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
lol funny boss.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Enoch07: 6:20am On Jun 05, 2020
skyfather09:
God of war comes to mind
I'm telling you!!
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by rufhus1: 6:22am On Jun 05, 2020
Ugaboy:
I encounter madusa in "ATLATIS" she was loved by herculis d fat man who claim to be skillful and powerful during his time of war, she was friend to herculis, jason and pathogoras
wen she was cursed by the gods, the youth in village, draw out technical plans to kill her without looking into her face or head, due to course many has turn into stone by just a glance. When she heard the plot for death. she when to hid her self in a mountain
...jason, pathogoras and herculis, went in search, but herculis was ahead of em and found her, as instructed by socerer,he can only look into the face or head with use of MIRROR...she gave him her last went away for life

i wanted to know why no one can save her from the course, since she didnt bring wrath upon herself?
You are very correct.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by obynocash(m): 6:26am On Jun 05, 2020
Jacquincy you are very funny,
You won't have killed her in your God of war game, Remember she was very tough, Medusa is very beautiful true, that was a nice update of record to keep, Thanks

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by bolinjkezzy(m): 6:31am On Jun 05, 2020
Ugaboy:
I encounter madusa in "ATLATIS" she was loved by herculis d fat man who claim to be skillful and powerful during his time of war, she was friend to herculis, jason and pathogoras
wen she was cursed by the gods, the youth in village, draw out technical plans to kill her without looking into her face or head, due to course many has turn into stone by just a glance. When she heard the plot for death. she when to hid her self in a mountain
...jason, pathogoras and herculis, went in search, but herculis was ahead of em and found her, as instructed by socerer,he can only look into the face or head with use of MIRROR...she gave him her last went away for life

i wanted to know why no one can save her from the course, since she didnt bring wrath upon herself?
Guy abeg, which season that Atlantis stop
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Bestinstinct(m): 6:35am On Jun 05, 2020
sunshineV:
Too much sense will not kill you o cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by bamite(m): 6:38am On Jun 05, 2020
sunshineV:

You're gay. FOH
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Rockyrascal(m): 6:48am On Jun 05, 2020
illicit:
Versace Versace
medusa head on me like I'm Illuminati cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 05, 2020
Tale bearers
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 05, 2020
poweredcom:

So now you are still also believing the gospel of jesus that have nothin to do with you as an African that a big shame to we africans ..
So as a gentile I shouldn't be saved?? Maybe as an African ah should continue serving and worshipping trees and idols that's crafted by our hands? Do u serve what's below u or above u? Well I chose to worship whom I chose to worship, u mister, should probably face urs
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Spandy(m): 6:58am On Jun 05, 2020
Medusa, I heard that name last far back in the 80's in a film "the clash of the titans". Very explicit write-ups you have got!
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 05, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

That's your fûcking headache.
Same Jesus the Jews (his people) don't believe in till date!
Are you smarter or better than them?
Exactly its my headache, dunno y u r d one feeling the pain
Lol, its not about being better or smarter, its called grace and mercy. If u dnt believe its not by force, I believe we have right to believe whatever we wnt to
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by israelmao(m): 7:03am On Jun 05, 2020
The culprits are glorified while victims are crucified.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 05, 2020
kingxsamz:

No, you believe because your mom and dad told you that while growing up.

So as an adult, u believe I'm still looking up to my parents or under em that I can't make decisions for myself?? I've seen life, bad things, read things, did worst, does it mean my parents never told me not to do those things?
It quite sad tho, we end up forsaken the truth jst Cus we cnt do it
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Therapyken(m): 7:11am On Jun 05, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
Damnn niggarrr!

I watched "clash of the titans"(1981) but didn't understand much about medusa till i watched "clash of the titans"(2010) before i could decipher what really transpired between Athena, Medusa and Pesaidon.
What I understood in this whole thing is that, Athena could not curse a god rather, vent her anger on a poor mortal,
and it's a crime to be beautiful, even now and then.
Clash of the Titans 1981, the words of the character Alman the poet and playwright: ..."she made love in temple of Aphrodite, the goddess became so jealous that she punished Medusa"
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 05, 2020
kingxsamz:

You're a clown.
You said there are solid proofs of the events in the bible, and I have given you series of events, and asked you to prove them, and you're referring me to the same bible that contains these stories? undecided

Since you have read history... Give me verifiable information on history which will back up those events in the bible I pointed out. undecided
Where's the series of event u gave and which event did u point out??
I dnt care bout what u believe or not believe,wuh do u care for in others beliefs u looking for proof? Need sources? U jst cnt have em, its won't be revealed to u, u r an infidel, and the gospel of Christ is not for pagan worshippers
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Therapyken(m): 7:14am On Jun 05, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
Damnn niggarrr!

I watched "clash of the titans"(1981) but didn't understand much about medusa till i watched "clash of the titans"(2010) before i could decipher what really transpired between Athena, Medusa and Pesaidon.
What I understood in this whole thing is that, Athena could not curse a god rather, vent her anger on a poor mortal,
and it's a crime to be beautiful, even now and then.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:14am On Jun 05, 2020
Binikingdowm:
I love these Greek mythology
Me too.
I enjoy reading them ehn.
I got my monicker from the mythological Amazons in Greek mythology cheesy
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nerro042: 7:14am On Jun 05, 2020
Athena could not punish poseidon because he was her uncle and basically was more powerful than her. All she could do was punish medusa who was human. Sad but the Greek gods were dicks anyways.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / Last Gang Standing (Crime) / Witches And Wizards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.