Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) (89911 Views)

The Story Of Stella 18+ / Prisoner Of Love: The Story / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by blowjohn(m): 11:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
Nas Lyrics
"It Ain't Hard To Tell"

It ain't hard to tell, I excel, then prevail
The mic is contacted, I attract clientele
My mic check is life or death, breathin a sniper's breath
I exhale the yellow smoke of buddha through righteous steps
Deep like The Shinin', sparkle like a diamond
Sneak a uzi on the island in my army jacket linin
Hit the Earth like a comet, invasion
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin
Cause in my physical, I can express through song
Delete stress like Motrin, then extend strong
I drank Moet with MEDUSA, give her shotguns in hell
From the spliff that I lift and inhale, it ain't hard to tell

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
Ardar:
I just love Greek and Norse mythology.

For those of you who are obsessed with the story of Medusa, this is a fan made short film of Medusa on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6z3KaHZh2o
I once saw this CGI i was just convince who the real villain is because she has already being painted black by all film makers
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by witnezHD(m): 11:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
Zither:
Stop The Rape: #justiceformedusa grin
you don start another one

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
Nairaland forum should respect this guy he is grand pa already
I loved that movie
IME1:
Na them them see them, they just dey sit around dey talk human matter

Na the matter we still dey settle now cheesy grin

So na this man for the last pic be Poseidon

Modified
Whatever the argument is about up there just know that JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD, THE ONE LORD GOD CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE, THE WORLD, HUMANS AND ALL POWERS, PRINCIPALITIES, RULERS, gODS

And I believe in Jesus Christ and profess Him as my Lord and Saviour
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Kyase(m): 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
Ugaboy:
I encounter madusa in "ATLATIS" she was loved by herculis d fat man who claim to be skillful and powerful during his time of war, she was friend to herculis, jason and pathogoras
wen she was cursed by the gods, the youth in village, draw out technical plans to kill her without looking into her face or head, due to course many has turn into stone by just a glance. When she heard the plot for death. she when to hid her self in a mountain
...jason, pathogoras and herculis, went in search, but herculis was ahead of em and found her, as instructed by socerer,he can only look into the face or head with use of MIRROR...she gave him her last went away for life

i wanted to know why no one can save her from the course, since she didnt bring wrath upon herself?
And those idiots cancelled that show
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Adasun(m): 11:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lo told all dis strory to perseus in clash of the titans na.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by oba4ever: 11:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

Keep fooling yourselves.
Just because you believed in it doesn't stop it from being a mere myth!

Where is your prove?
Every one is on a journey of discovery and we keep discovering ourselves at different points. I have my own story which may not appeal to you. We keep learning. Knowledge is infinite but man is not. What is known to us cannot be compared to what is yet unknown. Science keep churning out knowledge everyday so it is good to provoke it.The only prove of the Greek mythology is also in literature. There are scientific publications on the internet of the prove that the serpent used to be on four legs but am yet to see more materials on it. You can as well search YouTube on the discovery of the resting point of Noah's ark somewhere in present day Turkey in the 1960s. It might interest you.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by oluwafemiboye1: 11:39pm On Jun 04, 2020
una to dey carry foreign things for head. See as una sabi about greek mythology and deities.. and .. If na your African deities, orisha, and hero now.. una go dey see ahm as evil.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nmezor(f): 11:49pm On Jun 04, 2020
Pretty kool,thanks for sharing OP
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by ianq: 11:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
jacquincy:

Would have just broken the c.d and move on

One of the most epic comebacks ive read in recent times. Well done, young sir. Im applauding.

4 Likes

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Reex12(m): 12:00am On Jun 05, 2020
Ugaboy:
it was was her destiny
yh ur right it was, too bad sha
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by dewuyiebun: 12:03am On Jun 05, 2020
Don't let that story mislead you,it's obvious you haven't heard the story of an occultic lady who said make up,nails fixing and artificial hair was created by Medusa, I don't wanna talk too much,do you ever wonder why designer Versace used Medusa head as their logo?this world is deeper than we could imagine

2 Likes

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by omonnakoda: 12:12am On Jun 05, 2020
Story done finish for Africa?
Remember being forced to react this ,Icarus and other foreign stories as a child.
Much of that stuff only serves to strip us of our identity and gives us a need for external validation
So much so many believe we have no stories.

How many of the stories of your own people do you know.?
Many,many better stories.
Have you heard the story of Monamona, Alu Jon jon ki jon
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Tofchen(m): 12:13am On Jun 05, 2020
This whole story is a farce. Medusa was never raped, she was one of the 3 Gorgons.
The Gorgon sisters were Sthenno, Euryale, and Medusa; Medusa was mortal while her sisters were immortal.

Beyond the Gorgon's birth, there is little mention of the Gorgons as a group, but Medusa has several myths about her life and death.
Medusa according to Greek mythology, was born like this.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by omonnakoda: 12:13am On Jun 05, 2020
dewuyiebun:
Don't let that story mislead you,it's obvious you haven't heard the story of an occultic lady who said make up,nails fixing and artificial hair was created by Medusa, I don't wanna talk too much,do you ever wonder why designer Versace used Medusa head as their logo?this world is deeper than we could imagine
What is your point?
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Wettoid123: 12:21am On Jun 05, 2020
sunshineV:
Same people that won't believe this will believe Jesus walked on water

where did you come from I believe one of those fanatics moslem yet you cannot use the name Mohammed any how any attempt the next thing is jihad,nonsense!
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by ChrisLegacy007: 12:21am On Jun 05, 2020
sad events like Medusa's is one of the many reasons i don't fancy Greek mythology.. another is the fact that it promoted promiscuity( usin' Zeus as a case study)..

the owner of VERSACE did well to immortalize Medusa.. lol
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by dewuyiebun: 12:27am On Jun 05, 2020
omonnakoda:

What is your point?
my point is there's nothing good about Medusa,the story is a hoax, Google funmilayo in the occultic world and get some clear picture about this complicated world
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by julimaxy: 12:30am On Jun 05, 2020
boman2014:
Bumped into this. A good read
Who knows the story of Medusa? Yes that ugly lady with the hair of snakes. The Gorgon who men dared not look at else they turn to stone. Do you know her real story?! Well I'll tell you!

When I was in school, I was given a project titled Myths and Legends. Well naturally I settled for Greek mythology and Medusa hit my interest.

I always thought she was evil and all but this is
the true story.

So Medusa was the most beautiful girl in her town. Her hair shone like gold. All men wanted her but she never gave in. She caught the eye of Poseidon the god of the sea and didn't give him the time of day. Well what did he do? He raped Medusa in Athena's temple. Athena was the goddess of wisdom and war.

Now the sad part was Athena was so enraged by what had happened that she cursed Medusa. Not the man who raped her no! Cursed the poor girl who was raped. Turned her into a creature that no man would ever look at again without dying and turned her beautiful hair into snakes.

Now some have claimed that Athena cursed Medusa to protect her but in all my research and even the writings of the poet, the story was consistent.

When I found out the truth behind Medusa, I changed my project and turned it into a tribute called 'Misunderstood'. I recreated her tombstone, changed her garments and created a pendant with her face on it.

Needless to say that was my best project in school and it was on display.

Now to bring it home. Isn't that what happens these days? Both here and abroad? A girl is raped and instead of going for her attackers, you blame her and slut-shame her. Claim she brought it on herald?

When you think of Medusa you think of an ugly Gorgon.

When I think of Medusa I think of a beautiful lonely girl the world failed. Just as the world is failing women today.

... Copied...

# Medusa_Myths_And_Legends # Misunderstood
# TheRealStory # TheUntoldStory
# Greek_Mythology
# JusticeForTheRaped
# PurnishTheRapist
⁣ # Justice_for Vera Uwaila Omozuwa
# 100LevelUG_Student UNIBEN

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157903307433937&id=297115308936&refid=28&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=qid.6834261561869383480%3Amf_story_key.5261119954281034284%3Atop_level_post_id.10157903307433937%3Acontent_owner_id_new.297115308936%3Apage_id.297115308936%3Asrc.22%3Aphoto_id.10157903307358937%3Astory_location.5%3Astory_attachment_style.photo%3Aview_time.1591225518%3Afilter.h_nor%3Atds_flgs.3%3Apage_insights.%7B%22297115308936%22%3A%7B%22page_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22page_id_type%22%3A%22page%22%2C%22actor_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22dm%22%3A%7B%22isShare%22%3A0%2C%22originalPostOwnerID%22%3A0%7D%2C%22psn%22%3A%22EntStatusCreationStory%22%2C%22post_context%22%3A%7B%22object_fbtype%22%3A266%2C%22publish_time%22%3A1591108564%2C%22story_name%22%3A%22EntStatusCreationStory%22%2C%22story_fbid%22%3A%5B10157903307433937%5D%7D%2C%22role%22%3A1%2C%22sl%22%3A5%2C%22targets%22%3A%5B%7B%22actor_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22page_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22post_id%22%3A10157903307433937%2C%22role%22%3A1%2C%22share_id%22%3A0%7D%5D%7D%7D&__tn__=%2As-R

You picked this piece from Quora; You can't just type "copied".

Please can you add the source and the writer's name.

Thanks
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Slimdaddy2: 12:33am On Jun 05, 2020
Clash of the titans
engrchykae:
yes you decided the message.
Athena couldn't curse a member of the top three Olympians, Poseidon,so she cowardly cursed a mortal, innocent girl.
Anyway Medusa had her revenge on the gods when her head was used to destroy the Kraken,the son of Hades whom the Olympians have been using to instil fear on humans.
The death of the Kraken, enlightenment and advance of science,ushered in the end of the rule of the Olympians and the beginning of the age of Man.
Myths are highly coded Truth
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Jerrite(m): 12:41am On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=Harry00 post=90317621][/quote]
He did, according to the legends, she gave birth to Pegasus and a guy covered with gold (can't remember the Greek name)
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by omonnakoda: 12:50am On Jun 05, 2020
dewuyiebun:
my point is there's nothing good about Medusa,the story is a hoax, Google funmilayo in the occultic world and get some clear picture about this complicated world
Do you know the meaning of hoax?

stories are not good of bad .
They are just stories.
With superficial and deeper messages
I asked you your point and you are asking me to Google
Can't you Express your point?
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by omonnakoda: 12:51am On Jun 05, 2020
ChrisLegacy007:
sad events like Medusa's is one of the many reasons i don't fancy Greek mythology.. another is the fact that it promoted promiscuity( usin' Zeus as a case study)..

the owner of VERSACE did well to immortalize Medusa.. lol

What about the bible ?
It is full of even sadder events
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by ChrisLegacy007: 1:00am On Jun 05, 2020
omonnakoda:
What about the bible ? It is full of even sadder events
i fancy Greek mythology more than the Bible though
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by alexola20(m): 1:04am On Jun 05, 2020
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by femmyapson(m): 1:24am On Jun 05, 2020
merahki:

Just to put a “positive, saved/believing” spin to it eh? cheesy
U dont know waris going on
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by femmyapson(m): 1:24am On Jun 05, 2020
kingxsamz:

angry
its d truth na
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Martahi: 1:49am On Jun 05, 2020
Texman21:
From what i know Poseidon was in love with athena and when Medusa joined the temple Poseidon had his eyes on her.after doing the deed Athena turned Medusa into a gorgon because of jealousy and anger.
You mean am? Oh you know and you never tell us since?
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Savagethe21st(m): 1:51am On Jun 05, 2020
Ghostrye:
There is a reason I'm enamored with Greek mythology, It is still the best written, historically backed myth. Sometimes I can almost think it is real, Homer did a great job.

Aren't all myths 'historically' backed?
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by gowonmaharajah(m): 1:54am On Jun 05, 2020
PlayerMeji:
Op stole the content from opera news...cos I read this story on OPERA NEWS yesterday.

he never said he was the real owner. of the intellectual work
didn't u see copied at the end of the thing?
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by adebaks(m): 1:56am On Jun 05, 2020
boman2014:
Bumped into this. A good read
Who knows the story of Medusa? Yes that ugly lady with the hair of snakes. The Gorgon who men dared not look at else they turn to stone. Do you know her real story?! Well I'll tell you!

When I was in school, I was given a project titled Myths and Legends. Well naturally I settled for Greek mythology and Medusa hit my interest.

I always thought she was evil and all but this is
the true story.

So Medusa was the most beautiful girl in her town. Her hair shone like gold. All men wanted her but she never gave in. She caught the eye of Poseidon the god of the sea and didn't give him the time of day. Well what did he do? He raped Medusa in Athena's temple. Athena was the goddess of wisdom and war.

Now the sad part was Athena was so enraged by what had happened that she cursed Medusa. Not the man who raped her no! Cursed the poor girl who was raped. Turned her into a creature that no man would ever look at again without dying and turned her beautiful hair into snakes.

Now some have claimed that Athena cursed Medusa to protect her but in all my research and even the writings of the poet, the story was consistent.

R

Allow me to put a little spin on ur write up

Medusa was in some context regarded as vain and attention grabbing... some write up even claim that she seeked out poisedon attention herself... now that is no excuse for rape( if indeed she was.. some will argue that she willfully laid with d god of the ocean based on his nature, while zues was d god who dominated based on sheer power of intimidation, the Greeks aqua man was more subtle, often regarded as the Casanova of the elder gods)

Athena is the god of war and wisdom, it will go against the very nature of her peculiarity to judge Medusa on sentiments alone( I think). Though she is not an elder god she has outsmarted Poseidon already at least once before the occurrence with Medusa.. if she wanted to, she wud ve called him out on it... the deed was after all done in her temple... she’s also female in nature, so she shud ve sympathized with Medusa as d case may be.

Rape is never under any circumstance the fault of the victim... it doesn’t mean you shud orchestrate or willfully enter situations where you may be violated... the culprit may get punished, but the scars are yours to bear...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Last Gang Standing (Crime) / Witches And Wizards / My Personal Taste..(18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.